DIY Yardistry 12X14 Gazebo Installation Time-lapse

DIY Yardistry 12X14 Gazebo Installation Time-lapse

Check out our other video: Yardistry Gazebo Privacy Wall

🔴 SUBSCRIBE to our New DIY Channel

Are you thinking about buying the Yardistry 12X14 Gazebo from Costco? Here is a perfect video to help you understand what goes into the installation of the Yardistry 12×14 Gazebo from Costco. I try to show all the major step in a time-lapse format. We built the Yardistry 12X14 Gazebo with 2 adults and a 13yr old who held up a 10ft 2×4. Check out our Yardistry Gazebo 12×14 installation time-lapse video and let us know what you think about it in the comments below.

There will be more videos to follow where I will break down the steps and talk about some helpful hits. Subscribe to stay updated about all this.

Affiliate Disclosure:
DIYProjectGuys/PlantBasedDads is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com (http://amazon.com/​) and affiliated sites.

https://amzn.to/32y0lke Ryobi 18V 16 guage Airstrike cordless nailer

#Diyprojectguys
#costco

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/plantbaseddads
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/plantbaseddads
Twitter: https://twitter.com/plantbaseddads

Who are we:
Joey is a vegetarian of 12 years that has made the conversion to Vegan in June of 2018

We are on a journey of health for ourselves and our family, and we hope to use this channel to keep ourselves accountable, teach others how to cook and prepare great plant based meals and come up with some great kids meals for our son too. Come and join us.

Lexx’s gaming YouTube channel:

1. Alex Jimenez on November 21, 2021 at 12:09 pm

DID THE WOOD CRACK WITH SUN? IF DOES ANY SOLUTION. THANKS

2. Danelle on November 21, 2021 at 12:10 pm

I’ve searched and looked at a lot of videos for an idea of how this will go…IMO yours is the best thank you so much for making this video …very helpful 👍🏼

3. Guitar Gear Garage on November 21, 2021 at 12:11 pm

I have one these but what worry me most is laying the groundwork. Beyond the location where we want put it is a hill and we live in mountains with snow in winter so although we want concrete pad we also want to pour a three foot concrete form to use Simpson Ties, ect. How did you tie in the posts to the concrete pad? Thanks it’s great seeing your video it gives us confidence!

4. Plantiful Vegan on November 21, 2021 at 12:11 pm

Where is the hot tub? Looks great!

5. Robert Smith on November 21, 2021 at 12:14 pm

I have the 10×12 version but haven’t erected it yet. How did you attach it to your concrete pad?

6. Soundz on November 21, 2021 at 12:14 pm

Was the top of your roof panels flush? If i line up the holes theres like a quarter inch gap on mine 🤨

7. ZER0o10 on November 21, 2021 at 12:15 pm

Nice buid! Question does it make a lot of noise when it rains? Being a metal roof? Thanns

8. Rafal7748 on November 21, 2021 at 12:17 pm

Just like your gazebo, mine is few inches away from the house. How did you install the 2 ridge caps on the side of your house? Thanks!

9. Frank Y on November 21, 2021 at 12:18 pm

great video! just wondering if anchoring this gazebo on patio is necessary. Thanks!

10. scott sizmur on November 21, 2021 at 12:19 pm

Nicely done! Looks amazing! I just bought the same gazebo and was curious on the total hours spent assembling it? How many people would you recommend helping to assemble it as well? Thanks!

11. Irma Gonzalez on November 21, 2021 at 12:21 pm

hello guys great job where can i order this same one

12. Nate G on November 21, 2021 at 12:23 pm

this is a great looking Gazebo. i want to buy one but i figured it can be a great weekend project to build this myself from scratch. Lumber is expensive these days but i figured it would cost me at least half or less than half of the $2000+ they are charging for these

13. Joshua Carter on November 21, 2021 at 12:23 pm

I bet you get a lot of water flowing into your door from that gazebo

14. rey anc on November 21, 2021 at 12:24 pm

How long is the pole you use to hold up the initial roof panel? I just purchased one and i dont have the man power to install with 4 people.

15. Tom Wilkins on November 21, 2021 at 12:25 pm

Hi there! Thanks for the video and this will help me a lot. One question maybe you can help with. On my long beam assembly where the "tongues" come together one is a little under 1/8” proud (boards 649 and 650 on the 12×16). I emailed yardistry and they want to replace them. In fitting other of the beam pieces together they’re all a little off (I mean this is cedar and a mass produced item, I kind of expect pieces not fitting exactly). Did you experience the same with yours? Do I just grind through it? Any insight appreciated!

16. rofulmed on November 21, 2021 at 12:26 pm

nice job!

17. James Malaguez on November 21, 2021 at 12:29 pm

Hi Joey, this is a great video. I bought the same gazebo at Costco and built it on my back porch with one side leaning against the house, just like you. My question is, how did you install the roof ridge caps that are supposed to slide in from the outside corner of the roof? I wasn’t able to figure out a way to do it on the 2 corners leaning against the house.

18. Eboni_Magazine on November 21, 2021 at 12:29 pm

I’m looking into one now
    This video just motivated me
    Thanks for Sharing

19. workoutlui on November 21, 2021 at 12:29 pm

Great job and video guys! If I may ask, does it get hot in there come summer time? I’m from Imperial Valley CA, and we get 115 plus in summer. Debating an open or a closed pergola like the one you guys built. Thanks for posting!

20. Carlos Romero on November 21, 2021 at 12:29 pm

how long did this take to build?

21. Glenn Jones on November 21, 2021 at 12:33 pm

great music…What song??

22. Kevin Mote on November 21, 2021 at 12:36 pm

One of the last steps is sliding the aluminum ridge caps up from the corners on angled joints of the roof. How did you do that on the side that is so close to the wall? (I watched the Yardistry’s "Helpful Hints" video, but it made it appear that you need lots of clearance between the roof and the wall.) What was your trick?

23. Joe Di Chiazza on November 21, 2021 at 12:36 pm

Great video. How were you able to put in the ridge caps on the side that’s close to the house? I’m putting mine up close to the house too and am hoping not to run into issues with not enough space.

24. Isidro Rodriguez on November 21, 2021 at 12:37 pm

Will Costco continue to sell these?

25. Joe Robinson on November 21, 2021 at 12:38 pm

How long did it take to build. I’m assuming this was a kit?

26. Holly Fraccaro on November 21, 2021 at 12:38 pm

Ordered the 12×20 and I think this will help us tremendously with our build! Thank you!

27. Rudy Richman on November 21, 2021 at 12:41 pm

Hello. How long was the 2×4 you used to support the first roof panel?

28. Michael on November 21, 2021 at 12:41 pm

Just bought this gazebo. How long did it take you to assemble?

29. Bill Sharpe on November 21, 2021 at 12:42 pm

Thanks Robby, VERY NICE work. build & video 🙂

30. david serna on November 21, 2021 at 12:43 pm

How much was it

31. Dawn Alie on November 21, 2021 at 12:44 pm

So beautiful wish I could have one 👍👍🇨🇦❤️

32. Ll Walker on November 21, 2021 at 12:45 pm

So.i get you’re in.phoenix but you do get rain. How do you handle the runoff on the side of the house?
    I would worry about water damage.

33. joefred Ramirez on November 21, 2021 at 12:47 pm

I built it cheaper and better quality wood, still a nice peace

34. Terry Winningham on November 21, 2021 at 12:47 pm

I have this same unit and was very impressed with the fit, I could not believe how easy it went together. Only negative is the metal on the roof faded with the exception of the rails that connected the roof panels. Love it.

35. HH Invest on November 21, 2021 at 12:47 pm

How long will this gazebos last for??(

36. E T on November 21, 2021 at 12:50 pm

Great job Looks amazing.
    What type of wood is it and how does it hold up against water?
    We get a lot of rain where I am and would to buy one but I dont how it hold hold up to rainy weather and snow….??????

37. Hendomatic on November 21, 2021 at 12:51 pm

You didnt show the ridge cap installation.

38. TEAM FREDDY on November 21, 2021 at 12:51 pm

Great video. How has it held up to the AZ weather?

39. Mr. Canna Farmer on November 21, 2021 at 12:53 pm

Nycccce

40. Navi Chohan on November 21, 2021 at 12:54 pm

Did you need to drill into the patio to add some kind of stability clamps to the posts or was it not a necessity ?

41. TheCoz11 on November 21, 2021 at 12:56 pm

How did you get the ridge caps installed on the side next to the house?

42. jet052673 on November 21, 2021 at 12:56 pm

I live in Phoenix as well. Did you have to get approval from your HOA?

43. Linda Bollinger on November 21, 2021 at 1:00 pm

Would you or do you know anyone that would be willing to put up a 12×14 for me?

44. Ed on November 21, 2021 at 1:01 pm

When I built mine, all my help flaked on me. I ended up using ropes, pulleys and a whole lot of swear words over 6 days to get it together.

45. JRD on November 21, 2021 at 1:03 pm

Wow. That was cooool. Wish me luck building mine. Gonna follow your lead.

46. Seriously You jest? on November 21, 2021 at 1:04 pm

Thanks for the post!

47. brankagod on November 21, 2021 at 1:05 pm

You guys are just installing gazebos. I really would like a similar one. How can I get in touch?

48. Roberto Cabrera on November 21, 2021 at 1:05 pm

how do you secure it to the floor?

49. Michael Taglianetti on November 21, 2021 at 1:07 pm

how do the posts get attached to the concrete?

50. Jeff D on November 21, 2021 at 1:07 pm

did i miss it never mentioned/show the mounting to the pad..???