The Best Repotting Method, Hands-Down!

The Best Repotting Method, Hands-Down!

There are many ways to repot a plant, but I can show you my favorite tricks to help you grow larger and healthier houseplants!

In this video I give you a few tips to help your grow fuller and healthier plants! How do you know when to transplant? Which indoor plants can handle being root bound? How do you transplant a smaller plant with a cutting from a larger plant? I answer these questions and more about how to repot and up-pot housplants in this video.

Thank you all for watching and for subscribing!!!

We are constantly adding more varieties of indoor plants to https://planterina.com/ so please check them out!

And please enter your email at planterina.com for up-to-the-minute info on new houseplant arrivals and discount codes! https://planterina.com/pages/landing-green-up

1. Sreekanth k on December 16, 2021 at 1:44 pm

Hi Is there no need to add any soil to the indoor potting mix?

2. Annie Emm on December 16, 2021 at 1:47 pm

I think you’re the prettiest flower in your collection <3 I love your hair and your naturally pretty face

3. Abdulla Abdul on December 16, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Hai I am from India ur great how to make perfect soil mix for indoor plants

4. patti m on December 16, 2021 at 1:48 pm

We call it "pot bound", but same thing

5. B C on December 16, 2021 at 1:51 pm

Great video! Just what I needed. I just bought a mini monster, but I’ve got adansonii that I need to repot. 😎👍🏼

6. Mollie Helena on December 16, 2021 at 1:53 pm

io transferd a 4 cm pot to a 18 cm pot right after i got it …………..

7. Matthew Fajardo on December 16, 2021 at 1:54 pm

I know I’m being immature , but looking at her plants always beaming and healthy and root bound makes me just want to give up on plants lol ugh mine never look like that

8. Emily Heiman Pruzanski on December 16, 2021 at 1:55 pm

So, I soaked my monstera before repotting, about 8-9 days ago. Is it normal for the soil to still be quite damp in the center, where the old soil is? It’s also still pretty damp near the drainage hole. I don’t want the roots to rot 🥺

9. Jane Gibson on December 16, 2021 at 1:55 pm

laughing …. I had to come and look because it looked like you were putting the plant in the toilet bowel

10. Kristina L on December 16, 2021 at 1:56 pm

Hi! How come you replanted from plastic into another plastic pot? Why not straight into the white pot? New to this.

11. Aleksandra S on December 16, 2021 at 1:56 pm

I love tetrasperma I have one big in my house ! 😍😍😍

12. milly poveda on December 16, 2021 at 1:57 pm

Hi iam trying to open a plant shop by my town I need you help with everything the you can I hope I can write you and ask you questions if is posible thank you

13. Rona P on December 16, 2021 at 1:57 pm

This is like doing yoga. lol! Soak it in , let it get in the middle…hahahahah

14. Aya Mohamed on December 16, 2021 at 1:57 pm

I love all your videos. Watching from here in Doha, Qatar❤️❤️❤️❤️

15. Pamela Denish on December 16, 2021 at 2:05 pm

I recently repotted a monstera. I think I put it in too big of a pot (4" to 10"), but it seems to be doing well. It’s put off 2 new leaves in the past 1-2months. Should I repot it into a smaller pot, or just be very careful with watering it?

16. Jodie Carter Maryland on December 16, 2021 at 2:06 pm

U got traffickers on your channel…unacceptable

17. Caitlynn on December 16, 2021 at 2:08 pm

The method of leaving the root ball intact is especially perfect in this instance since you’re adding cuttings, you can add them without disturbing the bigger plant’s roots! Thanks so much for this video, Planterina!

18. Poo on December 16, 2021 at 2:08 pm

No sounds

19. Larissa Medeiros on December 16, 2021 at 2:09 pm

You are amazing!!!!

20. Matt Ribera on December 16, 2021 at 2:09 pm

Very good video. Basic but important info.

Sometimes I find with certain plants a deeper pot (vs wider) is better since tap roots like to go down

21. Patti Hume on December 16, 2021 at 2:10 pm

Great show. Thank you

22. Brea McKinnon on December 16, 2021 at 2:11 pm

So does the depth of the pot matter? I bought a beautiful pot to transplant my ZZ plant but now I’m afraid its too deep for the plant.

23. Butters Luv on December 16, 2021 at 2:13 pm

Damn I really just killed my monsters yesterday then huh?

24. Breeze Bye on December 16, 2021 at 2:18 pm

My plants are in a large pot and the roots are coming to the top but the plant itself is very small do I need to replant it in a smaller put or put new soil it’s been in the same soil for many years?

25. Toshley on December 16, 2021 at 2:20 pm

My mom has this 30 year old pothos with three 6-foot long vines that were hanging on by a single root. It was still in its original 8 inch pot that had been knocked over several times, so the bottom 2/3 of the pot had no dirt in it. Basically just a pancake of roots that fit into the pot like a lid.

I used your advice to repot it into a bigger pot. Also took some of the bald spots on the vines and looped them back over the top and pinned them down, cut one of the longer vines into a few more cuttings, and stuck them back into the pot.

It’s been a few months since I did that, and it’s actually starting to look pretty good!

26. SassyL62 on December 16, 2021 at 2:22 pm

favorite plant Youtuber 😻

27. Mary Black on December 16, 2021 at 2:22 pm

When does pothos bounce back from transplant shock

28. My Indigenous Lifestyle on December 16, 2021 at 2:23 pm

Thanks for the tips, this really help!

29. kapaluatime on December 16, 2021 at 2:24 pm

As always, good one Amanda.

30. Deb ORC on December 16, 2021 at 2:24 pm

Saw a story about heavenly bamboo that has flowers that are deadly to song birds. Do you have one? It would be an interesting video.

31. Claudz on December 16, 2021 at 2:27 pm

Damn I just reported all of my plants and I did not do any of this.

Fingers crossed they are okay

32. nadooncheh60 on December 16, 2021 at 2:28 pm

That was useful . I was about to repotting my 2 tiny plants from small pot to huge pot. I thought all I need to add soil to adjust the level . So If I add multi small plant in one big pot, will it kill it?

33. Sacha P on December 16, 2021 at 2:28 pm

Love your videos 💐🌸🌷💮🏵🌺🌻

34. Nici S. on December 16, 2021 at 2:30 pm

Is this repotting method for every houseplant? I’m a little worried it might be too much moisture for succulents, bird of paradise plant and so on. Some of my plants seem to not like a lot of water, or can’t handle very wet soil. Or should it be fine? I often hear you’re supposed to water your repotted plants pretty good, but often it was too much for mine. All the best and thanks for every answer! Love your channel.

35. Ilaria on December 16, 2021 at 2:32 pm

Great hack!!!! I’m thrilled to try it!!!!!!!!

36. Vanessa Pina on December 16, 2021 at 2:33 pm

I tried this with my baby snake plant, but when i removed it from the water it took all the roots along with it 😓 did i over soak it? Maybe the roots were already damaged?

37. Vittoria Bakes on December 16, 2021 at 2:33 pm

Can you do this with herb plants as well? Also could I go from the 4" pot it comes in to an 8" pot, or do I have to slowly step up the size? I’ve never heard of this before.

38. Freeze Flavors on December 16, 2021 at 2:34 pm

Love your videos so much and Thank you for all the amazing advice!!

39. Karan Ent on December 16, 2021 at 2:35 pm

Thank you for sharing, nice your video my friends 👍

40. Gavino Garcia on December 16, 2021 at 2:35 pm

Taking notes ✍️ 😃👌

41. Sandra Love on December 16, 2021 at 2:39 pm

It seems easy enough to do so I shall try. Thanks for the info Amanda.

42. Mariah Kist on December 16, 2021 at 2:39 pm

Thank you for this video! I always thought you had to break up the "root ball" to let the plant breathe. Very helpful tips on re-potting! 😊

43. Lisa Becker on December 16, 2021 at 2:41 pm

OMG this lady just keeps it so real.

44. npans1 on December 16, 2021 at 2:42 pm

When is it recommended to change the soil rather than put the entire root ball in the soil?
    It’s been my practice to remove the old soil and repot with new soil. No issues except for the Philodendron brasil. Now I’ve nervous to repot the pothos that I recently purchased from Lowe’s. Help

45. M3l Rose on December 16, 2021 at 2:42 pm

Yes this is exactly what I’m going to do with my pothos

46. Lucia Seacreature on December 16, 2021 at 2:42 pm

question is what is point of repotting the first plant if you are crowding the pot with not just one more but several plants ? that seems uncomfortable for all the plants involved.

47. Masuda Mmotaj on December 16, 2021 at 2:43 pm

Love your videos❤️❤️❤️

48. Day Dreamer on December 16, 2021 at 2:43 pm

do you have a video on what to do if the plant is root bound but I do not want to repot it to a bigger pot/grow it bigger?

49. David Lenz on December 16, 2021 at 2:43 pm

Pls do a video on how to kill myself :^)

50. Yoe Harper on December 16, 2021 at 2:43 pm

I repotted my philodendron moonlight and there are some roots out of the soil. What should I do?