Easy Build DIY Planter Box

Easy Build DIY Planter Box

Super easy and inexpensive to make DIY planter boxes! Made primarily with cedar fence pickets, this is a great beginner project and you only need a few basic tools to build! Free plans here: https://www.ana-white.com/woodworking-projects/easy-build-diy-planter-box

1. Jose Carlos on December 28, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Hello Ana, I recently discovered your channel and i love it. I want to make one of your projects but im not sure about the measures because we use metric scale. Could you please help me with the measures, i would really appreciate your help in converting the scale. This is what is written in the planter box but i need centimeters to be sure.
    Shopping List:
    3 – 5-1/2" wide cedar fence pickets, not dogeared, 72" long
    1 – 1×3 @ 8 feet long (can use furring strips, I did)
    3 – 1×2 @ 8 feet long (can use furring strips, I did)
    1" and 1-1/4" brad nails or staples

Cut List

6 – Cedar Fence Pickets cut at 18" long
    6 – Cedar Fence Pickets cut at 17" long
    4 – 1×2 @ 18-1/2" long
    4 – 1×3 @ 18-1/2" long

Thanks in advance
    If anyone who reads this message could help me i would be really happy.

2. barbara martin on December 28, 2021 at 3:41 pm

Where are the measurements for the planters? You say don’t write them down, but where are they? I am on your channel and don’t see it . Please advise

3. Cravens Boughner on December 28, 2021 at 3:41 pm

If you want to do it yourself, just look for Woodglut. There is everything you need to do it 🙂

4. Michelle Kelly on December 28, 2021 at 3:42 pm

How could I put a bench in between them?

5. Rich A on December 28, 2021 at 3:45 pm

Get job, Ana. How creative you are, young lady. Helped start a garden at a local Greek restaurant, that has been added to by so many others. Hope to make these great little planters for the front door of the eatery. You are making retirement fun again. Thank you!

6. Jon Meadow Morrison on December 28, 2021 at 3:45 pm

thanks for another easy great build. cant wait to get off work and start the build!

7. Kerry FRANGOS on December 28, 2021 at 3:45 pm

These look really great! Thank you Ana for showing this project.

8. deniz çakmakoğlu on December 28, 2021 at 3:47 pm

👍👏👏👏👏 Ellerinize sağlık.

9. Al3xAnD3R on December 28, 2021 at 3:50 pm

I will be trying to make these this weekend!!! Hope they come out as nice as yours!!! You did great on this video!!!! Made it simple and even put out the free plans. THANK YOU!!!

10. Claudette Mosier on December 28, 2021 at 3:51 pm

Ana, these are exactly what I want! I’m 76 years old and always wanted to try woodworking. Everyone laughed at me and I gave it up. Till now. I’m going to do this and they can just keep laughing. I’ll send a picture!

11. TN N on December 28, 2021 at 3:52 pm

Looks nice, low cost, easy to find materials and easy to make design by simple tools! Good for beginner and who don’t want to invest too much money into tools!

12. Carlos Rodriguez on December 28, 2021 at 3:52 pm

Just finished my 2 I’ve built.

13. JA on December 28, 2021 at 3:54 pm

CLICKBAIT

14. Tom Dewey on December 28, 2021 at 3:57 pm

Always love your super doable plans. They’re always quick and look great. My building philosophy as well.

15. Ray Adcock on December 28, 2021 at 4:00 pm

Great idea. I might try to do a similar one but longer.

16. Janire Tavarez on December 28, 2021 at 4:00 pm

LOVE your stuff! Thank you.
    Question, where would I place additional supports when making a longer planter box?

17. NGniousDesigns on December 28, 2021 at 4:00 pm

I really appreciate your tutorials, there are empowering. Thank you!

18. Louis Hellinger on December 28, 2021 at 4:02 pm

This is awesome!!

19. Jesse Ybarra on December 28, 2021 at 4:02 pm

She looks like fun

20. creative demons on December 28, 2021 at 4:04 pm

Great work. Maybe 1 day they’ll cut 1inch thick 4 by right angle 4 corner wood so no messy lines. Can’t wait for another vid

21. K LE on December 28, 2021 at 4:06 pm

Hello, I’m using mainly cedar board picket fences that are usually only 19/32" thick for the whole build. I’d like to pocket holes the corner posts with pocket hole screws as well as a "picture frame" top trim. Do you know if Kreg have these blue kote screws in 1" or 3/4"? thx

22. Stephanie Greer on December 28, 2021 at 4:07 pm

My stores only have the dog eared fence pickets. Is that ok to use?

23. MinhHanh Luan on December 28, 2021 at 4:08 pm

Buying all of those tools, it cheaper to buy the planter box.

24. Rosa Magadan on December 28, 2021 at 4:11 pm

Thank you! Your awesome!

25. bjhennessey on December 28, 2021 at 4:11 pm

Please don’t say these take 30 minutes to make like you do at the beginning.

26. Rie Kodi on December 28, 2021 at 4:11 pm

Thanks so much, Ana. Love all your videos. They are so informative, helpful, cost effective, and super creative. Can ha dly wait to make my own. ❤️

27. Yerbol Serikbay on December 28, 2021 at 4:12 pm

Very good. I love it.

28. Mary Tallerico on December 28, 2021 at 4:14 pm

Are the fence pickets 1 x 5 1/2

29. Todd Soden on December 28, 2021 at 4:15 pm

Sadly $20 would not even cover the cost of one or two fence pickets…..wood prices are way high these days.

30. Aleksander Kac on December 28, 2021 at 4:16 pm

Jeez 40 bucks for two crappy planters just in materials? I need to get me one of those oil wells or something.

31. Levi Weber on December 28, 2021 at 4:18 pm

Where do you get your lumber?? Those are ridiculously cheap prices for cedar. Couldn’t even build this with pine for $20

32. greg randol on December 28, 2021 at 4:18 pm

Thousands of lifetime projects with Woodglut plans.

33. Lisa T on December 28, 2021 at 4:20 pm

Love it omg 👍🏼 can I ask what kind of nailer your using there is no cord?

34. Christopher Cupp on December 28, 2021 at 4:20 pm

Made two of these today. Super easy and they look nice even unpainted.

35. Sylvia Gould on December 28, 2021 at 4:21 pm

ty ty so much ..Ana love ur videos ty

36. Romelia Polly on December 28, 2021 at 4:23 pm

If you want to know how to do it yourself, just look for Stodoys.

37. Mary Esther Austin on December 28, 2021 at 4:23 pm

Hi Anna- DO you have plans fo ra raised planter or a planter that holds 8 or 10 5 gal containers for container gardens?

38. Nelson G. on December 28, 2021 at 4:23 pm

Looks great and simple!

39. GerV on December 28, 2021 at 4:24 pm

Thanks for this amazing video. This got me started on my first ever wood project and it was successful, with friends asking if I could build them one too. Trust me its not going to stop here. Thanks Ana.

40. Joyce Gay on December 28, 2021 at 4:24 pm

I just finished making one of these a couple of weekends ago. I used wood from a pallet. I ripped some of the boards down to make the 1×2’s and 1×3’s. I used four full width boards for the sides since the pallet boards are narrower than fence pieces. My trim pieces on top were a tad off, but with practice will get better. Thanks for doing you!

41. Kristie Wisniewski on December 28, 2021 at 4:25 pm

woodworking project beginner .

42. Nohealani Aileen Thomas on December 28, 2021 at 4:26 pm

I don’t see the link for the plans. May I have it, please? Ty

43. Dawn - Upcycled2CountryGothic on December 28, 2021 at 4:27 pm

Oh I so would love a nail gun to my tool collection lol I will have to drop hints when its my birthday or Xmas , my man usually will get them for me LOL

44. Aja B on December 28, 2021 at 4:30 pm

AWESOME.

45. Stan Alachniewicz on December 28, 2021 at 4:31 pm

What nailer are u using?

46. Bea Nicholson on December 28, 2021 at 4:32 pm

Love it. Thanks Ana

47. way mkr on December 28, 2021 at 4:33 pm

im trying this today. thank you Anna. your the best

48. Keith Rosenberg on December 28, 2021 at 4:33 pm

Uuhhhnmmm, Glue? For an outdoors planter where it is often wet?

49. hafza macie on December 28, 2021 at 4:33 pm

I bought Woodglut once and now I have lifetime access to thousands of woodworking projects.

50. Eric Dusoulier on December 28, 2021 at 4:37 pm