Setting up Raised Beds // Garden Answer

Packages/Fan Mail
Garden Answer
580 S Oregon St
Ontario, Oregon 97914

Brands we partner with:

1. Crabby Resister on December 20, 2021 at 2:23 pm

Are those Cyprus trees around the perimeter? Look so pretty!

2. PriscillaReads on December 20, 2021 at 2:23 pm

Oh i just noticed these raised beds are different than what you have now!

3. Lenie Arthur on December 20, 2021 at 2:25 pm

Where you buy the garden beds.

4. wt30001 on December 20, 2021 at 2:25 pm

Where did you say you bought these. Up I need some of these

5. Aledwina Townsend on December 20, 2021 at 2:26 pm

In the middle what about a fountain dedicated to pollinators. Like a flower fountain. I absolutely love watching your show. You inspire me.

6. Beth Hubbs on December 20, 2021 at 2:26 pm

In just a few years you’ll have little tiny hands helping you to plant seeds and plants (or digging up what you just planted, on occasion) and you will have so much fun gardening with your little one. πŸ™‚

7. Nyiesha Byers on December 20, 2021 at 2:26 pm

Is it okay to have rocks inside a new raised bed and then soil?

8. Jaime Tuazon on December 20, 2021 at 2:29 pm

I love planting too but our backyard is so small that it could only fit 2 plants..smh

9. Judd Benally on December 20, 2021 at 2:29 pm

Where did you order the beds from?.

10. Joyce Tallmadge on December 20, 2021 at 2:31 pm

Just FYI – your links don’t work.

11. Nanette Lai on December 20, 2021 at 2:32 pm

I love the editing and time lapses.

12. Achacon Kids on December 20, 2021 at 2:32 pm

Question about deers! How do you manage to keep the deer out of your vegetable garden? Are there no deers around?

13. Lisa C. Norman on December 20, 2021 at 2:32 pm

what did you put down before the beds it looks like sand and a light dirt??

14. normaj39ami on December 20, 2021 at 2:35 pm

Where did you order them from? Did the brackets come with them?

15. OAKSkiers on December 20, 2021 at 2:36 pm

Maybe a table with a couple of chairs and sink for washing vegetables in the center.

16. Charlotte Freeman on December 20, 2021 at 2:37 pm

Hi! I Love your Garden Layout. How big is it?

17. Liz Rainey on December 20, 2021 at 2:41 pm

Look at the baby arborvitaes!!!! I love watching your old videos just to see the growth of everything!

18. Nicole Favreau on December 20, 2021 at 2:42 pm

I can’t believe how far you have come to your videos currently from this! You guys are amazing 😍

19. mooveegal on December 20, 2021 at 2:43 pm

Would the hedge when grown (10-12 ft tall) block hours of sun from veggies garden?

20. Jim Klaiber on December 20, 2021 at 2:43 pm

This would be a cool star shaped raised bed for the center of your L shaped beds.

21. Theresa Harney on December 20, 2021 at 2:45 pm

In this video what is your base? It appears similar to gravel?

22. Laura Duchek on December 20, 2021 at 2:47 pm

such a a smart system

23. Fridom Snowbird on December 20, 2021 at 2:47 pm

These are not raised beds! These are planter boxes filled with dirt.
    Double digging (French Intensive) is used to raise the dirt in your garden.

24. Sandra Dee on December 20, 2021 at 2:47 pm

Awesome!!!

25. Roy Ormonde on December 20, 2021 at 2:49 pm

I don’t get it, I just watched your walk through of this exact garden 3 years from this date and there’s differently made raised planters in it. So these planters here only lasted a couple years?

26. SAM Taylor on December 20, 2021 at 2:51 pm

You have time to camp???? You go lady bug!

27. Nancy Halvorson on December 20, 2021 at 2:54 pm

Curious about the base you’re using before adding the raised bed boxes. Is that the color of the soil there or is it a layer of sand or something for better drainage? I’ve already watched ahead and see that you actually used wider/taller boards over these, which is what I plan on doing.

28. Forbidden User on December 20, 2021 at 2:55 pm

Sheesh, she sure does love to hear herself talk huh? Poor guy.. Her husband probably doesn’t get a word in edgewise other than "Yes Dear, Sure Honey, Whatever you say you precious.."

29. Kathy Montoya on December 20, 2021 at 2:56 pm

My first thought when you mentioned camping was "how the heck do they have time to go camping??? Lol! I want to be you when I grow up! lol! Great information, once again. Your joy and inspiration is contagious!

30. Tammy Hensley on December 20, 2021 at 2:56 pm

What is the prep for your garden flour? Stripped sod then place raised bed and then gravel?

31. Star's Embroidery on December 20, 2021 at 2:56 pm

If I were you I would have make the whole area transfer to garden ,in my opinion its too expencive .

32. Alexis Severson on December 20, 2021 at 2:57 pm

Thank you for all the gardening videos. Wanted to inform you that the links for Kit.com no longer work. These links you guys include are always so helpful especially as im getting ready to choose a soil!

33. Darya Patsionko on December 20, 2021 at 2:57 pm

So beautiful place! This is the first variant? As far as I know, now it looks different? Another construction?

34. TheSoloAsylum on December 20, 2021 at 2:59 pm

So you have like $1500 worth of raised beds there

35. Je Zori on December 20, 2021 at 3:00 pm

Can’t wait to see how your veggie garden turns out… waiting with baited breath πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

36. That Gardener on December 20, 2021 at 3:02 pm

Nice video learned how to make bed – was quite scared on how to do it.

37. Katharine Odlum on December 20, 2021 at 3:08 pm

Hey! I’ve loved seeing the progress on this! So exciting. Can’t wait to see the next steps πŸ™‚

38. Xuan Qin on December 20, 2021 at 3:09 pm

Just curious: why are those raised beds looking different from your recent videos?? The recent ones you show don’t have the corner brackets and the board ends are 45 degree angled? Just wondering if they are the same in this video you’ve show?…

39. Lion Nittam Chauhan PMJF on December 20, 2021 at 3:10 pm

Very good Vegetable Gardening Idea Thank You So Much

40. ananas.and.bananas on December 20, 2021 at 3:10 pm

I really like the layout, especially the idea of a pretty center piece. Can’t wait to see them in full production!

41. Jessica X on December 20, 2021 at 3:13 pm

I’m rewatching this video and it makes me sad that Dexter is gone πŸ™

42. The Gardenettes on December 20, 2021 at 3:13 pm

Yay! So excited that you’ve got your long awaited veggie beds in πŸ™‚ Just think now your bubba will be able to eat fresh home grown produce.

43. Deborah Pellerito on December 20, 2021 at 3:14 pm

My boxwoods are brown in the middle and green on the outside I’m trying to find out what to do

44. M on December 20, 2021 at 3:16 pm

You have wonderful taste even in the choice of paint for your barn. Love it! GOALS!!!

45. John Grace on December 20, 2021 at 3:17 pm

These don’t work for deep rooted plants correct?

46. BARBARA WHEELHOUSE on December 20, 2021 at 3:17 pm

As a senior gardener Love raised beds! Easy to maintain. Used Home Depot lumber Did not survived weather that well. Will try cedar.

47. The Garden Mom on December 20, 2021 at 3:18 pm

I loooooove my Gardeners Supply raised bed corners! I absolutely agree that they have a very clean and uncluttered appearance. My potager is teeny in comparison to Laura’s, but I love that we chose the same product! I love this channel!

48. kyluci1 on December 20, 2021 at 3:19 pm

I wish I could’ve seen the preparation of the ground space made available for the raised beds. What is the walking surface between the beds? Sand? Gravel? Is there a weed barrier beneath that?

49. Miranda Beaudry on December 20, 2021 at 3:21 pm

Holy moly SOOOO much has changed!!! I really need to start vlogging my garden while it’s in its before stages.

50. Pinhead Army on December 20, 2021 at 3:22 pm

These look different from the beds Laura has now, or am I wrong?