Large Keter Garden Planter 2 Year Update 6/10/2020

Large Keter Garden Planter 2 Year Update 6/10/2020

I have had the Keter 31 Gallon Planter outside in the elements for 2 years and here is how it looks today! So far the Keter Easy Grow system does work well even with someone who does not have a green thumb!

Amazon Materials Links:
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
KETER XL Urban Bloomer Resin Elevated Planter Raised Garden Bed
https://amzn.to/2XPHUFY (Paid Link)
Bloomer 12.7 Gallon Raised Garden Bed
https://amzn.to/2UzBRDH (Paid Link)
Keter Seqouia Planter – Grey
https://amzn.to/2XQliFz (Paid Link)

If you have a computer, cell phone, or tablet check out World Community Grid and donate your computing cycles to find cures for diseases (Cancer, AIDS, TB) or help with weather patterns for Africa. Click the link below to sign up and join the World Composting group.

#Keter #worldcomposting #vermiculture

1. Trivia Spencer on November 6, 2021 at 10:53 am

Some folks in one of my garden groups say to use male or dog urine to keep the deer away

2. Shelby Slocum on November 6, 2021 at 10:54 am

Crushed red pepper will help keep the deer away, as well as raccoons or opossums

3. David Barnes on November 6, 2021 at 10:55 am

Predator lights

4. pete caco on November 6, 2021 at 10:56 am

invite those deer inside for dinner i bet that scare them away see if they will climb into the oven

5. pete caco on November 6, 2021 at 10:56 am

maybe bear or bobcat urine

6. Kathrine Kerns on November 6, 2021 at 10:58 am

I have heard that deer don’t like Irish Spring Soap. Never encountered this problem before.

7. Leshana Saint-Jean on November 6, 2021 at 11:04 am

Is that the all-weather, self watering Keter planter or the Keter Full Bloom Elevated Garden, Resin Raised Planter?

8. margaret urz on November 6, 2021 at 11:05 am

Chicken wire cafe would work.

9. The Danish Wormery on November 6, 2021 at 11:10 am

I have no good advice to keep deer away, but the plant container is smart with water indicator and drainage holeπŸ‘

10. Phil on November 6, 2021 at 11:16 am

I am thinking about buying this planter. The instructions on the web site say if you plan to leave it out where it’s exposed to rainfall to use it as an "open" system. Does this imply that you leave the drain caps out during assembly and you leave the end drain valve open all the time? Does it have a set reservoir of water that would drain out automatically if it gets above a certain water height level?

11. Diane Kuhl on November 6, 2021 at 11:17 am

I use bird netting, and bamboo stakes. I put stakes in the 4 corners and wrap the bird netting around them , IT WORKS

12. Debora Brown on November 6, 2021 at 11:17 am

Hey there! Thanks for the info! I just bought a Keeter and just filled and planted it tonight with potting soil and herbs. When I watered everything, the water table "flower" didn’t pop up. Instead, water started flooding out from the bottom in sheets of water (not from where the plug is located) Any suggestions??? I sure don’t want to pull all the dirt out and return it. What a pain! I’m hoping whatever happened will be a "quick adjustment" and the water table alert will start working properly. Also, just wanted to put in my "2 cents worth" about the deer. I live in Eastern Oregon and before that, I lived in Northern Idaho. I have been surrounded by deer all my life and it can be so disheartening to wake up in the morning and find all my lettuce gone. I have just learned to plant "deer resistant" plants. Here is a website that I’ve found helpful. https://getbusygardening.com/deer-resistant-plants/?fbclid=IwAR1ksQIeIDBL9zvOjqmWFVXPRADtw51k_tjb3l7IeJJmdIwtGZvs1LvWA9s And for those plants that I really want to grow that are "not" deer resistant, I just put them on my deck which happens to be 10 feet off the ground. :o) Also, just because it says "deer resistant" doesn’t mean that the deer will stay away all the time. If they are hungry enough, they will each pretty much anything, as I’m sure you already know! Good luck! And if anyone knows what’s up with my new Keeter, please let me know. Thanks!

13. thegiftlady1 on November 6, 2021 at 11:19 am

Put the planter on your deck if you have one. I put growbags on my deck 3 yrs in a row with huge success x an occasional squirrel.
    Trouble posting my tip 4 deer. See these items on Amazon, you’ll get it.
    Jobe’s Easy Gardener LG400171 7-by-100-Foot Deer Barrier Fencing, 7 Ft x 100 Ft , Black
    Tingyuan Garden Stakes 24 Inches Steel Plant Stakes, Pack of 25

14. Dee C on November 6, 2021 at 11:19 am

Fences , tall and wide around things you wish to keep. You can try plants that deer don’t particularly like like marigolds, salvias , lavender , thorny plants and those that are fuzzy , like lambs ear. Plant them around and through areas where you have deer issues.
    That Keeter bed is nice . Is that one spout enough drainage?

15. Shriya's Kutty Farm on November 6, 2021 at 11:29 am

Awesome.Good video.Result of hard work. Give your valuable comments to improve our channel thank you. Stay connected and stay blessed

16. Chad Hamilton on November 6, 2021 at 11:30 am

What part of the country do you live in?

17. margaret urz on November 6, 2021 at 11:30 am

I got this planter this year and it is challenging compared to my city pickers garden beds. The major flaw is there should be openings to let the water out at some point. I’m seriously considering adding holes to it.

18. Samuel Millman on November 6, 2021 at 11:34 am

as a wildlife biologist the only thing that will deter them is building a fence that will stop them from getting to your crops.

19. Vince Maynard on November 6, 2021 at 11:36 am

add human hair but if not afraid of folks do not know

20. A V on November 6, 2021 at 11:39 am

How about one of those motion-sensing sprinkler that give the deer a squirt of water when they approach your planter?! Link: https://amzn.to/2YrFrAF

21. World Composting on November 6, 2021 at 11:41 am

Let me know what you do to keep the deer away!

22. DeShaune Lockett on November 6, 2021 at 11:44 am

Have you tried using a citronella plant? This is what I read πŸ‘‰ Citronella plants can thrive in full to part sun and can grow in any well-draining soil. … Mosquito plants are drought and heat tolerant and deer resistant. The Citronella plant is hardy in zones 9-11. Also mint can overtake your garden, plant it by itself.😊

23. thegiftlady1 on November 6, 2021 at 11:45 am

They know that trick. It may work for a while though. You can get the HEAVY GAUGE deer netting, Amazon.com. Not the stuff at Home Depot. That’s too hard to work with and birds get caught in it, very sad. I bought 2 & 3′ stakes, put in the planter zip tied to the stakes.
    Hope this helps.
    P.S. Growing tomatoes, cucumbers, squash in grow bags on the deck. Deck is elevated 4′ or so.