How To Espalier Fruit Trees | Training Branches To Fit More Trees Into Small Gardens

Charles Malki, Biologist & Plant Expert for https://IVOrganics.com/ demos several fruit trees which are trained to grow in ‘open vase’ form, free-standing espalier, and traditional espalier styles to fit more fruit trees into limited garden spaces. In this lesson, we demonstrate the concepts of training trees using Lemon Trees, Olive Trees, King Palm Trees & Pomegranate Trees. Espalier fruit trees are especially prone to sunburn damage because they lack naturally protecting canopies that shade the underlying tree trunk & lower branches; hence the importance of using IV Organic White Wash products which are now available in colors white, brown, green, grey & greige (this lesson demos grey & greige).
#Espalier #FreeStandingEspalier #IVOrganic

BLIKA Globe String Suspension Hanging Kit, Outdoor Light Guide Wire, Include 164ft Transparent Vinyl Coated 304 Stainless Steel Cable, Turnbuckle and Hooks.(Upgrate Versio, Silver: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HNZVSW1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IV Organic® Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/stores/IV+Organic/page/983847B3-FC01-4098-B7B1-D3E0C9417508?ref_=ast_bln

Thank you for using IV Organic® brand products: https://ivorganics.com/
IV Organic products can be found in 100+ stores nationwide. Contact your local nursery to find out if they stock our product. If not, please ask the manager of your local nursery to call or e-mail us directly; contact (e-mail and toll-free phone) can be found at http://IVOrganics.com/

Stay connected with IV Organic:

The following are more related gardening videos:

Top 7 Tips To Planting A Fruit Tree | World’s Best Tasting Fruit Trees @ Zaiger Genetics

7-11 Potting Tips | 7 DON’TS & 11 DOS | Part 1 of 2

A to Z | ALL ABOUT BARE “NAKED” ROOT FRUIT TREES | SELECTING, PRUNING, PLANTING, PAINTING & MORE

3-IN-1 APPLE TREE | Approach & Cleft GRAFTING | THE 3 SHADES OF IV ORGANICS

Grafting Fruit Trees Any Time Of Year–Biologist & IV Organics Plant Expert, Charles Malki

“My Orange Tree Has 3rd Degree Burns!” — HELP!!! IV Organic 3-in-1 Tree Guard Paint

TOMATO CARE | EGGSHELL PUREE | NPK-CA | PEST CONTROL | IV ORGANIC PLANT GUARD

FISH CONTAIN 60+ ELEMENTS, INCLUDING NPK! An Excellent Organic Addition To Your Garden & Orchard!

Winter Citrus Harvest Time, Is Pruning Time TOO!

Lisa Smith; Arborist, on Extreme Drought, Extreme Rain & Extreme Wind @ Hollywood Hills Garden Club

Q&A w/ Dr. Suzanne DeBenedittis of GreenerWayAssociates.org | Girdling & Sunburn & Pest Control

Summer-Time Pruning Of Fruit Trees For More Spring Flowers & Fruits! |30-DAYS FOLLOW-UP

ANTIBIOTICS FOR ALL PLANTS!!! So EASY…. So NATURAL…. A 100% ORGANIC GARDEN! by IV Organic

5-IN-1 Fig Tree | Grafting & Re-Potting Techniques

Fig Tree w/ 3rd Degree Sun Burns | Up-Side-Down Cutting Method @ La Cañada, California

FRUIT (FIG) TREE TIPS: Winterizing | Pruning | Propagating | Re-Potting | IV Organic Paint

Compost Tea WITHOUT Compost! | YEAR-ROUND Nutritional Foliar Spray | SCALE Pest Control

Part 1 of 4 | GROWING CALIFORNIA NATIVES | Theodore Payne Foundation | Charles Malki & Lisa Novick

Hollywood-Knolls Winter 2017 Garden Club Topics: Shade Plants * Native Plants * Evolution * Organics

Garden Club | Native Flowers & Plants To Support Local Wildlife + Increase Fruit & Vegetable Yields

PART 3 OF 3 | Steve List, teacher @ Sylmar Agricultural Center| Tomatoes | Raised Beds| Living Soil

Be sure to LIKE, SHARE & SUBSCRIBE to watch all the other IV Organic’s educational gardening videos.

1. ryan quinn on February 13, 2022 at 10:39 pm

The Zaigler genetic trees are amazing. I have quite a few added last couple years after trying some out.

2. Lorraine Profeta on February 13, 2022 at 10:40 pm

This guy loves what he does and that’s why he does it so well. Bravo!

3. Jack Aguiar on February 13, 2022 at 10:40 pm

V

4. marezeedo on February 13, 2022 at 10:43 pm

Thankyou for your video, it’s awesome! I have a small pomegranate tree just like yours. I can’t get any information on transplanting them. Currently it’s still on our porch in small container. I want to get it into a larger container in backyard. ( I have no dirt, all concrete). Can you give me tips on size pot, fertilizer, watering and how much sun it needs to produce? We’ve had it for about 2 1/2-3 years.
    Thankyou for all your advice, I love your videos!

5. Child of YAH-u-AH on February 13, 2022 at 10:48 pm

Thanks for the tip on how to repurpose my old water hose…..
    And olive, pomegranate tree training 👍🏽

6. Andre Neill on February 13, 2022 at 10:55 pm

I like the greige

7. Duhhhh on February 13, 2022 at 11:10 pm

Loved this informative video ,thank You for sharing .

8. Vườn hoa hồng Chuẩn Garden TV on February 13, 2022 at 11:12 pm

Thaks

9. Barry S. on February 13, 2022 at 11:21 pm

Thank you for sharing! Great information.

10. IV Organic on February 13, 2022 at 11:24 pm

BOGO [Buy One, Get One FREE] Fertilizer Sale @ https://ivorganics.com/ ends June 7, 2021

11. Little Jordan Farm on February 13, 2022 at 11:25 pm

Great way to maximize your lighting and space. I plant bush style field peas under my indeterminate tomatoes..which as you know kinda vine out plus helps with nitrogen. Could you do that with this method or would it take away from the sun getting through more? Great video

12. Ronen Dvir on February 13, 2022 at 11:28 pm

Thank you. I see you plant many trees in your backyard. I do it also. one big concern for me is root penetration into sewage lines. Do you know where I can find information about this problem (which trees may damage, where is the main damage occur, type of root systems, preventive measures). I can find no research on this subject. for example : if I plant a mango tree and keep it small and watered, will it prevent it from its roots from seeking the lines? If I cut every (lets say) 5 years its tap root, will it prevent future damage?

13. Juguru Teacher on February 13, 2022 at 11:31 pm

Hey Charles. I am new to your channel but from one of the comments it seems you are in Thailand. If this is so you have a permanent sub. I know you don’t want to say where you are in Thailand but could you give the general area. I have about 15-20 different crops growing in my garden but looking to expand my garden based on my climate. I’m in the Hua Hin area. Not sure if that matters much.