Herb Garden Tour | Harvesting and Drying

Herb Garden Tour | Harvesting and Drying

Today marks the beginning of the garden harvest in my Zone 3b garden. Herbs are one of my favourite things to grow and this year I have grown more than ever. I hope you enjoy coming along with me as I harvest and share with you all the herbs I’m growing this year!

Patchouli
Borage
Russian Terragon
Peppermint
Mojito Mint
Common Mint

For Herbal Information

Thanks for watching! If you would like to see more content from us please SUBSCRIBE!

I’ve been asked about our Faith so I’m including a link here for those interested in understanding more about it.
Baha’i Faith https://www.bahai.org/

Join us on Patreon where we share exclusive content.

You can also find us on:

INSTAGRAM @

TWITTER @LMranch11

FACEBOOK

We would love to hear from you!

Snail Mail:
PO Box 236
150 Mile House, BC.
V0K-2G0

E-mail: littlemountainranch.mc at gmail dot com

If you are interested in learning about Essential Oils, please visit my website to get in touch. I would be happy to share with you how I use oils with my family and around our farm.

Products I recommend:

Jun Scoby

If that one is sold out check out this one!

Silicone Fermentation Lids

Fermentation Pebbles

Homesteading Books I recommend:

Preserving Without Canning or Freezing

Root Cellaring

The Woodland Homestead

Farming in the Woods

Grassfed Cattle

If you would like to support our channel you can do that by using the affiliate links above to purchase products we think are awesome! It doesn’t cost you anything, but we do make a small commission if you make a purchase. Thank you so much!

You can also find us on:

INSTAGRAM @

TWITTER @LMranch11

FACEBOOK

We would love to hear from you!

Snail Mail:
PO Box 236
150 Mile House, BC.
V0K-2G0

E-mail: littlemountainranch.mc at gmail dot com

1. Kimberlee Monroe on November 8, 2021 at 11:04 am

Love your channel!

2. Jardin Petit Bassin on November 8, 2021 at 11:06 am

Just got caught up on your videos πŸ˜‰ looking great!! Can’t believe it’s the end of July! I would love your daughters shampoo recipe but I can’t find it…Looked on Instagram but I’m not used of using it so it could’ve I missed it!? Can you dm me the link?
    Thanks Chelsea!
    Martine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

3. Tannenbaumgirl on November 8, 2021 at 11:07 am

When you’re grinding it up and cooking it is ccx when you need protection…cooking it outdoors helps.

4. Little Squirrel on November 8, 2021 at 11:07 am

I live in 7b and my herbs are crazy. I couldn’t kill them if I tried. And I have tried, because they get out of control. I use my herbs just for cooking and for looks. I don’t drink tea, but my mom robs the herb patch for tea. I love lemon balm and rosemary, chives, basil, parsley, mints, oregano, sage, and tarragon. Seems those are my most used herbs. Many herbs I grow and don’t even use, and I don’t even know what they are…..they just are so beautiful and smell so good. I dehydrate herbs by hanging upside down in paper bags, mine got off coloring using the dehydrator. Love your videos and am amazed how different gardening is in a cooler zone. You produce soooooo much abundance. Your garden and house and land are beautiful.

5. B12 Lauresta, Saimon Dirk on November 8, 2021 at 11:08 am

Please do convince your dear daugther to do a video on how to make that shampoo.πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

6. Northstar Prepsteader on November 8, 2021 at 11:08 am

Your herbs look fantastic and I can just imagine the smells in your basket! Super incredible gift to have received the extra Excalibur πŸ™‚

7. 4philipp on November 8, 2021 at 11:10 am

Chelsea, if your freezers are full, it’s time for another….freezer.

(Pepper-)Mint and chamomile are my go to teas. No sugar (sweetener) needed. Perhaps a dozen ounces of vodka though. πŸ™‚

Looks like you need a belt sheath for knife, box cutter or garden pruners.

We should make you a amazon wishlist, you know, just as a reminder πŸ˜‰

8. Most Awkward on November 8, 2021 at 11:12 am

She really is an amazing teacher of herbs. And all things wild. ❀️

9. Old Redding Farm on November 8, 2021 at 11:14 am

I love love love all your herbs!!!

10. Catania Momma Italia on November 8, 2021 at 11:14 am

My oregano comes back every year it flowers beautifully.

I have lemon balm growing wild here.

My favorite is basil and I grow it by the bushel full because I make homemade pesto; which is staple at my home.

Parsley is a great herb for digestion/digestive issues.

I also like growing mint, although it can be aggressive after established, it is tricky getting it established.

Edit: I’m in zone 7a

I also grow fennel; which also smells AMAZING!

11. Mary Edmo on November 8, 2021 at 11:19 am

I wonder if the basil is an accidental cross, because I haven’t seen one like that sold anywhere. If they can stabilize it, I bet it would sell like hotcakes. Beautiful!

12. Gloria Bailey on November 8, 2021 at 11:20 am

Just found you channel love what I’ve seen in your garden I grow moringa for my food garden I fo haves few other tea making plants which blend very well with moringa thank for videos

13. Catania Momma Italia on November 8, 2021 at 11:21 am

Do you grow rosemary? It’s sublime on chicken and potatoes!

14. Jennifer M. on November 8, 2021 at 11:23 am

I wish this video came with smell-o-vision πŸ˜‰

15. Sherra Farms on November 8, 2021 at 11:24 am

Thank you! I’ve grown culinary herbs for years but this is the first year I’ve really grown with medicinal in mind as well. There were a few that I didn’t think of and I’m so happy you shared!

16. metamud on November 8, 2021 at 11:24 am

Thank you so much for the video and also for writng out the individual herbs in order of appearance. That helped me a lot!
    I was unable to find the shampoo recipe, so would love to see a video by you our one of yours. I make my own soap and simply use that to wash my hair also, but it’d be interesting to see a shampoo recipe. Stay safe, have fun!

17. Michele Parisio on November 8, 2021 at 11:27 am

Please, please , please wash your herbs, you have cats and they mark their territory by peeing on everything, also rats! Leptospirose killed my dog a fatal desease. xx

18. Jenna Mendoza on November 8, 2021 at 11:27 am

Love it

19. LeisaMarie on November 8, 2021 at 11:28 am

Love that bergamot! We grow it for the bees and after flowering harvest it for our tea

20. Tammie Lewis on November 8, 2021 at 11:28 am

Hope you take us along with you when you make bug spray and body butter.

21. Loraine Leuschke on November 8, 2021 at 11:28 am

Your herbs are lovely. I planted lots of garlic and onion chives. I use chives in eggs, soups, seasonings for meats, salad dressings, broths etc. yummy and no allergies. I love rosemary in chicken and pork recipes so I have several kinds. I use a little basil but not much. I like sage in poultry dishes and some vegetables. I have never prepared foods with lavenders but my grandson is about to graduate from culinary college and he says he will teach me, so I planted some of that. I always have pretty herb flowers when they are going to seed. I put some lovely edible flowers in with the herbs. I like the smell and tastes.

22. Heart for the Homestead on November 8, 2021 at 11:29 am

I dont have instagram so I will have to make due with sporadic youtube postings πŸ™‚

23. Athy Van den Berg on November 8, 2021 at 11:32 am

Hi Chelsea, I joined instagram to get more stuff from you but I don’t get any sound while the microphone is on. Any ideas? Eveline

24. carrie strongman on November 8, 2021 at 11:32 am

do 1st nation people have any herb books out as they used them in eating and healing

25. Sandy's Adventures on November 8, 2021 at 11:33 am

Lots of wonderful herbs you have growing and so pretty. Thanks for sharing!

26. Surinder Sarwara on November 8, 2021 at 11:34 am

Hi Chelsea have you tried holi basil (Indian herb) also know as poor mans medicine
    By the way hope you got my email

27. Weeping Willow on November 8, 2021 at 11:35 am

You mentioned your daughter has scalp issues. What kind of issues besides itching does she have, if you don’t mind sharing? I have seborrheic dermatitis. I get scabs on my scalp and when the scabs fall out, it takes all the hair in that area of my head with it, so I end up small bald patches on my head. I get itchiness sometimes too, but the scabs and sores are more problematic for me. I’m wondering if she has similar issues.

28. Suzy garden on November 8, 2021 at 11:36 am

nice video

29. jo girl on November 8, 2021 at 11:37 am

We really enjoyed the pineapple weed tea! We made it for the first time ever this summer

30. Janice Penner on November 8, 2021 at 11:39 am

Hsppy to have found a fellow Canadian. I am in zone 3 Saskatchewan . love your garden content.

31. Lady Enchantress Garden and Travel on November 8, 2021 at 11:39 am

Is this is the patchouli same as the one in the perfume?.like it’s flowers πŸ™‚

32. Gloria Bailey on November 8, 2021 at 11:41 am

Thank you I’ll be checking it all out I’m sure as I have added your channel to my favorites

33. Txnative7 on November 8, 2021 at 11:42 am

What else do you do with your lemon balm besides shampoo? Here in Texas, I have it coming up all over the herb garden everywhere.

34. Ca Bo on November 8, 2021 at 11:43 am

πŸ’›

35. milda0820 on November 8, 2021 at 11:43 am

πŸ’–

36. Mountainside Farm on November 8, 2021 at 11:44 am

I’ve never thought to grow patchouli!! And I am interested in Rescue Herb!!

37. sajmt1414 on November 8, 2021 at 11:45 am

Great video. Thanks. Can you do a video on how you use herbs to make body butters and saves? This year I planted more herbs. I’m growing many for teas.

38. Victoria Bishop on November 8, 2021 at 11:46 am

Love your channel. This was my first visit and I gathered some new ideas for herbal teas. New subscriber from Mobile, Alabama USA

39. Marie Schieler on November 8, 2021 at 11:46 am

I just found your channel. I have been frowning herbs, mostly in pots for years with no success dehydrating chives. You have a beautiful garden πŸ‘

40. Little Mountain Ranch on November 8, 2021 at 11:46 am

Hi there! I’ve added a list of all the herbs I showed you in the video in the description box above in case you’re interested.
    I hope you have a wonderful day!
    ~Chelsea

41. Dianne B on November 8, 2021 at 11:47 am

Great video. Thanks so much for the update. What is the "rescue" plant? I wasn’t able to find it online. I am also planting many herbs for tea this year – for the first time. I read German Chamomile is the best for tea, but due to Covid, it’s sold out everywhere – even the seeds! Next year I will add it to the tea garden. Thanks for the tip about using borage leaves for tea. I have it but didn’t know I could dry the leaves. I am also drying raspberry leaves for tea. Take care and stay well.

42. Gloria Bailey on November 8, 2021 at 11:49 am

With a horse radish plant I’m not sure but before I grew moringa I bought a lot f horseradish during allergies season it helps me drain sinuses quicker than any drug I could buy over the counter or prescription from doctors I changed to a all organic food diet almost two years ago I’ve never been healthier according to my doctor I’m almost 70 now and finding your channel is so interesting learn more about herbs with how they grow.

43. Wendy K on November 8, 2021 at 11:51 am

Chelsea those Mosquito are big by you! love your herb garden and how fun. I love to go out and harvest my herbs and it has been very fun. I have Excalibur dehydrators as well and one is over 22 years old and the other is 7 years old I love them.

44. Loraine Leuschke on November 8, 2021 at 11:51 am

Just the aroma of horse radish when it is used with meat or anything else, gives me a severe asthma type reaction. I used to eat the little red ones as a child right as they are picked and cleaned. We made a dipping sauce out of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, then I found out they were dangerous for me when my Mom took me to the allergist who found out I had severe allergies causing asthma from 30 or more foods I was eating and almost everything my Mom and her siblings were planting in the yards and flower gardens on the farm. I was allergic to the sprays used on the cotton and soy beans. Oh well!

45. Kimberlee Monroe on November 8, 2021 at 11:53 am

I love She is if the woods I have learned so much from her.

46. Catania Momma Italia on November 8, 2021 at 11:54 am

Taragon smells AMAZING!!!

47. Nanny Georgina Smith on November 8, 2021 at 11:57 am

Great video, loving the herbs, we are growing chives, parsley, sage, 4 kinds of mint; chocolate, apple, spearmint, peppermint, marjoram, lavender. Collecting leaves from Damask roses, for teas and to make food colouring, blackcurrant leaves to make tea β˜•οΈ. Just liking your dehydrator, am toying with the idea of buying one, have been thinking about it for awhile now. It has been so hot here in south of U.K., that I have been drying them in my conservatory on kitchen paper and in less than a day I have managed to successfully achieve my goalπŸ‘πŸ˜ŽπŸπŸπŸ thanks for sharing πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

48. jacki kueker on November 8, 2021 at 12:01 pm

you just gave me the herb and tea fever,thanks,great video

49. Den O. on November 8, 2021 at 12:01 pm

What a treat! Two videos within days of each other! I tried hanging some tarragon to dry in my kitchen. It just wilted. I’m going to try the oven and see if I can get it to the right temp. Thanks for the tips!
    How are you able to ignore all the mosquitoes buzzing around you?! Have you always been able to be that calm around them? I started swatting at them for you! haha As we continue our search for a homestead here in Ontario, I find myself walking the land of prospective properties intentionally trying to get a feel for the mosquito population. (I’m scratching myself just thinking about it.)

50. Joanne Wilson on November 8, 2021 at 12:02 pm

Hi Chelsea, loved the herbs. Your garden is looking magnificent. Hope you all are well, cheers xx