How to Build a EASY Raised Garden Bed LASTING 25+ years| CHEAP/ Lower Cost | backyard

How to Build a Easy | Lower Cost CHEAP Raised Garden Bed | LASTING 25+ years in the backyard garden
ALUMINIUM is SAFE to USE. LINK TO CDC FACTS : https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/phs/phs.asp?id=1076&tid=34 .

Mycorrhizal list : http://www.rootnaturally.com/PlantListMycorrhizal.pdf

FACEBOOK Page : https://www.facebook.com/iamorganicgardening

Subscribe to My CHANNEL : https://www.youtube.com/user/iamnjorganic

Back to Eden Organic Gardening 101 Method with Wood Chips VS Leaves Composting Garden Soil #2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAXrKFjs77o .

How to Build a Raised Wood Chip Organic Gardening Bed for beginners, Cheap Designs – Part 1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVaFsORKhl8 .

1. Amy Cheung on December 29, 2021 at 3:49 pm

Great job!

2. Guy Tech on December 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm

I am not sure aluminum is a good idea. Even if you found a gov’t website that states is safe, I would be my health on it being correct. Issue is that is that alum compounds that react with fertializers, as well as natural compounds in the soil or perhaps produced by microbes. Why take the risk?

My recommendations: Stainless steel flashing, Stone, or non pressure treated wood (can use non-boiled linseed oil to extend). If you use stainless flashing, it would be helpful to pacify it using citric acid.

3. Dreaming with Tess on December 29, 2021 at 3:51 pm

I can’t wait to try this! I don’t have a truck or tools to cut wood, so this looks like something I can do completely by myself! Thanks for sharing!!!

4. John Lowell on December 29, 2021 at 3:53 pm

Do you feel this design is better then the design you had previously with the fencing you used?

5. 88frko88 on December 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm

How thick is that aluminuim?

6. My Northern Garden on December 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm

Hello Mark. This is absolute brilliance and something I must do some time soon in my damp and rainy island known as the UK. Subbed!

7. Peace & Grace on December 29, 2021 at 3:57 pm

How do you reach the center of the bed from the outside, it looks just a little big ?

8. kspdt on December 29, 2021 at 3:59 pm

How many years will your first design last? The one with the screen and wood chips. Thanks.

9. Edwin Leach on December 29, 2021 at 4:01 pm

Great idea. This is what i’m going to do. Thanks for sharing.

10. Chris Sede on December 29, 2021 at 4:01 pm

Great idea, better than my idea of how to build a long lasting raised bed for cheap, but we both had aluminum in mind. The only thing is if you are using it to grow food products like I do then a circular shape is a terrible idea. The widest you want it to be is max 4 feet. That way you dont have to reach more than 2 feet from either side to harvest. Not sure how easily it would be to shape that cattle wire into a rectangle though since I never worked with that product before.

11. Toby on December 29, 2021 at 4:02 pm

Cool video, just subbed. You should use SMZeus . c o m to rank your videos.

12. Rasik Goyal on December 29, 2021 at 4:03 pm

Greatest design concept for someone who can handle 16 feet long panels. How thick is aluminum flashing? Would it get torn by grass edging tools or simple soil tilling in the bed?

13. Tammy Depew on December 29, 2021 at 4:06 pm

Could you line this with weed cloth instead of using the aluminum sheets?

14. Chester Hobbs on December 29, 2021 at 4:06 pm

I’ve been using 14" wide galvanized steel flashing to form 42" diameter round bins for a number of years. Ends are cupped to self lock. Nothing else required. Will last even longer than 25 years.

15. FreeAmerican2024 on December 29, 2021 at 4:07 pm

1:05 hog panel, not cow panel

16. rr bb on December 29, 2021 at 4:08 pm

I currently have two square cattle panel beds, but only had cardboard on hand for the sides to keep the “soil” in place. New property… new garden… just trying to get something started. I was wondering what I could do to keep things together once the cardboard degraded. Now it might be tricky to do after the fact, but I think I’ll try to slide some flashing in between the panel and the cardboard BEFORE it breaks down. I’ll have to use a really good pair of leather gloves to save my hands from the sharp sheet metal; but I really love this idea. Thanks for another great innovative tip. Keep ‘em coming. BTW nice legs 👍

17. Mai Phan on December 29, 2021 at 4:09 pm

I wonder you are in USA, I am in Canada the price may different, thank for your idea.

18. Carly Stewart Vernon on December 29, 2021 at 4:10 pm

Is there a possibility of aluminum leeching into the soil/food?

19. Trashpanda Deluxe on December 29, 2021 at 4:10 pm

How do you make the top edge safe vs razor sharp?

20. Don Thompson on December 29, 2021 at 4:10 pm

Where did you get the sign behind you?

21. Trieu Cao on December 29, 2021 at 4:12 pm

This is what I am looking for. Thanks for your ideas

22. hc on December 29, 2021 at 4:13 pm

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing.

23. John Crypto on December 29, 2021 at 4:14 pm

roof flashing comes in colors and you do not need the cattle panels as it is a circle. just overlap the coil a few inches and rivet it together. When its filled it will have equal pressure because it is round.
    14" brown alum flashing is 52 bucks at menards. you can get three 4 foot round beds per roll. less than 20 bucks per bed ( unfilled ). And they are brown. pool noodles would make an easy top edge guard for the flashing.

24. Aswaguespack on December 29, 2021 at 4:14 pm

With the recent escalation of lumber prices this becomes the best most economical way to make raised beds.

25. The Snekker Show on December 29, 2021 at 4:15 pm

That’s a cool idea, and I have some leftover flashing. With bare aluminum contacting galvanized steel, I’d be concerned about galvanic corrosion between the aluminum and steel once the galvanized wire starts to break down. Many aluminum flashings have a PVC coating, often brown on one side and white on the other, that might delay corrosion.

26. Jim McIntyre on December 29, 2021 at 4:15 pm

Ingenious!

27. DONALD DUKE on December 29, 2021 at 4:15 pm

BEST video I’ve seen in a long time ! ! Thanks for sharing it.

28. D King on December 29, 2021 at 4:16 pm

Just what I am looking for.

29. Andrew Beach on December 29, 2021 at 4:16 pm

what kind of wire did you use on the panels? And could you do these rectangular? Thanks Mark!

30. Blinddog on December 29, 2021 at 4:17 pm

I am not quite clear on how to make it round. Seems like it would be oval, what is the trick? I looked through all the comments but still not clear. Great idea and looking forward to building some this winter. Thank you for the video.

31. star k enterprises on December 29, 2021 at 4:21 pm

Terrific idea! Make 3 beds, use last panel piece cut up for trellises in bed. All materials used. Use a shovel to predig curved trench in a circle, easier to sink bed 10" using staggered cutting of panels. WWG1WGA MAGA GOD BLESS GOD SPEED GOD WINS.

32. Jeff on December 29, 2021 at 4:22 pm

You can make it more circular and secure by overlapping each end of the panel, then tie off with wire.

33. Angkit on December 29, 2021 at 4:23 pm

Thanks bro

34. Geoffrey Clarion on December 29, 2021 at 4:23 pm

I made your previous version and this current version, too. See link below for most recent version with two raised beds and a cattle panel that trellises between them. I prefer the most recent version but I think I’ll use the hardware cloth and woodchips for the next iteration. Thank you for providing creative, economical alternatives to the projects in which other sites are peddling expensive raised beds. Also, I think the folks concerned about aluminum are conflating aluminum in its metallic form and aluminum as part of a compound. Finally, any chance you can go into a little more detail about how you made your beds so circular?

35. Zach Knapp on December 29, 2021 at 4:24 pm

This is an epic idea. Thanks for sharing!

36. EngineerBrad on December 29, 2021 at 4:26 pm

I’ve only watched 3 of your video, this is gardening gold. $54 for the 20”x50’ roll of aluminum flashing. That will end up pretty cheap overall. That’s gonna end up cheaper than all my containers for my garden.

37. Papa Blue Shirt on December 29, 2021 at 4:27 pm

I like the idea, however I am curious how the aluminum is holding up. Anytime I flash with aluminum and it comes in contact with the ground it has a chemical reaction with the soil and gets holes in it. Could be my area has something in the soil that reacts. Anyway, how is it holding up?

38. Simone S on December 29, 2021 at 4:29 pm

Great design

39. Bob Job on December 29, 2021 at 4:34 pm

Good idea. The acidity of the soul will slowly wear out the aluminum. It will l st for decades. But you will have small amount of aluminum in your soil and vegees. Not big deal , just a full disclosure.

40. Steve shsi on December 29, 2021 at 4:34 pm

Why does he talk about his current weather?

41. TAMMY on December 29, 2021 at 4:37 pm

42. DrDuctTaper on December 29, 2021 at 4:37 pm

I like this idea but I am worried the metal will get hot in the summer here in Oklahoma. So I am wondering if we lined the walls with landscape fabric. The sides would be like one big air-pot.

43. MrLuvgarden on December 29, 2021 at 4:37 pm

Wow this is probably the best raised bed ive ever seen , plus it lasts a very long time ! 👍

44. Aleksandar Mistopoljac on December 29, 2021 at 4:38 pm

10+from nyc

45. jacqueline mccann on December 29, 2021 at 4:41 pm

I want to see how you actually used this garden bed. Did the sides bow out much? How well did the roots grow, even though the roots did not get any air from the sides?

46. Queen Elizabeth III on December 29, 2021 at 4:41 pm

It’s sad that it seems to be the soil that’s by far the most expensive part upfront, not the structure or anything else and thats including using cheap fill methods. Anyways thanks for the build!

47. J Dalton on December 29, 2021 at 4:42 pm

I would worry about the aluminum leaching in my garden. I don’t even cook with aluminum. Food for thought….especially if made from China!

48. Heyling Martinez on December 29, 2021 at 4:44 pm

This is great, thank you!

49. Manjushree TSL on December 29, 2021 at 4:45 pm

Wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing it.

50. Ernest Bodenmiller on December 29, 2021 at 4:47 pm

Used same materials but one bed 4×12 thanks for the idea!