Foraging for Medicinal Plants – An educational plant walk in Colorado

Foraging for Medicinal Plants – An educational plant walk in Colorado

Follow pure planets on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pureplanets/?hl=en
or head on over to their website: https://pureplanets.com/

As always, always be extra careful when foraging for wild plants and never eat or pick anything that you aren’t sure of. This video is designed to inspire you to learn more and see what is available in your own “backyard” now that spring is coming around.

1. Nick Morel on November 29, 2021 at 12:34 pm

Dry Vaginas said it….
    Do you have any knowledge of mushrooms

2. Nick Morel on November 29, 2021 at 12:35 pm

How johnny are you tincture….spirits and play….few dops

3. 5ystemError on November 29, 2021 at 12:36 pm

This was very cool! Foraging for food and medicinal plants is such a rare ability. I’d love to learn about the plants in my area.

4. Nick Morel on November 29, 2021 at 12:37 pm

Love the old gray grandma lady

5. Elisia Alexander on November 29, 2021 at 12:42 pm

Video is very loved

6. Marie Ridore on November 29, 2021 at 12:43 pm

Thanks ! What is the name of the leaf herbs please.

7. Boniry Plays Switch on November 29, 2021 at 12:44 pm

Book silver lady reads is mountain state medical plants

8. Sofia L on November 29, 2021 at 12:44 pm

Hi thanks for the information, which kind of oil would you use for that swimmers ears medicine drops (mullein leaves,garlic and oil) you mentioned

9. FireflyUnderTheMoon on November 29, 2021 at 12:52 pm

Interesting about the linden tea. It’s very common here in Europe (I live in Eastern Europe) and it’s one of my favourite teas.

10. Katarina Nicole on November 29, 2021 at 12:54 pm

This is so amazing! Utterly fascinating and I’m totally inspired to learn more about plants and such. Especially with my own tummy issues this could be very helpful. Do these ladies have a fb or website?

11. David Nave on November 29, 2021 at 12:58 pm

FYI , don’t know how awhere you are of Colorado noxiouse weed list but about half of the weeds/plants you are talking about may truely have medicanel qualities However a word of caution. You may want to caution people about harvesting any of these plants/weed along roadsides. Because Colorado as well as city municapalities rights of way do spray thes plant/weeds. Check CSU website for further info.

12. Carol Jones on November 29, 2021 at 1:04 pm

nice ladies for sure but not a very useful video. one of them often inaccurate (eg she said gumweed is for the ‘tummy’ but it’s for respiratory issues). thankfully the other lady was more knowledgeable and did more of the speaking. also, CAMERAMAN spent very little time on the plants with few closeups. no point in a plant walk if we hardly see the actual plants!

13. Christian Hansen on November 29, 2021 at 1:05 pm

love grey haired lady she so smart about plants.

14. Kim Fliegel on November 29, 2021 at 1:10 pm

Thanks for the knowledge you bring about the plants! It would be nice for the camera to focus on the plant while you talk about it. It would be good see more of the plant for identification purposes.

15. Nick Morel on November 29, 2021 at 1:13 pm

Smoke more weeeeeeeeeeeeeed

16. Karma of OmInIt on November 29, 2021 at 1:15 pm

I’m so excited to find someone who I can begin to learn the herbs available in CO. We just bought a house in Pagosa Springs and I’m excited to learn about what Mother Earth has to offer in the area.

17. Muze Rhythm on November 29, 2021 at 1:20 pm

LOVE IT!😁 Reminded me last year I went on a guided hike at Fort Worth Nature Center (in Texas) and I spoke with one of the guides to do a wild edibles tour. They Loved the idea also they were in college and thought this would be great for their thesis. 2 months later the facility had a wild edibles guided hike!😁

18. Meghan on November 29, 2021 at 1:24 pm

This was so enlightening! Thank you for sharing.

19. Janka Van der Merwe on November 29, 2021 at 1:30 pm

I cannot tell how old Gina is! either she dyed her hair that way and shes in her 20s, or she looks amazing for her age.

20. Lilee Lisa Mc. on November 29, 2021 at 1:33 pm

I would not advise stripping the bark from a birch tree simply for the"fun" of making noodles. There are so many other vegan alternatives . It is not advised to a strip a Birch of it’s bark except in survival situations.