How I Naturally Keep My Greenhouse Cool in the Summer Heat

How I Naturally Keep My Greenhouse Cool in the Summer Heat

▶️ Become a member: https://fromthefield.tv
▶️ Liberty on the Land on Bitchute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/UycAtU8ltPCO/
▶️ Online courses: http://theurbanfarmer.co/onlinecourses/
▶️ Sign Up For My Newsletter: http://theurbanfarmer.co/signup?

Buy my book here: http://bit.ly/AllinOnebook
Use this discount code for $15 off: newsub

About Urban Farmer Curtis Stone:
Curtis Stone started Green City Acres, a commercial urban farm called Green City Acres out of Kelowna, BC, Canada, in 2010. His mission is to show others how they can grow a lot of food on small plots of land and make a living from it. Using DIY and simple infrastructure, one can earn a significant living from their own back yard or someone else’s.

___

Music commonly used on this channel:

Sweeps – https://www.youtube.com/c/SweepsBeats
Biocratic – http://birocratic.com
The Muse Maker – https://soundcloud.com/themusemaker
David Cutter Music – www.davidcuttermusic.co.uk

1. Kathleen Kibblehouse on December 22, 2021 at 2:00 pm

Growing grapes. Mind Blown.

2. Ca Bo on December 22, 2021 at 2:03 pm

❤️

3. كل مرة جديد on December 22, 2021 at 2:04 pm

:Channel, God willing

4. SugarCreek Homestead of Tennessee on December 22, 2021 at 2:05 pm

looks amazing!

5. nik peterson on December 22, 2021 at 2:06 pm

I need this info…my cucumbers r having a hard time and no zucchini yet!

6. Alyn Cook on December 22, 2021 at 2:06 pm

🍒🍒🍒🌻🌻🌻🥬🥬🥬

7. Diet Bleach on December 22, 2021 at 2:07 pm

6:58: Dat Rona

8. SunRa on December 22, 2021 at 2:07 pm

I get those silky web-on-leaf building mites/aphids so bad, They would have turned that place into a tomb. I wonder how you combat them.

9. Kelly Is nice on December 22, 2021 at 2:08 pm

I did the lemon cucumber and grape this year for shade. Worked well.

10. Steve's happy little trees on December 22, 2021 at 2:08 pm

Sweet setup.

11. Renee K on December 22, 2021 at 2:09 pm

Hey there Curtis! Where is a great place to buy second hand greenhouse plastic? What mil plastic do you use or recommend. Zone 2.

12. Anne Isom on December 22, 2021 at 2:09 pm

How deep are your beds in the greenhouse?

13. Nick B on December 22, 2021 at 2:11 pm

Sweet potatoes could be a good option for you as well.

14. Lisa Moseley on December 22, 2021 at 2:12 pm

When you mentioned mystery seed, it reminded me…Have you heard about the mystery seeds being mailed to the USA from China? Don’t plant them if you get some and spread the word.
    Our Agriculture Department is taking them in from citizens to see what they are.

15. Skopusnik on December 22, 2021 at 2:12 pm

Ok, if I put vegetable in pressure cooker, temperature inside is lower. Good to know.

16. AlbertaPrepper86 on December 22, 2021 at 2:13 pm

Awesome stream with Owen today, awesome shirt, and awesome information Curtis. God bless you.

17. Zokomo TV on December 22, 2021 at 2:13 pm

Incredible, have you been running the fans at all or just letting them stay off, with the shading plants doing the work?

18. darthvader5300 on December 22, 2021 at 2:14 pm

Plastic pipes placed near the ceiling of the greenhouse and filled with cold underground running water circulating through them will cause the surround air around them to cool off and chill off and since cold air flows downward it will flow toward the plants and the floor of the greenhouse and cool off and chill off the air in between the greenhouse roof and the greenhouse floor. The cold underground water running through them will then be pumped down into the aquifer at a distance away from the greenhouse through an underground pipe and then pumped down into the aquifer by gravity to be recirculated back into the aquifer to be cooled again. Or just use layers of sunbreakers to reduce the incoming heat radiation.

19. Jerri Croft on December 22, 2021 at 2:14 pm

If you can’t trust people with freedom how can you trust them with power?

20. Bryce Irwin on December 22, 2021 at 2:17 pm

What is your floor made of

21. joompah7 on December 22, 2021 at 2:19 pm

So I’ve watched this greenhouse evolve from microgreens nursery to climate battery and obviously you don’t grow as much in here anymore. What do you primarily use the greenhouse for now? Do you still use the climate battery ventilation? I primarily use my greenhouse for our Roma’s and heirloom tomatoes in the Ottawa, Ontario area but I had a problem with heat this year on other plants. So of I were to grow shade providing plants would I still have success with tomatoes in your opinion? I have a Gothic hoophouse from Farmers friend and open the side door and roll up sides to regulate temperature. No electricity.

22. Judy Logan on December 22, 2021 at 2:19 pm

Here in the Phoenix area in Arizona it’s been getting hotter every year for several years now. This year it’s even hot to me. the seasons are really off also. The temperature seems to be polarizing. Cold places getting colder, hot places getting hotter, wet places getting wetter…

23. Jen O'Dempsey on December 22, 2021 at 2:19 pm

The passion fruit usually drop when the are ready to eat.

24. drew5555555555555555 on December 22, 2021 at 2:20 pm

Does it really get that hot in Canada?

25. Katie Barden on December 22, 2021 at 2:21 pm

Curtis, with COVID bringing down restaurants, do you now still sell microgreens as much? What kind of strategy are you putting into place in regards to what you will focus on growing and selling with all of this plandemic nonsense?

26. Preston Alexander on December 22, 2021 at 2:24 pm

Totally loved your shaded greenhouse! I was wondering, however, if grapes were self-pollinating. Otherwise wouldn’t you need bees?

27. Tammy T on December 22, 2021 at 2:24 pm

Some fig varieties actually give 2 crops a year, on new growth and last year’s growth. Some varieties grow like a weed 6-8 ft of new growth a year. Figs and passion fruits are my absolute favorite fruits. They are so easy to grow, delicious and nutritious. Thank you for the video. I will keep this idea in mind when I have my own greenhouse

28. Viper on December 22, 2021 at 2:25 pm

I love plants:)

29. Ben LaDieu on December 22, 2021 at 2:26 pm

Yeahhh boy!!!!  Awesome.

30. R M on December 22, 2021 at 2:30 pm

oh yeah that vermont heat is real tough

31. shep husted on December 22, 2021 at 2:31 pm

unimpressive cave man tech – figs are a waste of time and space

32. Alexander Ockenden on December 22, 2021 at 2:35 pm

Hey Curtis, your greenhouse is awesome. Goal greenhouse for me.

33. Anni Dee on December 22, 2021 at 2:35 pm

I live where it gets 120 in summer. Since I feed quail and rabbit I also attract ground squirrels and all creatures attack any greenery. So I’m looking to get a small greenhouse- will my plants burn up if it gets 5-6 hours of super hot sun? We also have strong hot winds that kill anything green. Lots of space, some funds, plenty of time. What should I do? Help 😊😂

34. براہمداغ on December 22, 2021 at 2:38 pm

Very Insightful video.
    Thanks.

35. Terrence Gibbons33 on December 22, 2021 at 2:39 pm

Shade is King

36. Amber Sykora on December 22, 2021 at 2:39 pm

Figs are also the easiest thing to propogate. All you need to do is take your cuttings when you hack it down, stick em in the dirt and you’ll have an infinite supply of new fig trees

37. Frant Dunlané on December 22, 2021 at 2:40 pm

Beautiful. We all could use a nice green sanctuary like this. Thanks Curtis, stay well

38. john blakley on December 22, 2021 at 2:43 pm

this is my dream

39. L H on December 22, 2021 at 2:44 pm

We grow our tomatoes and green beans up trellis in front of the south side and that shade is so nice in there.. then we have solar vents in the roof with fans that turn on automatically, and we must when needed to create evaporation cooling

40. bc bbc on December 22, 2021 at 2:45 pm

LOL give the passion fruit time and it will take over the entire place – even if they drop they are still ok to use – I harvest 90% off the yard.

41. not2tees on December 22, 2021 at 2:45 pm

Curtis is friendly but to the point, knowledgeable without being didactic, energetic without being driven, young but not too young, with a strong clear voice that avoids mannerisms . . . you have to appreciate him as he is, and it is good!

42. super on December 22, 2021 at 2:46 pm

Thankful

43. Joe Serrano on December 22, 2021 at 2:47 pm

WOW! Your greenhouse, I’m remembering a past video where you showed us you planting turmeric or ginger, it sure has turned into a JUNGLE! LOL….as for the temp ya guys get up North, I never would have thought you’d get that hot, 40°/104°F?!! I have nothing to complain, we’re lucky, been stable at 86 to 88°F. Way to go Curtis, no wonder your kids love the Jungle, I can hear your li’l daughter telling your son: "Hey bro lets go exploring in Dad’s Jungle, maybe we’ll find a passion fruit, swipe it and eat it there!" Uprated and thanks for sharing bro. 🙂

44. uncle_creepy27 on December 22, 2021 at 2:47 pm

Came here from bigbear. 😎

45. براہمداغ on December 22, 2021 at 2:52 pm

New homestead? wowow
    That’s gonna be goood.
    Keep some animals as well.

Grass fed geese are the best piece of meat you’ll put in your mouth.

46. Flujo de Vida on December 22, 2021 at 2:53 pm

@curtis you mentioned you are looking into a passive green house, have you seen attic acres? Or what kind of passive greenhouse are you considering? Thank you for sharing.

47. Lynn Pringle on December 22, 2021 at 2:53 pm

Just wondering if your cucumber plants are not being attacked by cucumber beetle since its inside rather than outside?? Its something I am presently dealing with here in southern ontario.

48. missfloflowers on December 22, 2021 at 2:57 pm

Thanks for no, 😊 so good.

49. Just a Girl on December 22, 2021 at 2:58 pm

We made a greenhouse this year and i started trellising my cucumbers up the walls of my south facing wall and i was worried that it wasnt going to be good for my other plants in the greenhouse! I am so happy i found your video! U gave me a lot of confidence that i am working in the right direction!! Thank you!!!

50. Chantal Lachance on December 22, 2021 at 2:58 pm

Curtis I never see sunflower growing in your garden …..free and productive microgreen for your family 🙂
    In my little greenhouse here in Laval, Québec I put 3 vignes, rasberry, strawberry, 🍑 peaches and pears (cut it will like a wall tree) figue, 🍉 watermelon,cucumber, tomatoes and soon harvest crop for winter season no heat