Greenhouse TOMATOES | Growing in WINTER | Grand Solar Minimum

Greenhouse TOMATOES | Growing in WINTER | Grand Solar Minimum

▶▬ ABOUT THIS VIDEO▬
Our first tomato has ripened in the greenhouse. This is how we will be growing in the cold months of the grand solar minimum. Our greenhouse is alive with beautiful tomatoes and other plants and all seem to be handling the cold snaps that we have been having. Plus our container greens are producing well. Tender greens, collards and lettuce are growing and gives us enough to eat for many days.
#growtomatoesinthewinter
#grandsolarminimum
#greenhouse
#ripetomato
Related Video – Secrets to Growing the Most AWESOME Tomates https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOsivlgLiKA
▶▬ GATHERING 2020 ▬ You are invited to come hang out with Danny and Wanda on March 21, 2020 in Perkinston, MS
Details on EVENTBRITE https://www.eventbrite.com/e/deep-south-homestead-gathering-2020-tickets-70525827649
T shirts for the event at www.bonfire.com/gathering-2020
Everyone wearing this tshirt will be entered in a special drawing at the door on March 21st.

CABIN Wish List:

▶▬ Our NEWEST Sweatshirt: LCE Life Changing Event https://teespring.com/life-changing-event-shirts

▬ Learn more about Danny and Wanda and their 10 acre homestead in South Mississippi.▬

▶ Learn How to Garden — Recognize Plant Deficiencies, Diseases, and Pests
▶ Learn How to COOK FROM SCRATCH using Easy Recipes with Ingredients that we grow or forage for.
▶Learn HOME CANNING BASICS including canning, freezing, and dehydrating.
▶Learn How to Build an OFF GRID CABIN!!! and furniture for the cabin like a LOG BED!
▶ DIY Projects around the HOMESTEAD like fencing, barn additions, repairing equipment and MORE!

▶CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON ABOVE…AND TAP THE BELL TOO…SO YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED EACH TIME WE UPLOAD A NEW VIDEO! THANKS! https://www.youtube.com/c/deepsouthhomestead

▬ Some of my links below are affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase, I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. 🙂

▶ https://www.etsy.com/shop/deepsouthhomestead/ We offer seeds, plants and 2 books written by Danny: Sweet Potato Manual and English Pea Manual. These books show how to plant, grow, harvest, cook and preserve these vegetables. The books include pictures that show step by step.

▶To Order Deep South Homestead TSHIRTS : https://www.bonfire.com/store/deep-south-homestead/
PORCH TIME tshirts and CRAZY DAZES Tshirts are available too.
Gathering 2020 t shirts available on our store.

▶ DoTerra Essential Oils: We use these oils for health, cooking, and garden pests control. Check out my link:

▶Any Questions contact me at deepsouthhomestead@gmail.com

▶▬ Deep South Homestead’s AMAZON LINK: ▬
(affiliate link*).

▬ SPECIAL Gardening LINKS FOR Deep South VISITORS ▬

▶Visit HOSS TOOL (affiliate link): For ALL your Garden Tools and SEEDS

▶ Visit GreenStalk Vertical Planters __ You get $10 off you order using our link. code word Deepsouth

▶ ▬ SOCIALIZE WITH US▬
▶ Facebook Page: Deep South Homestead

▶ Facebook Private Group: Deep South Homestead Gathering Place

▶ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/deepsouthhomestead

▶ Patreon: All proceeds here goes to our building project — CANDY CORN CABIN — Our Off Grid Cabin https://www.patreon.com/deepsouthhomestead
CABIN Wish List:

▶ Brighteon.com https://www.real.video/5820368049001

▶ ▬ EMAIL ▬
To contact me via email, go to:
deepsouthhomestead@gmail.com

▶▬ MAILING ADDRESS▬
Deep South Homestead
P.O. Box 462
Wiggins, MS. 39577

▶▬ PAYPAL account:▬
paypal.me/deepsouthhomestead
(If you wish to support projects on our homestead, use this account)

▶ VISIT Deep South Homestead’s WEBSITE
Visit http://www.deepsouthhomestead.com/

▶ Wanda’s channel CRAZY DAZES:
a

▶ Danny’s BIBLE channel — ALL GOD’S CHILDREN

▶ ▬ COMMENTS▬
If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the comments below. I’m happy to answer questions, and I look forward to hearing from you!

THANKS FOR WATCHING!

#DeepSouthHomestead #LivingOffTheLand #HomesteadAdvice

1. Ernie Hatmaker on December 28, 2021 at 3:18 pm

Pretty greenhouse tomato!

2. Renee Brown on December 28, 2021 at 3:23 pm

Dang. Has it been that cold there? We’ve had a very warm winter. I have yet to turn on my heater. We have had the a.c. on still.

3. Carol Wengel on December 28, 2021 at 3:24 pm

Looking good, friends! Fresh veggies in winter! You are blessed! Love to y’all!

4. Sophie Smietana. on December 28, 2021 at 3:24 pm

CONGRATS ! PROUD PARENTS OD A WINTER RED TOMATO . GOOD GROWING .

5. ellen fisher on December 28, 2021 at 3:25 pm

WHAT A BLESSING ! A CHRISTMAS TOMATO !!! What beautiful plants & loaded with yummy tomatoes ! We have- like many people- a terrible problem with blight ~ especially on our tomatoes. This year , we planted our tomatoes in huge new pots, brought soil from our other piece of property about 2 miles away, added amendments, etc . to plant our tomatoes in & they still got blight. I heard a lady on a gardening show say , @ the 1st sign of blight, she sprays her tomatoes with a mixture of 10 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide to i gallon of water & NO more blight. Have you ever heard of that ? ~~~~~~~~~ MERRY CHRIST-MAS ~ DANNY & WANDA ~ from VIRGINIA – THE STATE OF RESISTANCE TO TYRANNY !!!

6. Rob Marks on December 28, 2021 at 3:25 pm

use some of that cow poop in the green house

7. Jovita Hernandez on December 28, 2021 at 3:26 pm

What a blessing to continue picking fresh tomatoes. God bless you guys.

8. Alfred Merriam on December 28, 2021 at 3:28 pm

I see a nice tomato sandwich coming soon

9. zombokiler on December 28, 2021 at 3:29 pm

my plants had full bloom but never made tomatoes .big beautiful bushes too ?

10. Wanda Williams on December 28, 2021 at 3:31 pm

You just gave me an idea. I have a small screened in porch. It faces where the sun comes up now, as it’s direction has changed in the last two-three years noticeably. I’m going to see if my hubby, will put double layers of plastic over the parts screened for me. Then, i am going to try and start off my next year seedlings in there. I think this will work ok under the lamps. If I t does, this area, will become a new greenhouse area for us. I never would have thought about using heat lamps in a green house.. This is why, channels like yours are so important.. We/Me, have to think outside the box.. Our very life depends on it.. Thank you for sharing..

11. Mimsy’s Garden on December 28, 2021 at 3:32 pm

💚

12. Out West Homestead on December 28, 2021 at 3:32 pm

Wow the tomato looks great.

13. OkieRob on December 28, 2021 at 3:33 pm

Don’t cut the lateral branches off( suckers) and they will continue to bloom. The lateral branches do not rob nutrients, they will bloom and make fruit. stick a fan in there to help pollinate. The fan helps control damping off disease also. Promotes stronger plants. your pests will be white flies, aphids, fungus gnats for the most part. neem oil will take care of the aphids and sticky traps will help with the other. Thrips can be a problem also and the sticky traps will catch most of them.

14. Shonita Garcia on December 28, 2021 at 3:34 pm

I have an idea I would use when I had my greenhouse a long time ago. I used old bricks placed around the perimeter and in between containers of plants. The heat that was in the greenhouse from the sunlight or the grow lights would warm the bricks, and they’d retain the heat from the day and carry them thru into the night to keep the plants comfortable and warm so that they would survive better. If you are worried about critters moving into the bricks, pack em full of wet sand so that they will stay in place and without critters. So no worries about a black widow or something coming out and biting ya. Hope that helps. It did for me. Thank you for sharing! Take care, Happy Holidays!

15. นิยตา พาทํา พาปลูก on December 28, 2021 at 3:35 pm

Hello! I just follow you. I like your vedios.😊

16. Michelle M on December 28, 2021 at 3:36 pm

Great tubs you grow in. Where can you purchase big tubs like that.? Bless you both for sharing your wisdom.

17. Fermented Homestead on December 28, 2021 at 3:37 pm

A fresh BLT in winter sounds amazing! What a great experiment. I don’t think we could do tomato around here but certainly we could do colder crops next year!

18. Mystic’s Mystic on December 28, 2021 at 3:37 pm

Danny I watch your channel a lot. Thanks for taking the time. Does your green house use grow lights or just lights for warmth?

19. Joy Reardon on December 28, 2021 at 3:38 pm

👍💕

20. Marks Power on December 28, 2021 at 3:38 pm

videoyu değil karıyı beğenmedim

21. Sherri Mize on December 28, 2021 at 3:38 pm

That is great!! Brighten my day😊 I’m getting a green house in the next couple months 😊 I’m so excited!!! So happy for you guys😘 luvs, Sherri 😊🌻

22. H.I.S. Happy Inches little home Stead on December 28, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Beautiful tomatoes! Love the greenhouse! 👍

23. Copper Kettle Farms on December 28, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Man I so need a year round greenhouse

24. Jemmie Stone on December 28, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Oh what a blessing to have a tomato ripen in your greenhouse right here before Christmas. That is so awesome guys. God Bless You Both and May You All Have A Blessed and Very Merry Christmas.

25. Sandy's Adventures on December 28, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Everything looks lovely!

26. SVE DIGITAL on December 28, 2021 at 3:40 pm

I am doing my first (non summer) greenhouse vegetable grow this upcoming fall and winter and I can not wait. Love the vids btw.

27. theIAMofME on December 28, 2021 at 3:41 pm

Looking GOOD!!!

28. Renee Brown on December 28, 2021 at 3:42 pm

Nothing better than a fresh tomato. Best part of spring

29. Rita McCartt-Kordon on December 28, 2021 at 3:44 pm

Hello from TN! You said it was a patio tomato, is there a variety name?

30. Country boy charlie on December 28, 2021 at 3:45 pm

Johnny’s seed and feed has them Cherokee seed I good me some… great looking tomatoes 🍅

31. Treva Powell on December 28, 2021 at 3:47 pm

Mr. Danny what type of greenhouse tomato I know it’s determinant but was it a early girl or what was it I forgot early girls indeterminate I bought some early girls plants but what is the name of this tomato

32. Tammy Eaker on December 28, 2021 at 3:48 pm

Great JOB you two. I also grow in my greenhouse during the winter especially. I live in Louisiana around the Natchez MS area. I have pineapple plants, Pepper plants, sweet potatoes and tomatoes growing in mine right now, ALL of which are doing great. Most of them are an experiment for upcoming weather conditions. My Lemon tree is doing great also. Keep up the AWESOME videos. Your information, teachings and GOD loving words of wisdom inspire me and others. GOD Bless you BOTH.

33. flybarb flybarb on December 28, 2021 at 3:49 pm

I live in Clearwater, FL and have no soil, is sand if you dig 1/2 foot. I see you have your tomatoes in pots. I also see you have built your own green house. I have a green house that is falling apart because I don’t use it. I guess I can purchase intermittent tomatoes? Those tomatoes you buy in Hime Depot are GMO, right? I want natural!! Any ideas?

34. Sun Set on December 28, 2021 at 3:50 pm

Just BEAUTIFUL !
    I grow indoors HYDROPONIC.
    Counter Top.
    With RO filtered water – also Counter Top

35. Heather Watson on December 28, 2021 at 3:52 pm

Wanda, use a battery operated tooth brush on the tomatoes, turn it around so the brushes don’t touch the plant, then hold the tooth brush under the flowers, the vibrations from the tooth brush stimulates the plant just like the vibrations from bees wings.

36. Jean Woodall on December 28, 2021 at 3:52 pm

You could also grow in a storage tote, cold frame, or even sprouts or micro greens on the kitchen counter like Off Grid with Doug and Stacy have shown in videos. In their video there were still plants growing in the tote although it was underneath the snow. She recommended the ones with clear lids.

37. Denise Brady on December 28, 2021 at 3:54 pm

Wow that was just amazing what you can grow with knowledge- I am in deep Summer here in Australia & we are struggling this year due to 100f days daily & massive Bush Fires- we are in trouble in Australia.

38. Namer Lavan on December 28, 2021 at 3:57 pm

Have you looked into heating your greenhouse with chickens or rabbits?

39. Tami Hindman on December 28, 2021 at 3:58 pm

Just wondering .if there’s no electricity for some reason what will you do instead of grow lights and heat lamps?

40. Danny Bledsoe on December 28, 2021 at 3:59 pm

telling people about the g.s.m. and its like okay. we have heard about. man made global warming. news media has said this is settle science. all other theories cannot be prove thru science. it’s like talking to a brick wall. I told our neighbor back this July second week we had a record low temperature of 45 degrees and the high was 70 degrees that’s not normal we have already have had 2 snows before Christmas in the tn. valley of East tn. maybe people will wake up before the food in grocery stores is not there. Danny you a great job of showing how to grow and Wanda putting up the harvest

41. scrapshackfarms 134 on December 28, 2021 at 4:00 pm

You have proof something is shifting from where the sun is and where it was. People need to wake up before its to late…oh wait, it is

42. autiemuse on December 28, 2021 at 4:03 pm

Look up heating greenhouses with compost piles — process composted leaves, garden matter, etc., and utilize that heat — possible up to 140-plus degrees coming through a compost pile embedded vent!

43. Renee Brown on December 28, 2021 at 4:05 pm

My bananas are doing awesome in my greenhouse. They are dwarf Cavendish. They max out at 7 ft tall.

44. Barbara Carter on December 28, 2021 at 4:06 pm

Wow

45. Ohske on December 28, 2021 at 4:07 pm

🍅🍅🍅👍👍👍👌☺️

46. Gemini Homestead on December 28, 2021 at 4:09 pm

Times are surely changing and with that, we need to change with it. Our greenhouse is showing us daily compared to the outside garden; but Im about to harvest some collards for supper tonight.. Mr. Hank always looks like he is smiling, that boy is so fun to watch. Blessings Yall, and enjoy that BLT – WOW what a tomato.

47. Steve & Laurie Weideman on December 28, 2021 at 4:09 pm

What mix do you put in your pots?

48. p d on December 28, 2021 at 4:11 pm

Hey Wanda,,, great job! one tip for you to try…the tomato plant does not requrire foliage to produce fruit… all that remain on mine are the tridents of new growth… if you remove a bitg of the foliage more energy and nutrients are available .. do you want pretty or plenty…

49. Blue Ridge Homestead on December 28, 2021 at 4:16 pm

We got our greenhouse finally! You guys inspire us! Just have to get it put together now 😊