25 Survival Vegetables To Grow In Your Apartment (pt1)

25 Survival Vegetables To Grow In Your Apartment (pt1)

In this video, we’ll discuss 25 plants you can easily grow in your apartment which will serve as a way to supplement your food supply during an emergency situation. Please consider subscribing to my newsletter by clicking here https://bit.ly/34futCW if you’d like to receive exclusive updates and content.

Link to nutrient-dense plants: https://bit.ly/3adYx2W

DISCLAIMER: This video description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps supports my channel and allows me to continue making videos. Thank you for your support! Support the channel by clicking here before you start shopping on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2vbNo1l (heck, even bookmark it for future use if you’re feeling extra generous).

Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/cityprepping
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/cityprepping
Twitter – https://twitter.com/cityprepping
Website: https://www.cityprepping.com

1. Marcia Bosteder on December 29, 2021 at 3:17 pm

Where would I order some micro seeds.

2. Miss Red Umbrella on December 29, 2021 at 3:19 pm

where is the info regarding the lights?

3. Nikki Palmer on December 29, 2021 at 3:20 pm

God help me this looks overwhelming

4. KENNETH BARNEYCASTLE on December 29, 2021 at 3:22 pm

DON’T EVER GO WITH THE CDC—CRIMES AND DEATH CORPORATION IS WHAT IT STANDS FOR

5. Marcia Bosteder on December 29, 2021 at 3:22 pm

I’m excited to start my winter indoor garden.

6. SlackersIndustry on December 29, 2021 at 3:23 pm

if it comes to growing food in your apartment your doing it wrong, get out of the city, u aint gonna grow enough to eat from there.

7. SINGKEW LAW on December 29, 2021 at 3:23 pm

DEAR PREPPER, FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE TELL PEOPLE TO START DEHYDRATING THEIR OWN VEGGIES AND FRUITS ALONG WITH MEAT. RONCO HAS(HAD) A DEHYDRATING UNIT DECADES AGO WHERE HE MADE ALL KINDS OF DRIED FOODS LIKE BEEF AND CHICKEN AND TURKEY JERKY. ALSO ASIANS HAVE BEEN DRYING FOODS FOR ONLY 1000 YEARS AND 10 LBS OF DRIED SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS EQUALS ABOUT 100 LBS OF FRESH. ALSO HYDROPONICS IS SO MUCH A BETTER WAY TO GROW ANYTHING NOT NEEDING SOIL, SUN OR MUCH WATER. THE MAIN REASON FOR MOST AMERICANS TO PANIC IN ALL THESE SHORTAGE ISSUES IS THAT YOU GUYS ARE SOOOO USED TO HAVING EVERYTHING ON EARTH AT YOUR FINGERTIPS AND WHEN SHORTAGES COME FOR ANY REASON, IT’S PANIC TIME FOR 500 MILLION OF YOU!!

8. space river news on December 29, 2021 at 3:24 pm

What i did was go to Lowe’s garden section and buy a pre planted tomato plant in a porch container. Then i got herbs and green pepper plant and grew it till it gave peppers.

9. P Heart on December 29, 2021 at 3:24 pm

I had a mini greenhouse on my balcony but the pigeons ate all my salad then nested in the trough. Now Ive got a coldframe. Day 3 its 8oc outside and 21oc inside the coldframe!

10. Christina W on December 29, 2021 at 3:25 pm

The scarlett runner. Heirloom bean with a beautiful red flower before the bean comes on.

11. Marie Carr Machin on December 29, 2021 at 3:26 pm

I just found you and I’m so happy that I did! Thank you for your videos! I’m learning a lot!

12. Georgia Lake on December 29, 2021 at 3:26 pm

Sprouts so easy and don’t need lights. Red clover sprouts very spicy. Good for small places and no money layout. Thanks for the video.

13. City Prepping on December 29, 2021 at 3:27 pm

14. Incorrigible Texan on December 29, 2021 at 3:31 pm

Look into hydroponics. I’ve been growing lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers cucumbers in a small closet with lights for a year.

15. Edd Ted on December 29, 2021 at 3:32 pm

Do more good tips; enjoyed this video!

16. Marie Guy on December 29, 2021 at 3:32 pm

Excellent. Just bought grow tent! Sorry, don’t trust CDC stats these days

17. Chris Bolin on December 29, 2021 at 3:36 pm

I didn’t see a link for grow lights

18. Bible Base Faith on December 29, 2021 at 3:37 pm

No. I don’t like lamp lights for my garden yuck! I rather have it natural from the sun yum. God created it with the sun not lamp. 🙂

19. Jasmine Rodriguez on December 29, 2021 at 3:37 pm

How about a roof top

20. Under whelming Curiosity on December 29, 2021 at 3:38 pm

A bag of potting soil costs around 3-5 I highly recommend just getting some potting soil and planting into there.
    Reason: food gets its tastes from the vitamins and nutrients it gets- that being said, growing it in water will essentially leave your crops tasting like water. Especially watery greens like lettuce and onions. Those $3 go a long way in giving your food better taste and nutritional value.

21. Joe Britten on December 29, 2021 at 3:39 pm

People seem to forget shit hits the fan happens it’s going to be all out chaos pack your kids and do what you gotta do our ancestors didn’t have it half the easy we do now there was no stores to buy shit to prep for anything they were on their own

22. Protect the children on December 29, 2021 at 3:40 pm

I used to grow tons of food in my camper when I lived in it. I grew strawberries, blueberries, broccoli, lettuce, spinach, Basil, parsley, chives, rosemary, thyme, runner beans, an apple tree, a pear treat, a peach tree, a fig tree, tomatoes, onions, kelp, grapes and water cress. I used all vertical space I could and my little camper 28′ long looked like a wild forest. It’s a lot easier and more satisfying. Now I have a small yard to grow in and miss seeing all the plants inside. I think it’s time to bring some back inside. You can find out how many plants per person for a full year. It’s less than you might think. And easier than you could imagine. Good luck folks

23. Jasmine Rodriguez on December 29, 2021 at 3:41 pm

How about roof tops of a house

24. KENNETH BARNEYCASTLE on December 29, 2021 at 3:42 pm

we ARE LIVING OFF ALL KINDS OF DIFFERENT SPROUTS—-AMAZON HAS A ASSORTMENT WE BROUGHT 2 YEARS OF SEEDS AND WE HAVE SPROUT GROUND UP EVERYDAY WITH A BLENDER AND HAVE THEM WITH A BOILED EGG AND COTTAGE CHEESE WE LIVE GOOD HERE

25. Michelle Nite on December 29, 2021 at 3:42 pm

Great information.. Thank you

26. miapdx on December 29, 2021 at 3:43 pm

Excellent! I live in an apartment in the city, my balcony is my garden. But this time of year, not so much. I needed to know the indoor options! 🌺

27. Jackie Ryan on December 29, 2021 at 3:43 pm

But like… if youre in a city you’ll die when the big one comes??

28. Gypsy_Haas on December 29, 2021 at 3:45 pm

If SHTF I don’t think we’ll be using LED GROW lights. You’re losing me…

29. sandra kennedy on December 29, 2021 at 3:46 pm

never eat the fruit or seed or leaves of potatoes. However the green leaves of sweet potatoes can be eaten. but always check first with , showing my age, books or videos to be sure.

30. Marcia Bosteder on December 29, 2021 at 3:47 pm

Your video is beautiful.

31. Drone on December 29, 2021 at 3:47 pm

cheery tomatoes requires less sunlight hours. So I was told.

32. kimberly bahrs on December 29, 2021 at 3:48 pm

Wow

33. Heather Martinez on December 29, 2021 at 3:51 pm

Need to find a successful way to have an indoor garden with limited space while protecting it from my cats 😭 ideas??

34. Rajeshwari Vasandani on December 29, 2021 at 3:53 pm

The great depression starts with coal shortages and absence of power how do you survive. Do we need to move to land surfaces

35. Andrea L. P. on December 29, 2021 at 3:54 pm

Strawberries
    Beans – pinto-soy
    Green beans
    Lentils
    Peas

36. Cranberry on December 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm

Parsley is an AMAZING plant! Especially those with dogs! They help keep their (and your) breath fresh, and it tastes amazing in every food!

37. steve assmann on December 29, 2021 at 3:57 pm

Good idea no an ideal

38. CM Johnson on December 29, 2021 at 3:59 pm

Great content!

39. Trish Abbott on December 29, 2021 at 4:02 pm

649

40. Lucy Rane on December 29, 2021 at 4:05 pm

Wow. What an extravagant waste of water there washing that lettuce. Makes me feel anxiety.

41. MrLONELYDRIFTER on December 29, 2021 at 4:07 pm

Grow in apartment food? If you follow this guys info your already dead. Cant grow food in apartment if theirs no soil and most of all water.

42. lisa bello on December 29, 2021 at 4:07 pm

every time you mention the CDC you loose a little more of my respect

43. Dandavats Dasa on December 29, 2021 at 4:08 pm

Based on what I have read Lentils plus Flaxseed equals a complete protein. Plain Lentils seem easy to sprout.

It seems that Insect & Mushroom farming might work in an apartment with good climate control.

Thank you for sharing helpful and informative videos!

44. Heather Underwood on December 29, 2021 at 4:08 pm

Really needed this video!!! Thank you!!!

45. G.S. V.M. on December 29, 2021 at 4:09 pm

AQUAPONICS.

46. space river news on December 29, 2021 at 4:11 pm

Have been growing tomatoes and green peppers in my apartment balcony. Got plenty of tomato and green bell peppers. Growing lettuce and potatoes next! Thanks for the video

47. KiwiTraveller on December 29, 2021 at 4:15 pm

On a deck in pots…grow from plants? Tomatoes, lettuce, spring onions? What else can one plant…not from seeds as I think it is easier from plants from a garden store?
    Has anyone got any advice also please…with thanks. In NZ we are into Spring and think October is a time to put plants in with potting mix? coffee grounds good for fertilizer? This is all new for me…:-)

48. arif ali on December 29, 2021 at 4:15 pm

I am sorry but I stopped at 6:30, thinking it has too long an intro!

49. luke john on December 29, 2021 at 4:16 pm