How to Grow LETTUCE Seeds Harvest TONS in Container Gardening, Flower Pot Plants, Raised Bed, Window

How to Plant Seeds, Tutorial on how to grow Salad Lettuce can grow almost anywhere in the Garden. So easy to grow in many places all year with a few important things to remember, and I cover most all of it here to get you started on growing this wonderful leafy green. Here we grow lettuce all year, Winter, Fall, Spring and Summer with a few changes during the seasons. Here I show you why I need to container garden with holes made higher up as large trees take water from my vegetable garden. I love to let my lettuce go to seed, as I have found that those lettuce seeds always grow the best in My garden, totes, storage container and flower pots, as they grew here and they love our climate.

This is TULLE that Great Fabric SO CHEAP and last all year outside here, here is an aff. link to check out, many colors, I usually get one of the greens, but any color will work great: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5575376117&toolid=10001&campid=5338267736&customid=&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FTulle-Fabric-Bolt-54-X40yds-Wedding-Bridal-Party-Favor-Decoration-Tutu-Craft%2F381670793265%3Fvar%3D650737116165

GUIDE How to Grow LETTUCE Harvest TONS in Container Gardening, Flower Pot Plants, Raised Bed, Window
#gardening #lettuce #containergarden

1. Jennifer Ehinger on December 31, 2021 at 3:27 pm

Haha! I LITERALLY just did this today with the seeds!!!! I feel validated. 🙂 😍😘🥰

2. Frankly Frank on December 31, 2021 at 3:29 pm

Robbie I live in Louisiana and I have to tell you I love your videos especially the bird bath ones you have taught me so much. So this old Cajun boy just wants to say have a great day.

3. Tammy R on December 31, 2021 at 3:32 pm

Omg Kitty is soooooo cuuuuttttteeee!

4. Lady LaTre'viette Phantumhive on December 31, 2021 at 3:34 pm

I just enjoy learning from you 🥰. Your effortlessness is so admirable, I get a bit impatient because I just want to go out and buy tons of totes to get my garden set up exactly like yours. I wish I would’ve just made the investment back in February so that I could’ve had a lot more food growing by now.
    This is my first year growing and I have harvested some peas, yellow beans, and some cucumbers (some came out yellow). But it has been months, I should’ve had more to harvest than I have gotten. I feel like I under planted in the beginning of the season because so many gardens are overly technical about everything and was giving advice that lead me to under plant out of the fear that nothing would grow. Your videos make me want to risk more! Since this is my first year, I would rather have more than I can take care of vs not having enough to get a proper harvest in a reasonable time frame. Thanks for the videos! I’m glad you are uploading more often ❤️.

5. Paula Touhey on December 31, 2021 at 3:34 pm

I didn’t realize you had chickens too! Please show us your chicks!

6. eli Hart on December 31, 2021 at 3:34 pm

That baby chick though! LOL – love it. 💕

7. Midsouth Homestead on December 31, 2021 at 3:35 pm

Robbie, last year here in Southwest Tn. I grew lettuce on top of our WELL that had a heat lamp in it to keep the water from freezing.
    I put an old swing set without the swing over it. Then draped plastic at night to keep the frost off. We had LETTUCE all winter long!
    Thank you so much for sharing your tips! Happy Gardening in 2021.

8. Barbara Milbradt on December 31, 2021 at 3:37 pm

Thank you!

9. Susie Jones on December 31, 2021 at 3:37 pm

When did you get a baby chick? How cute

10. Michele Stout on December 31, 2021 at 3:38 pm

Great information as usual ❣️🙏🏻🙏🏻❤️

11. Patricia Sutton on December 31, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Please what what is the name of lettuce of that lettuce? Kitty I think love all veggies, she’s so cute~ I used Tulle today to hang my cantaloupe from the trellis, that it’s being trained to climb up out of the tote from, Just cut a big circle and a small zip tie, left a little room to put a bent piece of wire in and bent the other end and hooked it on the trellis, used a cement pouring wire used to reinforce cement pours and bent into an arch, we get lots of compliments from it, used a throw away twin bed as our raised be, litteraly its a raised bed.
    We have 6 totes & it’s full. Love gardening this way, thank you Robbie!

12. Sue G on December 31, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Great advice, thank you Robbie 😊

13. Lilly Rose on December 31, 2021 at 3:40 pm

I am growing lettuce for the first time thank you for the video mine did bolt love the little chick are you raising chickens now?

14. Patricia Simmon on December 31, 2021 at 3:40 pm

Thanks Robbie! Will try this. Good to know it’s a good companion plant. Always like seeing Kitty get a snack. 💕from Ky.

15. R Emanuel on December 31, 2021 at 3:41 pm

What variety of lettuce do u grow

16. Evlyne Aleshire on December 31, 2021 at 3:42 pm

Lettuce seeds are so tiny. What a great way to collect and plant those seeds.

17. My World My Way Helen on December 31, 2021 at 3:42 pm

Lovely 🥰

18. Sandi Lindemuth on December 31, 2021 at 3:43 pm

Thank you. Just luv kitty. So cute. Does she have a bark.

19. Kate Spencer on December 31, 2021 at 3:44 pm

I so enjoy ur videos I learn so much

20. Mona Griggs on December 31, 2021 at 3:46 pm

Robbie what kind of lettuce do you geow??🥰

21. L Michelle on December 31, 2021 at 3:47 pm

I just love how excited you’re sweet Kitty gets about the fresh picked foods! The video are always amazing & kitty is the cherry on top😊💕🐶

22. Mountain Creek Homestead on December 31, 2021 at 3:47 pm

Just sprouting some on my covered screen porch that gets good light but is cool, hoping it will grow even though it’s summer 85°+. So excited

23. Still Sally on December 31, 2021 at 3:47 pm

Hi Robbie. Great, informative vid! 🌱🕊️
    🌟Can you please talk about, and show us what you have going on with your chickens? 🐣🐤🐔Would love to hear more about them!💖🙏🏼🤗
    Thank you again!

24. Lucyna Blacha on December 31, 2021 at 3:48 pm

👋 🌝❤️

25. Gina S on December 31, 2021 at 3:50 pm

Oh my gosh you have chickens too!! I still wanna see the rest of your Yorkies!

26. Jeanette Smith on December 31, 2021 at 3:51 pm

What kind of lettuce do you plant?

27. Barbara Milbradt on December 31, 2021 at 3:55 pm

What variety is that please? Name?

28. Debie Gordon on December 31, 2021 at 3:55 pm

🌼You are such an INSPIRATION💚💚💚 Did u first start that ROMAINE LETTUCE from a PURCHASED packet? If so,do u recall the TYPE? I just can’t get a good variety to grow BIG like urz…must be all those🐛🐛🐛 WORMS…which I sadly do not have😜

29. Dee Ladybug on December 31, 2021 at 3:59 pm

Thank you for sharing how you grow greens. You’ve inspired me.

30. susanh2610 on December 31, 2021 at 4:02 pm

Thanks for the great information! I so look forward to your videos and learning something new from them!

31. Imogene Thomas on December 31, 2021 at 4:03 pm

What variety of lettuce do you grow?

32. Leslie Arellano on December 31, 2021 at 4:04 pm

Thank you so much!! I recently watched several of your videos and I will definitely get started with many of your methods they are genius thank you once again!!

33. rebecca tabor on December 31, 2021 at 4:05 pm

Okay I think I’ve watched every video for a year or more first time checks or chickens have been mentioned I wondered why you didn’t have some. Tell us more about them

34. Tule Lazule on December 31, 2021 at 4:05 pm

what kind of soil?

35. Roots2aGarden on December 31, 2021 at 4:06 pm

I let my lettuce go to seed not on purpose but now I know better how to grow it. Thanks for sharing and take care.

36. Jonny_mazerati on December 31, 2021 at 4:07 pm

That’s your baby chick ? Who else knew they had chickens ??

37. kleineroteHex on December 31, 2021 at 4:07 pm

Yes, I am growing whatever kind it is the third year now, seeds galore, it’s already bolting again. I let the largest healthiest plants go to seed. Once they are done blooming I cut some stems off, stick them upside down into a paper bad and hang it to dry. Some time in the winter I get rid of all the stems.

38. Debi Hediger on December 31, 2021 at 4:08 pm

As always, an enjoyable little respite and learning at the same time…love it!

39. Snuggles Plays! on December 31, 2021 at 4:08 pm

You’ve never mentioned chickens before….are they new? Tell us more!

40. 2L82Sk8Bye on December 31, 2021 at 4:11 pm

I just had to share this with you. I live in New Hampshire and I have been gardening for quite a few years. My problem—all my trees grew taller and shaded my former garden area. I found your videos about two years ago and decided to try your container set up because I could position them anywhere in the sun. Since doing that I have had fantastic results. This year I took twigs and branches for the bottom of my containers, then leaves and smaller twigs, a layer of kitchen scraps then last year‘s compost and topped it off with potting soil. I have to tell you I had a four pack of zucchini; I planted one zucchini in each of two containers and put the other two in the ground. The zucchini in the containers are now six times larger than the ones I planted in the ground on the same day. This has turned out to be a great method for me especially since my growing season is so short. Thank you!

41. Jaded Optimist on December 31, 2021 at 4:12 pm

The drought in California is manmade. Do a YouTube search for: Cloud seeding. If they direct the rain in one part of the country……it goes to another. More Polly channel on Bitchute (YouTube banned her channel named Amazing Polly) showed a recent video of a Canadian Premier THANKING the military for making it rain in parts of Canada. Please do your research like your lives depend on it.

42. Mountain Creek Homestead on December 31, 2021 at 4:12 pm

Just sprouting some on my covered screen porch that gets good light but it cool, hoping it will grow even though it’s summer 85°+. So excited

43. Shelley hope on December 31, 2021 at 4:15 pm

To get my favorite lettuce seeds, I buy org. lettuce from store. Eat the outside leaves, then root the middle in my window to plant. It will bolt quickly and then I have seeds… sometimes growing in the walkway like weeds..lol. Thank you for teaching me to container garden. My garden is looking great and we don’t forget to "Eat what we grow" daily. Love you guys. 🌻

44. Lynda Buchholz on December 31, 2021 at 4:18 pm

Thanks for the great idea. It gets so hot here I can’t grow lettuce but now I am going to try a tote on the north side of my house. Thanks!!

45. Janet Carroll on December 31, 2021 at 4:19 pm

Please tell us more about your chickens!

46. Asteri ETERNAL on December 31, 2021 at 4:22 pm

Thank-You❣👍👍

47. haydeh abdolahian on December 31, 2021 at 4:22 pm

Thank you I learn something new every day from you 🥰

48. irene gold on December 31, 2021 at 4:23 pm

I love your channel. Thank you

49. Lupita Bautista on December 31, 2021 at 4:24 pm

Can you make a video on your chickens?

50. Lucy Young on December 31, 2021 at 4:24 pm