6 Hardscape Ideas to Beautify your Garden using Natural Stone

6 Hardscape Ideas to Beautify your Garden using Natural Stone

Hardscape, or hard landscaping, is often considered the “bones” of the garden. Good hardscape is not only functional, it can add charm and beauty to any garden. In this video, Rosanne shares six ways she and her husband have used natural stone hardscaping, installed over the course of 20 years, to elevate the design of their garden.

Join Rosanne as she shows you how she and her husband integrate natural stone with living greenery in their garden with:
1) Garden Paths
2) Entertainment Area
3) Terraced Beds
4) Border Edging
5) Small and Unique Features
6) Stone Art

1. Sahara on November 17, 2021 at 11:24 am

Please give us a indoor home tour one day….🙂

2. Sharon F. Corey on November 17, 2021 at 11:27 am

So good to see a new Rosanne’s Garden video. I adore your landscaping and your husband’s hardscaping. I also love hearing all the songbirds in the background. I have not gained any new bunnies lately. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I hope you and your husband have a nice, relaxing and very Happy Thanksgiving.

3. Marilyn Gandy on November 17, 2021 at 11:29 am

Rosanne I absolutely drop everything when I see your videos. I have always loved your gardens and stone work. Thanks for sharing your new editions.

4. Lana Bisson on November 17, 2021 at 11:30 am

Your style and my style is so similar. Every detail you have would blend perfectly in my yard. I love this tour. We have a lot of stone pathways but there is always room for improvement. I wonder if that moss will grow in western ky zone 7a

5. Carla Radke on November 17, 2021 at 11:35 am

I love that turtle.

6. Gardening Grandma on November 17, 2021 at 11:36 am

Your stepping stones are wonderful! We installed 5 large "pink" flagstones which looked pretty at the time, but get very dirty and stained. Any suggestions for cleaning stepping stones?

7. P. C. on November 17, 2021 at 11:37 am

Beauty and function, what a lovely garden!

8. Gina Friend on November 17, 2021 at 11:38 am

You lovely people, you 🙌 … a Living fairytale you are fortunate to share with one another! I’ve seen nothing finer. Curved paths are always the way to go. Thank you, great seeing you both, and wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving and continued success. Blessings!💜!

9. Debbie F on November 17, 2021 at 11:44 am

Your yard is so pretty and inspiring and your husband is a true artist with stone. Thank you for sharing.

10. Nhu Mai on November 17, 2021 at 11:45 am

Wow, so cool and cute and creative garden!!!

11. 1955missellie on November 17, 2021 at 11:46 am

Absolutely love your gardens and stone work. So much beauty and inspiration going on!

12. Lavonda Carter on November 17, 2021 at 11:50 am

Absolutely love your garden, you and your husband, both did a fantastic job .

13. Linda M. on November 17, 2021 at 11:50 am

Absolutely gorgeous! ❤ 🌷🌱❤🌸🌳❤🌹🌲❤🌺🌿❤🌻🍃🌼❤

14. A Wild Approach on November 17, 2021 at 11:51 am

Your garden is so inviting and spectacular. Thanks for sharing it with us.🙂🌿🌲

15. Mei Chen on November 17, 2021 at 11:51 am

Looking forward to your video and learned a lot from you!

16. Gail McCallister on November 17, 2021 at 11:54 am

Absolutely a work of art! Your landscaping is magazine worthy or perhaps in a fairytale book!!!

17. Cheri May on November 17, 2021 at 11:54 am

Beautiful!

18. Gie Ell on November 17, 2021 at 12:00 pm

hi mrs. rosanne, im from PHILIPPINES! i really really love to watch your video about your garden yard, it such a beautiful like the garden on fairytale, verry verry beautiful 😍😍😍 your husband is verry good for landscaping, i am also a garden lover too! ❣️❣️❣️ stay healthy to both of you ❣️❣️❣️

19. Belinda Aiken on November 17, 2021 at 12:00 pm

Beautiful

20. Marie Townsend on November 17, 2021 at 12:01 pm

I read what other have written and I couldn’t agree more. You both are a talent and please post again. Wonderful holidays and good health to both of you and your family.

21. Heather W. on November 17, 2021 at 12:01 pm

That turtle is the coolest! I love your garden. It’s absolutely magical! Thanks for another great video!

22. Kristiina Nilabut on November 17, 2021 at 12:02 pm

Beautiful 🍁

23. Bea Demel on November 17, 2021 at 12:02 pm

So pretty and inspiring, love your garden!

24. gajdacs1 on November 17, 2021 at 12:05 pm

I love your theme-based videos. Your garden is truly enchanted. I get a lot of inspiration from watching and rewatching these gems.

25. Cindy Jensen on November 17, 2021 at 12:09 pm

Stunning! You and your husband are amazing artists.

26. Ryan Harvey on November 17, 2021 at 12:12 pm

You have some really great design ideas! After seeing your video with a clematis climbing near your front door, I added clematis onto the drain pipes this spring and it’s fantastic! Thanks for the idea!

27. frugalcat on November 17, 2021 at 12:12 pm

You two make a dream team — you created a lovely garden.

28. tineke joldersma on November 17, 2021 at 12:14 pm

Isn’t it wonderful your husband is so involved in your gardens? I live in a country mostly below sea level, flat as a pancake. Luckily I live deep in the country on the hills and in a river valley. A bit level is there, but as much as your garden would be a dream. My biggest difference is 80cm XD Isn’t it funny we both would love the opposite? As for natural stone, we don’t have any. Incredible expensive to get, brought from far away countries, we m(f)ake them of concrete. Not as strong though. And not as beautiful. You gotta do with what you have. I enjoyed your video again, Rosanne. Thanks.

29. Judy McKerrow on November 17, 2021 at 12:14 pm

Your garden is stunning 🌺💚🙃

30. Holly Lisa on November 17, 2021 at 12:15 pm

Your husband is very talented

31. jerome gagnon on November 17, 2021 at 12:17 pm

That bench!!!!!!! To die for!

32. Connie K on November 17, 2021 at 12:17 pm

You have a very beautiful garden. Especially loved the turtle and the story behind it. Also, the stone sofa is amazing.

33. Mary Egerton on November 17, 2021 at 12:18 pm

Hi Rosanne. I love the stone sofa. It’s absolutely stunning. I am in love with all of your paths and trails. I have a path that I started making with wood chips that I acquired when I had some trees cut down and chipped. I am about one third of the way finished, and I think I am going to plant some bushes and flowers along the sides of it. It’s too cold to go out there now, everything is frozen, so it’s time to dream and plan and figure out what plants I will put in. I will definitely use your videos for reference. Thanks for another interesting and beautiful video. 💚🌹🌷

34. Marcia W on November 17, 2021 at 12:18 pm

Absolutely beautiful!! Thank you for sharing.

35. Carolyn Clark on November 17, 2021 at 12:20 pm

Lovely, thanks for sharing.

36. 18 Bees on November 17, 2021 at 12:20 pm

natural stone and moss…….❤️

37. Asian Angie on November 17, 2021 at 12:21 pm

I had to stop what I was doing when I saw you had posted a new video! I’m so glad you did this because hardscape is one of my favorite things about your garden. My husband plans to retire next may and I hope to convince him to do a little flagstone area and walkway. If ours turn out half as nice as yours, I will be so happy!

38. Walentina Romana Sacconi on November 17, 2021 at 12:21 pm

❤

39. DEE CHIODO on November 17, 2021 at 12:21 pm

Dont know of a more beautifully landscaped property!! Just breathtaking!

40. Tammy Winter on November 17, 2021 at 12:22 pm

Your husband is quite the king of stone, it looks fantastic, your place looks like an enchanted story book, I love it, if I lived closer I’d want a tour…very beautiful…Where did you find the big fat bunny holding the bunch of carrots?