How to Build a Raised Garden Bed.

How to Build a Raised Garden Bed.

Before you watch this video watch the update for 3 tips on a perfect planter!

10 2×3 studs
12 (NOT 10) 6 ft fence boards
3 inch #10 outdoor screws
1.5 inch # 8 outdoor screws
Paint
Outdoor wood stain
Brushes and old rag
Plastic sheeting : https://amzn.to/2NdEABd

Circular saw and if possible a chop saw
Pea Gravel
Organic Raised Bed Mix

1. RICHARD CHOWN on November 2, 2021 at 10:14 am

I have been using plywood for my beds for years.. Ergo my beds are usually 4×8 or 4×4 I scew them together with 2x2s in the corners which are 8′ long and use them for supporting plants
    this is a very inexpensive bed. I also staple hardware cloth to the bottom to keep out varmints
    I do like your bed a lot. How long do they last?
    thanks for your service sir.

2. TheMrsbullard on November 2, 2021 at 10:17 am

So you don’t put anything down to line the bottom of the planter before the pea gravel? I’ve never built a garden before and am researching different ways. The way my backyard is set up I have concrete in the area with the most sunlight. So I’m looking at raised beds over concrete

3. martysgarden on November 2, 2021 at 10:20 am

Quite useful for those that are handy with tools. I would throw hay bales in mine to get them started, and an underground worm farm at one end so they can populate through the beds over time and help fertilize with their castings,,just a thought.
    Happy Gardening
    Marty Ware

4. luthier47 on November 2, 2021 at 10:24 am

Are you any relation to Bob Ross?…. I’m going to let the rain and snow color my boards…but I really love the job you did ! Is a “ raised planter Mix” critical?

5. Dene. F. on November 2, 2021 at 10:30 am

P.S. What length is a ‘stud’? Not sure that’s a given length where I am? Thanks.

6. Bob Snyder on November 2, 2021 at 10:30 am

How many cubic feet / bags of compost was needed to fill the bed?

7. Richard Ehrlich on November 2, 2021 at 10:31 am

I made mine 12" off the concrete, I guess I put in too many drain holes, I now have a flood under from the run off water. I am using the run off water to water other plants.
    What do you do for your run off ? And how would you address if you were 12" off concrete?

8. Ramin Satyahadi on November 2, 2021 at 10:41 am

Will the water drain through all over the concrete floor, thus dirtying it over time?

9. Chris Chambless on November 2, 2021 at 10:44 am

Sooo… it just drains out onto your concrete? Thats going to stain it right.

10. Mustafa Naeem on November 2, 2021 at 10:50 am

Very nice my kinda guy

11. Sirena Spades on November 2, 2021 at 10:51 am

Oh. A power saw. Nope.

12. Victoria Cooper on November 2, 2021 at 11:00 am

WHat happens when you get a lot of rain?

13. Matt Davis on November 2, 2021 at 11:03 am

how much did all this cost?

14. pluresstratis on November 2, 2021 at 11:06 am

Not quite clear what you do for the bottom part? Looks like nothing…

15. Reuben son of the most high on November 2, 2021 at 11:09 am

Thank you you have given me an idea of how to go about doing my raised bed

16. Dene. F. on November 2, 2021 at 11:10 am

Have hit subscribe. I am new to anything that involves tools (am a computer person) but instead of finding God when I hit 50, I found DIY and garden DIY. I have bought lots of tools and power tools recently and might just have a slow, very show attempt at this (for the wife, she does the plants and flowers). Many thanks.