On Golden Pond

On Golden Pond

The legendary Henry Fonda and Katharine Hepburn star in one of the 1980s’ most honored and cherished films, On Golden Pond. Norman is a curmudgeon with an estranged relationship with his daughter Chelsea. At Golden Pond, he and his wife nevertheless agree to care for Billy, the son of Chelsea’s new boyfriend, and a most unexpected relationship blooms.

1. Martha Mack on November 23, 2021 at 11:44 am

I wish there was some context as to the relationship difficulties here between father & daughter. I cut my father out of my life too, however, it was because he was both emotionally & physically violent. My mother wouldn’t stop him at the time & later tried to blame me for the distance between us. This mother seems . . . seems to be doing the same thing w/ Chelsea, but we don’t get the advantage of the back story.

2. Janet Duncan on November 23, 2021 at 11:46 am

Such a beautiful movie. I first saw it in the theater when it came out. I could identify with Chelsea’s character, wanting to be close to her dad. I always felt out of touch with him. When he died I couldn’t stop crying. I couldn’t believe he was gone. It does go by so quickly.

3. Heart of Hawaii on November 23, 2021 at 11:47 am

one of my favorite old movies. Yay! Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

4. Elizabeth Vasquez on November 23, 2021 at 11:48 am

The movie was hard to watch but I do understand why my grandfather and dad we’re so stuppern and seemed unhappy at lot of times I can be bitter at times specially on holidays sometimes I’m bitter my self I get it! jane Fonda is so beautiful

5. Cynthia Wilson on November 23, 2021 at 11:48 am

Love this movie when first came out and now I’m 61 and love it just as much

6. Maxid1 on November 23, 2021 at 11:49 am

I was almost 45 mins into this before I remembered half of my family was like Norman. The other half were/are clinically insane. It made for intetesting Thanksgivings. To quote my late father after everyone left, "Thank God that’s over."

7. jerry P. on November 23, 2021 at 11:50 am

Acting is so first class..EASILY Oscar worthy. (Would have been a crime, if it wouldn’t have won.)

8. Cathy T on November 23, 2021 at 11:51 am

I despise Jane fonda but love this movie.

9. dzneal on November 23, 2021 at 11:52 am

I dedicate this movie πŸŽ₯ to my one and only daughter who’s walked through life with her Head Square ⬛ up her ASS……PS family will Fuck you over……..

10. For The Love Of Seattle on November 23, 2021 at 11:52 am

I love this movie. You get a feel that Henry and Katherine are actually married to each other. Now that is a true talent that most of today’s acting is sorely lacking.

11. Catherine Neal on November 23, 2021 at 11:54 am

Fantastic acting by two of the greats.

12. Linda Spontak on November 23, 2021 at 11:56 am

lol They picked the right guy for the part!!!!!!!!!!! (and his loony daughter)

13. Carrie Black on November 23, 2021 at 11:56 am

This movie is so wonderful! The lake is so beautiful and am craving this kind of life.

14. Deborah Caleo on November 23, 2021 at 11:57 am

WOW – ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS – LOVED THE TITLE – CLASSIC – NO WONDER IT WON SO MANY OSCARS AT IT’S TIME – FIRST TIME WATCHER – THANKS FOR SHARING – FABULOUR MOVIE

15. Lynn Pearson on November 23, 2021 at 11:57 am

Golden light upon the pond was magical.
    The rest: FISHY.

16. Lemmy Kilmister on November 23, 2021 at 12:00 pm

πŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ™‚

*8/10*
    🏞

17. wtcausby on November 23, 2021 at 12:01 pm

This is a great movie.

18. Katharine YQ Jin on November 23, 2021 at 12:01 pm

God, loved first 4 minutes, both music and scene.

19. David Macrory on November 23, 2021 at 12:03 pm

This movie is all about fleeting time; yet it is timeless. Having seen this movie when it was first released, seeing it again now, now that being a senior is my constant condition, I will always treasure this experience – "On Golden Pond." Thanks be to the actors & everyone involved in producing this masterpiece.

20. Duan Torruellas on November 23, 2021 at 12:04 pm

It was good to see Jane and her old man acting together again.
    She was so young and beautiful here. Her acting in this was as real as it gets and the awards this film got with such a small cast. New Hampshire is so beautiful all 4 seasons .

21. xoxo xoxoxo on November 23, 2021 at 12:10 pm

Price of a filling is about 150 dollars nowadays lmao or more πŸ’΅πŸ‘€

22. Frank Dux on November 23, 2021 at 12:10 pm

man, jane looked amazing those jean shorts.

23. Edward Karlson on November 23, 2021 at 12:10 pm

The Fonda bitch might as well be naked. I’m not watching this pretentious virtue from someone that hates it.

24. Russell Shepherd on November 23, 2021 at 12:11 pm

I love Katherine Hepburn line. Listen to the loons, no-rman , listen to the loons

25. Brenda Brooks on November 23, 2021 at 12:15 pm

I will always love ❀ this movie

26. John Prokovich on November 23, 2021 at 12:16 pm

Cute movie for this 85 yr old who lost his wife 2 yrs ago to cancer.

27. Mike Skidmore on November 23, 2021 at 12:16 pm

I actually paid to see this in a Movie Theature.. I don’t spend much of anything on the garbage that comes out of Hollywerid these days.. Plus Jane Fonda was such a Radical ..
    Katherine Hepburn nearly started to death during the great Depression had had a Ravanous appetite the rest of her life..

28. 6861Charley on November 23, 2021 at 12:20 pm

I never realized that after many years I’m getting old. Not as old as the main characters but I will be that old sooner. I’m thankful for all the blessings and good memories with my family and friends.

29. Monte McCarty on November 23, 2021 at 12:24 pm

This movie made me want to be an actor. I was 12. Mad that my dad got this movie…instead of whatever silly movie that was out. The acting is so perfect. Wish I would have stuck with it in college. I was only freshman to get a lead role. I was Klinger from Mash. Good times. My drama teacher got into some trouble after my sophomore year. The new drama teacher didn’t connect with any of us. I wish we never lost you Mrs. Pastusek. You would have kept me interested and focused. She made me feel I was talented enough to give it a try. What ifs…..

30. Maxid1 on November 23, 2021 at 12:26 pm

I haven’t seen this in about 40 years but I still remember the high points.

31. Alan Tubbs on November 23, 2021 at 12:27 pm

No thanks. I have seen enough of Hanoi Jane!

32. chrisiden on November 23, 2021 at 12:27 pm

44:23 how ironic, as Mr Fonda passed just after this movie……

33. Gretta Lemabouchou on November 23, 2021 at 12:29 pm

Beautiful……..a masterpiece on ageing and love. So glad that Jane and her Dad made this film. I think she found her peace.

34. Travis Grant on November 23, 2021 at 12:30 pm

I remember how stunned I was when I first saw this wonderful film the the theater. I was blown away. It’s a classic! πŸ‘πŸ’ž

35. Carl Lelandt on November 23, 2021 at 12:30 pm

Lost our cabin when I was young. Away at work for long periods of time, and didn’t have funds to pay others keep it up properly in our absence. Was entirely off-grid. So used propane. And was so remote there weren’t any roads. Only accessible by boat. Fish, swim, hike and explore the woods. And as the sun went down, board games, cards, books, magazines, comics. -Had fantastic great times there. Great memories. Years later, to add insult to injury, I started (also!) getting a serious bug for a remote winter cabin. When you’re old like me, the experience value of such places is more for youngsters, young families. .

36. Alan Biesemeier on November 23, 2021 at 12:30 pm

Boy…I can relate to that. I am only 63, but life turns makes it feel like far. I can see it coming, along with being an old smartass. I am already more than half way there.😁

37. Chuck Kady on November 23, 2021 at 12:31 pm

Nov 20, 2021 ~ This was the last movie Henry Fonda ever made! He Won the academy award for his last Picture Show! Jane Fonda had to receive it for him as he passed away soon after its release.
    Yes I know what it feels like to grow old. I have a bottle of Nitro in ever room in the house. That pain in the chest he demoed gets worse without Nitro. You’ll feel pain in the left arm and it feels like a knife in your back along with an ache i the Jaw.
    Good bye Henry thanks for all the great movies.

38. basicdata on November 23, 2021 at 12:33 pm

Oh my gosh ! My favorite movie ! Saw it when it first was released. Thank-You for posting. I’m done for …the rest of the day, overwhelmed with memories.

39. Naminski on November 23, 2021 at 12:33 pm

The original theatrical print has the 1963 Universal Pictures logo.

40. Rena MaryAnn David on November 23, 2021 at 12:35 pm

Ty. YouTube.. πŸ₯°

41. Nancy 🎈 on November 23, 2021 at 12:36 pm

😒What an amazing movie! Can’t believe I never saw this movie and I’m living in New Hampshire πŸ€”. Excellent cast, beautiful scenery, nothing like good ole Squam Lake and its surroundings πŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸ¦†

42. David Stevenson on November 23, 2021 at 12:37 pm

English

43. AlwaysPrisms on November 23, 2021 at 12:38 pm

i remember when my mom and i went to the movies to see this loved it and so did she miss you mom every day wish you were still here how time goes by

44. ugaladh on November 23, 2021 at 12:40 pm

always loved that opening theme. Had the soundtrack on vinyl back in the day. now i can just go to you tube

45. Michael Olinger on November 23, 2021 at 12:41 pm

To The makers of this movie. Why do you think Using God’s Name Like you do. Make a movie Any Better?

46. mike m on November 23, 2021 at 12:41 pm

November 2021 . We really are all of us .Just trying to find our way .

47. Mike Skidmore on November 23, 2021 at 12:42 pm

1983 $38.00 for Gasoline it says $19.00 on the Pump it says 67.9 cents per gallon ? Marinas have always been high .. I did a search says the average price in 1982 was $1.31 1985 $1.13 . I was paying attention because I thought maybe the young boys were going to try and cheat the senile old guy ..

48. ChrisNVegas on November 23, 2021 at 12:42 pm

I’m in my 50’s and plan on being a curmudgeon. Looking forward to it. I try to practice so eventually I’ll be good at it. I have plenty of money so family members try to stay on my good side. I’ll make them earn it!

49. Brooke TANEY on November 23, 2021 at 12:42 pm