Tool Tuesday! GARDEN BEDDER ATTACHMENT FOR TRACTOR How to Use..TIPS AND TRICKS!!

Tool Tuesday: Awesome ROW BEDDER TRACTOR ATTACHMENT…HOW TO USE..TIPS AND TRICKS!! Learn how to build up row beds to control root rot in plants….grow a weed free garden and bed up your garden for a pretty, efficient and nice looking garden this year!

Support the farm! Pick up a nice Hat or Shirt in our online farm store: https://stoneyridgefarmer.com/

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING WE USED A VLOG???? https://www.amazon.com/shop/stoneyridgefarmer?ref=ac_inf_hm_vp

1. Chris Spence on December 4, 2021 at 12:41 pm

Hiller bedder ?

2. Raul McCai on December 4, 2021 at 12:42 pm

how do ya keep the critters out of the garden? and stink bugs have you had to deal with them?

3. Curt Weatherbee on December 4, 2021 at 12:42 pm

โค๏ธ๐Ÿ

4. James Dowell on December 4, 2021 at 12:47 pm

I ordered the gb 50

5. zacktube100 on December 4, 2021 at 12:47 pm

I was told that plowing may be necessary before tilling for soil that was never planted. Any thoughts?

There’s a video somewhere out there where a guy uses those tines on his corn field in between the rows to uproot any weeds before they get started while the corn was still short enough to drive over without really contacting the bottom of the tractor.

6. Tannenbaumgirl on December 4, 2021 at 12:48 pm

There you go again…think before you speak! You don’t need to relive and repeat past unplesantries on Utube!

7. JK on December 4, 2021 at 12:48 pm

A fine job you did with that piece of American made attachment Big thumbs up! Looks like EA make a quality product.
    One question.
    Is there a purpose for running the tines and sweeps while you were bedding the rows or was running the tractor back over to compact between the rows an afterthought?
    Seems like you could have done the same thing without using the tines and sweeps and saved some time.

8. tu fu on December 4, 2021 at 12:49 pm

I have 5-7 acres. what model and attachment do I need to do my work if I want to do these job…
    1. plant corn seeds
    2. cleaning weeds between space of 2 rows of corns
    3. hilling corns each row
    4. put fertilizer for the corns
    5. tilling weeds with new ground before planting crops
    If u use that small tractor to plan corns and it will be a large space open between 2 rows of corns which u plant,so what attachment u will use to clean the weeds in the space and hill corns?

9. Beloved Soaps on December 4, 2021 at 12:50 pm

I think it was awesome you went on Greg Judys channel. Heโ€™s full of knowledge and is a great guy!

10. William Stubbs on December 4, 2021 at 12:50 pm

Discount code?

11. Rowan Sollars on December 4, 2021 at 12:52 pm

Have you thought about using a moisture point for your seed row? I would throw less soil around but still score your windrow

12. markam campbell on December 4, 2021 at 12:52 pm

how is your jeep coming? haven’t heard about it for awhile.

13. Donnie Bargo on December 4, 2021 at 12:53 pm

But that is good way to plant potatoes to get your hills up high enough to use a digger

14. George Wallace Jr on December 4, 2021 at 12:53 pm

Good job buddy ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

15. J & J Acres on December 4, 2021 at 12:56 pm

Great video have you checked with any city sewer plants they sell the bio dirt for cheap and it grows plants grass or what ever you want so well it will amaze you

16. Happy Off Grid on December 4, 2021 at 12:57 pm

Josh, thank you very much for the information and I cannot wait to watch more. Have a great day and that hat is awesome.

17. knottide64 on December 4, 2021 at 1:01 pm

We used a bedder and this same seeder but now our beds/rows are being overrun with grass and weeds. I use a tiller between the beds/rows, but canโ€™t seem to control the grass in the beds/rows. Did we miss a step…like spraying before planting?

18. 2ndAmendmentGlock on December 4, 2021 at 1:01 pm

I’ve done the bedding by hand once….this will save you about 800 hours of work as well as your back, joints, etc.

19. musician445 on December 4, 2021 at 1:01 pm

How do you feel about this compared to a farmall 100, 130, 140, or super a? The price seems compelling compared to getting involved with a new tractor that needs to be maintained.

20. jonathan parsons on December 4, 2021 at 1:04 pm

seems like on some passes the row bedder comes up out of the ground completely, I wonder if you were to get some barbell plates and hang a few on where the tines are attached if it would stop doing that and maybe work better and save some time?

21. 440gohorse on December 4, 2021 at 1:04 pm

Doesnโ€™t it make tilling difficult?

22. Harvey Rouse JR. on December 4, 2021 at 1:05 pm

My wife is fussing at me today because I got my pole beans and string beans rows to close together. I can definitely relate.

23. Robert Young on December 4, 2021 at 1:05 pm

With all that stuff you guys grow how do you preserve it? Canning, dehydrator, freeze dryer? Keep producing great videos. Love to watch them.

24. James Dowell on December 4, 2021 at 1:08 pm

I’m trying gb 50 row bedder from everything attachments

25. Harvey Rouse JR. on December 4, 2021 at 1:11 pm

The sweep is the iron making contact with the soil. They come in many widths. The tine is the steel spring the sweep attaches too. They come as "C" and "S" spring tines. The spring action is what holds constant pressure to the sweep. The old style shanks (Farmall) have adjustment screws on the back of the shank that allows the sweep pitch to be adjusted.

26. Joel Brown on December 4, 2021 at 1:13 pm

Are those galaxy branded tires on the rear of your 240?

27. Cannon Wooten on December 4, 2021 at 1:15 pm

Did you sale the backhoe?

28. Good Ol Boy #76 on December 4, 2021 at 1:15 pm

Are you going to get a seeder or are you going to plant by hand? The reason I ask is so seeders do the same thing with only one thing different. The seeder also plants the seeds. Another great video cant wait to see the plants grow for all your hard work.

29. mndew 620 on December 4, 2021 at 1:17 pm

Where do you get your compost?

30. tsafa on December 4, 2021 at 1:17 pm

Great video. I subscribed. I’m trying to figure out stuff the same way you are. I’m working with a Kubota L 3800.

I’m thinking of buying that attachment for planting corn and pumpkins. I’m working with Rocky Pennsylvania soil.

How do you get your seeds in and cover them up?

Can you use that same attachment to cultivate the weeds out?

Do you row your corn and pumpkins the same way?

31. Eoin O'Reilly on December 4, 2021 at 1:18 pm

You should have bought a Ferguson ridger plough

32. soundmasterx on December 4, 2021 at 1:18 pm

What are you using to cultivate with that bedder?

33. Leroy on December 4, 2021 at 1:18 pm

Once you get that super a going you need to put those disks on the front and use that

34. jerrym on December 4, 2021 at 1:19 pm

How did you handle your dogs killing your neighbors cats?

35. Mark Rozell on December 4, 2021 at 1:19 pm

Are you gonna use GPa’s seeder. That was a cool little tool. Good Luck.

36. Dan Beamer and son on December 4, 2021 at 1:23 pm

Did you make a after planting video?

37. Fred Hart on December 4, 2021 at 1:24 pm

Looks good, I have one similar, really works great hilling up your sweet corn,
    Maybe some day you can get the super A farmall fixed, it was probably the best truck patch, row crop tractor ever made,
    But a little hard for big boys to get up on – off of,

38. allen Henry on December 4, 2021 at 1:24 pm

AWESOME pix of you and the American flag in this clip

39. Donnie Bargo on December 4, 2021 at 1:24 pm

I don’t know how you get anything to grow in green wood mulch here it’s so high in acid we use it for weed control

40. jerrym on December 4, 2021 at 1:26 pm

How did you handle your dogs killing your neighbors cats?

41. Mike Benoit on December 4, 2021 at 1:28 pm

Hi Brother Josh if you get a chance check out Demolition Ranch

42. Nick Seidenman on December 4, 2021 at 1:29 pm

Another great vid!

Question: When planning your garden, specifically the orientation of the rows, how do sun exposure, average wind direction, and land contour factor in? For example, do you tend to run your rows north-sout so that they get more or less equal sun exposure, with contour and wind secondary factors? (I mention wind b/c olive trees need it to pollinate — bees won’t do the job.) Tx!

43. james heath on December 4, 2021 at 1:30 pm

Yes. I am interested in that row bedder.

44. corey anderson on December 4, 2021 at 1:33 pm

that blade not doing much turned backwards ๐Ÿ™‚ i wonder if you still use it that way in 2021…

45. Roxy on December 4, 2021 at 1:33 pm

U may starve

46. Lacy O'Brien on December 4, 2021 at 1:33 pm

What size of the garden bedder are you using in this video? I didnt catch it in the video, nor did I see it in any of the comments. Thanks for the great visual on this product.

47. Nathan Chambers on December 4, 2021 at 1:34 pm

New subscriber. Live free my friend

48. Wayne Leamon on December 4, 2021 at 1:38 pm

My mom had a green thumb. I always thought if she planted a popsicle stick it would grow into a popsicle tree. That is just how good she was with plants. She passed away in 2007 at the age of 86. While watching your video I thought, "I just wonder how much better of a garden she could have grown if she had the equipment that you have." My mom was a super gardener. I once saw her pick pole beans out of a Maple tree that was close to the garden. Of course she was old school and everything was done by hand. The only help she had was a tiller and us boys to till the soil for her. Thanks for the video.

49. cavemandancer on December 4, 2021 at 1:38 pm

Always a great video๐Ÿ™

50. Robert Payne on December 4, 2021 at 1:40 pm

We used bedders on some of cotton and bean ground
    But, on some we planted flat and built the beds around the plants with a cultivator either way works good