The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

An award-winning, all-star cast, led by Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Maggie Smith and Tom Wilkinson, lights up this vibrant comedy filled with genuine emotion. When seven cash-strapped seniors decide to “outsource” their retirement to a resort in far-off India, friendship and romance blossom in the most unexpected ways. Smart, life-affirming and genuinely charming, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is a “true classic that reminds us that it’s never too late to find love and a fresh beginning at any age” (Rex Reed, The New York Observer).

1. Rainz on November 10, 2021 at 10:41 am

I had a pleasure to meet John Madden in person, in Chicago, where he filed Proof (movie).

2. wishbone panda on November 10, 2021 at 10:43 am

2:03:43

3. Dixie Copeland on November 10, 2021 at 10:45 am

wonderful movie!

4. Somita Bucklew on November 10, 2021 at 10:46 am

What an amazing cast!

5. Angela m on November 10, 2021 at 10:49 am

They have such a good cast for this movie, but Maggie Smith and Bill Nighy are my 2 favorites in this movie.

6. Melissa Thompson on November 10, 2021 at 10:50 am

Cute movie….

7. GetTheGrandFunkOut on November 10, 2021 at 10:51 am

Great film! I’ll be back!

8. Terry Gage on November 10, 2021 at 10:52 am

Wonderful movie!!!!!!

9. Tamela Henricksen on November 10, 2021 at 10:52 am

Fabulous! Senior travels 🥰

10. Ellen Veden on November 10, 2021 at 10:55 am

Loved this and good message🌺

11. Mexican Jesus on November 10, 2021 at 10:56 am

i hope i can see India before i reach that age

12. livinonacloud on November 10, 2021 at 10:57 am

My husband and I went to the theatre to see this when it first came out. We had the whole place to ourselves and we both wondered, "Where is everybody? This movie is amazing!" We had the same experience when we went to see the sequel. Both are wonderful movies, this one especially. It’s so beautifully done!

13. What in the World! DBC on November 10, 2021 at 10:57 am

❤️Beautiful and engaging movie👍👍👍👍👍

14. Jo Ann on November 10, 2021 at 10:59 am

We enjoyed this movie tremendously. Lots of wisdom sprinkled throughout, but not in a preachy way.

15. SomethingBeautiful on November 10, 2021 at 10:59 am

What a good movie. I have been feeling so sick and tired of all the brainless blood
    and gore/sex and drug movies polluting screens. It’s nice to feel good after watching,
    Instead of feeling like I need to take a shower.

16. Cusimi Looking on November 10, 2021 at 11:00 am

I have always enjoyed this movie. It must be my second or third time seeing it. Grandiose, loving and adventurous.

17. Heather McKune on November 10, 2021 at 11:00 am

I watched this movie when it first came out. I fell in love with it. It had to of taken so much courage to go to another country as an senior citizens. I’d love to do what they did but no courage . Totally enjoyed this awesome movie.

18. Mary Bee on November 10, 2021 at 11:07 am

I’M SO GLAD I DECIDE TO WATCH THIS MOVIE TODAY I LOVE MAGGIE SMITH ITS SUCH A WONDERFUL MOVIE I’LL PROBABLY SEE IT AGAIN ❤🦋🦋🦋🌻🌻🌻🐝

19. Nancy Keith Remling on November 10, 2021 at 11:07 am

Isn’t it awful to find you’re an ordinary person not suited for ordinary life…

20. Rachel Olson on November 10, 2021 at 11:07 am

Very enjoyable 👏👏

21. David Brown on November 10, 2021 at 11:08 am

Wow I was watching video on Marky Marky and this movie just came out of left field but I’m so grateful 😀😀😀👍👍👍👍

22. Rene Horne on November 10, 2021 at 11:09 am

I truly liked this movie. It’s rare that they show older characters in a movie together. It was a movie that seniors could relate to and enjoy. Thanks!

23. Jenny Montague on November 10, 2021 at 11:10 am

Wonderful movie; so worth watching again. It always leaves with hope!

24. ROR on November 10, 2021 at 11:12 am

I loved it!

25. Mo Murphy on November 10, 2021 at 11:12 am

Absolutely loved it ❤

26. JME Stitch on November 10, 2021 at 11:13 am

I saw this movie years ago and still think about it! So glad to have stumbled across it here!!!

27. Rachel Stone on November 10, 2021 at 11:17 am

🎈🤩ALL Star Cast Extraordinary movie. Love Sony Girl.🎈🎁

28. See Vic on November 10, 2021 at 11:17 am

Jaipur is really, really beautiful. The movie fixated on showing the crazy crowds, cheap public transportation (we have modern air-conditioned buses as well), dilapidated building(s), "untouchable" servants, and beggar kids, and the Brits love to portray just that and glorify it. But what you were shown was a fraction of what it is. They didn’t show the gorgeous, ancient architecture, the peaceful gardens, the beautifully carved temples, thousands of years old, and the fact that Jaipur is such a tourist hotspot that you will find foods that people of other cultures like very easily. I don’t know when this movie came out, but the Jaipur I’ve seen is nothing like what was shown in the movie. It is clean with buildings that are a lovely blend of old architecture and modern plumbing, exotic carvings illumined with electric bulbs. Honestly, the rickety "hotel" they showed, no middle class Indian would stay in it for even a day!
    Regarding the "Untouchables" or the "Dalit" community….. They are found ruling every strata of Indian society, and a big chunk of our ministers are from that community. So many government subsidies are allocated to them that many communities have applied for the "Dalit" status 😄 The "Untouchable" stigma, in fact the entire "caste system", was the brainchild of the Brits, that set in motion Britain’s divide and rule policy in India, to break the fabric of the existing society at the time. There is no mention of such a system (or even the concept of untouchable) in the entire library of Sanatan Dharma (Hindu) scriptures. This whole "caste system" gas been a British creation all along that they’ve saddled Indian with. Propaganda sells. And this is the fake news of all fake news! Feel free to do your own research if you don’t trust what I’m telling ya! 😊

29. teresa chavez on November 10, 2021 at 11:22 am

Cute story.

30. Patti L on November 10, 2021 at 11:23 am

Love this movie watch the sequel!! It’s really good also! ❤️🙏❤️🙏👋😁

31. bryant l roeback on November 10, 2021 at 11:24 am

THIS IS A GREAT MOVIE SHOWING THAT SENIOR CITIZENS STILL NEED RESPECT, LOVE AND ATTENTION AS THEY DID AS BEING YOUNG. LIFE HAS SHOWN THEM SO MANY DISAPPOINTMENTS. IN THEIR OLD AGE THEY SHOULD BE REASSURED SECURITY AND THE BEST AFTER RETIRING. UNFORTUNATELY THIS IS NOT THE WAY OF THE WORLD. WE PUT THEM IN A LONELY PLACE AND IGNORE THE FACT THAT THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS TO SOCIETY ARE THE REASON TODAY’S SOCIETY STILL EXISTS.

32. Charlotte Dog on November 10, 2021 at 11:24 am

A wonderful reminder that there is still life to be had at any age. I pray I never forget that and always look outside myself so that I can see it and appreciate it.

I am single and have only one child and though he is kind and he and his wife are my friends I try not smother them with my presence. By nature I am not outgoing or usually the type to join things but I know they pity me if they think I’m setting at home too much. So I’ve learned you don’t have to be outgoing or one to jump right in to develop friendships and to become needed and involved. You just have to show up places and stand there like the same wallflower you were when you were twelve and like my mom told me back then it is just as true now. Everyone will be as nervous as you. Just smile and be yourself and you’ll make friends. And I have. And anyone can if you just show up, smile, and be yourself.

33. Brenda C on November 10, 2021 at 11:24 am

Looks to me like 75% European blood. That’s white enough to explain where the bad blood came from!

34. William Bromley on November 10, 2021 at 11:24 am

Should be required viewing by al seniors…👏🏻👍

35. 5 Bags of Popcorn on November 10, 2021 at 11:25 am

Every Ex-Pat can relate 12:56 😪

36. susan howie on November 10, 2021 at 11:25 am

What a beautiful movie!!!

37. Michael Mouse on November 10, 2021 at 11:28 am

… great movie with an equally great cast

38. Sue Zen on November 10, 2021 at 11:28 am

Wonderful wonderful! Watch it !!

39. Kay Wallace on November 10, 2021 at 11:29 am

Lovely movie with excellent actors.

40. Cathlyn Pollom on November 10, 2021 at 11:29 am

Well I really wonder who does have the life they thought they would. But I do hope that there are those who can honestly say that they’ve been happy. Can my life of disappointment and sickness turn into hope that I can have a few good years?

41. Another Cheryl Adventure on November 10, 2021 at 11:35 am

Lovely I want to cry❤️👍🇺🇸

42. Selah on November 10, 2021 at 11:35 am

Thank you, YouTube!!! May we see the sequel, too? I hope so!!!

43. jan kovac on November 10, 2021 at 11:35 am

One of my absolute favorites

44. 13699111 on November 10, 2021 at 11:37 am

Thank you for posting this movie at my age this sadly reflects my life living in America today.

45. Connie Miller on November 10, 2021 at 11:37 am

I absolutely love this movie!!

46. Emma Grove on November 10, 2021 at 11:37 am

Delightful. Truly delightful.

47. Marcy Nadler on November 10, 2021 at 11:38 am

Never underestimate the power of the mind.

48. Scott Mintz on November 10, 2021 at 11:39 am

The second film of this franchise was almost as good as the first film. This film was so incredible. I bought both movie DVDs.