Worth It? Ep. 5 – The Original Garden Genie Gloves (As Seen On TV)

Worth It? Ep. 5 – The Original Garden Genie Gloves (As Seen On TV)

In this episode of worth it? We will be testing the original garden genie gloves as seen on tv. This has been one of the most requested videos since beginning this series and so let’s see if they are worth it or not!
Garden genie gloves – http://amzn.to/2y84FoF
Send mail to:
PO box 131
Marysville, MI 48040

450+ varieties of Heirloom & Non-GMO Vegetable seeds .99/pack, fertilizer, garden tools, blog & More: http://www.MIgardener.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MIgardener
Instagram: http://instagram.com/MIgardener
G+: http://plus.google.com/+MIgardener
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/MIgardenerYT/ Twitter: http://twitter.com/MI_gardener
Tumblr: http://tumblr.com/MIgardener Check out our new clothing line! http:www.freshpickedapparel.com

1. mikkili suniteja on December 3, 2021 at 12:59 pm

Nice product

2. Iky C on December 3, 2021 at 1:00 pm

I think it is a satisfying to dig like a bagger!

3. Cristian Gabriel Groman on December 3, 2021 at 1:01 pm

Wonderful! 🎄😉😊💗🎄 Best regards from London!

4. Mainiac Gardener on December 3, 2021 at 1:02 pm

They might be good for hand weeding and also harvesting tubers with minimal damage.

5. Jonathan Gardner on December 3, 2021 at 1:02 pm

Hi Luke, do you sell your seed packets wholesale?

6. Mr.Personality on December 3, 2021 at 1:03 pm

Hey. I know its off topic! But, I’m thinking about growing microgreens for profit. Are you familiar with the cottage law?
    The way im interpreting it… Is your only allowed to make 20k?

7. Sharon Reece on December 3, 2021 at 1:04 pm

As a nurse, working with individuals who have immunity problems and/or highly infectious diseases, i wear vinyl medical gloves under my regular garden gloves for safety. I cannot afford to have open areas or dirty nails for my sake or my patients. As an older gardener i can certainly see how these might be useful for planting and weeding. If only they could come up with some invention that helps me stand up after the planting and weeding i will buy it in a heartbeat, lol.

8. Jedidragoon Makes on December 3, 2021 at 1:07 pm

I see these and think of the x-man Wolverine

9. Uber Man Tampa on December 3, 2021 at 1:09 pm

Out of subject, but thus far I’m very happy with your seed product

10. Barbara Carbone on December 3, 2021 at 1:10 pm

Actually theylook prettygood. Although not for me. But Imagine using them when you’re planting rows of close knit flowers or veg plants…one hand digs, the other hand plants…and so on down the line. I like it. Good job demonstrating.

11. Belamri Farida on December 3, 2021 at 1:11 pm

very goood….thakyou the first like

12. Emmit Stewart on December 3, 2021 at 1:12 pm

Might be better if they came in right and left hand models. Then you could use the left hand for digging and weeding and the right for more precise work. I personally would prefer to use a trowel for digging small holes and a shovel for larger holes. Since these only remove a handful of dirt at a time, they would be useless for [planting anything larger plants and trees, though they might be useful in mixing soil additives like peat and fertilizer into planting holes, but not enough to justify spending the money. I might use them if someone gave them to me on my birthday or Christmas.

13. twocvbloke on December 3, 2021 at 1:14 pm

They’d probably be good in the kitchen too for making pulled pork… 🙂

14. I'm Amitava on December 3, 2021 at 1:16 pm

Can we wash to clean it like clothes?

15. CutoDracon on December 3, 2021 at 1:18 pm

I got mine for less than $5. I’m going to be starting my first raised bed this Spring and got them for sowing and replanting mostly.

16. PinkChucky15 on December 3, 2021 at 1:21 pm

They seem ok but I also think that the claws in the other hand would be a better idea.

17. Joseph Collins on December 3, 2021 at 1:21 pm

It’s not for grabbing tools, it’s for getting into weeds etc. covering two knuckle joints stops the claws digging into get into your knuckles. get into the soil before judging verbally for soo long.. I think I’ll get some as my soil is not so soft as yours appears. I didn’t see you do anything except play in soil… so no point in this particular video sorry.

18. Diana Cordero Sanchez on December 3, 2021 at 1:22 pm

Luke thanks for the preview of these gloves. I liked your honesty. I have clay soil and I actually have to use a heavy duty spade and a hand tiller plus a three metal prong tool to break up the hard soil.

19. Adina Potato'Warrior on December 3, 2021 at 1:24 pm

They are meant for digging, dude, not mobility… That’s why one glove doesn’t have the digging claws on it. And you CAN buy just the claws on Amazon, so… Lack of research on this is a bit surprising, you’re usually very thorough. Still a.decent review and it doesn’t change my opinion on my own pair. LOVE THEM!!!

20. Danielle M on December 3, 2021 at 1:27 pm

I used a pair the whole season and I loved them. And the claws are also great for smashing bugs.
    I would like them even more if they were water proof, but that would make them hot and people prolly wouldn’t like that.

21. Emmanuel Tuazon on December 3, 2021 at 1:28 pm

can i have one i really need it on my aquaponics class

22. PrettyAliceMoon on December 3, 2021 at 1:28 pm

Great video! I will stick to gloves and a shovel. I think my main problem with those would be that the claws would get in the way more than they would help. I would be trying to grab things like tools, plants, seeds, pots, etc. and would have trouble with those claws where I would be fine with a regular pair of gloves. And like you said a shovel can do anything those can do plus more. I love this series and can’t wait to see more!

23. Michele Jones on December 3, 2021 at 1:29 pm

I agree! Just another "step" to do! No gloves for me, those microbes r GOOD for you!

24. Angela Walton-Raji on December 3, 2021 at 1:29 pm

I actually looked for them in the store—hoping to find some on the shelf. I may eventually buy them as occasionally I kneel down in the soil in my garden bed, and having something on my hand to work and brush away the soil would be convenient. Of course they will never replace a shovel, but when I don’t wish to stand and prefer to kneel in the vegetable bed, I can see their use. So–I can see that they have some value for some folks.

25. SantaAnaRoadWildman on December 3, 2021 at 1:30 pm

I like your "Worth it?" series Luke. Hey! What about a gloved hand with bigger claws or mini shovels for a better dig? Kind of like a Freddy Krueger glove but with metal claws. Perhaps a heavy leather sheath like a welding glove? ideas ideas but I agree with you. I will just use my trusty hand tools.

26. Will Lastnameguy on December 3, 2021 at 1:33 pm

They don’t seem great. Im an older guy who has had nothing but blue collar jobs, and I dont usually use gloves for anything. But even if I did, I don’t think I would use these. Thanks for the video.

27. GoodWrighter on December 3, 2021 at 1:35 pm

Salut Luke. I only use gloves when pruning, sifting compost or using long-handle tools, otherwise it’s "bare-naked" hands for me. I feel more connected to my soil, the beneficial organisms and the food that nourishes me. I grow 100% organic so I know that there’s no danger of my hands coming into contact with any harmful toxins. HUGE thanks for the work you, your wife(and daughter)put into this obvious labor of love.

28. jackie littlefield on December 3, 2021 at 1:37 pm

i agree and understand what your saying i have a pare of them to there is deffently some ups and downs about them so fare i think i have liked them

29. M M on December 3, 2021 at 1:37 pm

I’ll go with the shuvle. Being a minimlaist and not liking too much clutter I usually go barehands unless there are things too dirty or don’t want to touch because I may injure myself then i’ll go for protection. Thank you for this video.

30. Kenneth Reyes on December 3, 2021 at 1:42 pm

The claw goes behind the knuckle so it’s easier to dig.

31. Flowers by Nicole on December 3, 2021 at 1:42 pm

ive been wondering about these ! thanks

32. Phyllis White on December 3, 2021 at 1:44 pm

Thank you. They look pretty redundant. I like the worth it video idea.

33. T Lynn on December 3, 2021 at 1:45 pm

Interesting but I would have to agree with you.

34. Karen K on December 3, 2021 at 1:46 pm

Love this series! Thanks for giving unbiased opinions on those ‘gimmicky’ products. Sometimes they are worth it, sometimes not really. Yeah they may do what they are intended for but do you need a whole new product that will only dig holes?

35. Kara Kreations on December 3, 2021 at 1:46 pm

Hi Luke, for me I tried gloves but it was no fun, I love the feeling of soil between my fingers it is soothing and relaxing, the only time I wear them is when I’m using my tools so I don’t get blisters, Thanks for all that you are doing to help us gardeners keep up the good work,Grow Big Or Go Home 🙂

36. Dahlia Olive on December 3, 2021 at 1:46 pm

Fun video! I usually only wear gloves if I’m dealing with poison ivy. I have very small hands, and garden gloves give me blisters because they don’t fit correctly. I should consider gloves more, because I have an urban farm in the city, and you wouldn’t believe how much broken glass I find, 😡😤.

37. Bad Vibes NoSleep on December 3, 2021 at 1:47 pm

If we don’t get dirt under our nails then we don’t consider it gardening haha

38. Mathew Walworth on December 3, 2021 at 1:49 pm

Hey I’m in Facebook jail tell the 24 what the price on tomato seed? I can tomatoes for spaghetti sauce and I also make salsa

39. Alstead on December 3, 2021 at 1:50 pm

Would they be good for someone who only has containers for their garden? I have a deck where I use mostly 5 gallon containers and I usually use my hand to dig the holes.

40. William Alexander on December 3, 2021 at 1:53 pm

Seem rather pointless to me. Shovel and hands.

41. jason grass on December 3, 2021 at 1:53 pm

I would love to see a re-edit of growing from start to finish of one vegetable like say cucumber from plant to harvest or any other vegetable. But we see everything from start to finish in pieces and some videos can slip through the cracks

42. Green Witch Homestead on December 3, 2021 at 1:53 pm

My hubs likes them. But they are to big for my hands and I just can’t use them 🙁
    Also I like having my hands in the dirt

43. Mars Aries on December 3, 2021 at 1:54 pm

I would use them for cleaning around the plants that need to be hand raked. Getting under a prickly bush to clear the debris that the winds scattered in the garden.

44. Tara Santiago on December 3, 2021 at 1:55 pm

Luke, I bought them and found them to be very useful to weed. The diggers loosen up the weeds for me and make it easier.

45. Iky C on December 3, 2021 at 1:57 pm

Nice! I was so interested in this product!!! It looks fun!

46. Edelweiss Stamaria on December 3, 2021 at 1:57 pm