Farming with HAND TOOLS + fall garden prep | VLOG

Farming with HAND TOOLS + fall garden prep | VLOG

#garden #thefitfarmer #fall
We are preparing for Fall and showing you what that looks like while farming with hand tools.

Please check out all of Dr. Flower’s wonderful products on her website.

WELCOME TO : MOTHER NATURE’S MOUNTAIN

Bug and Tick Spray: https://mothernaturesmountain.com/product/herbal-bug-and-tick-spray/

We will be at the Homesteading Life Conference in Hannibal Missouri on August 4th & 5th 2019. Buy your tickets before they are SOLD OUT. http://bit.ly/2FmQ4LBHomesteadingLifeConference2019

Bootstrap Farmer has a huge selection of seed trays, hoop bender, greenhouse plastic, and more!! http://bit.ly/bootstrapfarmer

Want to Support Our Channel?
Shop for our favorite things in our Amazon Storefront- support our channel at no additional cost to you!-

If you would prefer to give directly to our channel, you can send PayPal here: https://www.paypal.me/thefitfarmer

Our Farm Wish List: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/198KFTZAJLNH2/ref=nav_wishlist_lists_2?_encoding=UTF8&type=wishlist

Find us on Facebook
Farm Fit

~~~Follow us on Instagram ~~~
Mike – @The_Fit_Farmer_
Lacie ~ @Yurt.Momma
Big Pond Farm ~ @BigPondFarm
Selah ~ @SelahDickson
Josiah ~ @Josiah.Dickson

We love to get mail!!

~~~Snail Mail~~~
Big Pond Farm
P.O. Box 5205
Concord, NC 28027

Music by Epidemic Sound (http://www.epidemicsound.com)

Some of the links above are affiliate links which means we make a little money, for our family, if you purchase an item through the links above. Thanks for supporting our channel and farm!!!

1. Kimberly Jackson on December 25, 2021 at 1:56 pm

I wish your kids had a wish list.

2. Jennifer Ward on December 25, 2021 at 1:57 pm

Mike is your head hot with all that hair . My hair is shorter and I perspire like a horse when I wear a hat.

3. oliveen owen on December 25, 2021 at 1:57 pm

I had to push through pain to garden. All the years that i garden i had to lay down as my back wouldn’t keep me up couldn’t bend. Had several car accident. My great God healed me last November and i am pain free and can bend. My ordeal was for 27 years. I love gardening. Much thanks for your chanel. Blessings

4. Jerome Smith on December 25, 2021 at 1:57 pm

Hi Mike…..he he he he he he he he he he he……I spewed my drink and almost choked…..you sure are trying to keep everyone 😊. Your trophy doesn’t need to be dressed. Again…he he he he he. Looking good. Keep up the good work.

5. The Organized Country Girl on December 25, 2021 at 1:57 pm

Determination is key.

I built a chicken coop,by myself, with no experience at all. With mostly repurposed materials. When I asked the guy at Home Depot to show me how to use a table saw….he was like “what?” Lol. U shoulda seen his face. Now I wish I would have been a little more ambitious…and made it bigger. Lol.

Sometimes….u really can do what I didn’t think u could.

6. Jonathan Hallmark on December 25, 2021 at 1:59 pm

Where do you get your hat?

7. Mama T on December 25, 2021 at 2:02 pm

You guys do a great job even without having all the tools available. We don’t have many power tools either and understand that it can be quite challenging at timea. Keep up the great teamwork.

8. glenn nabora on December 25, 2021 at 2:06 pm

Wow that’s cool…

9. Jea S on December 25, 2021 at 2:06 pm

Oh. I screwed up. I used to do a bed set up similar to yours. Then we had some work done on our home…so I culled the chickens and let the garden go for two years. This year I decided it was time to start from scratch and decided I would do 4′ x 30′ raised beds with grass walk ways. Thinking "I can reach in 2 feet from each side" I opted for 4ft beds…what I didn’t think is reaching in and up to find those cucumbers on the trellises and the bugs really enjoyed that I couldn’t get to those center planted crops for inspection and plucking. I spent several hundred dollars ..more like several thousand…and 6 months in…I know I have made a HUGE and very EXPENSIVE mistake. I don’t live far from you guys on the VA border, zone 7b. Apparently, regardless of layers and layers of cardboard, raised beds do not prevent our native grasses from growing right up through the foot of soil we purchased. I spend hours everyday weeding around the edges of these pretty wooden raised beds. Huge expensive regrets. I am sticking it out for the remainder of the fall season…but this winter its all coming out and I am going back to what I’ve always done with your 30" beds and 18" walkways. My husband isn’t happy about it…but he understands. Thank you so much for your guidance and joyful example.

10. Tracy Reed on December 25, 2021 at 2:07 pm

Aww you put a skirt on your trophy.

11. Ohske on December 25, 2021 at 2:07 pm

👍👍👍🙂👌

12. SouthernLadyWithManyHats on December 25, 2021 at 2:10 pm

I would love to see how you have the hose fixed with the irrigation system. I’d like to do one like that. Although our water has chlorine so not sure how well the plants would like that. I would like to do some of those to save me from having to drag the hoses all over the gardens.

13. Farm Lady on December 25, 2021 at 2:11 pm

I recently found you on YouTube. Enjoy your videos how you are motivational, share your faith and do things as a family. Thanks for sharing!!

14. Andrew Littlefield on December 25, 2021 at 2:12 pm

You mentioned God… I subscribe 😁

15. Mayra Rodriguez on December 25, 2021 at 2:12 pm

I’ve been laughing since the beginning of the video (the skirt) . Thank you😁💦

16. David J. MacKinney on December 25, 2021 at 2:13 pm

Love the skirt on your statue.

17. Amelia tribe of Issachar on December 25, 2021 at 2:13 pm

Awwww your the best daddy ever 💖
    Shalawam

18. Carol Young on December 25, 2021 at 2:14 pm

Boy you put some work in ! By th way could we please have a pink skirt next time lol xx tfs

19. Batpherlang Kharkrang on December 25, 2021 at 2:16 pm

Hi….. 🏡🎥👍👍👍

20. jackie allen on December 25, 2021 at 2:17 pm

I think you should name your trophy Samson. I just love your family and how you all work together. God Bless

21. ابن آدم on December 25, 2021 at 2:19 pm

Beside the fantastic job you and your whole family are doing, I just would like to highlight two things that made go Yesss!! Way to go, well done guys.

1: Taking a moment to thank The Almighty.

2: Being usury free and trying to keep it the way. No matter how tempting that might be keep out brother.

22. Marcell Jackson on December 25, 2021 at 2:21 pm

Love gardening myself, at 70 yr. old I tried all organic raised bed gardening this year and it was a huge success perfect for us older gardeners 🤗✌

23. Spookyboi on December 25, 2021 at 2:22 pm

Do you guys play Harvest Moon?

24. MJ on December 25, 2021 at 2:26 pm

Onion works for the blood sucking flying devils

25. Melissa Lucero on December 25, 2021 at 2:28 pm

I love your solution for the trophy! I’m really new to all of this and I want to thank you for reminding me that I don’t really need all of the pretty new tools to accomplish my goals. I truly enjoy watching you all and I learn every time. God bless

26. Glenda Ruff on December 25, 2021 at 2:30 pm

I had to laugh too. First thing I saw on the close up.

27. East Mesa Urban Homestead on December 25, 2021 at 2:30 pm

You put a skirt on that trophy?!?! What the…

28. Jeanie Partridge on December 25, 2021 at 2:31 pm

Your family are such hard workers even little Micah. I am happy you kept your trophy you earned it.

29. rokchok69 on December 25, 2021 at 2:32 pm

debt-free = +++

30. LH Huggins on December 25, 2021 at 2:33 pm

I love your trophy! It means a lot of hard work. You have taken the criticism with grace and humor. What type of row cover do you use on your beds? I am getting too old to hoe my entire garden like I used to. I plan to at least lay the barrier between the rows in the walkways. Probably leave about 12 inches on the top of the rows for the plants and seeds. What do you think?

31. Chantal N6 on December 25, 2021 at 2:36 pm

Hey 👋

32. Tim Seals on December 25, 2021 at 2:40 pm

Pulling weeds out of the strawberry pach I hated that but I did it anyway

33. T -Rachel on December 25, 2021 at 2:40 pm

You have a beautiful family! And adore your debt free lifestyle! You guys are amazing!

34. Lenella Maxwell on December 25, 2021 at 2:41 pm

You covered up your trophy! I understand why. It was a pretty good fix, but it is sad that people are offended by it.

35. Jeff P on December 25, 2021 at 2:43 pm

Of course you should keep your trophy. You worked very hard for your pro card. Not easy to come by. It is an inspiration to others that you know and watch the channel 💪🏼

36. Gabrielle Matthews on December 25, 2021 at 2:43 pm

we can’t really plant here right now, with the heat and air quality advisories. i dont know if much of anything would even germinate right now 😔

37. wendell kulp on December 25, 2021 at 2:44 pm

thanks .. you are eye opener for me.. going to forward your videos to the wife hoping to open her eyes like you did mine.. we are sc. looking to find that land to get us moving.. with possible looking at nc. soon.. thanks again .. hope see you guy in person soon..

38. Back to Nature Living on December 25, 2021 at 2:44 pm

We live off-grid up in the Rockies at 9000′ elevation and have to haul all of our water in our 425 gallon truck water tank from the spring we developed that is 1 mile down our dirt mtn road for our 1/2 acre garden as well as for our personal needs…I use the no-dig approach so very few tools are needed. I plant most all of my seeds into plug trays and then plant the starts.

Watering takes FOREVER by hand, but this year I was able to use Living Traditions Homestead drip-tape system by placing a 1000 gallon tank higher on the mtn and running the water from our truck tank into the 1000 gallon tank and then into my drip-tape system. I let the tape run for 2 hours and then shut it off with the attached water valve…

Today, I even made it easier and less time-consuming by installing a timer so it will start and stop automatically…a total time-saving system.

Thanks for your videos… I love watching them…It is also nice knowing that you are Israelites, too 🙂

39. Lisa Strand on December 25, 2021 at 2:45 pm

Scottish trophy! 😉

40. Jack Dunn on December 25, 2021 at 2:45 pm

whoever your drone pilot is they are very good

41. will mckeen on December 25, 2021 at 2:45 pm

Yall should get n earthway, if you think you cant use one in your soil, i bet you could use the wheel hoe and then seed on the mounds it makes. seriously seedng by hand is crazy!

42. Mike Dickson on December 25, 2021 at 2:45 pm

Hi Mike I need to learn more on how to test my soil.

43. Swampy Acres Homestead on December 25, 2021 at 2:47 pm

Awesome video thanks for sharing nice working with with hand tools looking forward to seeing more 👍🏼❤️✅

44. Shinchando on December 25, 2021 at 2:48 pm

Wow this is so innovative and simple..👍👍
    And sir u have good biceps… reflects yr hard word on the field..

45. QRS11 CLIPPER CHIP JOE on December 25, 2021 at 2:49 pm

nice work

46. Inglis 70 on December 25, 2021 at 2:52 pm

people forget in this instantaneous society that people only get good/great at things by making mistakes that they learn from – even you just said I didn’t fertilize and got my soil tested to see what it was missing – you missed out on a lot of produce because of that decision not to fertilize – you got more experience in gardening and might just put the soil testing into the budget each year to get optional growth in your garden

47. Carie Pickerell on December 25, 2021 at 2:53 pm

Enjoy following your journey and your beautiful hard working family. You are blessed.

48. Ms. Hero Health on December 25, 2021 at 2:54 pm

Dont forget the sun screen

49. Hands and Feet Homestead on December 25, 2021 at 2:54 pm

Great video! Lol over the trophy addition.

50. Vicki Takacs on December 25, 2021 at 2:55 pm

Selah looks like she could use a week off at a girl’s church camp or vacation at a grandma’s. She does a lot of the work of a grown up help-mate, doesn’t she?