10 Great Gardener Gift Ideas

10 Great Gardener Gift Ideas

Here are some great gardener gift ideas. Some gardening gifts make more sense than others and can make a gardener’s job easier. Here are some garden tools you may not think about. Gardener Scott shows ten inexpensive, practical, and welcome additions to any gardener’s tool box. (Video #111)

To find these gardener gifts, click on these links:

1. Hori Hori https://amzn.to/2sBZ393
2. Pruning Snips https://amzn.to/2P4VqQG
3. Set of Hand Tools https://amzn.to/2sE9byd
Hand Hoe https://amzn.to/2YdE9J3
4. Weeders https://amzn.to/37VuNpP
Hand sickle https://amzn.to/33GRHy5
5. Tool Tote https://amzn.to/2DGp0Xf
6. Water Wand https://amzn.to/33LGtYR
7. Watering Can https://amzn.to/2sz6NbS
8. Gloves https://amzn.to/2P6gaYd
9. Hat https://amzn.to/2DKkyqp
10. Pruning Saw https://amzn.to/2OIwm2U
Bonus gift. Garden Art https://amzn.to/2P48aHa

My camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-G85: https://amzn.to/2ReJj67

You can help support the GardenerScott channel in three ways and it won’t cost you anything:

1.) Be part of the community by liking videos, subscribing, clicking the bell, commenting, and sharing.
2.) Watch the ads whenever you can. It just takes a few seconds and helps me a lot.
3.) If you use Amazon and want to buy anything, click through with this link: http://www.amazon.com/?tag=gardenerscott-20

It doesn’t cost you at all, but it helps me pay for plants, gardening supplies, and all of the other costs associated with running a YouTube channel.

Thank you for your support!

As an Amazon affiliate I benefit from qualified purchases.

1. Francesco Gallarotti on December 29, 2021 at 2:36 pm

You haven’t ever really known how fun can watering with a water wand is until you tried the Japanese Takagi one. Highly recommended!

2. Elbert Hardy on December 29, 2021 at 2:36 pm

I love your ideas. Here’s one I would like to have several of: Micro-sheds for my garden tools near my elevated raised gardens. That way, I could just open a small door and my hand tools would be right there for me, safe and rust-free, and I would not have to trek back to my Garden Shed to get something I forgot. It could look like a tiny version of my shed or a log cabin or a miniature tree house. I could make them from RS Cedar or even recycled PVC sheets. What do you think of the idea? I could attach one to a fence post or a dedicated post, just where I want it. Anyway, thanks for this timely video!

3. Dee C on December 29, 2021 at 2:40 pm

A couple good gift ideas are sturdy boots or hard toed shoes , one that you won’t use in the garden but for the garden (at least i do to shred all kinds of paper for compost and gardening projects) a good shredder. I repurpose and reuse all kinds of things and having bins to store them in is a good idea too . Any tools really , even full size rakes, hoes, shovels,etc. Buckets are always great , 5 gallon and up to the 55 gallon barrels . Many recycling centers will either give away or sell cheap too. I love them for everything.

4. Natural Beauty on December 29, 2021 at 2:40 pm

Gardener Scott the leather gloves I actually bought some today and was skeptical because I’m always dealing with wet soil. I almost decided just to wear them as just regular gloves instead of in the garden. Do you wear them when you deal with wet gardening or dry? They seem too nice to get filthy. Maybe a silly question. Thanks.

5. hugelpook 5678 on December 29, 2021 at 2:41 pm

Just a heads up. Skin cancer is not caused by the sun. It is caused by not being able to process the sun’s rays, due to not consuming enough saturated fat. Saturated fat helps your body process the sun’s rays and vitamin D. So eat more lard, coconut oil and animal fats. They are necessary for many bodily functions and for optimal health. Think about it, we would be an evolutionary failure, as a species, if we had to hide away from the sun. Its common sense.

6. Koolbraider Daigle on December 29, 2021 at 2:44 pm

I second the hat gift after having two cancer removals. It needs to be a wide brim.

7. Chris Dahl on December 29, 2021 at 2:46 pm

I second your wand idea. I have both a long one and a short one. With grow boxes on railings the short one is easier to use.

8. Rda Myan on December 29, 2021 at 2:46 pm

You have really great videos! Very professional!😌

9. Ivory on December 29, 2021 at 2:47 pm

You’re the best Gardener Scott!

10. Stan Mack on December 29, 2021 at 2:48 pm

Great things to have Gardener Scott! I would also add some mosquito nets to areas like mine. They stop those pesky gnats from entering your eyes and orifices. Thanks for sharing.

11. Cathy Lombard on December 29, 2021 at 2:50 pm

I have a hat with a flap that covers my neck and upper shoulder after I had skin cancer on upper shoulder. I should have been wearing the hat for years.

12. Sibyl Cushman on December 29, 2021 at 2:50 pm

I love getting gift certificates to my favorite local nursery or online seed catalogs.

13. Britt Steiner on December 29, 2021 at 2:51 pm

You have such a soothing voice. Thanks for the ideas!

14. Diamond Chamberlin on December 29, 2021 at 2:51 pm

My son bought me a really nice large straw hat with a wide brim when we vacationed this year . I to have had skin cancer about 7 years ago . This was when I thought I didn’t " need" a hat ; or any kind of protection for that matter . Now I won’t go out in my garden or walking without a hat and sunscreen .

15. Dystopia Gear on December 29, 2021 at 2:52 pm

Don’t forget something to keep your cutting tools sharp. A mill/bastard file and a combination stone (one side coarse, one side medium/fine) is all you really need for gardening purposes. Except for small pruning shears and scissors, most garden tools do not need a perfect razor edge, but even a simple shovel works better when its edge is clean and reasonably sharp. Dull tools are harder to cut with, you’ll tend to force them, and that’s when accidents happen. Sharp tools are safer.

16. Francesco Gallarotti on December 29, 2021 at 2:52 pm

Surprised you didn’t mention copper garden tools, a perfect gift

17. Anne Studley on December 29, 2021 at 2:53 pm

I’d love it if someone would give me a garden fork and a wheel barrow.

18. Dave Amphlett on December 29, 2021 at 2:53 pm

Very good have learnt something I did not know about, the Hori hori never seen one or heard of it before have to lookout for one here in England.

19. Stephen Wilhelm on December 29, 2021 at 2:53 pm

I’m sure you heard it before, but you sound exactly like the late, great Andy Rooney from 60 minutes. When they come knocking to ask you to end their segments, remember me.

20. Adam Petherick on December 29, 2021 at 2:54 pm

How do you restart tumric for growing

21. Dystopia Gear on December 29, 2021 at 2:59 pm

In my opinion anyone with a yard/garden should have a good machete. I have two Tramontina brand examples, one with a 13" blade and one with a 22" blade. The long one is fantastic for lopping off hard-to-reach branches and hacking down low brush/grass/weeds without bending over. The smaller is obviously better for close-in work. Shop around online; you should pay no more than $25 and you can often find them for less.

22. John Fife on December 29, 2021 at 3:01 pm

Love the Hori Hori idea — reasonably priced, too.
    Dandelions? I saw your video about them and wouldn’t think of removing them!
    Watering can — essential when adding water-soluble fertilizers in the correct concentration. Otherwise I only use the wand.

23. larry cumba on December 29, 2021 at 3:01 pm

On your suggestion I bought the Epic Tomato book. Very reasonable price and a nice read. The author suggests a fertilizer ratio of 1.4.2. What your opinion of this?

24. Trần Thị Duyên on December 29, 2021 at 3:03 pm

Công cụ làm vườn tuyệt vời quá anh ơi

25. Tom Jones on December 29, 2021 at 3:05 pm

Wish Santa would bring three more fifty pound bags of alfalfa.

26. Oak Knob Farm on December 29, 2021 at 3:06 pm

I would accept any of those as a gift with much gratitude! Nice selection of ideas

27. Juice Artist on December 29, 2021 at 3:11 pm

Love this video!!!

28. Scott 1985 on December 29, 2021 at 3:12 pm

Hello Gardener Scott Great Channel My Friend Great 10 Gardener Gifts, Thank You For Sharing Take Care 👍 Just Another From Scotland UK

29. BunnedWiener on December 29, 2021 at 3:13 pm

I got my mom a nice hori hori last Christmas. She loves it!

30. Linda Davidson on December 29, 2021 at 3:13 pm

I’m hoping Santa will bring some quick connects for all the watering tools this year.

31. aveda faye on December 29, 2021 at 3:16 pm

i like that garden knife :3 yesssssssssssssssssss, this shall do nicely. i watched more for myself than for gifts as i am the only gardener among those for whom i regularly purchase gifts, and it was equally helpful for the purpose. thank you for the excellent suggestions 😊 (edited because my phone accidentally a few words there. hahaaaah 😑😑)

32. Carolyn Steele on December 29, 2021 at 3:18 pm

I’d love all those things, but my favorite is the hori hori. For years I couldn’t spend the money for a wheelbarrow and used a rusty, wobbly old thing til someone gifted me a new wheelbarrow. What a difference! Another cool garden gift for us old people is the kneeler/seat stool thing from Garden Trends.

33. Peter on December 29, 2021 at 3:19 pm

Amazing video, my dad loves gardening and i didn’t know what to get him.

34. Elaine Horsley on December 29, 2021 at 3:19 pm

Great ideas and I have most of those. I would like to comment on the watering wand, however. I have had SO MANY of these that just don’t stand the test of time. I wish someone would make a quality one that will last and not leak from multiple places on the wand and get you drenched in water! So frustrating! I would rate the Hori, Hori knife at the top of my list!

35. Ohske on December 29, 2021 at 3:20 pm

👍👍👍👌👍☺️

36. ShaeShae on December 29, 2021 at 3:20 pm

and the heavenly father so we shouldn’t have any graven images or idols

37. jirina satavova on December 29, 2021 at 3:21 pm

shame that this video has no subtitles I know little English and I would like to understand

38. Karen Latham on December 29, 2021 at 3:24 pm

I told my husband he could get me one of each for Christmas 😂. He laughed.. But there are some really good things here that I need 🙂 .

39. Brandi Isbell on December 29, 2021 at 3:26 pm

I couldn’t help but notice the bag. I bought the LIFE TIME membership to National Home Gardening Club and got that bag and tools and lifetime subscription to the magazine. Still have the bag but the magazine stopped coming years ago. Guess nobody told me I had a limited LIFETIME. But it was a great magazine while it lasted

40. Dot2Trot's Low Carb Living on December 29, 2021 at 3:28 pm

My husband told me not to watch this video until after Christmas. So thank you!

41. Debbie Hester on December 29, 2021 at 3:29 pm

Great ideas! Especially the whimsy! I have a "froghouse" in my flower bed and no child has been able to resist seeing if a frog was home. Most adults ask me if it "works"! Yes, it does!

42. heidigib01 on December 29, 2021 at 3:35 pm