How To Make a STONE LANDSCAPE BED BORDER | Step-by-Step Process

How To Make a STONE LANDSCAPE BED BORDER | Step-by-Step Process

Want to install a new stone border around your landscape bed or garden beds? Watch this video for some great tips and tricks!
~
When it comes to laying natural stone, there are many WRONG ways to do it. So save yourself some hassle by hearing the advice I have based off of years of landscaping and gardening.
~
I hope it is a blessing!
~
Benj aka Gardenguy

1. Martin Roscoe on December 6, 2021 at 12:43 pm

Beautiful wall, cool video!

2. Amblos 0525 on December 6, 2021 at 12:44 pm

How was the stone purchased? Did you but the whole pallet, or just the stone removed from it?

3. Angela Clawson on December 6, 2021 at 12:44 pm

Awesome job well done

4. Verde on December 6, 2021 at 12:44 pm

Beautiful!

5. Patty Price on December 6, 2021 at 12:45 pm

Very pretty guys
    Beautiful

6. Maria Friend on December 6, 2021 at 12:47 pm

You guys Rock!!!

7. Tee Naidoo on December 6, 2021 at 12:49 pm

Well Done guys.. God bless you both.. Love your attitude and your hard work.. Looks awesome.. Without cement.. ๐Ÿ‘Œ

8. Diana Collinson on December 6, 2021 at 12:51 pm

Nice work Benj and Ethan. Itโ€™s fun to see the project from beginning to end.

9. Maria Caroline Amico on December 6, 2021 at 12:51 pm

Great work! Beautiful! I had started on my smaller project then took a break & found your video! Needless to say, I realized I was doing things all wrong! Stopped where I was and headed to the home store for some gravel. I do have a question about what to do if your area is uneven, as in, one side is about 15 inches lower. I’m guessing I need to start at that side & work my way around so the top layer of stone is level. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

10. Terry Gillmore on December 6, 2021 at 12:52 pm

Well done,looks great!

11. Shelley Behm on December 6, 2021 at 12:55 pm

Great job. I have a similar, but much smaller planting bed our landscapers put in front of our front porch. Now, after 10 years, the soil is washing out one side. Iโ€™m not sure how to fix without dismantling the whole side nor do I know if itโ€™s something best left to the professionals to repair or if it an easy diy fix. With mature Hostas, Ivy, Creeping Jenny, weed barrier and bark mulch, I donโ€™t know how to go about fixing without damaging the plants. Any thoughts?

12. James Trenda on December 6, 2021 at 12:56 pm

Love the tutorial and your positive attitude! Showed me I donโ€™t need a bunch of fancy equipment to build something pretty. I think Iโ€™ll go ahead and pull the trigger on this project now. God bless!

13. Edwin Saldanha on December 6, 2021 at 12:57 pm

Haha nice design and job well done!! Ben u r acting like the Egyptian Task Master of the Moses time to poor Ethan!!!! Please pay Ethan Sleepy Biden’s new minimum wages $15s /hr.!!!! ๐Ÿ˜œ And I will see if you r still in the gardening business!!! ๐Ÿ˜œ

One more Idea to earn more money make Ethan dance to house owners.. A good dance from his school. Probably you will get more money for bringing school dance to house owners door step!!! ๐Ÿ˜œ

Any way.. It was a good video. I am happy to see Ethan working with you n learning gardening. Love you Ethan for all your good gardening work!! And God bless you!!! . ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Ethan is the Hero of the day!!! ๐Ÿ˜œ

14. JayJoJonny on December 6, 2021 at 12:58 pm

Ben & Ethan: you guys gave me some great insights into my DIY project, it would be cool to see what it looks like now. Iโ€™m curious to know how you keep weeds from growing between & around the rocks?

15. NIKLAVEE on December 6, 2021 at 12:59 pm

Beautiful work!

16. Katherine Kinnaird on December 6, 2021 at 1:01 pm

It looks beautiful. You had a nice Helper too. God bless you.

17. A-Veteran Lawn Care on December 6, 2021 at 1:02 pm

great tutorial

18. pat riccaboni on December 6, 2021 at 1:04 pm

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘awsome

19. Fish Fish Fish on December 6, 2021 at 1:05 pm

Great video.

20. Sally Boothe on December 6, 2021 at 1:06 pm

Nice wall! It will be there until they want it moved…. which should be forever ๐Ÿ˜Š it reminds me of the one I had built around the front of my house. On the higher end we planted a nice white Dogwood tree. I love it! Iโ€™m sure the homeowners are going to LOVE theirs too

21. Nicole Schmidt on December 6, 2021 at 1:06 pm

Hi Benji,

Thank you for your tutorial. I am planning on constructing my own flat stone walls around my own landscaping. What did you use for the fill gravel? I was considering 3/4 inch minus gravel.

22. The Kraemer Life on December 6, 2021 at 1:07 pm

Ben (and Ethan), that’ looks really nice! Well done.

23. Rami P on December 6, 2021 at 1:08 pm

LOVE it! ๐Ÿฅฐ
    Thanks for sharing!

24. wilfrey patricio on December 6, 2021 at 1:09 pm

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

25. Aussie Gardener on December 6, 2021 at 1:11 pm

WOW ,,, 2 views …. 2 likes … awesome keep it going everyone

26. Kathryn Stone on December 6, 2021 at 1:13 pm

You know how to build walls! It’s great you share your knowledge with us. Nice stones. You are really good at this!

27. Lisa Marie on December 6, 2021 at 1:14 pm

Looks nice๐Ÿ‘

28. max antile on December 6, 2021 at 1:15 pm

No mortar no footer hmm, everyone works different ig I prefer something that will last something solid.

29. Southern Style Lawn Care on December 6, 2021 at 1:19 pm

Looks good. How many pallets was that?

30. Margie & Alfie on December 6, 2021 at 1:19 pm

Exactly! Work is all about havin some fan.
    That’s the best way to motivate oneself โฃ๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฏ

31. Tom Denton on December 6, 2021 at 1:20 pm

lay the stone into slope not along slope.

32. Kathrine Kerns on December 6, 2021 at 1:24 pm

Very nice. I think you guys used every muscle in your back, legs, arms etc. That was a lot of work.

33. Femineity on December 6, 2021 at 1:26 pm

Very nice looking!
    Is that flagstone and what’s the cost of materials for a job like that?

34. Heather Anne Kennedy on December 6, 2021 at 1:27 pm

I truly believe that the ability to work is one of God’s greatest blessings! To do so with an attitude of JOY while striving for EXCELLENCE is truly the very best way to tackle any work! Beautiful job on the stone border – it’s going to be amazing filled with plants!!!

35. Sea Trout on December 6, 2021 at 1:28 pm

Good stone , bad building!

36. Melissa Meyer on December 6, 2021 at 1:28 pm

How much rock did you use? And what is that rock called so I can ask for it by name?

37. Pam Pilgrim on December 6, 2021 at 1:29 pm

Hi, Benj! Excellent tutorial! You taught me a lot. Looks amazing.

38. John McCardell Jr. on December 6, 2021 at 1:32 pm

Thanks for the video. Worked out great for my garden. Thanks dude.

39. jesse dalbec on December 6, 2021 at 1:33 pm

About how much did this cost? Iโ€™m wanting to something very similar and no idea on how to figure up cost

40. Daily Dose Of Dan on December 6, 2021 at 1:33 pm

Great job men!

41. Carlos Novoa Jr. on December 6, 2021 at 1:33 pm

Loved the video! Thanks for sharing

42. Grace Richards on December 6, 2021 at 1:34 pm

I enjoyed this lesson. You guys did such a good job with such ease. Great work. God bless you two.

43. kyle budd on December 6, 2021 at 1:36 pm

Do no build walls like this. At min the base rock long side of stone needs to go front to back of bed not side to side. Voids need to be filled with like the same rock as wall is being built, largest rocks should be used at base, and absolutely never dry stack a wall with out gravel as a back fill.

44. Okanagan Gardener and Forager on December 6, 2021 at 1:37 pm

Great video! Thank you!

45. Vanessa B on December 6, 2021 at 1:37 pm

Looks really beautiful! Great job guys โค๏ธ God bless you!

46. Larry Trujillo on December 6, 2021 at 1:40 pm

What a good video. Thanks!

47. Joe Crowder on December 6, 2021 at 1:42 pm

I love natural stone work .

48. northwestborn on December 6, 2021 at 1:42 pm

Looks so good fellas, job well done! How is Ethan’s Succulent?

49. El Racรณ del Bosc on December 6, 2021 at 1:43 pm

Look at the profile of El Racรณ del Bosc dry stone artisans … thank you.