This SIMPLE Creek Water Feature DIY – How to Build a natural looking Stream!

This SIMPLE Creek Water Feature DIY – How to Build a natural looking Stream!

Follow-up Video about Maintenance: https://youtu.be/FhjnN7zTedw
I made another bigger creek! Check it out here: https://youtu.be/ks48nw8x0NU

Cost Breakdown:
$70 Liner
$30 Pump
$30 Rock
$20 Plants

$150

Supply Links:
Liner – https://amzn.to/2QnmlrN
Pump – https://amzn.to/2NHmMiC

(Amazon Affiliate links, I earn on select purchases)

Music:
Amelia by Amine Maxwell https://soundcloud.com/aminemaxwell
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/amine-maxwell-amelia
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/wqNpI4vNuyk

Hello my name is Travis Jantzer! I’m a vlogger from Oregon in the PNW. Online I go by TJantzer. My wife’s name is Cassie and our daughter born in spring of 2019 is named Hazel. If you watch our videos you’ll learn we love rock climbing (particularly bouldering), ultimate frisbee, road trips, diy projects, and drones. We converted a van to a camper for vanlife and take road trips when we have time. We play ultimate in the fall. Climb in the gym from fall to spring. Play Frisbee again in the spring. And play sand volleyball with our friends through the summer. I wrote a book and love writing poetry. Cassie loves watercolor painting and pencil sketching. We both enjoy cooking though she is way better at it. I started on Youtube in 2011 but did not take it seriously until 2018 and even then I was inconsistent. In 2020 my resolution is to make one video every weekend and post it by Tuesday of that week. My passion is video editing. I started doing wedding videos last year and this year got a job shooting real estate photos and video. I still consider myself an amateur, but I’m learning something new with every video.
My goals for 2020:
1 video every week
500 subscribers on Youtube (Done! I’m pushing 1000 now! : )

Subscribe to my channel to follow along. Comment below if you relate to anything you see, or have any questions.
I’ll respond to as many comments as I see!

You can find me on Instagram and Twitter with “TJantzer” and visit my website to see my writing and blog posts at TJantzer.com

Thanks for stopping by!
I’ll see you next week.
-Travis Jantzer

1. Fri Eli Asha on November 7, 2021 at 11:02 am

Hi can u please make a water feature that appears that the water is going to flow toward the front door

2. Ballistic Badger on November 7, 2021 at 11:03 am

You kinda look like Serpadesign 😛😀..

3. juan garza on November 7, 2021 at 11:04 am

4. SOILFIT on November 7, 2021 at 11:05 am

Good man good Dad too..thanks!

5. timffoster on November 7, 2021 at 11:06 am

This is an excellent way to start. I’m curious as to how it’s holding up over time. Looking forward to the update videos.

6. jay dee on November 7, 2021 at 11:06 am

I wish you would have shown a step by step.

7. Demetri Morales on November 7, 2021 at 11:08 am

Your water bill must have gone up after this home made creek

8. John Jacob Astor on November 7, 2021 at 11:10 am

Jeeeeeeshh this guy is so attractive 🙌🏼😍👌🏼 subscribed!

9. Darius White on November 7, 2021 at 11:10 am

How do u deal with over flowing from rain

10. David Schmidt on November 7, 2021 at 11:12 am

Thanks Travis….this was cool…props on the wheelbarrow waterfall

11. Bonsai Bob on November 7, 2021 at 11:12 am

Check out Karl Taylor photography. He is awesome

12. Martin Pye on November 7, 2021 at 11:12 am

Great job. Watching from the UK. Love the old wheelbarrow idea. Looking to do something similar, and now that wheelbarrow idea is in my head. Mine’s a bit different, as I am having to build up over concrete, but the concept is now coming off your idea. Great stuff you two. Thanks.

13. russian army on November 7, 2021 at 11:13 am

Thats just beatifull

14. Bruno on November 7, 2021 at 11:13 am

Meth vibes.

15. Gerardo Bolla on November 7, 2021 at 11:15 am

Look beautiful congrats, the only thing is you will have a lot of problems with the leaves from that tree, is a painfully thing pick them from the water.

16. DjJtown on November 7, 2021 at 11:15 am

Simple is where it’s at. The way you’ve shown can add so much to a garden because it’s not overly complicated or takes up too much room & it can be incorporated with other designs easily. I can imagine the additional curb appeal this has added to your home since it’s in front of the house.

17. Melissa Lundien on November 7, 2021 at 11:16 am

Nice! What pump did you use?

18. Red Deer Rebel RC on November 7, 2021 at 11:18 am

How offen do you have to top up the water level?

19. Ols Outdoors on November 7, 2021 at 11:20 am

How is The stream going

20. Raymond Jr. on November 7, 2021 at 11:23 am

Great idea!! Nice and affordable

21. jesuisbanan on November 7, 2021 at 11:23 am

This is adorable

22. Knights Mercy on November 7, 2021 at 11:24 am

How does it hold up? Does your water quality suffer over time? What happens with a lot of rain? Lots of questions!

23. Cloi on November 7, 2021 at 11:25 am

I really want to make one like that creek but I’m afraid of frogs 🐸 visitors 😔

24. c j on November 7, 2021 at 11:26 am

Love it brother man, great job!

25. Ilse Nooten on November 7, 2021 at 11:26 am

Is this possible with a solarpump?? This is exactly what I was planning so thank you very much🙏🏻

26. drtek on November 7, 2021 at 11:27 am

AMAZING!!!! Your thoughts on slope and breaks and overlap in water flow are intriguing…. Also your rock/pebble placement is great… Love the wheelbarrow theme. What is the orange wire at 1:48 minutes? Did you use a felt liner beneath the liner? What size pump did you use? What is the finished length of the stream water feature? I am considering doing something similar… for providing water to birds…. and , I bet! The toads and frogs would love this. Many thanks!

27. GTBoyblogcom on November 7, 2021 at 11:28 am

I really like the video… its awesome how to make it look so natural yet simple to make. Great job

28. Joshua Bricker on November 7, 2021 at 11:29 am

Do you have to add a basin?

29. Miss Kim on November 7, 2021 at 11:33 am

I was just pondering this tonight in my backyard and wasn’t even looking at yard videos, I wasn’t even talking out loud for the phone to overhear and suggest the video, didn’t even have it near me, it was charging… I’ve been trying to decide whether to make a wall fountain, independent yard fountain, or a stream, and the lines of the area would just be better to have a little stream, but I also want it quick and easy as you said, just a simple meandering run of water, and boom! There’s your video. No need to scour any more minutes, let alone hours of other videos, this is exactly what I was wanting to do. And I like your easy idea for creating the natural fluctuations of a riverbed. I’ve got some smooth logs I can just put underneath the liner to create those little variations… and the yard happens to slope in that spot already. What a plus! Always preferable to work with the natural terrain.

And by the way, you have such a cute family, it’s just great to see a kid still happily drinking from the good old garden hose, enjoying yard time with mom and dad, and it’s also good to see a handsome guy who includes his very pretty wife and his adorable child front and center in the video, too. Family is so important…

30. Mokuahicoconut AJ on November 7, 2021 at 11:35 am

I have watched this like 900 times

31. J Barringer on November 7, 2021 at 11:38 am

You guys done an amazing job on this.. and your little one was cute as can be

32. Colin Covill on November 7, 2021 at 11:38 am

Hey, love this and we are going to do something similar, we have an old path on a natural slope, so going to use that as the stream into a small pond.
    What kind of pump did you use ? A submersible pump or a proper pond/waterfall pump ? As the height from top of stream above pond is bout 4ft difference.
    Watching and subscribed from Somerset, uk

33. drtek on November 7, 2021 at 11:41 am

Tough to grow any type of turf under that tree… Love that you have used the wheelbarrow as containment for Water lettuce…? What is "the board" you used for rippling?

34. Abdurrahman Firat on November 7, 2021 at 11:42 am

Good job

35. sister saison on November 7, 2021 at 11:43 am

I love this 😀❤

36. Flame E.N.D. on November 7, 2021 at 11:44 am

Can we put crabs in that pond

37. Nathaniel Spence on November 7, 2021 at 11:44 am

Thanks Travis! Really enjoyed your video. It’s refreshing to see someone with an honest heart. Bless you and your Family

38. Johnny Del Valle on November 7, 2021 at 11:45 am

Absolutely amazing. You are very talente my friend. Beautiful.🤠💯👍God bless you and family.

39. Jay Dee on November 7, 2021 at 11:48 am

Thank-you. The water is being circulated. Do you need to replenish the water?

40. قناة منوعات on November 7, 2021 at 11:49 am

ممكن واحد يكولي ليش يستخدمون الكيس
    موجود الاسمنت ولحصا ولحجر شنو فائده الكيس

41. Chris Clift on November 7, 2021 at 11:49 am

Great video kind of inspiring me to build one myself I was wondering what mill liner did you use or recommend?

42. Biden Administration on November 7, 2021 at 11:49 am

What brand pump you use?

43. Texas Outdoor Fanatic on November 7, 2021 at 11:50 am

How did you handle the power situation, I plan on building a little stream/waterfall for my small farm pond but it’s like 50 feet or more away from the house lol. I dont know if I’m just gonna have to run a long cord on the ground or find a way to bury it

44. Travis Jantzer on November 7, 2021 at 11:51 am

If this project interested you go check out this bigger and better one! I used all the same concepts from this video with a little extra detail 🙂 https://youtu.be/ks48nw8x0NU

45. C B on November 7, 2021 at 11:51 am

I have a natural stream in my backyard it looks similar to yours. I would like to see a fish population in it. Do you think minnows would be a good idea to populate the stream? If so how Many do I need?

46. Bella H on November 7, 2021 at 11:53 am

We’re about to do this in our back yard. You make it look easy. We will see. 🤞

47. Robert Oler on November 7, 2021 at 11:54 am

well done

48. Bill Randolph on November 7, 2021 at 11:54 am

Looks great! Cheers!

49. pondsidegardens on November 7, 2021 at 11:56 am

best wheelbarrows ever made – big mistake cutting up that one, cannot buy them anymore!!!! Otherwise, nice vid and thanks for sharing

50. Seymour Skinner on November 7, 2021 at 12:00 pm

I’d like to see more on the mechanics. Connecting the water, pump etc