WAYS TO USE YOUR GREENHOUSE THROUGH WINTER – which plants can you grow?

WAYS TO USE YOUR GREENHOUSE THROUGH WINTER – which plants can you grow?

In today’s video, we look at ‘WAYS TO USE YOUR GREENHOUSE THROUGH WINTER’. We’ll go through plants you can grow in the greenhouse at 5°C, then at 12°C then finally at 18°C, so most budgets will be covered.
Many people pay a lot of money to buy a greenhouse, but then leave it practically derelict over the winter months, which in the UK, can easily last up to 6 months. Wouldn’t it be better to make good use of it and still get your plant and bloom ‘fix’? If the drab winter months and lack of outside gardening activity is getting you down, take a look at what you’re missing out on, and ‘could’ be growing in your greenhouse this winter!
I hope you enjoy this video!

🔴 Subscribe for more videos on Tropical Plants & my Greenhouse: http://bit.ly/2MdsLYX

🕘CHAPTERS🕘:
0:00 WAYS TO USE YOUR GREENHOUSE THROUGH WINTER – which plants can you grow?: INTRO
2:00 Traditional greenhouse uses in temperate climates
3:38 What to grow in a greenhouse in winter (minimum of 5°C)?
4:28 How do you control the temperature on a greenhouse?
7:51 What to grow in a greenhouse in winter (at a minimum of 12°C)?
8:00 Growing Cyclamen Persicum in a greenhouse
8:57 Which orchids will grow at 12°C?
9:07 Growing Oncidiums in a greenhouse
9:47 Growing Dendrobiums in a greenhouse
10:22 Grow Phragmipediums in a greenhouse
10:51 Growing tropical ferns in a greenhouse
11:07 Growing carnivorous plants in a greenhouse
13:15 Growing Cephalotus in a greenhouse
14:38 Growing Streptocarpus in a greenhouse through winter
15:28 Streptocarpus Dunii
16:36 Growing Pelargoniums in a greenhouse through winter
18:34 What to grow in a greenhouse at a minimum of 18°C?
19:18 Growing Mandevilla in a greenhouse
19:40 Growing lowland carnivorous plants in a greenhouse through winter

👥Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tropicalsat53/
📸Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tropical_plants53n/

#orchids #carnivorousplants #streptocarpus #tropicalgreenhouse

1. Royalize The Plant Man on December 29, 2021 at 3:19 pm

Always great videos. Its a great idea to see what u can keep over the season. My greenhouse is a cold greenhouse, a cheap one 😏. Hardy Cyclamen that i got dont like too much Rain, so whats why i got it. I got so many species now. I love your greenhouse i wish i had the money for a warm greenhouse heh. I can show u My cyclamen if u got a discord or email.

2. Glasshouse and Garden on December 29, 2021 at 3:29 pm

Love the species Strep. There is something fascinating about species plants, over cultivars. Love your glasshouse! Thanks for another great video.

3. Canadian Haven on December 29, 2021 at 3:42 pm

Hi Geoff, I’ve really been appreciating how you add the topic segments to the description as well as on the time line info. It’s very helpful to go back to re-visit the info, especially when several topics are discussed. Thank you for that and also producing another interesting video! All the best to you & yours, Ruth

4. Irina Gorlovitski - Orchids, hobbies on December 29, 2021 at 3:51 pm

Beautiful greenhouse! Beautiful plants! Happy growing!!!

5. Jx5h Ficus on December 29, 2021 at 3:53 pm

I bought an amazon poly greenhouse kit and DIYed the hell out of it, made a wooden base and 4×4 inside to make it 100x stable and sturdy. Inside has an Ink bird outlets, heavy duty extension outlets with fans, heaters and a evap cooler inside. I grow veggies lowland and highland carnivorous plants, and they are loving the hell out of it. I included some critters inside to live rent free. As long as they take care of the flies and other pests who come in. There are plenty of webs and spiders trenches in my pots. But they do no harm.
    so far it’s been so much fun. The summers are handled by my portable large evap cooler and the winter nights are handled by my heaters. But since I’m in texas, it’s not that bad.

6. Valarie Daugherty on December 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm

Hello Geoff, How is your Thailand black doing??

7. Michael McCarthy on December 29, 2021 at 4:06 pm

I thought the use for the greenhouse in the winter was as a man cave to escape the family? Where’s the 65" TV and recliner. (obviously no wine fridge needed, the outside will chill it)