Building a Mobile Indoor Raised Bed & Prepping for Indoor Gardening in a Grow Tent | Zone 5

Organic gardening doesn’t stop as we head into winter. Here at Guten Yardening, we want to continue growing as much food as we possibly can. In order for that to happen, we need to maximize the growing potential in our grow tent.

One way we are doing that is by building a 3×3 raised bed, which will give us 9 square feet of exceptional planting space.

This raised bed is built out of 2x4x8 studs, and cedar fence posts. The total cost for this bed, including casters and screws is around $65 USD.

In addition to the wood, we also added some 45mil food safe pond liner, in order to ensure there wouldn’t be any molding or rotting of the wood. This should ensure that our raised bed lasts for many years to come.

We filled the raised bed with a mixture of peat moss, vermiculite, perlite, organic potting mix, worm castings from our vermiculture setup, egg shells, and organic fertilizer.

This mix has excellent draining and water retention, so we are sure that the foot we plant in here is going to enjoy its growing environment.

Thanks for watching.

Shop With Us: https://gutenyardening.wixsite.com/website
If you like my hat, you can get it here: https://amzn.to/3nmiYQl

Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/GutenYardening
And on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gutenyardening

Theme Song: Country Cue 1 by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/…)
Artist: http://audionautix.com/

#raisedbed #howto #indoorgardening #buildingaraisedbed #diy

1. Twilight Gardener on December 27, 2021 at 3:16 pm

Amazing set up… You should have some good productivity this winter!

2. ManCave Gaming and Gardening on December 27, 2021 at 3:16 pm

Have your red wigglers shrank in size since the fall started? Mine were decent size all year and when I took them in before the frost I noticed most of them were significantly smaller than before. Any insight?

3. She's A Mad Gardener on December 27, 2021 at 3:20 pm

Glad you added casters!

4. Indiana Backyard Gardener on December 27, 2021 at 3:24 pm

awesome build! great idea to use the pond liner! I didn’t know that was food-safe plastic 🙂 Thanks for sharing

5. Hickorycroft Farm on December 27, 2021 at 3:33 pm

Great job! Love the indoor raised bed idea. It is always great to be able to keep producing throughout the winter. How big is your grow tent? We were thinking about getting one.

6. amank ubuy on December 27, 2021 at 3:36 pm

Prepare for Indoor Gardening … good job brother. love your gardening activities,
    good luck and smooth activities

7. Olive City Homestead on December 27, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Best video I’ve seen on building a tall raised bed. Does a great job laying out the specifics involved and giving the reasoning behind your choices. The end result looks fantastic and seems very sturdy. Thinking I might have to build one of these for my back patio garden. It would be a great place to propagate my plant cuttings. Thanks for sharing! – Kim

8. The Kitchen Garden with Eli and Kate on December 27, 2021 at 3:39 pm

really nice explanation!!
    I keep getting asked to do a video on building raise dbeds. I should just get you in on a channel takeover 🙂

9. Robin's Tiny Homestead on December 27, 2021 at 3:40 pm

Just one question can you come to my house and build one for me lol:-):-):-) nice build. God bless :-.

10. Rhonda Evans on December 27, 2021 at 3:40 pm

Amazing tutorial love this

11. Flavors and Textures on December 27, 2021 at 3:48 pm

Excellent tutorial. I tried to buy some lumber to increase my raised beds and noticed the price increase! Worm casting is the tip of the iceberg. Super Nice, Blessings

12. Saju Chacko Rajan on December 27, 2021 at 3:51 pm

Do you need to add some drain to send out the extra water?

13. The Bull's Garden on December 27, 2021 at 3:56 pm

Very nice the plant will love the grow planter

14. My English Tropical Garden on December 27, 2021 at 3:56 pm

Great set up my friend good to see you doing well 👍😊

15. AnnWith APlan on December 27, 2021 at 4:01 pm

Good job. My sister made several containers similar to that. Looking forward to seeing how it goes!

16. Grow Somethin' with Jeff on December 27, 2021 at 4:02 pm

Very cool idea to have it mobile! Worms will love to be in that!

17. Dan Permaculture Food Forest on December 27, 2021 at 4:05 pm

Another amazing Tutorial … You never stop growing … Love it …
    Your channel motivates me to grow even more food

18. rayyman420 on December 27, 2021 at 4:05 pm

I read you can use aloe/yucca to help water peat/coco.

19. Minnie Acres Farm on December 27, 2021 at 4:06 pm

Great ideas! I think YouTube unsubbed me from your channel😭 but I’m back now

20. Little Garden on the Prairies on December 27, 2021 at 4:07 pm

Those are some lucky worms! My wormbins never seem to produce any leachate. Anxious to see what you get growing in there!

21. Guten Yardening on December 27, 2021 at 4:12 pm

Thank you for watching!
    Terima kasih telah menonton!
    देखने के लिए धन्यवाद!
    Salamat sa panonood!

22. Wild Ones Homestead on December 27, 2021 at 4:13 pm

I think this is such a great idea and is going to work really really well for you!!

23. Whytedavy Gardening And Worm Farm on December 27, 2021 at 4:15 pm

Very nice setup. Great idea adding worms.