Grow SALAD GREENS all WINTER for 10 dollars or less

Grow SALAD GREENS all WINTER for 10 dollars or less

Doug and Stacy live OFF GRID in a LOG CABIN where they grow and harvest most of their own food. Today we show you how to grow salad greens all winter even in the snow. Give us five minutes and we will show you how and its cheap and fun!
↓↓↓↓↓↓ CLICK “SHOW MORE” FOR RESOURCES ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Subscribe to OFF GRID with DOUG & STACY: http://bit.ly/2nrYf24

HERE ARE THE T SHIRTS ~ https://www.bonfire.com/store/official-off-grid-with-doug-and-stacy-merch/
and as always THANKS FOR WATCHING AND SHARING our videos =)

MAKE SURE TO GET TICKETS TO OUR HOMESTEADING LIFE CONFERENCE HERE: homesteadinglifeconference.com

*******************************************************************
SUPPORT US WHILE YOU SHOP:
~~~~STUFF WE USE AROUND THE HOMESTEAD ~~~~

CLYDES GARDEN PLANNER ~https://www.clydesvegetableplantingchart.com/ COUPON CODE “OFF GRID”

MASON TOPS FERMENTING KIT —————-SPECIAL DEAL!!
Fermentation Tools & Accessories for Mason Jars

ALL AMERICAN SUN OVEN —————-SPECIAL DEAL!!

LOG OX https://www.thelogox.com/ COUPON CODE “OFFGRID”

SWISHER LOG SPLITTERS https://www.swisherinc.com/log-splitters.html COUPON CODE “OFFGRID”

*REMEMBER ~ IF YOU USE A LINK THAT HAS A COUPON CODE MAKE SURE TO USE IT FOR YOUR PURCHASE

WE ONLY GET CREDIT IF YOU USE THE LINKS ABOVE AND WE THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR SUPPORTING OUR WORK =)

** REMEMBER THE LINKS ABOVE COST YOU NO ADDITIONAL MONEY TO SUPPORT THE CHANNEL AND SOME OF THE LINKS ACTUALLY SAVE YOU MONEY =)
*******************************************************************

*********LET’S GET SOCIAL*********

Facebook: https://facebook.com/OFF-GRID-with-DOUG-and-STACY-170678803427358/
Instagram: https://instagram.com/offgridwithdougandstacy/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/2_off_the_grid

Join our Facebook group “Homestead Homies” :

Watch more OFF GRID with DOUG & STACY:
Recent Uploads: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLylxeR881sUYoq8JwpuDK5dCriBfVnJDh
Popular Videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLylxeR881sUZE7Aju2pbW89kMc-6K8o9z
Foraging and Fermenting: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLylxeR881sUYYnbMvzh7YZjfYes0SA9UH
Off Grid Homestead Remedies: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLylxeR881sUZd2Gd_N5bIK_GGbjlbeZ5X

Email: offgridwithdougandstacy@gmail.com

About OFF GRID with DOUG and STACY:
We moved to our 11 acres in 2011 from a large city in the Midwest with zero carpentry and farming skills. We live with no solar / wind power / public water or well. We share our adventure to a sustainable life, growing our own food from vegetables to meat. We post videos DAILY and they range from HOW TO to EVERYDAY LIFE and NUTRITION on the off grid homestead. We were city folks just like you probably and wanted to enjoy life and have more control over our food. We share food recipes as well as natural remedies.

1. My African Garden on January 23, 2022 at 4:51 pm

Can every thing grow in it?

2. The Junk Journey on January 23, 2022 at 4:51 pm

I am currently growing and eating greens from the tote system but would like to add cold frames. Has anyone ever built them into a hill? I need to terrace a South facing slope but am wondering if the back side would need to be insulated? And what if one was exposed to the elements on all sides (protective fence or railing section at the top of the hill)?

3. Kimberly Clark on January 23, 2022 at 4:52 pm

Great ideas Stacy! I’ve been growing hydroponically but I need to build a cold frame!

4. Antia Chen on January 23, 2022 at 4:53 pm

Hi I love your video and thinking to have a cold frame too. Do you think if it will work in the balcony? Can it still keep those salad warm in the winter?

5. C'Ann on January 23, 2022 at 4:54 pm

Chocolate tea link? 😁👍

6. Susan Hatch on January 23, 2022 at 4:54 pm

Thanks Stacy. I loved your idea of cold frame and the tote bin for planting greens in the winter. I want to try it. Susan Hatch💟

7. doves61210 on January 23, 2022 at 4:55 pm

Thank you for the simple and affordable tip of the storage containers Stacy! We had our windows replaced in the house and plan to use them for a greenhouse. We also plan to maybe use some for a box as you described. Thank you for sharing so many tips to help your fellow homesteaders.

8. Sarah Collins on January 23, 2022 at 4:55 pm

I am going to try cold frame

9. ashley s on January 23, 2022 at 4:56 pm

I love everything about this video

10. Rhonda Hammond on January 23, 2022 at 4:56 pm

This just blessed me I’m.going to start some this weekend. I.think ill have time before my spring crop. Thank you

11. Ryan Chaloux on January 23, 2022 at 4:57 pm

Definitely going to be doing cold frames this year. My wife and I are working toward self sufficient living. As you say, closing the gate.

12. Laura Conlin on January 23, 2022 at 4:58 pm

We may not have a choice with this Admistration……learn to grow…VICTORY GARDEN!

13. Homesteader Lane on January 23, 2022 at 4:58 pm

Don’t think it will work here at-20. But I grow in jars inside. 🙂

14. Mona Griggs on January 23, 2022 at 4:59 pm

Thanks for the great ideas!!😊💞

15. Jane Badon on January 23, 2022 at 5:00 pm

Arugula is my fav too!

16. Trump Lost LOL on January 23, 2022 at 5:00 pm

Not here in the West Coast. There won’t be enough sun to grow anything. Just buy a grow lamp and grow some microgreens indoor or even in the garage.

17. Sally in CT on January 23, 2022 at 5:01 pm

YES YES YES!!! I am DEFINITELY going to do either cold frame, hoop house or even totes…I WANT to be able to keep my herbs ALL thru winter!!! Sooooo VERY excited to try them all this year!!!
    Thanks for sharing Stacey!!! 😁👏😘

18. Ezra Stoddard on January 23, 2022 at 5:05 pm

How do you build a cold frame?

19. Deborah Martin on January 23, 2022 at 5:05 pm

Would any of the chemicals leak from the sun into your plants

20. Heaven 7 on January 23, 2022 at 5:09 pm

This is great. No flim flam, rustic down to earth and very possible for me. Thanks.

21. Chelsea Rutledge on January 23, 2022 at 5:11 pm

That tote trick is such a great idea! We don’t get supper cold temperatures here in Texas but just cold enough for things to not survive. I will defiantly give the tote idea a try next year. I would love to have a cold frame as well. We will have to start putting away some money to save up to build one for next winter! Thank you!

22. Colorado BirdNerd on January 23, 2022 at 5:13 pm

Thanks, Stacy! I’m going grow my salad greens this way! What an awesome idea!!! You guys are the best!

23. Frances B-P on January 23, 2022 at 5:13 pm

Brilliant!

24. Colorado BirdNerd on January 23, 2022 at 5:13 pm

Hi again, Stacy! When I was in 4-H in the early 60s in northern Minnesota, my Dad made me a cold frame with a salvaged French door as the lid. He added a thin board on each side with notches in it so I could raise the lid and prop it at different heights, depending on the daytime weather. LuvUguys!!!

25. kevin mcmullen on January 23, 2022 at 5:14 pm

do the back sides of the cold frame need to be insulated, can you use any kind of wood to build one

26. The Urban Garden on January 23, 2022 at 5:15 pm

Just found your channel! I’m happy I did. I’ve been binge watching and catching up. 😂 Love your passion for getting back to nature

27. D Frost on January 23, 2022 at 5:15 pm

Great video thank you 😊🌱🌾🍀☘🌿

28. Mr. Guy on January 23, 2022 at 5:18 pm

Take out rutabaga stick them in long boxes , put them in front of sunny window , pop the tops off eat , and let them do their thing .

29. Lost To Adventure on January 23, 2022 at 5:19 pm

I was thinking about when I could plant my arugula and my leafy greens. Thanks for this video 😊 Also wondering if you have some great salad dressings that keep well and use all the time on greens?

30. gypsygirl731 on January 23, 2022 at 5:22 pm

👍

31. J G on January 23, 2022 at 5:24 pm

☺️

32. Big Jon on January 23, 2022 at 5:24 pm

good video

33. Abigail02 on January 23, 2022 at 5:25 pm

Oh man I don’t want to die but no one’s listening I e been trying to tell my family but ears closed I’d love to self sustain but no job no money makes it so hard.ive got a little money I just need some guidance to be able to do this I’m in Chicago to cold in winter.

34. Jennifer Ehinger on January 23, 2022 at 5:25 pm

I popped the little clear boxes that roasted seaweed comes in over some bok choy and cabbage bottoms and they are growing great!

35. Sheila Purvis on January 23, 2022 at 5:26 pm

I have two glass storm doors stored in my shed. I think I will put them over my raised gardens for this winter.

36. Vr2uslyVegan on January 23, 2022 at 5:27 pm

I learned to do those from my granny. Here in Sweden she tought me my first steps as a homsteader. Teaching the old ways of doing things. We sprout and eat weat, oat, and corn among other things too, for our sallads in winter time.
    Love watching you guys! Thanks for sharing every thing with us!

37. Casey White on January 23, 2022 at 5:29 pm

I dont know if my dad is going to try it he waches all of you videos

38. Tamara on January 23, 2022 at 5:33 pm

Now I must go looking for old window frames that are free. Got to make one.

39. Rose Marie prudhomme on January 23, 2022 at 5:33 pm

my 2nd yr. doing this

40. Theodora Cantu on January 23, 2022 at 5:33 pm

I’m so excited, I’m trying the cold frames thank you!

41. Indonesian Mommy on January 23, 2022 at 5:37 pm

my own kale and arugula in winter? oh yes i will build a cold frame soon! thanks!

42. Skywatcherdiane Quantumshifting on January 23, 2022 at 5:37 pm

Hi Doug and Stacy 🙋 Great advice. Hope you are having a wonderful day! 💖💕

43. Rachael Pohlman on January 23, 2022 at 5:39 pm

Thank you Stacey!
    You are such a blessing and warm welcome in these cold months when gardeners feel out of place without plants to love on and grow.
    Your cheery attitude and ambition are truly appreciated.
    This video has given me the inspiration to reattempt brassicas and lettuces!
    I LOVE greens, kale, collards, broccoli, & cabbage. But the pests here are too heavy, and i don’t use pesticides. We also have 4 seasons similar to you guys, hot, humid summers & snowy, icy winters. So tender sweeties, like lettuce, can be challenging for some gardeners (like me 👩‍🌾).
    So after 3 4×8 beds (a lot of garden real estate) were completely a wash (except as livestock feed), I decided I would just have to wait until I could afford to buy row covers.
    NOT ANYMORE!
    I know I have a tote somewhere that is missing a lid… aren’t they always? Or I can squeeze out a 5er from the grocery budget for a new one for this year. Hopefully this will buy my plants enough time to get strong before they are covered in cabbage moth caterpillars.
    Would used plastic milk jugs work for lettuce? Any other recycled items?

44. Clifton Daigle on January 23, 2022 at 5:41 pm

Hi Sweet Friends, If you’d like to make a Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving but want an easy way to make the pie crust, I’ve got you covered with this NO-ROLL Crust: https://youtu.be/rNLabKB0Xxk Love, Mary

45. Cynthia Fed on January 23, 2022 at 5:42 pm

Thank you for sharing this video. Looking forward to the indoor microgreen growing video!

46. Batpherlang Kharkrang on January 23, 2022 at 5:42 pm

Hi….. 🎥👍👍👍

47. Joann Guariglia on January 23, 2022 at 5:43 pm

Loved these cold frames! I’ve never heard of them.
    It looks like they could be half underground.
    Or do you just build a frame above ground with a clear top?
    Thanks for teaching us so much!

48. 1978 magical mystery tour on January 23, 2022 at 5:45 pm

i’m gonna do a cold frame & mini green house~i have 1 1/2 acres in north east ohio, and love greens., home grown of course, thanks for the info

49. Carolyn Street on January 23, 2022 at 5:48 pm

I did plant greens in a small tub and it worked great. I bought a bag of potting soil that matched the size of the tote. We live near Abilene Texas and it worked great. Now we’ve built a hoop house and hope to have more winter crops.

50. Mia Pia on January 23, 2022 at 5:49 pm

You are so cute! I love it all! Thanks for sharing! My dream living right here!