Constructing a Raised Bed Vegtable Garden For A Patio Garden

Constructing a Raised Bed Vegtable Garden For A Patio Garden

Re-uploaded video. http://www.container-gardening-for-food.com
Continuing with my urban “growing-food in small spaces” project, today I tackle raised bed gardening, and show me building a raised bed for my patio garden.

This video was made to be featured on my http://www.container-gardening-for-food.com website where I am documenting my progress, and am writing useful articles on all aspects of growing your own food in a container garden environment.

1. Rickvanman - Variety Channel on November 1, 2021 at 10:10 am

Holes in the plastic lining

2. Gardening in Norway on November 1, 2021 at 10:13 am

Hey, Rick. Didn`t it help to protest about this copyright claim?

Cheers, Halvor.

3. DJMovit on November 1, 2021 at 10:14 am

I missed this the first time around. Nice job, but my old woodshop instructors would cringe at the sight of using a pen to mark wood LOL

4. Michael Cannon on November 1, 2021 at 10:15 am

Hey Rick, YT are claiming on my video that your "Childhood memories of winter" is in fact owned by Tranquillity (Release from Anxiety) [Bedtime Listening]. WTF?

5. The Garden of Weeden on November 1, 2021 at 10:16 am

Thank you. You are one organized man! I love it!!

6. Juan Alvarez on November 1, 2021 at 10:18 am

I love this man’s ideas rate:100%

7. easy and natural on November 1, 2021 at 10:19 am

Don’t you thing this plywood at the base will get rotting. I had grown turnips in wooden pine chest drawer and there were loads of mites .😚

8. Josslynn Riot on November 1, 2021 at 10:21 am

You forgot about drainage. It’d be best to drill some holes through the plastic and plywood. No one wants a muddy garden.

9. Meg Berg on November 1, 2021 at 10:23 am

How is it going to drain through both the hardboard and the plastic? I’m a bit confused.

10. Dave Dube on November 1, 2021 at 10:29 am

Sorry but I missed how drainage was going to occur?

11. Wayne M. on November 1, 2021 at 10:30 am

Nice Re-upload Rick! I’ve not seen many of your older videos so I appreciate this very much. Thank You.

12. Rickvanman - Variety Channel on November 1, 2021 at 10:31 am

Thanks Ray, & great to see you stop-by. Been a fan of yours for quite a while now :o)

13. Wiltshire Man on November 1, 2021 at 10:32 am

Rick. Tried to PM you but user lock inplace.
    Here is my message
    Hi Rick,
    Don’t worry!
    Sandy here aka Wiltshire man and G0VQW
    Rick, I have just purchased a new camcorder. A Panasonic HVc210. My old camcorder died!
    Can you furnish me with a "Windjammer" or something I can put on the front of the camera. DOn’t mind paying for it.
    Many thanks
    Sandy
    PS the tomatoes were lovely.

14. Umair Qazi on November 1, 2021 at 10:35 am

thanks that was really helpful, it’s almost spring & I’m going to give it a go.

15. Rickvanman - Variety Channel on November 1, 2021 at 10:36 am

Sadly, false claims like these have just started appearing right across the youtube community. You just need to dispute it – there are some youtube instructions on my website (music4yourvids.co.uk). Go to "contact" then click the youtube issues link :o)

16. Synapse on November 1, 2021 at 10:37 am

Excellent idea Rick, I’ll use this method to construct an indoor Koi holding pond frame for the upcoming winter, Cheers.

17. Jaya Swamy on November 1, 2021 at 10:38 am

What about the drain holes

18. Ray Nicholson on November 1, 2021 at 10:38 am

Hi rick i like the growbag extension diagram at the start of the vid i will be utilising that for my beds,cheers.

19. MR GARDEN PROJECTS on November 1, 2021 at 10:42 am

I really like your video. Thanks for sharing.

20. Blythe Aurnia Nadur on November 1, 2021 at 10:43 am

I need you to come over to my place to build some of these for me :o)

21. William Lavery on November 1, 2021 at 10:46 am

Thanks Rick
    I cant believe i never thought of that!

22. Milltowntoffee on November 1, 2021 at 10:53 am

Fantastic explanation and simple to understand for a complete novice like myself, but can I ask what sort of base do I need if it’s going directly onto a lawn and should I dig up the grass before filling bed? Hope you can help Rick

23. ScudoCamper - Not Just Camping on November 1, 2021 at 10:55 am

Nice job mate. Maybe going to have a go at raised bed gardening next year.

24. BigBadgers2001 on November 1, 2021 at 10:58 am

Excellent. I want to try growing veg, but my garden has two huge Laylandii trees and a really old cooking apple tree. The earth would be full of roots that would suck my veg dry, and as it’s a council property, and overlooked by a large office building, cutting them down is not an option. Plus they are full of wildlife. A raised bed will work a treat to get me started on my veggies. Cheers Rick.

25. Maila Loomy on November 1, 2021 at 10:58 am

Splendidly to see Woodglut have new plans which helped me save some money and energy for this construction.

26. rudylikestowatch on November 1, 2021 at 10:58 am

Thanks for this. I’ve been wondering how your home patio garden was coming along. All I have is a small back yard and love seeing what others do to maximize production.

27. William Lavery on November 1, 2021 at 11:02 am

Hi Rick,
    Im new to gardening & have been watching your allotment videos with interest. I have found your how to make a raised bed tutorial but I’m wondering, if i fit a ply base & line the bed with bin liner, wont the bed become waterlogged?

28. Mark Purcell on November 1, 2021 at 11:08 am