My New Greenhouse

My New Greenhouse

This piece is in partnership with Gardena, Europe’s leading brand of high quality gardening tools. They sent me their NatureUp! vertical planter, Balcony Basic Set, and AquaRoll M hose trolley that you’ll see in the video.

If you’ve been following the last few videos you’ll know that I’m currently in the middle of a move. As a gardener I can tell you that moving house is VERY stressful. All the plants that need to be dug up and pots to move. That’s on top of doing everything inside the house(s) – packing up, cleaning, painting, and everything else.

This week I took a day off house duties to spend much needed time in the garden. The greenhouse actually. I’m keeping the older greenhouse that’s at the new house and it really needed some cleaning and clearing out. I’ve also moved some of my own plants inside and took the opportunity to move and set up my vertical planter.

In this video:
✽ Cleaning the greenhouse: clearing what remained, cleaning the floor, scrubbing the glass, and readying it for use.
✽ Trying to remove shade paint from the glass – if you have any suggestions on how you’d do this, please leave it as a comment.
✽ Planting my Gardena vertical planter with edibles including pak choi, Chinese cabbage, and viola flowers

Get your own Vertical Planter: http://bit.ly/2I1HTFH
Learn more about the Balcony Basic Set: http://bit.ly/2olqA9C (it would make a great gift!)
More on the AquaRoll M hose trolley: http://bit.ly/2IKwaOi
Check out Gardena’s other products: http://bit.ly/2vO1uqh

➤ If you enjoyed this video please give it a thumbs up and subscribe (thank you!).
➤Remember to TURN ON notifications to know when new videos are out
➤ FIND LOVELY GREENS ONLINE

LEARN MORE: https://lovelygreens.com/about
INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/lovely.greens/
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/LovelyGreens
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/lovely.greens.iom/

➤ NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION https://www.subscribepage.com/q2d1b7
➤ ENQUIRIES hello@lovelygreens.com

#gardening #greenhouse #gardena

1. Alfreda Bell on November 3, 2021 at 10:31 am

Try using ammonia diluted with water and dawn dish washing liquid. And don’t for get to wear a mask

2. Big Rick's Haberdashery on November 3, 2021 at 10:33 am

CLR, that is calcium carbonate from hardness in water. Be sure to ventilate well and wear gloves.

3. Robert Mcclure on November 3, 2021 at 10:33 am

……windex……………….,razor blade scrapper for nasty stuff on windows

4. HARRY BUTLER on November 3, 2021 at 10:35 am

You can use a single edge razor blade to clean your windows.

5. Concrete Spot on November 3, 2021 at 10:36 am

I have found that if you use sugar soap on the windows you get that white marks off. Rub it on wet, leave for few minutes and wash again with sugar soap with a dish sponge and wash off with clean water.

6. shugocharaikuto on November 3, 2021 at 10:37 am

The white stuff looks like hard water stains to me. If your not against using chemicals try "sno-bol toilet bowl cleaner" if you can find it. other heavy duty toilet cleaner might work to.

7. DAVE WAGNER on November 3, 2021 at 10:41 am

use CLR….it seems to be calcium

8. DTF 907 Down To Fish on November 3, 2021 at 10:43 am

Steel wool and water or for very stubborn stuff some sort of acetone or adhesive remover

9. Jan Willetts on November 3, 2021 at 10:45 am

You can scrape moss from between the glass panes with a plastic plant label.

10. Ruthie's Succulent Obsession on November 3, 2021 at 10:46 am

Looks amazing. Thanks for sharing. I love the bonsai.

11. TheOddBoxGaming on November 3, 2021 at 10:46 am

Try some white spirits, can get them at most supermarkets and hardware stores. I’ve even used vodka when I havent had time to go to the shop!

12. sweetness on November 3, 2021 at 10:47 am

You should have used a pressure washer

13. Jenell Jurado on November 3, 2021 at 10:47 am

Oh my gosh U sound just like me I have so much to do in my house But cant resist the urge to go do garden chores or just to go take a sneak peek at how my garden is doing But it never goes like that I end up spending hours in it lol

14. mike maxwell on November 3, 2021 at 10:48 am

A razor scraper could help get paint off too.

15. Mad Max on November 3, 2021 at 10:50 am

use a razor/blade and scrape the windows….

16. dallastaylor 547 on November 3, 2021 at 10:51 am

Even if you get the seams cleaned they will get mossed up again because the glass overlaps, retains moisture.

17. Jenn M on November 3, 2021 at 10:52 am

What size is this greenhouse?

18. Carrie M on November 3, 2021 at 10:53 am

A garden sprayer would work and spray…soak…scrub then rinse.

19. Tammy C on November 3, 2021 at 10:53 am

What is a hose ban and why?

20. Totally Scale Models on November 3, 2021 at 10:55 am

i really have to clean out my green house.

21. tony ngiuyen on November 3, 2021 at 10:56 am

Use hot steam buy steam gun,thats best to clean even most glue.

22. Garulus Glandarius on November 3, 2021 at 10:57 am

Not only an informative and interesting channel, it’s a bonus that the hostess is super hot too 👍

23. 57&justgointowaist on November 3, 2021 at 10:59 am

A brush and peroxide for mold. scrub-rinse-scrub and let dry

24. The Impatient Gardener on November 3, 2021 at 10:59 am

Great video! I’m envious of that greenhouse even if it was a bit grungy when it became yours. Can’t wait to see all you do in this garden!

25. Karen Payne on November 3, 2021 at 10:59 am

Morning Tanya. We used Biostrip20 water based paint remover for glass in our inherited greenhouse. It was quick to use and removed all the shading paint easily. I’m really looking forward to seeing your new garden develop.

26. Matt Haley on November 3, 2021 at 11:00 am

Flat edge razors and steel wool to remove the hard water on the glass. Try lime away too.

27. Missouri Girl on November 3, 2021 at 11:01 am

Bleach will kill the mold and mildew. Try lime a way or paint thinner for windows or hard water deposits

28. Love always Jasmine on November 3, 2021 at 11:01 am

Where did you get your greenhouse

29. Scratch Made Homestead on November 3, 2021 at 11:02 am

Use a straight edge on the windows

30. Orchid and Kitties on November 3, 2021 at 11:04 am

that vartical planters are very nice.thumbs up X3

31. Grow Roots on November 3, 2021 at 11:05 am

Try methylated spirits on the glass 😁

32. Orchid and Kitties on November 3, 2021 at 11:05 am

some times it get little over whelming with inside and out side work.last summer I had my kitchen done.so it was little too much.but thats how it goes.

33. Lucas Luvas on November 3, 2021 at 11:06 am

be carefull..:-)

34. Jan Winters on November 3, 2021 at 11:06 am

I would try TSP ( Trisodium Phosphate Cleaner). It removes chalk paint so might be something that works.

35. Roberto Ramirez on November 3, 2021 at 11:07 am

I love your greenhouse

36. Phil Mac on November 3, 2021 at 11:12 am

Use G3 compound on the stained window…circular movements, small areas at a time

37. Ruby Gray on November 3, 2021 at 11:12 am

What a wonderful adventure! Let’s hope this is a permanent move.
    I agree that tending to plants in the garden is more important sometimes than working inside, because once seeds or plants are set up, they can carry on with the business of growing while you are doing those other chores.
    I would prefer to put up with the many inconveniences of my home than suffer having to move again!

38. D N on November 3, 2021 at 11:13 am

Have fun. Gardening is so relaxing. Those apples look yum. Also use Dr Power on the glass.

39. Dances with Dust Bunnies on November 3, 2021 at 11:14 am

Looks more like lime scale than paint. 🤔

40. sashat100 on November 3, 2021 at 11:15 am

Paint thinner and alcohol, separately.

41. Tweedle Dro on November 3, 2021 at 11:15 am

Beautiful video. Keep them coming. God bless.

42. Z. Weertje on November 3, 2021 at 11:16 am

For between the glass I use this special toothpicks you can buy for the little spaces between the teeth.
    They are miniature brushes and it works perfect without scratching

43. Anonomous Elephant on November 3, 2021 at 11:19 am

WD40 for the glass

44. jesse debord on November 3, 2021 at 11:20 am

No,no grow the moss,its intreating thing to grow just try to transplant it as best yoy can <_>

45. Dian Puspitasari on November 3, 2021 at 11:24 am

I am dying to have that GH

46. Ron Yerke on November 3, 2021 at 11:26 am

Have you gotten the glass clean yet? It’s been two months now. Taking down the glass panels and soaking them in a vinegar solution will help get residues off. One reason why it hasn’t worked already could be it’s not just a white film, but a thicker build-up of deposits. The algae will die in the soak too, and easy to wipe off in just a few hours. Soaking one panel at a time will allow you to keep the greenhouse in operation if you wish. You’ll need a replacement panel for each shape. Just make up a plastic, wood, or metal panel to put temporarily into place while the glass is being cleaned. You have how many different shapes, 3 or 4; more? Be well and God bless.

47. Diana Growing Lillegården Small Swedish Homestead on November 3, 2021 at 11:27 am

If you want to get rid of gardening stuff dont throw it out, put in a local online group with buy on sales or even give away. Lots of gardening stuff can be reused and its good for the environment. You should look on proffesional cleaning stores/ office supply stuff. They have stuff that will clean professionally, you could even find some eco friendly ones.

48. Vanessa Eden on November 3, 2021 at 11:28 am

You sound American so I was surprised you referred to the ladybird by the English name and not ladybug. Have just subscribed, loving your videos.

49. Khamalia Nawawi on November 3, 2021 at 11:29 am

Try thinner or turpentine to remove the paint stain on the glass.

50. Daniel Moore on November 3, 2021 at 11:29 am

Sorry, thumbs down. The video seemed like an ad for Gardenia. All the best with greenhouse though.