Vegetable Garden Tour with a Walk through of the Fruit Orchard | Edible Plants

Vegetable Garden Tour with a Walk through of the Fruit Orchard | Edible Plants

Join me on a vegetable garden tour at my place and a walk through of the fruit orchard. I’ve been hearing people say that they love the landscaping videos but they prefer edible plants and fruit producing plants. Well, I thought I’d do a little tour of the edible plants we’ve got growing around here in our garden.

Chicken Coop Build Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpmpssr45yfOn_6wwJmxF9QziomsG673Y

Go to the website: https://propagateplantslikeapro.com
Check out my Wife’s Channel: https://bit.ly/3hfX8fk

Heavy Duty Heat Mat: https://amzn.to/3hyTAoV

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mike.kincaid
Propagation Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/346884795717132/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kincaidsnursery
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kincaidmj

1. Pratik diyora on December 15, 2021 at 1:34 pm

Beautiful garden 😍I saw a lot of plants and trees that I had never seen before.👍 Like apple tree, pear tree. This is wonderful botany class.

2. Alyssa Peters on December 15, 2021 at 1:36 pm

Mike, I had just remembered that i watched this the other day about blueberries. Maybe it will help? Have you tested the soil on the other blueberries? I’ve noticed in my hydrangea bed that all 3 plants were blue last year.. This year, even though they’re planted beside one another, the 2 on the left had pink and purple Blooms. I think the acidity and Kaleb had some tips with the blueberries, which the acidity is one of them. Check it out. https://youtu.be/sPqsuRvecwE. Loved the walk through the orchard, I had not seen it before! You have some great tips! And don’t hit your head on that petunia basket!

3. Dawna Adams on December 15, 2021 at 1:39 pm

Hey mike where did you purchase your espadrille trees at? I’ve been looking for them😊 and also can you propagate climbing roses? If yes is it the same process as regular roses? Thanks so much for sharing your garden and knowledge with us ☺️

4. Wade Brinson on December 15, 2021 at 1:39 pm

Really enjoyed seeing your veggies, Mike! After all, we all eat! You could get some bird netting and cover that garden, then throw 3-4 dozen Quail in there. They would keep up with the insects, give you eggs, and they make a fine meal also! Just a thought!
    Thanks,
    Wade

5. Nate The Barbarian on December 15, 2021 at 1:40 pm

Mike a little insight on burlap nursery’s.

Our plants are pot grown. Not grown in the ground and are not ripped up and thrown into a burlap sack or a pot just to sell them. Those one will not grow as fast due to root damage and shock. They only get 33% of the roots when they do that. That stuns the plants and makes them have to go through a period where all they do is work on re rooting.

Just a funny little bit of info.

6. Joel Wheat on December 15, 2021 at 1:40 pm

How did your garden and greenhouse plants do during the heatwave?

7. AtmozFear on December 15, 2021 at 1:42 pm

You’re using acidic soil for blueberries and strawberries, correct?

8. Peter Gilfillan on December 15, 2021 at 1:43 pm

Mike, I love your positive Energy & Enthusiasm. Love your videos. very inspiring. Cheers from Melbourne, Australia : )

9. Rourke Hiland on December 15, 2021 at 1:44 pm

Always beautiful the see your property Mike….of course the chickens stole the show!!!!!!..lol

10. lee22822 on December 15, 2021 at 1:44 pm

Thank you mike for inviting me for a walk through the beautiful property, so peaceful without Johnny screaming in the background ( I think that was the roosters name)

11. James Casey on December 15, 2021 at 1:45 pm

I am curious Mike as to how many acres you have there? I love plants; I love growing; I love trees; and of more recent I’ve Ioved plant propagation.
    I find your background and family interesting as well.
    I look forward to the continuation of your "green-thumb" exploits. Have a good day!

12. Leena Björk on December 15, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Kudos to Shelly for the constant upkeep with your constant expansion. 😆

13. Carol Such on December 15, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Hi Mike
    Love your garden and how you’re using it. No use in growing foods that you don’t eat, like more videos like that please.
    I’m harvesting my blackcurrants at the moment. Got red and pinkcurrants as well but they’re later as long as the birds don’t get them first.ha ha.
    Carol.

14. Horticultureandhomes on December 15, 2021 at 1:49 pm

Blueberries – B&B plants need fert and micronutrients. Feed spring and again midcsummer. What is soil pH in that row? pH can change dramatically within a few feet.

15. Deck Chair on the Titanic on December 15, 2021 at 1:49 pm

I make homemade sauerkraut from autumn through spring – one of my favorite things. Just finished my last jar until fall. You should show us your crock sometime. Thanks for sharing your beautiful garden.

16. Lady Thyme on December 15, 2021 at 1:50 pm

Love the informality of your veggies… yes only plant what you prefer to eat and use… makes total sense.

17. 2 Birds, 1 Stone, Backyard Gardening and Living on December 15, 2021 at 1:52 pm

Living the good life!

18. Harvest Enthusiast on December 15, 2021 at 1:52 pm

Yay! Veggies 💖💖💖💖💖😍

19. Jennifer Roberts on December 15, 2021 at 1:53 pm

Great video! I’ll have to check out the chicken coop build…. Yes! more of the edible videos, please!

20. Dee's Yard on December 15, 2021 at 1:54 pm

This was a treat! Thanks for sharing!!

21. Practical Gardening on December 15, 2021 at 1:57 pm

Could almost be crime to have a fence without some grapes or berries growing with it.

22. James Craig on December 15, 2021 at 1:57 pm

Hey Mike what kind of grape trellis are you using in terms of dimensions? I have a grape row planted and have been struggling to figure out what style to use here in the PNW. As always love your videos and appreciate your advice.

23. Crochet by Missy Doak on December 15, 2021 at 2:01 pm

I’m happy to see a garden with weeds like mine. Lol.

24. Mrs Green Thumb on December 15, 2021 at 2:01 pm

Really enjoying the tour. Wish I had a spot to grow grapes. I grow thornberries and many have never heard of them. They produce alot of berries and taste similar to raspberries.

25. Kieran Sandford on December 15, 2021 at 2:03 pm

Do more of these!! Videos!

26. Pratik diyora on December 15, 2021 at 2:06 pm

That landscape garden looks like golf course 🤩.

27. dean platz on December 15, 2021 at 2:06 pm

Nice Mike, enjoyed the tour. Y’all sure got a lot going on.

28. Greenrock Garden on December 15, 2021 at 2:07 pm

Love your property!

29. Angela Angela on December 15, 2021 at 2:08 pm

Good morning Mike,
    I have a question for you please. I have such horrible hard soil it is clay, so difficult to work it. What do you suggest that I can add to this ground to make it more workable. My flowers are doing OK, l lost some too, it gets expensive to replace them. Please help me with this issue. Thank you so much. 😊
    Your place is magnificent ❗ ❤️ ‼️🌹

30. David Button on December 15, 2021 at 2:09 pm

Have you ever seen blueberry growing in the wild like when I walk along the railroad 🛤 I see apple trees every 400 meters must have been the train driver tossing the core out these apples 🍏 never have grubs in them just growing wild when you put them in the home garden Damm full of grubs little suckers later bubby⭐️

31. S V on December 15, 2021 at 2:09 pm

Do you still pee on your plants?

32. David McClellan on December 15, 2021 at 2:10 pm

MIKE YOU ON AGROWS TOMATOES PLANTS THAT HELPS IT LOVE DAVID

33. R.C. CRAY-Z on December 15, 2021 at 2:12 pm

I was just going to ask You about the celery again🤣😂 glad to hear it’s still kicking!

34. Katherine Cornette on December 15, 2021 at 2:14 pm

Dream garden! Chickens next to vegetable garden is great idea.

35. Jim Ham on December 15, 2021 at 2:14 pm

Yes Mike. These are the best Raspberries I have ever had. Thank you again for them. As always I will keep you updated on them..
    Once I get home Thursday I will do a new video for you and put it on my YouTube Channel…

36. Teresa Delgado on December 15, 2021 at 2:15 pm

One thing that I love when I see your videos is the energy, and enthusiasm that you put on them. I thank for all of them. Your farm is very pretty and is exciting to see the fruit of your labor. Is good to be young and have all those plans. Keep it going and have fun.

37. Julie C on December 15, 2021 at 2:16 pm

Have you had any problems with worms in your berries & how did you deal with it? We finally gave up this year, decided to cut the raspberries way back and take a year off, hoping to interrupt the worm’s cycle. They are an everbearing variety, too, and I’ve read that worms really like the everbearing ones, because they can cycle through (worm to fly) over & over & over. How do you beat them?

38. Anthony Gossop on December 15, 2021 at 2:19 pm

You have so much space, I’m jealous. I got a small plot of land this year about 11m X 7m and want to plant some apple trees. Do you remember what class of dwarf tree they are or the root stock? How many meters do you have between the trees?

39. David McClellan on December 15, 2021 at 2:19 pm

I HAD FUN ON MY BIRTHDAY JULY 3RD I WENT TO SEE FIREWORKS MY TOMATOES DOING LOT BETTER NOW FLOWER ON MY TOMATOES BUDS LOVE DAVID

40. Imelda FarmBackyard on December 15, 2021 at 2:19 pm

🧚🏻‍♀️wowwww

41. Green Thumbelina on December 15, 2021 at 2:19 pm

Mike, thanks for giving us a garden, orchard, and chicken coup tour! I really enjoyed seeing all of it, but please include the creekbed and pond area that you’re working on in the next one. Pretty please! As far as I’m concerned, you can video anything you want to, and I’d still give you a thumbs up before I watch it, like I always do! Your propagation videos are the best ones on YT! I hope you and your sweet family have a safe and healthy summer. ~Margie

42. carmine petracca on December 15, 2021 at 2:20 pm

that’s a lot of work keeping everything growing. no wonder you guys look so healthy y’all eating the right foods. i don’t know how ya do it mike. well, when i was young, i used to do it on a smaller scale. i think you will be ready for anything that may happen. a very nice video mike. you guys are all prepped up. cp.

43. Roy Hughes on December 15, 2021 at 2:21 pm

Dude, you just amaze me on how many things you have going on all at the same freaking time!!! I assume you do this all by yourself but truthfully, I don’t know HOW you are managing it. Are there like…. 3 of you?????

44. Marcia Hofer on December 15, 2021 at 2:22 pm

Hi Mike! I loved your video showing all your projects. Everything looks so nice. I am still recouping from my surgeries, so I couldn’t have my gardens like usual. Hopefully, next year. I enjoyed seeing your garden. I hope to be able to do a little canning next year also. I intentionally grew too much for us to use so that I could share with friends, family, neighbors and Seniors. I will miss that this year. You have a beautiful garden! Thanks for the tour! Lots of hard work, but fun too!

45. Margaret C Kamaka on December 15, 2021 at 2:23 pm

So enjoyable to watch Thank you🇺🇸🍍🌴🤙🏽❤️🌺Aloha

46. Backcountry Homestead on December 15, 2021 at 2:23 pm

Peaceful I love your channel. Thank you for keeping it real with the weeding. It’s an everyday thing to do and some of us just don’t have that much free time. Your garden looking amazing I don’t see many holes in your plants from bugs! Some of Mine are being eaten faster then they can grow, but that’s Mother Nature. God Bless!

47. Sally Eblen on December 15, 2021 at 2:26 pm

Beautiful garden. I used leaves and grass clippings ,but still have weeds too. I wish I had chickens.
    God bless your family

48. Michele Lara on December 15, 2021 at 2:27 pm

Dude, I can’t believe you’re 42? Do you and your wife have a strict diet? Y’all look great 👍 w have a 3 year old and wanna be healthy and strong for her too… and if we can look young too that’s a bonus!

49. Ben Neb on December 15, 2021 at 2:27 pm

you know im scopin those green giants in the hoop! and man those privets have exploded! crazy.

50. GK on December 15, 2021 at 2:31 pm

Fantastic Garden!!! Super good job!