Commercial Greenhouse Tour. Olson's Greenhouse

Commercial Greenhouse Tour. Olson's Greenhouse

I was invited by Bryan at Olson’s Greenhouse to come and do a tour. This was an amazing day. I loved all the color that was there.

Olson’s Greenhouse: https://ogg.com/

GoPro Hero 7 Black: https://amzn.to/2XyzKPg
Eley Hose Reels (so awesome): http://bit.ly/2WD76fv
Gorilla dump wagon: https://amzn.to/2LOGmYY

If you like my content please like, comment, and subscribe to my channel.

Want a hat or a lawn rebel shirt? Email me what you want. $25 per shirt or hat.

Contact: connor@lawnrebel.com

#lawnrebel #connorward #greenhouse

If you would like to support me please consider buying your lawn care products using this DO MY OWN affiliate link. http://shrsl.com/10htz

Send me stuff

PO Box 6392
Logan, UT 84341

————————–

Music Credit

Ronald Jenkees – Aquatic Jambiance

1. Mark F on January 11, 2022 at 4:09 pm

Wow great video, learned a lot.

2. Batte Mann on January 11, 2022 at 4:13 pm

I was at the store last night with my wife getting flowers and all I could think is – What kind of operation is required to get ALL THESE flowers to the stores that sell them. I guess now I know 👍

3. Tertia.E011 on January 11, 2022 at 4:13 pm

Giving a plug to Olson’s but as it turns out they have billions of seedling plugs already.

4. ColonelK0rn on January 11, 2022 at 4:18 pm

Wow, I’d totally go on a day trip with you and your family there. I know that we’d have a blast. Did you pick up many plants?

5. CC CC on January 11, 2022 at 4:18 pm

Moreeeeee plants… What happed to Rodney

6. saggypapper on January 11, 2022 at 4:20 pm

dude out here with a rocking mustache

7. peacecompass on January 11, 2022 at 4:23 pm

very amazing to see the automation and the scale of the operation. something i found unexpected was that the cuttings come from Central America. -LM

8. Amy on January 11, 2022 at 4:24 pm

So fascinating! That must have been a cool excursion for you.

9. RainMan15 on January 11, 2022 at 4:25 pm

This is really cool stuff, thanks for sharing.

10. unlabuntenga on January 11, 2022 at 4:26 pm

Good Video!

11. Perrie Allen on January 11, 2022 at 4:27 pm

Really interesting to hear about the restrictions on imported cuttings. I wonder why you can’t ship them rooted? I’m curious how they hold up, are they shipped in water? Thanks for the tour!

12. Evergreen Garage Shop & Home on January 11, 2022 at 4:28 pm

Looks like a great time!

13. Garrett Scott on January 11, 2022 at 4:28 pm

That was a million times more complicated than I thought possible. All that automation is unbelievable! Thanks for sharing.

14. LawnCareDad on January 11, 2022 at 4:29 pm

Awesome vid! Love learning about new things, and this was spot on! Thank you.

15. thelaC100 on January 11, 2022 at 4:32 pm

Wow very impressed with the behind the scenes work involved in getting the plants ready.

16. Scott Ro on January 11, 2022 at 4:32 pm

Connor… that was pretty awesome! This is only the 2nd time I’ve posted a comment in my YouTube life (1st was the Oh Video). Seeing this video makes me want to quit my job and do something different. With that said, it’s not in the wheelhouse yet. Keep up the good work and I hope to having my place looking like yours in a couple years. Thank you!

17. The Lawn Guardian on January 11, 2022 at 4:32 pm

That was really cool to see that whole operation. Thanks for sharing, Connor.

18. Ginger Armstrong on January 11, 2022 at 4:33 pm

Wow 40 acres is very impressive! I think it would be really fun to work there. I had no idea about the sunpatiens being bred specifically for sunlight, really cool info! Was the watering system a custom design? He seemed really proud of it, but I would be too!

19. Lawns Across America on January 11, 2022 at 4:33 pm

"Pre-Dibbling" was my specialty in college

20. Driven on January 11, 2022 at 4:34 pm

Just down the street from me.

21. nick ostler on January 11, 2022 at 4:36 pm

I had a feeling you lived somewhere in central/northern Utah. Olson’s greenhouse is two miles from me. Great family.

22. Michael Marsh on January 11, 2022 at 4:36 pm

Way cool

23. kmonnier on January 11, 2022 at 4:37 pm

This is torture!! Free range plants only!!

Said no one ever…

24. v8soarer1991 on January 11, 2022 at 4:38 pm

Plugging with toilet rolls

25. Grace Bethel on January 11, 2022 at 4:39 pm

man they have a machine for everything! I’ve never seen one for making the paper liner plugs, that was pretty cool I like planting into those since they biodegrade and seem to help ease transplant shock. I thought he was joking when he said they’re going to get a robot to place the plugs but he didn’t laugh so I think he was serious 😅 I just hope they don’t end up getting fully run by robots and machines! even though automation is obviously much more efficient in a larger operation such as this… It was cool to see the "ski lift" watering system for the hanging plants, and how many hanging plants they had, using their space wisely

26. WesleyAPEX on January 11, 2022 at 4:40 pm

Hopefully they hire Americans not illegals. Who wants to live in a country that doesn’t hire its own citizens??

27. Jason G on January 11, 2022 at 4:42 pm

That was pretty cool. So do you think that air pruning would be good for grass? That’s why people aerate? Exposes the roots and the grass plant wants to spread out?

28. Lonicera Lyttle on January 11, 2022 at 4:43 pm

I love the ski-lift watering system. I was interested to here him say that the plants came in from Costa Rica. With Grapevines, there’s a long period of quarantine before new material is allowed to cross borders.

29. Ryan Schultz on January 11, 2022 at 4:43 pm

Very cool Mr Ward!

I have a similar sized greenhouse by me. I just go and walk around sometimes because it’s incredible.

Sun patients are where it’s at. I love them especially since I have full sun.

30. Andi Lameiro on January 11, 2022 at 4:44 pm

Until now I didn’t know greenhouses of this this scale existed, I’d never really thought about where nursery bedding or houseplants come from. It’s wild to see the precision of technology that can be so successful in propagating plants. I wonder how much energy it takes to run a commercial greenhouse like this and how many out there run on completely renewable energy sources?

31. yes sir on January 11, 2022 at 4:44 pm

How do you find buyers for those tho.

32. Don’s Lawns on January 11, 2022 at 4:44 pm

Like watching an episode of How It’s Made with Connor Ward.

33. JACK SKILLMEN on January 11, 2022 at 4:46 pm

Beautiful!

34. Matthew DiNatale on January 11, 2022 at 4:48 pm

Wow thats really neat! Cool vid bra

35. Michael H on January 11, 2022 at 4:49 pm

Ant wait until there are places like that for weed

36. Tony Downs on January 11, 2022 at 4:49 pm

Very interesting, thanks

37. A’s Lawn and Landscaping on January 11, 2022 at 4:49 pm

Super cool! Very informative! Nice video!

38. Bruce Solomon on January 11, 2022 at 4:52 pm

Hi Conner,
    From 1:18-1:27 there is a purple shower sprayer connected to a pipe that is watering having plants. It is made by Dramm. There is a version attached to a watering wand that employs that shower head available at Home Depot and other retailers that sell Dramm. I highly recommend it. There are others on the market but none compare to Dramm’s. It’s the product that put them on the map.
    Dramm also produces some of the highest quality hose end lawn sprinklers that I’ve ever seen. I’m not just stating that they’re the highest quality on the market today, but their hose end sprinklers are of the quality that hose end sprinklers were in the 1950s and 1960s.
    I recommend that everyone including those with built in systems to purchase each of these Dramm sprinklers:
    1 ColorStorm Oscillating Sprinkler
    1 ColorStorm 3 arm Whirling (revolving) Sprinkler.
    1-2 ColorStorm Impact Sprinklers
    1 ColorStorm Turret Sprinkler

While this seams excessive they are tools and each has different specialties. During the course of the height of summer, spot watering will be needed. Having these tools will fill the specific needs to complete you tasks effectively. Thought they produce a few other models, each of the products that I’ve recommended will be top tier performers and should last a lifetime.

For those who have large lots but no irrigation system I recommend a National Walking Sprinkler.
    They are also built for a lifetime of use. I know people who’ve inherited them and have had them for life. You will still sometimes need the same stationary sprinklers for occasional spot watering in the height of summer but they are a great convenience compared to stationary sprinklers most of the time.

I don’t rep for either company. I just know how to spot quality when I see it.

39. Mitch Slayden on January 11, 2022 at 4:53 pm

I used to run the Garden Department up at Home Depot in Eagle, Idaho. Super interesting to see this side of the Olson’s business. We’d get massive trucks of their plants every week.

40. Gixer750pilot on January 11, 2022 at 4:54 pm

God bless cheap Central American labour

41. Sam Nez on January 11, 2022 at 4:55 pm

thats amazing that they can produce so much on just an acre

42. Lawnvolution on January 11, 2022 at 4:56 pm

I had to watch again. Unbelievable, this green house operation👍

43. Colstoun on January 11, 2022 at 4:59 pm

Love this video, would enjoy more content like this!

44. Cory on January 11, 2022 at 4:59 pm

Wow! that was great to see. I wonder if that have to worry about plant diseases coming from the cuts that are being sent to them?

45. Alex1911 on January 11, 2022 at 5:03 pm

Looks like a nice business! I always wanted a greenhouse to supplement my landscape business and grow my own annuals. But this looks like a ton of work. Guess sticking with growing shrubs, perennials and trees that need much less intervention and infrastructure will need to suffice.

Would be a nice business to run though, and easy to scale up with either more workers, automation efficiency, or expansion of greenhouses.

46. Dmitriy B on January 11, 2022 at 5:05 pm

First from Washington

47. John Kay on January 11, 2022 at 5:05 pm

Fascinating. Connor do you have a greenhouse or plans to use a small scale one in the future?

48. Spanky's lawn Care LLC on January 11, 2022 at 5:05 pm

One of your best videos

49. Brett's Grasscapades on January 11, 2022 at 5:06 pm

Though you suck mightily this video is fascinating.

50. Charlotte on January 11, 2022 at 5:07 pm

Wow, you can really see how hanging basket plants would expand productivity!