Planting Fruit Trees // Gardening with Creekside

Planting Fruit Trees // Gardening with Creekside

We are planting fruit trees today! The cooler temperatures and more consistent rain of Fall make it the perfect time to plant trees, and today we are planting persimmons. These fantastic Fall bearing fruit trees have strong memories for our family, and we are excited to to be able to have a more consistent supply in the coming years of one of our favorite Fall fruits. Join Jerry and I as we plant four of these fun fruit trees!

Trees were purchased from https://www.starkbros.com/

Let’s Stay Connected

Website https://www.gardeningwithcreekside.com/
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/CreeksideNurseryInc
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/creeksidenursery/
Email jenny@gardeningwithcreekside.com

Creekside Nursery
181 Pine Hollow Dr
Dallas, NC, 28034

1. moonlight bae on December 29, 2021 at 2:57 pm

Hey Jenny! We love your videos🌱❤️🌱

2. Tracy’s Home & Garden on December 29, 2021 at 2:58 pm

Jenny,
    Is your soil naturally “red” or is it the lighting? 🧐. Interesting to find out the minerals in the natural soil.

3. billyjobobb W on December 29, 2021 at 2:58 pm

I can just see it some Thanksgiving. Play the video of grandma and grandpa planting the trees that grew the dessert.

4. Jacklyn Kary on December 29, 2021 at 2:58 pm

I have a Fuyu persimmons tree that is loaded with fruit this year. Last year, not so many. I would love your pudding recipe! I love my persimmons. I live in Portland, Oregon.

5. Logan Simpson on December 29, 2021 at 2:59 pm

Great video from the best nephew in the world

6. warp9p65 on December 29, 2021 at 3:01 pm

I bought an Ichi persimmon from Stark Brothers about 4 or 5 years ago. It’s grown a lot, but has not set any fruit so far. Hopefully next year!

7. Pranita Lakeram on December 29, 2021 at 3:01 pm

I’m jumping for joy as I watched this video Jenny. My brother just mailed a box of Georgia persimmon ,grow locally in Cherokee County GA. I look forward for this treat every October. I know we can buy them in the supermarket but doesn’t taste the same as the ones we get from Georgia. Look forward to watching your grow.
    PS ,my brother planted two ,its been about 4 yrs and now he starting to reap a few ,it’s so rewarding to harvest own pick fruit of any kind. Happy plant❤

8. Suzanne Buenaventura on December 29, 2021 at 3:03 pm

Would you share your persimmon pudding recipe? I’ve never heard of it. My sister has persimmon trees and she’s never heard of persimmon pudding. She would like to try it.

9. Thehealingberrygarden on December 29, 2021 at 3:06 pm

Can’t wait for you to harvest persimmons! I wish I could grow them here in my cold part of Germany, but summers are too short. Maybe someday someone will breed a variety suitable for harsher climates. 😉

10. Tam Trinh on December 29, 2021 at 3:07 pm

Why didn’t you plant them nearby your house? That would be easy for picking the fruits.

11. J Euler on December 29, 2021 at 3:07 pm

Such a sweet tradition to carry on!

12. Anna Davis on December 29, 2021 at 3:13 pm

That’s awesome Jenny! I have fruit trees as well and I just purchased a persimmon tree from Stock Brothers two weeks ago. Great company! I’m excited for you guys, so fun!

13. Elizabeth Greschner on December 29, 2021 at 3:13 pm

Omg I keep hearing persimmon and I told my spouse were putting in some fuyo because they’re nostalgic for me. And now you have made a video. Thank you Jenny!

14. Mary Klamm on December 29, 2021 at 3:15 pm

LOL on the bobcat with the big auger on it! Wondering how long it will take to get Persimmons.

15. JOSHI MUNDHOL on December 29, 2021 at 3:16 pm

Pls share your Good WhatsApp no. Pls please

16. JOSHI MUNDHOL on December 29, 2021 at 3:19 pm

Hi

17. Derron Gooden: Garden and Lifestyle. on December 29, 2021 at 3:19 pm

I’m the only one who wants to drive and operate that cool little machine? 😊😊

18. Quick Home Gardening on December 29, 2021 at 3:21 pm

Hi lovely video

19. stacey norton on December 29, 2021 at 3:26 pm

Would you share your recipe for the pudding

20. Beatrice Anderson on December 29, 2021 at 3:29 pm

Can we get your recipe or is it a family secret? Do you have a picture of this pudding?

21. Maricela Aguirre on December 29, 2021 at 3:31 pm

You both make a great team.

22. Karen Temple on December 29, 2021 at 3:31 pm

I think those trees were smiling because of their new home at Creekside! Lovely addition to carry on your family tradition. Thanks for sharing❤

23. ken boughton on December 29, 2021 at 3:31 pm

It augers well that Jerry has an auger.😁😷👍🌱

24. Tracy’s Home & Garden on December 29, 2021 at 3:32 pm

Persimmons are delicious…as fresh & dried too! Our Canadian climate is too cold to grow them so we only get them imported from
    Southern states and or from Asia. We have relatives in zone 7/8 in France that have trouble growing them. The fruits form but never get a chance to mature or ripe properly in their climate. It will be interesting how the trees will perform in your zone 7/8 Jenny. Happy gardening! 🙏❤️🇨🇦

25. Sharon Dvorak on December 29, 2021 at 3:36 pm

My neighbors have persimmon trees, and share the fruit with me every year. When they ripen, I process them, and freeze the pulp. I make persimmon bread. Good!

26. Ava Defreitas-Lee on December 29, 2021 at 3:38 pm

Great video and information on planning and planting fruit trees. I hope the trees survived the recent rains and winds from the past days. Love from NJ 💕

27. Pauline Wood on December 29, 2021 at 3:38 pm

What a great video! Beautifully done and very informative!

28. Mary Campbell on December 29, 2021 at 3:38 pm

Enjoy your videos and I love persimmon trees I planted two this year!

29. Karen Hart on December 29, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Did you know that they are a healthy fruit and considered a health source for us females ! Love them 🥰go Jenny 👌I know what your hubby’s favourite big toy is … don’t you lol 😂 thanks for your wonderful video 👍🧤👒🐨🇦🇺🥰💗🍂🌱

30. The Monte Phone on December 29, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Jerry!

31. glitter but on December 29, 2021 at 3:43 pm

thank you for sharing the video, it was lovely to see all the autumn leaves falling down while you were planting it made such a pretty picture. cheers 👍😊

32. Kate Hillenbrand on December 29, 2021 at 3:43 pm

I tried a persimmon… once. Didn’t like it. Now I know what I did wrong. Ate it raw.
    It reminded me of rose hips. My aunt’s and I would extract the juice from them and make rose hip jelly. It tasted, sort of, like honey.
    Maybe there’s a recipe for persimmon jelly.

33. Prima Csewhakan on December 29, 2021 at 3:43 pm

i love persimmon fruits

34. Diane M on December 29, 2021 at 3:44 pm

I love persimmons.

35. Fabio Leonhardt on December 29, 2021 at 3:44 pm

👍ok

36. Truth of the matter on December 29, 2021 at 3:44 pm

I worked at Stark Bros during the Spring and Summer in High School! I filled orders and learned how to graft them to a stronger root stock! It was about 20 minutes from where I grew up! They have a huge selection of fruit trees, roses, shrubs…

37. Gluten Free Cooking 123 on December 29, 2021 at 3:49 pm

Fruit trees are wonderful! Persimmon is one of my favorite fruits. I wish I could grow it in our area.
    Edit. Ok! Never mind, I just looked it up and it looks like i can grow it in zone 5! Yay! Now to find a place!

38. Marilyn Baldwin on December 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm

Very nice video of course I watch all of your videos I always learn a lot there was a lot of leaves falling behind you Jenny!

39. The Monte Phone on December 29, 2021 at 3:51 pm

!yes! Persimmon! No one grows persimmon.
    That’s awesome history of persimmon in NC.
    Koreans eat a lot of persimmons.

40. Stephanie Blume on December 29, 2021 at 3:51 pm

Enjoyed this video. And I loved the music as well. Thank you. My mom (from Virginia) loves persimmons. 😀

41. Brenda Donaldson Sarty on December 29, 2021 at 3:52 pm

Now I have to try persimmons! I think we get them up here in Southwestern Ontario grocery stores once in a while. Would you be willing to share your pudding recipe, or is it a family secret? Thanks for the soothing video.

42. Joy James on December 29, 2021 at 3:53 pm

I love how the leaves on the little persimmon tree are already changing color. Which one is that? Is it the Fuyu or Ichi?
    Thank you for the video.

43. Marian Andrews on December 29, 2021 at 3:54 pm

We planted 2 persimmon trees 3 years ago. We just started getting the fruit. It is delicious.

44. Priscilla Sapien on December 29, 2021 at 3:55 pm

I love your landscape just looking at your home in the background looks so peaceful. Thanks for sharing.