easy diy No Dig Border *2020 UPDATE*

easy diy No Dig Border *2020 UPDATE*

How to create a long lasting, attractive landscaping edge without digging. Buy the Vigoro edging from Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2W3pxg5 and start saving money. If this product is out of stock, here is the best alternative product: https://amzn.to/3l8CVKa If you want to create your border shape with straight edges, flip your blocks to create a more solid edge and try using this product: https://amzn.to/3aRp4DA for really straight, solid edges. Ask a question in the comments! I’m pretty quick to reply.

Another great Amazon product that I highly recommend for daily lawn and garden use is this hose that is lightweight, durable, and best of all EASY TO USE: https://amzn.to/2DJ1pJo

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Landscaping Stones from Lowes:
Color:Grayish

Color: Earth Tones

Click here to see the EASY DIY NO DIG BORDER made by people like you that have watched this video and sent in their pictures: https://www.timvogelaar.com/Easy-diy-no-dig-border. If you finished your border and would like to share your photo, please send it to tim@timvogelaar.com.

Hey, I’m also an artist and starting up a photography website and I’d really appreciate it if you could stop by my website and check it out: https://www.timvogelaar.com/

I’ve just got into facebook and instagram finally and here are my links. Please friend and follow!!!

1. E Funky Man on October 28, 2021 at 9:59 am

And here I was looking for "Old School" brick edgings with concrete footers. This is an improved method and I will do this instead! Thank you!

2. Mariam Abdelqader on October 28, 2021 at 9:59 am

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

3. Jason Lestage on October 28, 2021 at 9:59 am

Have you ever tried this with the plastic edging on the inside of the blocks? I really like the look of the stone but don’t love that black plastic showing.

4. Charles Fortner on October 28, 2021 at 10:02 am

If I am butting edging against a concrete pad can I use this edge instead of the edging? If so do you recommend how deep the concrete should be if not using the edging?

5. TExAS LoNgHORns! on October 28, 2021 at 10:02 am

I’m thinking about making a boarder for my backyard along all of my fence line, do you think this strategy will work??

6. Nick Deliso on October 28, 2021 at 10:04 am

I did that a few years ago, without the cement. Allows me to easily change flower bed when desired.

7. Bryan Schrepel on October 28, 2021 at 10:06 am

I’m anxious to start this and love the idea for my backyard. It’s a rocky area, so I’m worried about how easy it will be for me to level the concrete. Any advice? Anyone experience the same thing?

8. shayfay00 on October 28, 2021 at 10:06 am

I’m going to try this, it took 1 hour to dig out three stones, this will take a week long project down to one day

9. Kenny Watson on October 28, 2021 at 10:08 am

I’ve just ordered the no dig edging from Amazon. Struggling to find similar blocks here in the UK, does anyone have any pointers in what they might be called here or where to buy?

10. Cameron McNulty on October 28, 2021 at 10:11 am

I’m confused!!! Where did the rest of the concrete go?? You put an inch down…

11. LIFE IS GOOD on October 28, 2021 at 10:11 am

Can do this around the patio

12. Josh Overton on October 28, 2021 at 10:12 am

How did you make sure the pavers were level? Or are they not and I just miss that part? It looks really good thinking about doing it this weekend.

13. Dana Lynnette on October 28, 2021 at 10:13 am

What about stacking? I want to build a 2-3 ft wall to keep my neighbor’s grass clippings/Bermuda grass out of my yard. Should I use adhesive to stack?

14. Bruce Abbott on October 28, 2021 at 10:14 am

I am considering this technique in front of my house. However, I currently have a "trench" cut out that I use as the edge of the bed. It is anywhere from 3 to 5" deep. Since in need to put the plastic edging where the trench is, I suppose on need to fill that all back in?

15. She Pisces on October 28, 2021 at 10:15 am

What kind of plant is that beautiful red one?

16. Dillon Kreikemeier on October 28, 2021 at 10:15 am

But what would you do if, in the future, you decide to take out the landscaping or change it.

17. Gege's channel on October 28, 2021 at 10:15 am

Great idea. Will do this soon.

18. Paul Foery on October 28, 2021 at 10:16 am

What do you do if the lawn slopes?

19. Diane Ridpath on October 28, 2021 at 10:16 am

Great video! I plan to do this around my mail box and also for the current border in my backyard. But, how does the water get to the concrete that’s underneath the pavers?

20. Operator on October 28, 2021 at 10:17 am

You can do this minus the concrete simply put down your edging make sure your ground is tamped and hard then lay your blocks. There is no need for the concrete

21. Sean Gao on October 28, 2021 at 10:19 am

Thanks! I hope to do this kind of landscaping edge on lawn. Can I directly put the concrete on lawn, and then bricks on it ? Thanks!

22. Sara Alicea on October 28, 2021 at 10:19 am

Thanks so much, hope I could be able to make it since I’m 78 years old.
    ❤️

23. Rebecca Mathias on October 28, 2021 at 10:20 am

Well, we followed your instructions in the video and completed a beautiful landscape border in our front yard. Wish I could post pictures. It looks great and we feel so proud that we did it ourselves. Thanks!

24. Michael Anderson on October 28, 2021 at 10:21 am

Does the quickcrete have to be spread that deep inside the bed? I don’t want to lose all of that planting space behind the pavers.

25. Craig Burnett on October 28, 2021 at 10:22 am

Would there be any reason why you could not have this process with a second course of stone? Well done video. Thanks for this.

26. CitizenKate on October 28, 2021 at 10:22 am

Followed your link to this updated video, and just wanted to let your recent viewers know I built a border in 2017 with some smaller Belgian pavers using this technique, and after 4 winters with lows around -9 to -17 deg. F, my border still looks just like when I first built it. Every single block is still exactly where I laid it. (Except for a few my fencing contractors busted out to replace a wood fence.)

27. Teresa TV on October 28, 2021 at 10:24 am

So awesome. I’m 60 and single and I feel like I can do this project and it’s a doable thing for somebody my age with easy to follow instructions

28. Sophia Goodie on October 28, 2021 at 10:25 am

I really love this, is there any extra steps and I would have to do if I choose to double the bricks.0

29. Na Baddame on October 28, 2021 at 10:26 am

How did this work for long-term weed control? Having that issue now where the weeds are taking over my current edging

30. Bryan Donkersgoed on October 28, 2021 at 10:27 am

Is there anything preventing us from digging a little trench and sinking the border into the ground? Thanks!

31. charles shyne on October 28, 2021 at 10:28 am

How is this method of I wanted to go 2 or 3 blocks high (using landscape adhesive)

32. David on October 28, 2021 at 10:28 am

Have you ever had to remove the concrete that you set?

33. Chanakya Das on October 28, 2021 at 10:30 am

Our is a new home with just a earth/dirt filled backyard and we are going bonkers about how to DIY it? Your excellent video gave us some ideas. Can I do this just on dirt? Or do you need to cover up the dirt first with something and then get started with this procedure? Please advise.

34. nikhil sikri on October 28, 2021 at 10:32 am

Can we use round marbles and use this concrete mix?

35. trinhk on October 28, 2021 at 10:33 am

Using this method, would I be able to stack a few layers of stone to make a raised bed?

36. Sukla Roy on October 28, 2021 at 10:33 am

Nice

37. rebekah neal on October 28, 2021 at 10:39 am

If you fill the beds to the top of the bricks with soil will the soil move the bricks with as little concrete as there is?

38. erin peacexo on October 28, 2021 at 10:40 am

Great video and you made it look so easy. I’d love to try it, but I have one question. Will this work on edging that is sloped? Before I purchase the products, I’d like your opinion. Thank you

39. Angela Schaefer on October 28, 2021 at 10:40 am

Could you do more than one layer of bricks??

40. johnmart127 on October 28, 2021 at 10:40 am

What did you do about the excess concrete behind the brick ?

41. Thomas Siffringer on October 28, 2021 at 10:41 am

Love this! I have a question: is there any reason why I couldn’t use this same method to build a walkway from my back door to my patio? I’m thinking using the border as edging on both sides of the walkway, and filling in with pebblestone in which I’ve laid larger stepping stones. Would love your thoughts on this! Thank you!

42. Chuck Bartenslager on October 28, 2021 at 10:42 am

I live in Michigan. Would the winter temps cause an issue with the structure?

43. Mark and Celine McCoy on October 28, 2021 at 10:45 am

Love this idea, but since the border I want to create is at the bottom of a slope, I will need at least 2 layers of stones to hold in debris and pinestraw that end up in the lawn with any rain. Can I use this same idea with a second row of stones? How would I secure them? Appreciate your help.

44. Silva Sherman on October 28, 2021 at 10:45 am

I like the idea of this technique 👌
    Curious to know how will the water drain through the quick set concrete?
    Thank you!

45. Martin Tochacek on October 28, 2021 at 10:52 am

Great video, thanks for sharing. I am thinking of doing this to create a driveway border and then have river rock fill in for the driveway. Would your method work here as well or would I have to modify? On which side would I put the plastic edging?

46. Justin Miller on October 28, 2021 at 10:52 am

I want to create this no-dig border for a mailbox garden where grass is currently. Will I still need to dig up the grass inside the border before adding mulch/top soil?

47. Terry Richards on October 28, 2021 at 10:53 am

Very nice! Thanks!

48. RENEE J DESIGN STUDIO on October 28, 2021 at 10:54 am

Thank you for this great video. This looks so incredibly easy. Can’t wait to try it.❤️

49. Forlini on October 28, 2021 at 10:57 am

And when you don’t want this anymore do you have to jackhammer it out?

50. Theresa Burden on October 28, 2021 at 10:57 am

Do the blocks come straight too?