1. Peter Lord on January 4, 2022 at 3:10 pm

These are just Great to Watch I am so glad that they have put them on Youtube to Watch and Enjoy. I will be Showing these to Lot’s of my Gardening Friends to Watch.

Thank You So Much for Allowing us to Watch them.

I saw him when I was a Young Lad and still Remember him to this Day.

2. vincent neale on January 4, 2022 at 3:11 pm

What a joy to see Geoffrey Smith,  a gardener who was a real gardener down to earth and so full of knowledge I have his to books of this series and the veg series Still missed very much

3. brian goodwin on January 4, 2022 at 3:12 pm

does anyone know the name of the theme tune?

4. simodo11 on January 4, 2022 at 3:18 pm

Wonderful presenter ,used to watch this with my big brother and we were young ,so good to listen to,and you learned a lot from the show

5. RommelADC on January 4, 2022 at 3:19 pm

Haven’t seen Geoffrey Smith on Television for years. He was a gifted gardener and  presenter. I think he did a programme on alpines as well. It’s a longtime ago now.

6. Carl Conway on January 4, 2022 at 3:20 pm

Thanks for posting, go you have any more of these please?

7. Graham Palmer on January 4, 2022 at 3:22 pm

Smithys’ brass band theme music. The only GW tune I can remember; & regularly hum/whistle without prompting.
    But what is it ?!

8. Paul Braxton on January 4, 2022 at 3:23 pm

What a wonderful treat! Amazing memories of a well loved man and his knowledge and enthusiasm from a time gone by. Any more of these Geoffrey Smith programmes available?

9. R1Skinny on January 4, 2022 at 3:24 pm

What a cracking bloke Geoffrey was. He was a genuine character who really knew his onions (pardon the pun). I’m no gardener and I was just after some info on planting fruit trees. Geoffrey has still provided me with very handy tips even after the guy is no longer with us. Cheers.

10. perrin6 on January 4, 2022 at 3:29 pm

Love it – takes me back to when I ‘were a lad’. have you got the titles with ”on Ilkley moor’

11. 2learn4ever on January 4, 2022 at 3:29 pm

Delighted to find this video of Geoffrey Smith. Searched in vain for years for videos of his vegetable growing programmes. Would love to see them again sometime.

12. Sexton Blake on January 4, 2022 at 3:31 pm

Used to love these programmes. Now I have found them again just in time to guide and inspire me at my smallholding.

13. Roger Steven on January 4, 2022 at 3:34 pm

My favourite gardener and I loved the music. Sad to hear he is no longer with us.

14. asbpresentations on January 4, 2022 at 3:35 pm

This was gardening before the middle-classes poked their noses in.

15. Chris Smart on January 4, 2022 at 3:44 pm

my Dad rated this guy, he was no nonsense, he knew his stuff

16. J E Lee on January 4, 2022 at 3:47 pm

A wonderful man, shame on the BBC for not having recordings anymore (unless they are hidden)! He was superintendant at Harlow Carr for about 20 years and wrote so well. The Desert Island Discs he was on is still available.

17. 166PolarBear on January 4, 2022 at 3:52 pm

a brilliant gardener/presenters,he was so underrated,should have been offered more shows

18. Bob thebomb on January 4, 2022 at 3:54 pm

Bloody BBC. If they are not going to make these available on DVD the release them to YT for free. We paid for them.

19. ianmedium on January 4, 2022 at 3:54 pm

Thank you so much for these. As a child and young man I used to love watching this gentle man. If you have any more I would love to see them!

20. philip blunt on January 4, 2022 at 3:55 pm

can anyone post his veg garden programe,would love to see that again.
    presenters today aint a patch on this chap.
    Great stuff.