Building my Vego Garden Raised Bed! And getting free compost from San Francisco

Building my Vego Garden Raised Bed! And getting free compost from San Francisco

A pretty detailed video about the process of building and filling my Vego Garden beds. This is a company that I have loved for a while and I am so happy to show how easy it is to put together. You don’t have to always spend a ton of money filling these beds up with the bed soil possible. Check with your city/town to see if they offer FREE COMPOST. San Francisco does and it’s a great resource. Majority of the bed is filled with the city compost and then topped off with a very nutritious mel’s mix. This is NOT a sponsored video but I am an affiliate. I earn a small commission when anybody uses my code or affiliate link.
————————————–
You can also see me putzing around on Instagram and TikTok
@NaiveUrbanGardener
———————————————
Inquiries:
Naiveurbangardener@gmail.com
——————————————
I’m a Vego Garden partner! The raised beds used in my garden are from them. You can always use my affiliate link to purchase
@Vego Garden – Raised Beds
—————————————–
I use my Go Pro Hero 9 and Sony Alpha a7iii for all filming

1. Inspired Life with Nimfa on December 9, 2021 at 1:19 pm

This looks great! I have a huge container garden on my deck, too. Can’t wait for spring so I can start gardening again. Hoping to plant more vegetables, I love flowers too much! Best! Just sharing a few of my flowers.

2. SG Art Room on December 9, 2021 at 1:22 pm

This is so beautiful ☺️ !!!!
    this is really outstanding … ❤️❤️
    I really appreciate your hard work ☺️
    may God bless you with lots of love and happiness you deserve millions of subscriber 💖
    according to me you are the best youtuber ❣️❣️

dear friend stay connected and stay safe ❤️❤️…
    I’m impressed because you always put all your hard working and effort in your videos which is very good thing,
    keep sharing,you will surely touch the skies ❤️❤️❤️

3. sbayles on December 9, 2021 at 1:24 pm

This is a great help. I have similar beds to put together and now it doesn’t look so daunting. Thanks. Here from The Modern Yeoman. Glad he shouted your channel out.

4. dirtnbeer on December 9, 2021 at 1:28 pm

You need to live in the country somewhere. Ditch that city life 🙂

5. Irene Silva on December 9, 2021 at 1:28 pm

The Modern Yeoman sent me. Subscribed!

6. Zinnia Lady on December 9, 2021 at 1:28 pm

Very nice

7. O'Driscoll Family Homestead Experiment on December 9, 2021 at 1:29 pm

I found your channel via the Yeoman. I really like your video style. I am new to gardening so I’m happy I found you! This was informative but also somehow relaxing 😌😅

8. Koomami High Desert on December 9, 2021 at 1:30 pm

Nice job. Good tip on chicken wire. Have voles here.

9. Bisayang Bolero Official on December 9, 2021 at 1:31 pm

I appreciate your hard work idol I love it God bless

10. ryan Hols on December 9, 2021 at 1:32 pm

Free compost from the streets of San Francisco. I hear there is an APP one can use to find this "Compost" 😆

11. London potager garden on December 9, 2021 at 1:33 pm

I’ve had these beds for over 5 years now and they’re still going strong, actually mine are also 2 foot by 6 foot 😁🌹 happy planting

12. يوميات امانى واخواتها - Amany & sisters on December 9, 2021 at 1:36 pm

Very good👍👍👍👍

13. Rich Garden Life on December 9, 2021 at 1:37 pm

Great job setting it up awesome video just purchased it thanks for the link.

14. Carol Santulis on December 9, 2021 at 1:38 pm

Have you grown any indeterminate heirloom tomatoes in these containers? I’m wondering about spacing since they can grow so large.

15. Wild Ones Homestead on December 9, 2021 at 1:39 pm

I love this! It is going to be so nice! 🙂

16. Joshua Murphy on December 9, 2021 at 1:39 pm

This is a helpful video. Thanks! I personally put down my rabbit fence first and built a raised bed on top of it, when I made one out of block. I think it gives you a bit more security.

17. Sultan Foods on December 9, 2021 at 1:39 pm

Great content sweet sister

18. hemoo kitchen هيمو on December 9, 2021 at 1:40 pm

Good job

19. Peter Turner on December 9, 2021 at 1:42 pm

You may not care but the Vego garden beds are a Chinese knockoff of the original Birdie’s beds. Birdie’s hold the International patents on these and the Chinese have STOLEN their IP. Would you support a company that is in breach of US International patents? The original Birdie’s raised garden beds can ONLY be purchased legally in the US from Kevin Espiritu at Epic Homestead (YouTube). He has the ONLY right to import them into the US.

20. Natural Technologist on December 9, 2021 at 1:42 pm

Excellent work my friend.

21. Indian Food Inspo ID on December 9, 2021 at 1:43 pm

Nice! 👌

22. Life Home and Garden with Ana Rica on December 9, 2021 at 1:43 pm

Free compost! that’s awesome, You did a good job putting it all together.

23. Joe Plantito Vlogs on December 9, 2021 at 1:45 pm

Your new friend watching hoping … thanks also. More imformative videos goodluck my friend

24. Kindness Is Magic on December 9, 2021 at 1:45 pm

Awwww nice one tnx for sharing
    Good job well done new friend here to join u .. see u around

25. Learn To Grow on December 9, 2021 at 1:46 pm

So much fun! Looks great! We love our Vego beds and that’s a great configuration. 💚😀

26. MOJ On Air USA on December 9, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Great info friend

27. The Kraemer Life on December 9, 2021 at 1:51 pm

Great video. Good instructions, easy to follow. I like your editing style as well. New sub, referred by Sean The Modern Yeoman. -Nate

28. Thavy Lor on December 9, 2021 at 1:51 pm

Good job!! I need to learn to garden.

29. Bestyet Journey on December 9, 2021 at 1:53 pm

I WILL BE ADDING BEDS LIKE THIS ONE DAY.

30. Willette Barnes on December 9, 2021 at 1:54 pm

Coupon is not working. I tried to buy three of them and didnt see no place for a coupon.

31. yono penggung on December 9, 2021 at 1:56 pm

salam kenal kak

32. Nancy White on December 9, 2021 at 1:59 pm

I just received my vego garden modules for my yard this month. Trying to decide where to assemble them for permanent placement. I’m in the process of re-landscaping my property.

33. Kathy Crumpacker on December 9, 2021 at 2:00 pm

Where did you get the hoops?

34. Maria Lane on December 9, 2021 at 2:02 pm

What a sweet young lady! I just ordered four 9 in 1 beds from Vego Garden! I can’t wait to get them! Cool video! You’re doing great!

35. Sultan Foods on December 9, 2021 at 2:02 pm

Sweet sister love from Pakistan

36. Erick Vivas on December 9, 2021 at 2:04 pm

WHere did you get the free compost?

37. Bees And Seeds on December 9, 2021 at 2:04 pm

Wheels = brilliant

38. Kharess Cares on December 9, 2021 at 2:05 pm

This is great. Looking forward to planting season. Good job sis

39. Belinda Gray on December 9, 2021 at 2:05 pm

Modern Yeoman sent me over I decided to stay.

40. RB the Garden Nanny, LLC on December 9, 2021 at 2:06 pm

Great tip on getting the free compost! Trust me it will help me doing it this way. 😁 I will do this more often now that I’ve seen this video. You made it very easy to put that together. Thanks for sharing.

41. Giftedhands.gardening on December 9, 2021 at 2:08 pm

That’s so nice! You’ll be able to add more veggies in your garden.

42. Jack Pratley on December 9, 2021 at 2:09 pm

Hi Love the video was a little concerned about the Vego bed but they look great. What is the code I am going to buy 4!

43. Sondra Craig on December 9, 2021 at 2:09 pm

Thanks for making this video! I just found Vego and am going to purchase a few to set up once the fall harvest is over. I have raised beds made with wood (that have fallen apart) and will be downsizing them with the Vego configuration, but I think it will be perfect!

44. Greg Feingold on December 9, 2021 at 2:11 pm

Super helpful video, thank you! Love your channel!

45. Carter Bailey on December 9, 2021 at 2:12 pm

Thank you for making this video! I’m thinking about getting a Vego or Birdies raised bed and this video was very helpful!

46. Eric on December 9, 2021 at 2:12 pm

I heard you say you have a bad aphid problem, too much nitrogen is usually the cause, i.e. compost. My apple did this, fresh compost and beaucoup aphids. Nothing to really do than to just wait, and hope some ladybugs move in, should get better as your soil stabilizes. Way too much time on my hands is how i know. Beds look good, think ill buy some

47. Left IT Behind on December 9, 2021 at 2:13 pm

Nice video. Thank you and happy gardening !!!

48. Kitchen & Bakeshop TV on December 9, 2021 at 2:13 pm

Wow ist amazing your very hardworking mybfriend here my support keep safe

49. DrDisasta on December 9, 2021 at 2:18 pm

I was wondering where people got those. Cool raised bed.

50. Grandpas Lake House - Homestead on December 9, 2021 at 2:18 pm

I can’t believe those big planters fit in that little box. You are a savage for gathering all that compost in boxes. I am curious how many trips it took to fill all those beds. You definitely don’t let anything stop you.