MY FIRST CUT FLOWER GARDEN: Flower Suggestions and Tips for a SUCCESSFUL First Cut Flower Garden

Join this channel to get access to perks:

#Gardening #Flowers #GrowingFlowers

Learning to grow flowers is fun. I hope that you enjoy this video talking about some of my favorite easy to grow flowers for beginners.

Grab our FREE GARDEN PLANNER:

FREE GARDEN PLANNER – Cut Flower Gardening

FRESHCUTKY BLOG:

Welcome

I support this channel by selling handmade soaps and wax melts. For each new box subscription, I donate flowers to local nursing homes. Please consider supporting our subscription box –

FRESHCUTKY SUBSCRIPTION BOX:

VISIT OUR AMAZON AFFILIATE GARDEN STOREFRONT:

Iโ€™m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

GET THE FREE GARDEN EBOOK HERE:

^^ By giving me your e-mail for the ebook, you’re also subscribing to my mailing list. I might send a newsletter every once and awhile. I won’t give it to anyone else, and you can unsubscribe anytime. Thanks!

SUPPORT ME ON PATREON!

HAVE QUESTIONS? JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP!

Find “@freshcutky” other places:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/freshcutky
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/freshcutky
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/freshcutky

Want to work with us? Send an e-mail to freshcutky@gmail.com

Thanks for visiting the Freshcutky organic gardening channel. In the garden, I will answer some of the most common “gardening for beginners” type questions I get, including growing flowers from seed. Growing greens, growing flowers, and planting beautiful organic food is something I’m really passionate about. Thank you for joining me as I learn to grow flowers, cut flowers, vegetables, and much more. Freshcutky youtube channel and related media are for entertainment purposes only.

Many ornamental flowers and cut flowers are TOXIC. ALWAYS do your own research and take responsibility for the plants that you introduce around your kids, pets, and everyone else. Use common sense when handling plant materials: wear gloves, always wash hands, avoid contact with face, etc. NEVER consume any plant which has not been positively identified with complete certainty to be safe and edible. Before planting anything, research to determine whether specific flowers are considered invasive where you live or if there are laws that apply to their planting in your area.

————————

What is “@freshcutky”?

@freshcutky documents the pursuit of my goal of one day owning my own cut flower farm. Along the way, you’ll see random projects, cooking, and of course – growing stuff. I’m not an expert, and would never claim to be. There’s always more to learn – this is my journey. The purpose of my blog, and other social media accounts (including YouTube) is to share ideas. I do my best to offer information that is useful, but reliance on that information is strictly at your own risk and NOT a substitute for professional advice of any kind. I do not create sponsored content or use affiliate links unless they have been explicitly stated above.

1. john smith on November 11, 2021 at 10:52 am

Your garden is beautiful, your channel is great. Thanks for sharing all your growing knowledge. I’m a beginner and this is very helpful.

2. Hobbit Lady on November 11, 2021 at 10:52 am

another great video ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Giftedhands.gardening on November 11, 2021 at 10:52 am

So pretty! I can’t wait for this summer’s flower gardening. I love zinnias.

4. Alex Joshi The Gamer on November 11, 2021 at 10:52 am

Great information!

5. Candace Elder on November 11, 2021 at 10:56 am

Would you mind telling me how far apart you plant your zinnias, Snapdragons, Cosmos, & celosia?

6. Cynthia Parrish on November 11, 2021 at 10:56 am

How close do you sow your zinnias? Iโ€™m I. Georgia 7B and itโ€™s so hot and humid. I donโ€™t want to grow them so close that they donโ€™t get good air flow. Thank you for sharing all your knowledge of flowers. Iโ€™m learning a lot. This is my first growing season -Moonshadow Flower FarmโœŒ๏ธโค๏ธ

7. Sheryl Smith on November 11, 2021 at 11:00 am

Wonderful video, thank you for sharing your knowledge.

8. Brianna D'Amico on November 11, 2021 at 11:01 am

Thank you for these first cut flower garden videos โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’–

9. Holly Lisa on November 11, 2021 at 11:04 am

I’m in Atlanta and I grew my first flowers 2 years ago. zinnia and cosmos were insanely easy to grow, I didn’t really know what I was doing and they looked amazing. This year I’m growing profusion zinnias. Next year I’m going to try bulbs, there’s just seemed advanced

10. Michelle Snodderly on November 11, 2021 at 11:06 am

Thank you for your video! It was super informative. My husband and I are avid gardeners and have several gardens on our property…woodland garden, pond garden, perennial garden and vegetables. This year we are designing a cut flower garden. We don’t have a greenhouse or planting lights…so I am going to try my hand at planting the seeds directly in the soil. We live in PA and are zone 6. I realize that our bloom time will be later due to this…any tips would be appreciated.

11. Anna Che on November 11, 2021 at 11:08 am

Any suggestions for colder wet summers? Basil and celosia dont grow at all at where i am.

12. Sue Krebs on November 11, 2021 at 11:08 am

Another snowy day in Wisconsin so seeing colorful garden flowers is a special treat. 22 winter sowing jugs under the snow so far. So much to look forward to in the garden this spring and summer. Thanks for another enjoyable video!

13. Beatriz Garcia on November 11, 2021 at 11:09 am

Linda y bendecida noche

14. Cloudberry Flowers - Flower Farm and Garden on November 11, 2021 at 11:10 am

Really enjoyed your video. Loving those double delight sunflowers. I am looking forward to growing more sunflowers this year. Zinnias I just havenโ€™t managed to grow here in Scotland outdoors. I would love to though as they are a fantastic cut flower!

15. Boomer's Outdoors on November 11, 2021 at 11:10 am

Great info and encouragement!

16. Karen Schwartz on November 11, 2021 at 11:12 am

Great info! Thanks

17. Emiline Trudeau on November 11, 2021 at 11:12 am

Hey so I have watched your videos on having cut flowers in your landscape and I am thinking of doing something similar. My question is how do you take care of the ground your growing annuals in? Do you till? Do you just throw compost down in the small areas before you plant every time and just break up the ground with a shovel?

18. Natalya Dubinina on November 11, 2021 at 11:13 am

I absolutely love how you take pictures of your beautiful flowers. If I ever start a flower magazine, I would love to put your work on the cover And promote your work !

19. Nicole Gardens on November 11, 2021 at 11:13 am

Getting my first small cut flower garden ready to go, mostly using the winter sowing method since I have limited space inside – Cosmos, Cleome, and Asters into soda bottles this afternoon! Also love the new thumbnails for your videos, really catches your eye when scrolling.

20. mama.k_eda on November 11, 2021 at 11:13 am

I wish my garden weeds wildflower

21. Garden Things-Jill on November 11, 2021 at 11:15 am

So how do you get the pests off your flowers in order to deliver them?

22. Delightful Souvenirs on November 11, 2021 at 11:17 am

Great information here. All your flowers are looking gorgeous.

23. Judy Middleswart on November 11, 2021 at 11:19 am

I love how you explain things!!

24. Cheri Green on November 11, 2021 at 11:19 am

I love your garden tips and your videos just keep getting better! Great job!

25. MW on November 11, 2021 at 11:20 am

Sowing zinnias & this was helpful today! ๐Ÿ’—๐ŸŒธ

26. IveGotIssues YouveGotEmToo on November 11, 2021 at 11:21 am

Yours were some of the first videos I watched when I first started gardening two years ago. I started simple like you suggested and have branched out to lots of different things and currently focus on native plants. I still love and appreciate your videos! Thank you for sharing your knowledge!!

27. FitGardenMom on November 11, 2021 at 11:23 am

I always buy more zinnia seeds after watching your videos! Thank you for the info! Im growing so much more this year than last and sharing it on my channel as well ๐Ÿ™‚

28. Aura Sagbay on November 11, 2021 at 11:24 am

Did I miss which seeds to direct sowed??? I donโ€™t have enough room and light in my cottage to grow strong enough seedlings ๐Ÿ˜”

29. Bayou Lawn Specialist on November 11, 2021 at 11:24 am

Your channel is awesome. Keep the zinnia advice coming. Experimenting with growing them in a large new greenhouse for the first time.

30. Nikki B on November 11, 2021 at 11:26 am

What part of Ky?

31. Andyourlittledog on November 11, 2021 at 11:28 am

Who else has unrealistic expectations about how many flowers we can cram into our garden๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

32. dc0145a on November 11, 2021 at 11:28 am

Looking out at snow -2F. LOVED watching this video.

33. FRESHCUTKY - Cut Flower Farm Garden Answers ๐ŸŒฑ on November 11, 2021 at 11:28 am

I can’t believe I forgot to mention marigolds! Another flower that’s super easy to direct sow and use for cut flowers! Thank you so much for watching. You are so, so appreciated.

34. Bren Haas on November 11, 2021 at 11:29 am

I am excited to grow some new flowers this year… growing dahlias and zinnias and more sunflowers!!!

35. Edwin Martin on November 11, 2021 at 11:30 am

Is it always true that the red-pink-white cosmos variety is rarely more than 50% germination? In my experience over last several years is that the yellow-orange variety of cosmos is the fastest, (or worst depending on your view) reseeder in the world! Zinnia and cosmos seeds are kinda similar in size but never get good germ on the pink cosmos while zinnias and yellow-orange cosmos are 90%+ germ.

36. Beatriz Garcia on November 11, 2021 at 11:30 am

Que hermoso vivero ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ€โ˜˜๏ธ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒท gracias por compartir.

37. rebecca Barnett on November 11, 2021 at 11:31 am

๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐ŸŒพ๐Ÿต๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป

38. Heirloom Heather on November 11, 2021 at 11:32 am

What a great video! ๐Ÿ™‚ All of these are on my list for 2021 along with so many others

39. MS Maddox on November 11, 2021 at 11:34 am

I had no idea amaranths got that tall! They are striking for sure! So glad you made an appearance in this video! ๐Ÿค—

40. Hobbit Lady on November 11, 2021 at 11:34 am

Um also…YOUR GARDEN IS GORGEOUS!

41. R V on November 11, 2021 at 11:34 am

Thank you for another informative video, I hope to work up the nerve to try ranunculas, they intimidate me.

42. Sharon George on November 11, 2021 at 11:37 am

Thanks!! What zinnia is at 1:30? Itโ€™s to die for!!!

43. S Piro on November 11, 2021 at 11:37 am

Idk my zone. Iโ€™m a beginner. Itโ€™s cold here. Alway been told by my old timers to never plant before the first full moon in June. Frost usually comes around mid September to ward the end more so but we do get 23/24 hrs of sun light in June and lots in July. I want to plant Gladiolas (my all time fav) any hints?? Please!!!!

44. Roisin Dubh on November 11, 2021 at 11:38 am

Realistic expectations? These words are unfamiliar to me. ๐Ÿ˜€ I want ALL the pretty flowers. This year will be my second year growing cut flowers for my own enjoyment. I end up giving them away since I cannot bring them inside my house. Why you ask? Because cats. My cats are jerks and destroy my pretty flowers. ๐Ÿ˜บ

45. Karen Schwartz on November 11, 2021 at 11:41 am

Thank you so much for your videos.

46. tegoblue on November 11, 2021 at 11:43 am

I think those orange cosmos are actually a type of marigold. I like them for flower crowns.

47. Nancy Krehbiel on November 11, 2021 at 11:44 am

I fell in love with basil last year–so glad you included it! I am growing around 10 varieties of it this year!

48. The Hobby Home Nicole on November 11, 2021 at 11:45 am

So fun to see you in this video!! ๐Ÿ˜„

49. M K on November 11, 2021 at 11:45 am

Thanks for the helpful information and beautiful pictures.

50. Dorothy Baker on November 11, 2021 at 11:46 am