Egg Money Quilts "Grandmother's Flower Garden"

Egg Money Quilts "Grandmother's Flower Garden"

Eleanor takes you back to the 1930’s as she selects feed sack fabric to for a beautiful Egg Money Quilt in two layouts. Eleanor starts us off with Grandmother’s Flower Garden. You will delight in her quick new methods to make this old time favorite as a block or as a stylish purse.
You can purchase the book Egg Money Quilts here: https://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponline/book/207546

1. WideAwake * on November 23, 2021 at 12:00 pm

Seeing those flour bags, I have those that were turned into pillow cases.. I wish I could find ways to use them around my house as decor..

2. Janice Ferrara on November 23, 2021 at 12:02 pm

Thanks great video dear

3. Vanessa Odom Machen on November 23, 2021 at 12:03 pm

My grandmother "boiled" her feed sacks, sheets, and towels in a large black cast iron pot over an open fire. She used a broomstick to get the cloth out of the pot. The cloth was so steaming hot you could see the steam. I still have that pot in my flower bed.

4. maaike powell on November 23, 2021 at 12:03 pm

Very interesting listening to all your stories Eleanor and watching you teach us – you make it look so easy!!! I have just bought your book Egg Money Quilt – can’t wait to get started!!!

5. Figaro Hey! on November 23, 2021 at 12:10 pm

This lady reminds me of Edith Bunker on… I don’t know what kind of happy juice. But she’s addictive to watch and makes me smile.

6. Gayle Daniel on November 23, 2021 at 12:12 pm

I loved your PBS show!! These quilts are beautiful!

7. Sandy Mccormick on November 23, 2021 at 12:15 pm

Need to know where to get the marked interfacing used in this block? Love how put block together. Thank you

8. D. Casten on November 23, 2021 at 12:19 pm

I love it! I have been wanting to make a grandmother’s flower garden because the one my grandmother made for me dry rotted and I want a replacement. But after trying to make a few flowers by hand I gave up. I think maybe I can do the applique version! Thank you so much for the idea! now I need to find your book.

9. Jennifer Jones on November 23, 2021 at 12:19 pm

I would like to do that sampler quilt, where do I find the pattern please Eleanor?

10. chantalida53 on November 23, 2021 at 12:22 pm

GREAT thank you so much Eleonor for this wonderful tutorial, I love the stories your are telling while you are sewing. greetings from France

11. cattus lavandula on November 23, 2021 at 12:25 pm

My dad has a Hoosier cabinet just like the one behind Eleanor. It has swirled milk glass in the tops of the doors. It’s beautiful, as is this one.

12. Nancy Rudy on November 23, 2021 at 12:31 pm

The grandmas’s flower garden looks like the one I watched my grandma hand piece,  pieces were no larger than a 50 cent piece  – the ladies at the church quilted it, then she put on the binding.  It was later raffled off for the benefit of the church.

13. SHELIA Heverin on November 23, 2021 at 12:32 pm

I am a little concerned about the thickness of the 3 pieces together.  I do love the idea of not cutting ad sewing all those little pieces.

14. Riding the Road on November 23, 2021 at 12:33 pm

The first quilt my Grandmother taught me to make. I still have the one she made me from all my old clothes as I grew. It isn’t in great shape as the clothes were used, but I won’t part with it for anything. She gave it to me for my 18th birthday. I hand stitched each piece for mine as she talked to me about her youth and taught me much more than quilting and sewing.

15. WideAwake * on November 23, 2021 at 12:34 pm

Wow, I would def like to have those iron on templates… where do u get those???? I love how she throws the scrap.. I always have a mess, I just let it fall all kver.. then I have a big mess afterwards

16. Adela Olivero on November 23, 2021 at 12:36 pm

OMG! I am just finishing a GFG that I started like a hundred years ago. I hand pieced and I am hand quilting around 3000 hexagons!!!! I still have 10 flowers and the borders to go. I wish I’ve known this info before…..

17. Sandy Mccormick on November 23, 2021 at 12:37 pm

Dear Elenor, I’m so sorry to here of your accident. I hope you are resting. Wish I could do something for you, as you do so much for so many others. Hoping for a speedy recovery. Sandra McCormick. Ps, Your staff has been very helpful.

18. Gilda Lo Cascio on November 23, 2021 at 12:37 pm

grazie… fra tanti video visti il suo è stato il migliore… grazie ancora dall’Italia😀💋👋👋👋

19. Ana isabel leon lopez on November 23, 2021 at 12:38 pm

Very good desde Venezuela Maracaibo 😘👍

20. Jo Stovall on November 23, 2021 at 12:40 pm

Love your easy method of sewing Grandmother’s Flower Garden ~ just beautiful. Thank you for all you do for us and for sharing your knowledge!

21. WideAwake * on November 23, 2021 at 12:43 pm

Question.. I have alot if fabric, that was my grandmother’s. How do you tell what year they were made or around about.. is there a way. Is that a silly question..

22. Colleen Ross on November 23, 2021 at 12:43 pm

but you don’t get the effect of each petal being sewed together ! and so thick for long am quilting!

23. person2463 on November 23, 2021 at 12:43 pm

This is just so adorable. Love it! 🌸

24. Colleen Ross on November 23, 2021 at 12:47 pm

stopping at 15:59 it doesn’t look like they match like a flower should!

25. Maria Goumas on November 23, 2021 at 12:50 pm

i love it. where can i buy that pattern????

26. Denise Martinez on November 23, 2021 at 12:50 pm

I love the “egg money”quilt series. It’s wonderful! I’ve watched multiple times and keep learning each time I watch. I’m wondering the name of the chicken and rooster quilt shown in the entry of each video?? Chickens and roosters ( really all farm animals) are my thing lol. 😊 thank you so much. Much love ❤️ from New Mexico 🇲🇽.