The Best Plant to Propagate to Start a Business or Get Tons of Free Plants!

The Best Plant to Propagate to Start a Business or Get Tons of Free Plants!

Have you ever wanted to start a business or had the need for free plants? In this video I will be discussing how to propagate basil to make huge returns on your investment, or just to make tons of free plants for your garden. Check out our new clothing line! http:www.freshpickedapparel.com

1. never stop grinding on December 10, 2021 at 1:16 pm

I am one of the few people who is in the process of growing basil and want to start a business. However, it seems like the shipping is high cost? I want to sell the plants in early stage. What do you do about high shipping costs? I feel defeated at this moment.

2. Nun YaBeezwax on December 10, 2021 at 1:19 pm

Once rooted, can the hydroponic cube be planted directly into soil? I know nothing about hydroponics but find it fascinating.

3. Joshua Bamberg on December 10, 2021 at 1:20 pm

You dont need to buy pots u can recycle milk bottles and other bottles from your kitchen. Just cut off the top

4. Blinger on December 10, 2021 at 1:21 pm

Great video. Though I was a newbie, I made my first million investing with a broker from a reputable firm . forex needs your time and if you wish to pay attention to other things in your life I advice you invest with a licensed broker/expert, Thanks to Mrs. Rafaella Martinez she is the best .

5. Diego and Food on December 10, 2021 at 1:22 pm

Started thinking of growing and selling edible plants Dec.2020 but had no idea where to start but this definitely has been super helpful. Are there other plants you recommend growing???

6. jmonge1 on December 10, 2021 at 1:22 pm

7. Gardening in Kentucky on December 10, 2021 at 1:24 pm

Great information! I will try to add basil to the seedlings that I’m selling.

8. Peter Vandall on December 10, 2021 at 1:25 pm

Love this information. But I’ve been reading that you can get into trouble if you propagate plants that are patented. If for example that basil plant you bought at the big box store was a Burpee plant, isn’t that a problem? I want to start a side business doing just this but want to make sure I’m doing the right thing.

9. YouTube Slave on December 10, 2021 at 1:26 pm

Question: don’t the ag companies copyright varieties of seeds and vegetables or something?

10. Rebecca Jones on December 10, 2021 at 1:26 pm

Lol don’t worry about the market being flooded. Most of my basil is fed to my pet rabbits. ❤🐇

11. chrislan stelly on December 10, 2021 at 1:26 pm

Cool deal I already have basil so this is a good tip money has been tight so always looking for ways to save up

12. Anthony Gomes on December 10, 2021 at 1:27 pm

💲💯

13. OldFartGardener on December 10, 2021 at 1:27 pm

I use those Jello snack containers for 2 1/2" pots…just poke 3 holes in the bottom for drainage.

14. Misty Fisher on December 10, 2021 at 1:28 pm

I sell plants and produce every year for a side business. I took the last two years off because I went back to school and was too busy. I plan on selling produce this year and will start selling plants again next year. I enjoy it!

15. flatsville1 on December 10, 2021 at 1:29 pm

I suggest anyone who contemplates a market garden biz watch the journey of this couple. They have been at this for at least a couple of years, work their asses off & just this past season hit 10k (Canadian) in gross sales earning them official "farm" status. They are just breaking even. Their produce & flowers are top of the line. The Sat market takes two days of solid work to pull off & it’s not enough. They are adding a Sunday market.

You Can’t Eat the Grass

16. Isaac Moorvitch on December 10, 2021 at 1:30 pm

How long do you keep them in water and in the dark?

17. Chase Davidson on December 10, 2021 at 1:31 pm

Im planning to start a backyard nursery this summer. I’m focussing on annuals right now but hoping to sell trees in a few years when they’re bigger. Definitely been thinking about herbs so good to know basil so easy and popular

18. Liz Silver on December 10, 2021 at 1:32 pm

You mention putting the cuttings in a dark place, to avoid stressing them out. Should they stay in that dark location until they root, or for a shorter time? Thanks for all the terrific videos!

19. Larry Henry on December 10, 2021 at 1:35 pm

Big Beefy Girl LOL

20. Spice Pope on December 10, 2021 at 1:36 pm

Basil may be great

But I have oregano and rosemary and parsley up
    the wazoo and hoping to sell come spring!

21. Claudia M V on December 10, 2021 at 1:37 pm

Thank you for a great video!!

22. Lori Caldwell on December 10, 2021 at 1:40 pm

I’d love to know how to sell plants online!!!

23. Rebecca Jones on December 10, 2021 at 1:41 pm

I am going to try this again. When I propagated last time, the cuttings got fungus gnats after I potted them.

24. Manmeet Kaur on December 10, 2021 at 1:42 pm

From last year i propagated a lot of snake plant
    Like snake plant is in my every pot so now I’m thinking to sell them

25. Brittany Powers on December 10, 2021 at 1:45 pm

I can’t keep basil alive

26. Xo_ Xo on December 10, 2021 at 1:45 pm

I would also suggest, when propagating ANY herb or plant, to chop off all but the TOP 4-6 (baby’s sprouting included) that way your plant isn’t focused on trying to provide for the ‘sucker-like’ larger leaves and it will focus on rooting, as some plants will go through some shock after being cut. Not all, some.)

27. J Perr on December 10, 2021 at 1:46 pm

LOL

28. Laura Baker on December 10, 2021 at 1:46 pm

I’m just starting to sell plants from home. This is perfect timing! And I have a basil plant that needs trimming back anyway. This is a God thing for sure. Thank you so much:)

29. Larry McBrayer on December 10, 2021 at 1:46 pm

Love your videos

30. Bonnie Lacey on December 10, 2021 at 1:47 pm

You never mentioned how long you should leave it in the water. Long enough to get a good root on it?

31. Xo_ Xo on December 10, 2021 at 1:47 pm

I’d just like to add 1 thing…

Now, I totally understand thst not everyone shares the same beliefs, pov’s, ethical principals, BUT- I foubd, (rather quickly) that using rockwool, is VERY expensive seeings how it can ONLY BE used ONCE, then has to be thrown out.
    Granted, yes it’s a rock, but only using it once, creates an issue for those on a budget or with tight budgets.

Purchasing a variety of *raw* materials, SEPERATELY, will GUARANTEE you HEAPS more bang for your buck, than you’d have spending $20-$40 on any garden / department store top soils.
    Which wont go much father than a 3-pot-garden. (the reccomended / required amount of soil to *properly* grow *VEGGIES* anyways, herb roots dont *NEED* nearly as much space as veggies do)

RAW materials:
    ○ Perlite
    ○ Vermiculite
    ○ Peat / Sphagnum Moss
    ○ Compost (organic of your choice)
    ○ Calcium / Limestone (always good to have as you’ll 110% come across a veggie you may want to plant later down the road- a few herbs benefit from extra calcium as well)

Just wanted to give a heads up for those on budgets.
    You’re welcome.

32. PoleGem on December 10, 2021 at 1:49 pm

I have a lovely front garden built on propagation I learned on "Mike Kincaid " channel. Neighbors would stop and admire and I’d say , I can dig and pot u one for 7 or 8 bucks. Meanwhile 3 pallets going, (sold-waiting to be sold n growing….) inside the fence. Now people stop n place orders n chat n ask for advice. My share is…..besides propagation of basil…..try petunias n Hydrangea, they are super easy to start n crazy popular. But if I had to pick 1…. sell vines u start from seed… they grow tall quickly nww have high perceived value if only on teepee trellis u make from sticks u can get 20-35 all day long.

33. Bravo 6 Gardener on December 10, 2021 at 1:53 pm

Great video, Luke you are an amazing human being and you are actually a huge part of my inspiration for starting my own gardening channel, thank you for all of your content!!

34. Puget Sound Garden Life on December 10, 2021 at 1:54 pm

Great video! Had these "mother" plants been under indoor lights for the winter?

35. IceWater Productions on December 10, 2021 at 1:55 pm

He’s telling the truth. I had no experience growing basil. Last year i bought one plant and two months later I had 15 plants. This was all for fun. Now think about if you started with 25 plants times $$$. Use your second grade math skills.

36. GT MKIV on December 10, 2021 at 1:56 pm

Great video, very encouraging, I thank you for your time!

37. Austin Webster on December 10, 2021 at 1:59 pm

Should I sell cuttings or should I plant the cuttings first and then sell. What’s more valuable?

38. Yellow Jones on December 10, 2021 at 1:59 pm

Thanks

39. John Seipp on December 10, 2021 at 2:01 pm

. So…, Do they root right there in the water or are you supposed to dip them in honey and then plant them?

40. Amalia MdRBarbieri on December 10, 2021 at 2:01 pm

Thank you!

41. Jennifree’s journey on December 10, 2021 at 2:03 pm

I’ve been buying shelving and seed and pots and growing media and h202 for the last year spending 100-200 per month I have
    My first farmers market hopefully in March unless we are snowed out I’ve had to use my overdraft in from the bank hoping to get enough to get my attic floored for my new growing room where at the moment I’m growing in my living space and my bedroom has been repurposes as a green room. I’m in Scotland so have a short growing season with it seems now a lot of wind and storms. What happens if you take cuttings from an F1 hybrid

42. Dominic Jackson on December 10, 2021 at 2:05 pm

clear concise just what I wanted thank you

43. Monica Ar on December 10, 2021 at 2:05 pm

I wish I can get seeds. I love catus and a variety of plants.

44. Larry Henry on December 10, 2021 at 2:08 pm

Just started garden business I am growing hot peppers I can grow them really well from seed.

45. flatsville1 on December 10, 2021 at 2:08 pm

A much better strategy to beginning a plant start biz than baking under a pop-up at a farmers market (equip, transport, app & rental fee costs & biz liscensing issues?) with a table full of tomato & basil plants only.

Watch "Make $500 Selling Garden Vegetable Plants at a Yard Sale: Starting 7 Great Herbs Indoors – Part 1of4" on YouTube https://youtu.be/7hegp3hqTms

46. Overgrow Solutions on December 10, 2021 at 2:08 pm

Propagation is access to abundance. Use what you know and grow from there 🙂

47. Darren Murray on December 10, 2021 at 2:09 pm

Not only a mother plant; my supermarket has no living plants, so I bought some cut fresh basil and popped the steps into water. A week later I had at least 5 rooted mini plants ready to go.

48. jksatte on December 10, 2021 at 2:09 pm

I really did enjoy this episode. It’s definitely food for thought. Janice

49. thevegancoolie on December 10, 2021 at 2:09 pm

Hey, do you know if you need a permit/license to sell plants?

50. M H on December 10, 2021 at 2:10 pm

Add some hydrogen peroxide to the water…