What's it Like to Live in a Greenhouse? Houseplant Home Tour — Ep 163

What's it Like to Live in a Greenhouse? Houseplant Home Tour — Ep 163

I know I’m not the only one who has wondered what it would be like to live in a glasshouse. Well, look no further, because I found an ecological community in Culemborg, Netherlands, who actually DO live in greenhouses. Arguably, one of the finest in the community, is a modified glasshouse owned by Amar and Jeroen, and for which we’ll take an extensive tour—both indoors and out on the grounds.

This Houseplant Home Tour on ‘Plant One On Me’ is brought to you by our partner-sponsor Espoma at www.espoma.com. And thanks to Elori Kramer for helping take the bulk of the edit on this!

__

“Plant One On Me” is a channel produced by Summer Rayne Oakes of Homestead Brooklyn that is primarily focused on houseplants and outdoor gardening. Our mission with the channel is to bring people closer to plants by bringing plants closer to them through engaging, entertaining, and educational content.

If you enjoy the content and want to support the channel, you can do so by becoming a Sustaining Member for as little as $5/month: https://bit.ly/2MvqUPz

Write your questions and suggestions in the comments below the videos and on Instagram @homesteadbrooklyn #PlantOneOnMe.

——————————–
😎 COOL STUFF ↴
——————————–

➨ Become a houseplant guru with the Houseplant Masterclass:

➨ Get the 125 Houseplant Care Spreadsheet and the Houseplant Care Tracker™:

➨ Order “How to Make a Plant Love You” the book:

➨ Homestead Brooklyn Shop:

➨ See my Houseplant Picks and Storefront (with affiliate codes)

And want to be kept up-to-date with all the great giveaways, gardening news, and latest videos and blogs?

——————————–
💚FOLLOW/SUB ↴
——————————–
▶ Subscribe to YouTube: https://bit.ly/2y1TSym
▶ Instagram+IGTV: https://bit.ly/2R60nsJ
▶ Facebook: https://bit.ly/2QkpKWq
▶ Twitter: @sroakes (https://twitter.com/sroakes)
▶ Blog: http://homesteadbrooklyn.com/
▶ Plant Swaps: http://homesteadbrooklyn.com/plantswap
▶ Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/clrKeL
——————————–

——————————–
😄SUPPORT ↴
——————————–
if you like this episode and the others, then be sure to “Subscribe” to this channel and hit the Notifications bell. This really does help keep the channel moving forward! Also, you can become a pillar of support for the channel by becoming a Sustaining Member. More information here: https://bit.ly/2MvqUPz

1. Nilda Garcia on December 31, 2021 at 3:27 pm

Beautiful 🏡 and plant’s

2. Merbella on December 31, 2021 at 3:29 pm

Plants and cats 💞

3. Mahalie Stackpole on December 31, 2021 at 3:31 pm

Absolutely stunning home, what an incredible life he, his plants and partner are living.

4. OG-GREEN MACHINE on December 31, 2021 at 3:31 pm

Would BUG the hell outta me…

5. Rosie Ire on December 31, 2021 at 3:32 pm

So amazing ♥️

6. MaLourdes evelyn Evangelista on December 31, 2021 at 3:34 pm

I love Amar he is really natural and no air that’s it

7. Anders Nørregren on December 31, 2021 at 3:35 pm

So sad you think able trees a so special.

8. Linette Easton on December 31, 2021 at 3:36 pm

His flowers 🌺🌸🌻🌴🌿🌷🍂🌱🍃💐 🏵️ are beautiful, serenity and peaceful home. Love it thanks for sharing video. Such a calm place. ❤️❤️

9. E'van N. Doan on December 31, 2021 at 3:36 pm

the guy from the netherlands is so soft spoken.

10. Hshsj Dhdj on December 31, 2021 at 3:38 pm

I was truly impressed with the tour. As a house plant enthusiast, the tour has provided me with new plant collection ideas. Great presentation.

11. J Franc on December 31, 2021 at 3:39 pm

The house, the plants, the weather, the cats!!!!! OMG it’s literal paradise!

12. Zothan Puii on December 31, 2021 at 3:40 pm

Enjoyed till the end…. hope to see you guys soon 😇😇🙋

13. Jonita Rose on December 31, 2021 at 3:42 pm

Amar is so pleasant and his home is stunning and inspiring. This episode was a real treat.

14. Deborah Mouille on December 31, 2021 at 3:43 pm

What a delightful video, really enjoyed all the knowledge shared! Soothing to the soul! Thank you so much for sharing your home with us! Beautiful, just beautiful! 😉

15. Simple Things With Tami on December 31, 2021 at 3:44 pm

I love your content 💓

16. J Franc on December 31, 2021 at 3:46 pm

I can imagine having a tea party in one of those tables while it raining and surrounded by cats. OMG it’ literal heaven!

17. Jessica Daimée on December 31, 2021 at 3:47 pm

Passionating dream house but a lot of work too. I love it !!

18. oliviairving114 on December 31, 2021 at 3:49 pm

For those who dismiss the Bible and those who dismiss creation, here is the story of Adam, living in a garden, with animals as his companions. This procreation and maintenance of nature has been done by a couple of persons, since the occupant states We, continually. One presumes a couple since he never said My brother and I, My friend (Peter) and I, My sister and I, My mother and I, My Dad and I, My cousin and I, etc. The guy only has one species of animals but picture a vast piece of open land whose border could not be seen. There are insects that he did not put there and no other human did. So with a vast expanse of land, animals of various sizes can fit in to the picture.

19. Judy Fenske on December 31, 2021 at 3:51 pm

I have not heard anything on the idea of turning the plant around weekly, to allow all sides to get equal light. Hmm. It does work, for those who haven’t done this.

20. LEAD BELLY on December 31, 2021 at 3:52 pm

I hope this paradise did not smell of cat pee…I was so disappointed when I discovered the gorgeous cats were “indoor” cats!

21. AJ’s Green Thumb, LLC on December 31, 2021 at 3:52 pm

Thanks for sharing this beautiful upload!

22. oxb on December 31, 2021 at 3:52 pm

all pots seem similar – are these hydroponic? Amazing content!

23. Ari Rogers on December 31, 2021 at 3:53 pm

Wow your house is just incredible. I really wish to have this for myself one day. Absolutely heaven thank you so very much for sharing

24. Jacynda Minor on December 31, 2021 at 3:53 pm

Maaaaan, Summer really lit up when she FINALLY got to talk about bugs, it’s like all she needed. Her smile got huge, it was fun to see her nerdtfo like that

25. Topaz fire on December 31, 2021 at 3:55 pm

I think this is a wonderful idea a good way on saving on your grocery bill and if you do everything right and safe way to eat.

26. Jan Isherwood on December 31, 2021 at 3:55 pm

What an exciting Tour! Love hanging out with horticulturists! Epic Garden and Conservatory!!!

27. Jennifer Baker on December 31, 2021 at 3:56 pm

I’m so glad that I found your site as this was a wonderful and informative tour. I’m trying to work out how to protect my garden from the severe heat that will soon come and which burns and scorches leaves (I’m in South Australia). I also love the way that the plants indoors humidify the air and also of course clean the air. There was an episode on TED talks by a man in India who has air-conditioned and removed toxins in the air in his factory in India with plants – I know NASA did a similar thing for space travel which came out in book form. Thank you so much for the video

28. Finn The Human on December 31, 2021 at 3:57 pm

the biological predators for pests is so amazing

29. Laurie Liebers on December 31, 2021 at 3:59 pm

just cant take all the sterile white pots

30. Deb Benning-Edgar on December 31, 2021 at 4:00 pm

So beautifully wonderful❣️😍❣️

31. Tony Feuerhelm on December 31, 2021 at 4:00 pm

…wow all the haters…disturbing…

32. SeattleGal on December 31, 2021 at 4:03 pm

Sharon fruit or Diospyros Kaki is known as a persimmon.

33. Christina Shek on December 31, 2021 at 4:06 pm

Your impression on the sheep’s hehe. Cute x

34. Laura Berry on December 31, 2021 at 4:06 pm

Fabulous! I absolutely love everything about this house, garden etc.

35. Philipp rdawg on December 31, 2021 at 4:08 pm

this dude is soothing my soul

36. Liane Lindsey on December 31, 2021 at 4:10 pm

So amazing!

37. Claire Kelai's Original Music 可来原创 on December 31, 2021 at 4:14 pm

Where is this village located? cannot find the information through the video.

38. Carolyn Rae on December 31, 2021 at 4:15 pm

What a fabulous collection both inside& outside. I do hope the chickens get have a little roam in the garden at the end of the day before roosting… they would certainly appreciate some of that surplus Swiss Chard hanging in their coop to peck at too.

39. Paul H on December 31, 2021 at 4:16 pm

It this guy started an ASMR for sleep channel he could make millions, such a soothing voice 🙂

40. 365 Designs on December 31, 2021 at 4:16 pm

Amazing in every way😀 Curious: Would this be USDA zone 8a …. I’m loving the outdoor survival of the windmill palm and Musa …. Also, Id love to find more information about this village and these houses. What a great way to live😀

41. go to Kalimantan Ⱄ ⱄⰔ on December 31, 2021 at 4:19 pm

live in green house

42. Summer Rayne Oakes on December 31, 2021 at 4:19 pm

I’ve been getting some comments from folks on my other videos as to why I’m not safely sheltering in. Please note: I am safely at home in New York—sheltering in. These videos have been filmed BP (Before Pandemic). As you can imagine, we don’t produce, film and edit these on the fly. They really do take a lot of time, care, and effort for us to produce, so tend to come out several months later. Regardless, I hope you enjoy this 75-minute episode while we’re all sheltering in. Stay safe everyone. Sending you much love, light, and plants. 🙏

43. Boringo PR on December 31, 2021 at 4:22 pm

32.50 breadfruit is native to the south pacific countries like Malaysia Indonesia and New Guinea

44. Tony Feuerhelm on December 31, 2021 at 4:22 pm

…strange…not being well traveled (never leaving California in 60 my years) all I imagined the Netherlands to be is dark and frozen…Thank you for posting…A.C.Feuerhelm

45. Dianne Holden on December 31, 2021 at 4:23 pm

I loved 😍 this!

46. zzz on December 31, 2021 at 4:23 pm

> What’s it Like to Live in a Greenhouse?

Oh we’ll all find out in a couple years

47. Fiona on December 31, 2021 at 4:23 pm

What a wonderful video!

48. Cef Cat on December 31, 2021 at 4:24 pm

Touring again. I love it that man and nature just blend into each other here.

49. Urban Gardening with D.A. Hänks on December 31, 2021 at 4:25 pm

This style of architecture is known as an envelope house. They gained popularity in the 1970’s during the oil embargo, when everyone was still heating with oil. I had completely forgotten about this building method.

50. rosaria martins on December 31, 2021 at 4:25 pm

Amazing. I like this a nursery house. I have a plan to living like that in the future