#175 Raised Garden Beds – Part 2

#175 Raised Garden Beds – Part 2

Part 2 of the raised garden beds. I put the legs together, add a roofing membrane to protect the wood, then stain the wood with linseed oil.

Not only the membrane will protect the wood from moisture, but it will also form a good barrier from chemicals contained in the pressure-treated wood from migrating into the soil.

Want to see some snow already? See Mike’s video below

1. STEVE ROB REVIEWS on February 13, 2022 at 10:51 pm

Not sure about roofing material , never tried it , not sure if it leaches out into the soil because its oil based . Let me know if you have some strange shaped veggies Joe .😂 Just kidding looks fine .

2. kevin liveez on February 13, 2022 at 10:55 pm

I’m sorry ,but I don’t agree with your vegetable box. I think the roofing materials will leach into your vegetables, as well as the treated wood, and the corner roofing pieces. I absolutely love your design, but not your choice of materials. Try to consider this, would you eat off of the planter box? Will the sun release toxins from the roofing material into your plants? I hate to be a Safety Sally, but I think you are wrong.

3. Freya Chandra on February 13, 2022 at 10:56 pm

I love seeing other small youtubers! It’s so motivating and inspiring! Keep up the great work!

4. Houndsman One on February 13, 2022 at 10:57 pm

Enjoyed the garden bed build and full-watch, Joe. I like the sturdy construction. Have a fine evening. See you on your next video.

5. Homestead Jay on February 13, 2022 at 10:57 pm

Joe! That raised bed is BIG and TOUGH! Ive watched a bunch of these builds and this by far is the best one!! I dont even know if my Kubota BX could lift that when it was empty LOL looks heavy! Nice work with this! You are a fine craftsman for sure!

6. Peter Kober on February 13, 2022 at 11:00 pm

Joe interesting a lot got done now must wait to see vegetables
    God Bless
    PaK

7. RCAFpolarexpress on February 13, 2022 at 11:11 pm

Good evening my friend, very nice looking garden beds !!! and you have a very strong table saw !!! That corner saw is doing a very nice job !!! If you are concern about food contamination ( if any ? ) you can cover it with a non toxic plastic food grade like we do were I work and I can give you the name of few cie of make them,,, Can’t wait to do project with you Joe !!! Cheers !!!

8. Garden Tractor Boy on February 13, 2022 at 11:12 pm

The raised beds look fantastic. I like your idea for the corners. I am looking forward to this years snow pile competition

9. AkDadStuff on February 13, 2022 at 11:13 pm

Hey hey Joe Thanks for the shoutout. And I am hoping we can do a snow pile competition again it was a lot of fun.

10. Denis D on February 13, 2022 at 11:15 pm

Bon jour joe Looking 👀 good and the tart paper think of it as a race to the end all the tings that are going to kill us you need to give all the Chemical a fare shot to kill us lol 😂

11. It's about Making not Buying on February 13, 2022 at 11:21 pm

Nice build. You may want to set the legs on gravel/stone to drain the water away, that’s what I did to slow the rotting of the wood. Good luck on your snow pile. Later

12. Country Family Homestead on February 13, 2022 at 11:22 pm

Great looking project Joe! I didn’t even know you had a table saw 😄. You’ve made a wood project and I’m about to make a steel project. Actually one inspired by your Bolens snowplow videos. I acquired a couple of garden tractor front blades that I plan on welding together and mounting on my Bolens. If only I lived down the road from you like Dave because I may need some help with the fabrication of this project. Oh well, I’ll figure it out.

13. Woods Tree Farm on February 13, 2022 at 11:24 pm

Looks real good! Going around with the trim router adds a nice finishing touch. Thanks for sharing

14. LoggerJohn01 on February 13, 2022 at 11:24 pm

Hello Joe. Looking good. Like Kevin Liveez  commented about concerns about toxins , I’m not so sure too. Ok for flowers but vegetables …maybe not.  You could always give the vegetables to Dave. LOL. Maybe line them something that is safer . Cheers for now

15. Stephen Rhodesian ridgeback 77 on February 13, 2022 at 11:27 pm

Nice strong boxes . Should last a long time . What about plastic drainage foundation mating on the inside . 👍

16. DIY My Way on February 13, 2022 at 11:27 pm

Hi Joe! Wow! They look like fine furniture! Maybe you missed your calling! Great job!

17. GP Outdoors on February 13, 2022 at 11:29 pm

Good day Joe! They are like pieces of art. LOL. Your wife will be most happy I am sure. They look great and are very well built. If you have some leftover wood, perhaps you can make a couple more and ship them over to my place… no need to tell my wife you made them. LOL. Cheers ! Great project and result Joe! Cheers!

18. Grampie's Workshop on February 13, 2022 at 11:32 pm

Salut mon ami!!! Great looking planter boxes. I wouldn’t have thought of the ice and water shield for a lining but that should sure make it water tight!!! I like the linseed oil on the boxes. That should help keep the wood preserved and it looks nice too!!! Can’t be much wrong with that eh!!! LOL Thanks for the series. It was interesting. Very well built planters!!!

19. Ed Cosman on February 13, 2022 at 11:34 pm

I enjoy and find your video’s educational and entertaining. I work away from home during the week, I don’t have much use for television. I find your channel as well as other’s more useful. I am remodeling our small back porch inside would recommend using linseed oil on pine boards I’m putting on walls. To keep it more natural looking.

20. Peewee.31 on February 13, 2022 at 11:44 pm

Or like my dad always joked- I’ve cut it three times and it’s still too short! Lol! That is a very powerful and sharp table saw to run through those 6X6’s!