4 Tips For a Huge PEPPER Harvest

4 Tips For a Huge PEPPER Harvest

In this video I’m going to go through my top 4 tips to get a huge pepper harvest. Organic gardening doesn’t have to be difficult. I want to make it very easy for you to learn how to grow peppers with great success by giving you easy to follow garden tips.

RELATED VIDEOS
16 Companion Plants for Peppers:

Pepper Growing Mistakes:

FERTILIZERS & OTHER PRODUCTS I LOVE

JOIN OUR PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP

Website: https://www.NextLevelGardening.TV​​​​​​​
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nextlevelgardening
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/nextlevelgardening

1. Mardas thomas on January 13, 2022 at 3:23 pm

I live in Southern Maine. My pepper plants both sweet and hot do very well each year. I have a totally organic garden, sandy rocky soil and other than composted rabbit manure and leaves, i put nothing into the soil for peppers. They seem to do well in soil that drains well and i agree with keeping them warm. I have been using a thick layer of straw around all the plants as we still get chilly nights in the Summer. Grass clippings are good too. I have never used any of these fertilizers as mine grow like bushes and last year my poblanos got almost a hundred peppers per plant. Not all large but very hot buggers. I sometimes have topped a few sometimes not. I love reading all of these comments as knowledge is power when gardening. I guess i’ll keep doing what i’m doing as i’m having great results with less being more. I also grow cantaloupes and sugar baby watermelons with good results. I also mulch them with the straw and cover them if it’s going to be a really cold night. Temps in Maine can get wacky, it was 98 for two days last week and was only 58 degrees yesterday lol. That’s a big swing. Full sun for my guys, Thanks all of you for your comments and input. I was a city slicker until i moved to Cornish Maine and have learned almost everything about gardening from youtube and a couple of great books on organic gardening. My best crops are my tomatoes. Those I put half of an alewife fish into each hole before planting. I catch them in the spring and freeze em until ready to use for fertilizer. They break down quickly. Different climates and soil require different methods. My soil has endless round stones must have been a river bed many moons ago. I rake them out each year making my rows and save them for drainage around my house and other things. From about a foot down it’s all sandy and rocks. I’m rambling too much lol. I hope those of you affected by drought this year are able to water your gardens and no lose any plants. We just got rain after a few weeks of nothing. May all of you organic mechanics have a great 2021! tom.

2. Mykoe9 on January 13, 2022 at 3:23 pm

Phish phertilizer!

3. dragon3831 on January 13, 2022 at 3:23 pm

This video was very helpful, thankyou

4. Adakin Aguirre on January 13, 2022 at 3:23 pm

propagate

5. alexis sabbagh on January 13, 2022 at 3:24 pm

Should we pick 5 Jalapeño peppers before they turn color as well?

6. John Jude on January 13, 2022 at 3:26 pm

Might try your bag that pepper and tomatoes trick. And they do just seem to turn on after making fruit.
    I’m also trying the over the winter trick

7. Amy Walker on January 13, 2022 at 3:27 pm

Very informative. I started several varieties of peppers from seeds including a few I ordered from Eastern Europe on May 16th indoors under grow lights. They were very slow to sprout and have sat with their two first leaves for weeks. I couple of weeks ago I started putting them outside to harden them up and give them more sun exposure. After all this time, I am finally seeing the beginnings of the secondary leaves. They were never put out below 50 degrees and now we are getting very nice, warm summer weather in the 70’s and 80’s. I have fed them, watered them, talked to them, yet only the black and chocolate varieties from Ukraine are showing any enthusiasm for growing, and even they are taking their sweet time. The multi-colored peppers just sit and do nothing. I’ve tried half strength fish emulsion, then Mor-Bloom a week after that. I suspect the potting mix I bought may be nothing more than sticks and little rocks. My carrots, potatoes, squashes and pumpkins are growing great guns. Why will my pepper plants not grow? How can I get these plants to kick into action?

8. M. Malek on January 13, 2022 at 3:28 pm

I’d have to say that the tip about waiting until it’s hotter outside was the most valuable for me. No one else has talked about why a lot of peppers get stunted and stay very small after they’ve been put out in April or May. I put my peppers out at the beginning of June this year and it made all the difference. I didn’t even realize how I’d solved my own problem until I heard your tip. You’ve saved me a lot of agony from another potentially failed crop of hot peppers.

9. Mardas thomas on January 13, 2022 at 3:29 pm

I meant to add, I am going to top more of them this year, i used to look at the different varieties and some seemed to grow with enough branches whilst others needed to be clipped. I too was wary about doing it but am happy to see it’s a good thing. I also will try epsom salts a few times. Has anyone had any peppers cross pollinate? Last year i had some wax peppers which were very mild in heat. However, One of the plants produced very hot wax peppers from the same seeds as the others! I had no idea why originally. Please let me know if this is possible. It was growing next to jalapeno plants. Peppers are wonderful. I make salsa using five types of cherry tomatoes and either poblano or jalapeno’s to create the level of heat. I get fresh peaches to die for up the street at another farm. If anyone want’s my recipe i will gladly upload it. Honestly, it’s the best salsa i have ever had. I can’t eat really hot salsa so i make mild to hot for friends and relatives and a few to sell. If you can’t get peaches, the regular recipe is great either way. My salsa is close to Mrs. Renfro’s which i spent a few years trying to copy. Except, i love cherry tomatoes and use thousands in a large brewing kettle when i make the salsa. The colours and smell is intoxicating. I’m going to get another espresso and go check on my garden. It’s such a rewarding, therapeutic, healthy, hobby. Alot of good tips on this site. MT

10. Eli Bennett on January 13, 2022 at 3:30 pm

On hormones:
    – the auxin produced in the tip flows down the plant and _inhibits_ the growth of side buds. Pinching removes the flow of auxin to the side buds, removing that inhibition, allowing growth
    – the ripening tomato releases another hormone, ethylene
    – plant hormones are neat!

11. Edaliz O'Bear on January 13, 2022 at 3:31 pm

Thanks for the tips! I think you just saved my peppers! LOL. I didnt know why my peppers were "rotting" and I was going to pull the plants, but there just burning from the sun! I’m looking forward to seeing how the change in fertilizer worked out for you.

12. Emily Hsueh on January 13, 2022 at 3:32 pm

Thanks for the tips! It was really good that you show us Celsius too. I’m from NZ and it is always hard to get what exact degree we need to germinate or grow plants when we use different temperature unit system. Again, thanks so much.

13. Kurt Wauters on January 13, 2022 at 3:32 pm

Nice video 👍🏻
    1 comment on the rock phosphate:
    Unless the soil pH is below 5.5 what’s unlikely, the rock phosphate stays water insoluble and not available to the plant.

14. Josh Ahl on January 13, 2022 at 3:33 pm

king

15. Robert Tillotson on January 13, 2022 at 3:33 pm

I have super hot pepper plants. Your suggestion of close growing is only good on normal heat types that may get 2 foot. Super hots typically get 3-4’ wide and high. For this you must have 30-36 inch spacing so the plants can breath. 24” if normal heat like Habs or jalepenos. For wetness, it’s better to get laser drip lines 1/2” tubing, 9” spaced of 1gal/hr emitter., have them in loamy soil bed where one line is running left of plants about 4-5” and one line right of plants 4-5”. Having this combo gives slight overlap of watering. Do it deep like 45 minutes every 3-4 days. Do testing at first to regulate needs of soil watering. Your plants will get huge and produce big. As for fertilizer, totally agree with slow release in spring, then mid summer. Prep beds in fall with replenished compost and minerals, and some slow release as well to help keep balance of soil nutrients.

16. Clara Stevia on January 13, 2022 at 3:33 pm

Peppers harvesting ..
    Yay nice moment
    Garden lover .. yay..

17. DIRTY_ELITE_MODZ on January 13, 2022 at 3:34 pm

I’m growing some jalapeños atm for the first time just sucks in the uk

18. Gabby Gertie on January 13, 2022 at 3:36 pm

I have a lot of growth at the bottom or base of my peppers plants. Should I snip off a few of these leaves?

19. dragon3831 on January 13, 2022 at 3:37 pm

This video was very helpful, thankyou

20. Will G on January 13, 2022 at 3:39 pm

always double plant my container peppers

21. Mayeth Dela Torre on January 13, 2022 at 3:40 pm

Thank you for the information.

22. Cynthia Williamson on January 13, 2022 at 3:41 pm

Great tips!

23. W1ch1’sPink on January 13, 2022 at 3:42 pm

I’m curious, wouldn’t two peppers beside each other be fighting for nutrients? Or wouldn’t the roots kinda like choke each other out? Please let me know why two pepper plants beside each other works best. Thank you for sharing : )

24. Allie In Wunderland on January 13, 2022 at 3:43 pm

I have 6 different types of peppers planted but only thing me actually has fruit on it. It has been 110-117 daily so I’m not sure if that has something to do with them not fruiting ☹️ this is my first year gardening and I feel like I’ve failed. My lemon cucumbers won’t fruit either…all peppers and cucumber plants are huge and healthy but with zero fruit, with the exception of the one pepper plant 😞

25. Rachael Rutherford on January 13, 2022 at 3:44 pm

Great information

26. Wilfox Real on January 13, 2022 at 3:46 pm

Should I use urea a week after transplanting? Thanks for sharing this video.

27. Janner99362 on January 13, 2022 at 3:48 pm

I know comment also count when it comes to the the algorithm,,,, So this is just to say, thank you

28. Robert Tolley on January 13, 2022 at 3:48 pm

New post, new first garden all my peppers split main stems ?????

29. Suseek*54 on January 13, 2022 at 3:49 pm

I think I’ve seen people thin out the leaves as the fruit is growing to allow more sunlight. Any opinions on that?

30. Lilla Higdon on January 13, 2022 at 3:49 pm

👍

31. Maria-Giuliana Latini on January 13, 2022 at 3:49 pm

Any way to discourage rats from biting the stems?

32. P. Brooks McGinnis on January 13, 2022 at 3:51 pm

All War is Evil
    No More War

33. David Atkins on January 13, 2022 at 3:52 pm

This year I added 8-24-24 fertilizer to the planting holes and I’m having my best ever pepper crop.

34. Jesslyn Hendrix on January 13, 2022 at 3:55 pm

My peppers are already planted and JUST starting to flower. Any benefit/recapture to adding phosphorus now?

35. Mark Migz on January 13, 2022 at 3:57 pm

For fertilizer can I use eggshell instead of tomato? Answer pls thx

36. Shelley Miller on January 13, 2022 at 3:58 pm

This is my first year growing yellow banana peppers. Some are past your recommendations but will give it a go!

37. Rita Stutler on January 13, 2022 at 4:03 pm

New sub…thanks so much..I have had a pepper completely cut down by a cut worm…also Neem oil sounds like a good idea….will start watching u.

38. Lisa Todd on January 13, 2022 at 4:04 pm

My biggest problem is there is a 40° difference between 4 am and 4 pm.

39. Bethany Slatcoff on January 13, 2022 at 4:07 pm

Thank you ! Absolutely trying this

40. Suseek*54 on January 13, 2022 at 4:08 pm

You’re the best Brian! I watch your videos over and over every year – trying to embed this knowledge in my feeble brain 🙂

41. Yvonne Chau on January 13, 2022 at 4:09 pm

Struggling with my peppers this year 😕

42. Nekole J on January 13, 2022 at 4:11 pm

Wat if my pepper plant has a pepper or two alredy on it…do I still top it or do I pull the peppers off…wat do I do from there?

43. rodney adams on January 13, 2022 at 4:15 pm

well same tip tell everyone. fill milk jug up with water and rinsing out on plants. milk has calcium . I also drink orange juice has calcium add to it. so fill them up with water poor plants. C ,N , P three big mininales plants need . empty milk jugs out free way add some C to beds. also save milk jugs if get 50 them empty rain barrow in them. leave rain barrow empty for next rain. if leave barrow full. if rains wont get any more water. get people use water barrow that works fine. like if fill milk jugs up then barrow already empty for more rain water.

44. Rolf Hoffmann on January 13, 2022 at 4:15 pm

What?

45. BlueLo BlueLo on January 13, 2022 at 4:17 pm

Very helpful and interesting! Thanks!

46. Happy Canuck on January 13, 2022 at 4:17 pm

I successfully overwintered 2 plants, 1 cayenne, and 1 jalapeno. I had them in my basement under a grow light this last winter and they are currently performing great in their second summer season outdoors. 😀

47. CATRYNA WHITE on January 13, 2022 at 4:17 pm

Thank you so much. It is always more rewarding to watch an experienced gardner who lives in a Mediterranean/desert climate like myself who offers more substantial info that will work for us.

48. Roger Clarke on January 13, 2022 at 4:18 pm

Pot or protect your peppers if you live in a cool place like Port Sydney, I did a small experiment one year and found that pots over 9" are best it was the biggest ones I had at the time. I have been going for 12" since the Dollarama ones breakup after 3 years and need replacing. I also use seed from supermarket peppers (the sweet minis) they produce like crazy, I have one plant with 11 pepper or more depending where you draw the line between flower and fruit.

49. Ann Joy on January 13, 2022 at 4:18 pm

I really appreciate the tips. I just have one questions. I dont remember if i pruned off the top of my pepper plant when it was still a young plant, and it is a long stem and looks like it is focusing all of the growth at the tip. Could i prune the top of the plant now and will it still produce as much peppers down the lane?

50. alexis sabbagh on January 13, 2022 at 4:22 pm

So we want to prune the top and grow suckers and not pluck them correct?