Tips and Tricks for Fertilizing Your Vegetable Garden

Tips and Tricks for Fertilizing Your Vegetable Garden

On this week’s Row by Row Garden Show, we talk about fertilizers for your vegetable garden — what kinds to use, how much and how to apply them.
TUBTRUGS – https://bit.ly/3dVDl24
20-20-20 GARDEN FERTILIZER – https://bit.ly/2ydDO0q
FISH AND GUANO FERTILIZER – https://bit.ly/2ZkwOKy
EZ-FLO FERTILIZER – https://bit.ly/2TkAZSx
HOSS GARDEN SPRAYER – https://bit.ly/2LDxFhc

#hosstools
#growyourownfood
#fertilizingvegetables
#vegetablegarden

Check out our other pages:
Website – https://bit.ly/2LHz4Dw
Facebook – https://facebook.com/hosstools
Instagram – https://instagram.com/hossgardentools
Twitter – https://twitter.com/toolshoss

1. Heather D on November 17, 2021 at 11:04 am

I took a soil sample of my garden and brought it in to be tested . Last fall I fertilized with pen manure from dairy heifers.

My ph is 7.80 , phosphorus 148.84 ppm, potassium 574.00 ppm and magnesium is 215.00 ppm. My guess is I’m all set for the year and won’t need to fertilize 😂

2. Hunter Hunter on November 17, 2021 at 11:06 am

I’m not sure but ,if anyone else trying to find out how do you fertilize vegetables in pots? try Proutklarton Organic Tips Plan (just google it )?

It is an awesome one off guide for learning how to grow fresh organic food using the secrets of aquaponics minus the normal expense. Ive heard some super things about it and my co-worker got amazing success with it.

3. Trivit30 on November 17, 2021 at 11:11 am

Have you ever seen 100-100-100? Instead of 20-20-20 or 10-10-10?

4. Raleigh Sistrunk on November 17, 2021 at 11:14 am

Greg and Travis, I love your show!! I live in Lake City, Fl so you are close enough to me that everything you say is relevant to my garden. I love Travis’ wit and Greg’s fatherly advice. I have one request. Could you start numbering your episodes or put a date stamp so I can keep up with dates and details.. thanks

5. Ogtck Ogctk on November 17, 2021 at 11:15 am

Why did our parents stop fishing and gardening this is what our kids should be actually learning. Not this ABC 123. ENGLISH CRAP. MAJORITY of all English words are spelt the same but pronounced differently etc. Gardening will teach our children about surviving and learning how to be self independent etc

6. Clay Anselmo on November 17, 2021 at 11:21 am

Hi Guys. Been watching all your videos lately and really appreciate all the tips. This video was especially helpful. Ordered the 202020 and the injector from your website. I’ll keep you posted. One quick question…. For the injector, do you leave it in line all the time and just put fertilizer in it periodically?

7. James Alan on November 17, 2021 at 11:21 am

I love how he hugs that miracle grow top effort fellas cheers

8. Johnny LaMuelo on November 17, 2021 at 11:24 am

Thàt fertilizer is it really "complete" is it just NPK or does it have other trace minerals? Would a better word to describe the fertilizer be "balanced fertilizer.

9. Tani Cangkruk on November 17, 2021 at 11:25 am

Amazing for methode fertilizer… Come to my cahnnel also…

10. Sharon Morton on November 17, 2021 at 11:28 am

19:00 THANKS!

11. Charmaine Montgomery on November 17, 2021 at 11:30 am

I’ve been growing corn for over 30 years in a small backyard garden. I didn’t know the tassels pollinated the silk. Thank you for explaining that 😃

12. Mike Henderson on November 17, 2021 at 11:32 am

Got a Question ? How did yall’s Blue Belle Taters turn out this year. Was thinking about planting some next season. Is Irish eye’s a good scource to buy from, if not who. I live around Waycross ga.

13. Chris on November 17, 2021 at 11:35 am

$120 AUS for delivery and about $70 for product. yikes. hate being at the ass end of the world. mind you, we dont have dumbasses running around with guns, pretending to be soldiers.

14. Mary Coffey on November 17, 2021 at 11:36 am

What are the best tomato plants to buy?

15. CindyLouWho on November 17, 2021 at 11:38 am

So do you not use a granular fertilizer when planting the plant originally??

16. City Lot Gardening on November 17, 2021 at 11:40 am

I take the spines out of my beet leaves and saute them up with garlic , onions , and bacon don’t get much better then that 👍

17. Sarah Pearce on November 17, 2021 at 11:41 am

Extremely helpful! Thanks for showing the sprayer measurements for my smaller garden.

18. Tom Mathews on November 17, 2021 at 11:42 am

Good segment guys! Amen, Greg, "you’ll make a better garden in dry years than in wet years!" That’s counter intuitive to some folks, but I’m with you 100%, especially here in the deep south with our humidity. I can always "add" water, I can’t take it away! Fungal pressure can ruin you!

19. Beth Mitchell on November 17, 2021 at 11:42 am

How would you figure the amount of the granule fertilizer per plant and how often? Thank you so much guys

20. Kathy Roberts on November 17, 2021 at 11:42 am

My plot is so small I can’t rotate but I do change my dirt for every plant.

21. Harvey Rouse JR. on November 17, 2021 at 11:47 am

Those are some great looking Hoss caps. Sure would be nice if you would include a cap with some of the larger purchases. I hate paying for an item which is designed to advertise for the product I just dropped several hundred dollars to purchase. I observed they were Richardson caps. Are they made in this great USA?

22. The Woodsman School and Guide Service on November 17, 2021 at 11:49 am

So by "Small Garden", i have a 36′ x 36′ plot where most of my garden will be (all my plants with exception of corn and im in 5A), and then i have a roughly 16′ x 28-30′ plot for my corn, and i will be using a sprayer for now until i get some drip. Just ordered chilean nitrate, micro boost and 20 20 20 from you all. Should i just be mixing the 20 20 20 (1 cup for my 1 1/2 gl sprayer) in my sprayer for the tomatoes, peppers and corn and do that once a week? Or what do you recommend i do? Because of the short growing season here, i am growing everything up front, i mean everything! and then i may succession plant a few things during the summer, and then have a fall crop of your typical brassicas as well. Cheers

23. Kary Hartmann on November 17, 2021 at 11:50 am

how to use this if your not injecting it into water system, like mixing it in a bucket and hand feeding directly to plants, how much would you use

24. American Soil on November 17, 2021 at 11:50 am

Thanks for the video
    Best fertilizer for 2020

25. Chris on November 17, 2021 at 11:51 am

Would be nice to have a calculator for how much fertilizer to use in the inector or siphon, based on own area. I could code one up or you guys could get it done. Enter square feet or metres and out comes the amount to use for Hoss tools tank or 20 litre bucket for siphon. Cheers

26. Buckemall on November 17, 2021 at 11:57 am

I’m Building a garden at a school where I teach at and for several months, the harvest wasn’t plentiful. I’ve recently done a soil test for the garden, which is 100 x 50. I think I put too much fertilizer into the garden. How do I fix it?

27. Jason Woodruff on November 17, 2021 at 12:00 pm

BOOM!!! Done made the big time! Hoss fellas answered my question on Row by Row. Thanks guys.

28. Mike Henderson on November 17, 2021 at 12:01 pm

You are right about the fungus problems do to all the rain. Started spraying a few days ago, do to some of my watermelons getting spongy right at the base of the stem.

29. Gerbera Daisy on November 17, 2021 at 12:02 pm

What if I have a decent sized raised bed with tomatos… how much should I use? I’m afraid to burn my plants!!

30. Harvey Rouse JR. on November 17, 2021 at 12:03 pm

Local agricultural extension offices will send soil samples taken from the garden to the state agronomy lab for analysis. Some times the Ph can be other than neutral and cause the trace minerals to be unavailable to the plants, although plentiful in the soil composition. This can be done for a nominal fee.

31. Eric on November 17, 2021 at 12:03 pm

I had a big issue with vine bores last year. Destroyed my pumpkins and summer squash. I would like to get ahead of it this year. (Central North Carolnina). I put some paper cups around some of them this year as i planted them but am worried that it might just make it more difficult for me to identify the issue instead of prevent it. Any trips or tricks for prevention? Really enjoying the show.