EASY LANDSCAPING IDEAS.. INSTALL METAL LANDSCAPE EDGING IN YOUR GARDEN/FLOWER BED

Today’s vlog is all about getting your landscaping and flower beds in order around the house. I’ll how you how easy it is to install metal edging around your garden or flower beds and give you some quick landscaping ideas..hope you enjoy!!

NEED A NEW SHIRT FOR WORKING IN THE GARDEN???
STONEY RIDGE FARMER SHIRTS ARE HERE!!!!
“I SUPPORT VETERAN FARMERS”: https://www.bonfire.com/stoney-ridge-farmer-veteran/
$100 PICKUP SHIRT:

CHECK OUT THE STONEY RIDGE FARMER AMAZON STORE
(STUFF WE USE AND TRUST ON THE FARM) https://www.amazon.com/shop/stoneyridgefarmer?ref=ac_inf_hm_vp

Links for Tools and Products used in the vlog:

Best Watch I’ve ever owned: http://amzn.to/2H8mY1Z

Oakley Gas Can Sunglasses: http://amzn.to/2FO1Dhp

DJI Mavic PRO Drone: http://amzn.to/2yU7nzd

Sony 4k Handycam: http://amzn.to/2nnctP1

Go PRo Hero 4 (4k video): https://amzn.to/2ut8IPQ

SUBSCRIBE LINK!!! http://www.youtube.com/stoneyridgefarmer?sub_confirmation=1

1. Thomas Gills on October 19, 2021 at 9:14 am

Great video, wish I could see how to bend into a right angle and also how to cut or "break" by fatiguing without a saw…wish in one hand and spit in the other, as the old saying goes. Wife wants an absolute square so bought corner squares, but am going to need to make right angle bends and cut a few….will figure it out. Great Personality in your video and will watch your videos for my next projects…very helpful overall! Thanks!!!

2. Matt on October 19, 2021 at 9:15 am

How do you cut this stuff when you used the portion that you need?

3. Donna R Lee on October 19, 2021 at 9:16 am

What’s the name of the trim please? I’m looking for some but only plastic & cheap stuff available.

4. Lorraine Wicenski on October 19, 2021 at 9:17 am

Thanks Mr. Stoney Ridge. I was looking for tips on how to Install the metal edging and it came right to you. Thanks for the tips. We have been watching your videos for a long time and your progress of your farm. We bought 226 acres 2 years ago and are just moving into the new house. Around the house is a mess from construction so this is my first project . Keep up the good work

5. Danny Price on October 19, 2021 at 9:17 am

You wear the best truck going, but you own a Dodge…what’s up with that?

6. Tom Barse on October 19, 2021 at 9:18 am

Cut it with a bolt cutter on either side and it breaks right apart.

7. mayela Johnson on October 19, 2021 at 9:19 am

I just love how to break things down! I’m a newbie. Subscribing

8. Danfrd on October 19, 2021 at 9:20 am

If that’s steel, it will rust eventually. Spend extra for the aluminum pro grade that installs the same way.

9. God Flow on October 19, 2021 at 9:21 am

Wow Sir That Was Beautiful And Awesome

10. Dickie Greenleaf on October 19, 2021 at 9:22 am

Years later I used your advice and still looks good. Installing more tomorrow and needed to refresher. Thanks again.

11. Lauren Doninger on October 19, 2021 at 9:24 am

thanks for this video – what brand of edging did you use? Has it held up?

12. K on October 19, 2021 at 9:25 am

The grass will creep underneath the new edging so it needs to be 2" into the dirt as recommended by the manufacturer, right?

13. Jane Archer on October 19, 2021 at 9:26 am

This should be set into the ground to prevent grass roots from invading your flower beds. How deep depends on the kind of grass. But usually 1.5" to 2". It will also make the edging more stable.

14. patricia russell on October 19, 2021 at 9:27 am

The guys at Home Depot tell me that I could break those inns open and I never could I’m gonna have to take them back tomorrow

15. mach51 on October 19, 2021 at 9:27 am

supposed to sink it in the ground so only 1/2 inch sticks above ground level.

16. Jon & Erica Lind on October 19, 2021 at 9:28 am

Sorry if I missed it, but where can I get the landscape edging?

17. Misterssippi - on October 19, 2021 at 9:29 am

Seems like you can’t do 90 degree angles…

18. Firdos R on October 19, 2021 at 9:30 am

Not safe for kids

19. Anna's Mom Life on October 19, 2021 at 9:32 am

Thanks for the info!

20. GraSSman 86 on October 19, 2021 at 9:34 am

Block of wood and small Sledge works better. I use a 4 in handheld cutoff to cut mine.

21. Teresa's Garden on October 19, 2021 at 9:35 am

New here. Looks good.

22. Eric on October 19, 2021 at 9:36 am

Looks cheap sticking up out of the ground. Needs to only stick up slightly, the point is to keep grass roots from creeping to the other side.

23. Andrea Farrier on October 19, 2021 at 9:37 am

Hello, thank you so much for the great video! 👍🏻

24. Amy Marie on October 19, 2021 at 9:38 am

Was thinking about trying this out this weekend, and now you have this gal convinced! Thanks for such a great video. I love when people truly want to help others and are just genuine and authentic. And funny! Great personality and easy-to-follow steps!

25. God Flow on October 19, 2021 at 9:38 am

Great Work!!!

26. bob mullins on October 19, 2021 at 9:38 am

What was the name brand of that edging? How much is it?

27. James Huey on October 19, 2021 at 9:39 am

What is odd about this metal edging you have, is that the joined spikes you have to break off and remove to use, are shorter than the additional spikes sold at the box stores to go into the middle sections of these 8′ long pieces. Also, the other spikes are not indented to be hammered into and down into those metal slots of each 8′ piece. If you have rheumatoid arthritis as I do, don’t expect those attached spikes to be easy to break off. You may have to lay the long piece down on the ground and then put a small piece of a 2X4 under it to give you some leverage when you try to remove them from the long metal piece. I wish you had shown how to trim the long pieces, should you have an area which is not even with the lengths of metal you have and it has to be cut down. I am installing my green metal edging today, but the high humidity and the heat here today means not getting onto it until later in the evening. It always works better if you have someone to hold the metal as you work and bend it, but it is doable when alone if you can just use your 3rd hand or even your monkey tail. 🙂 🙂 🙂

28. José Luis Sosa on October 19, 2021 at 9:40 am

How do you install this when using a weed-barrier fabric?

29. Rex Griffin on October 19, 2021 at 9:40 am

What is the brand name of the steal edging you show and were can I buy it?

30. amber Lea on October 19, 2021 at 9:41 am

What is the name of the edging and where can I buy it?

31. Corbyn Martin on October 19, 2021 at 9:41 am

Only thing I would say to help with getting it to anchor well is to use rubber mallet to hit the center of each piece first so it doesn’t seesaw on you

32. Johan on October 19, 2021 at 9:43 am

I wonder if the coating contains lead. It’s a big problem with products like this. Test kits are not expensive.

33. Art Schulte on October 19, 2021 at 9:43 am

Great DYI video and I didn’t know about the spikes already on the sections!!

34. Suresh Balchandani on October 19, 2021 at 9:45 am

Why the saw? I did not see you use it.

35. Man Of The Year on October 19, 2021 at 9:51 am

Thx man!👍👍

36. Besharat Monji on October 19, 2021 at 9:51 am

Thank you for sharing the video and God bless you sir

37. patricia russell on October 19, 2021 at 9:52 am

Where did you find those seat covers they look wonderful

38. Stephen on October 19, 2021 at 9:52 am

I just bought a new house and spent days taking that rusted junk out of the ground.

Just edge your beds it’s free all you need is a good spade

39. Thomas Yerbey on October 19, 2021 at 9:54 am

WOOOOOO!!!!🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

40. Soultaker1982 on October 19, 2021 at 9:56 am

Homeowners addition LOL. The correct way is to dig 3 inches down leaving only 1 inch of of the steel exposed. The prep work takes longer than installing it! The prep really is what is going to make the final product look money.. I spend a lot of time grading the beds and walk ways and making sure where my edge is going is “level”. By grading and making the trench where the edging goes level it makes laying the edge super easy. Once you have prepped it good and you start laying it make sure you have a torpedo level and a 4 foot level. For straight runs you can use stakes and string with string level for a reference point. Use a torpedo level to make sure your up and down is level when you’re driving in the stakes. Also the pre-stakes that come on the steel edging don’t use them ! By the longer ones. At the end when you have some imperfections, use the short ones and drive them on the sides of the steel edging to curb correct any imperfections. Also packing the dirt around the steel edging when you’re finished installing it also helps clear up some imperfections. I’ll put up a couple of pictures on my page of what I mean by “looking money”.

41. Michael Dodd on October 19, 2021 at 9:58 am

Nice work man! And nice Happy Gilmore reference. “Just tap it in.”

42. thetruth on October 19, 2021 at 10:00 am

Stop talking and get started don’t say it just do it ! And after all that you don’t put a link where to buy metal edger?? What a total waste of time!!!

43. NewbArchitect on October 19, 2021 at 10:00 am

Hi what did you do at the downspout?, the edge is blocking? Thanks

44. Don Valdez on October 19, 2021 at 10:00 am

Good Info, but how do you cut the edging? For example I want to edge a flower mound, but not sure how to cut it if I have too much length.

45. MML 1 on October 19, 2021 at 10:00 am

another great vid!..hey any idea wat to use as a drill bit or hand saw, or electric saw blade type, in order to cut the metal border? not sure what type of saw blade i wood (obviously not wood saw blade), wish i can do it with clippers but the metal is too thick, thank you sir………

46. THE WEISS on October 19, 2021 at 10:02 am

Thanks a lot for this video!

47. Awper Online on October 19, 2021 at 10:04 am

I am still watching the video so he may have mentioned the price but I only need a few pieces and it will run me $600+ dollars compared to $40 for the weak plastic stuff. My last house came with it and I thought it was cheap until now. Maybe it used to be a lot cheaper.

48. Margaret Mathis on October 19, 2021 at 10:06 am

How do you handle a slope?

49. burrows.george on October 19, 2021 at 10:07 am

That should be down level with the soil.

50. Gary Pratt on October 19, 2021 at 10:10 am

You’re great man, gave me and my girl a chuckle and good tips