How to Grow Snapdragons from Seed – Planting Snapdragon Seed Cut Flower Gardening for Beginners

#Gardening #GrowingFlowers #CutFlowerFarm

OTHER POPULAR UPLOADS –

PROPAGATING HYDRANGEAS

GROWING ZINNIAS FROM SEED

THE MICRO-FARMER’S YEAR

I’m not an expert, I’m just some person with a garden. Thanks for visiting the Freshcutky organic gardening channel. This channel focuses on my journey, as I work to build my own cut flower farm. In the garden, I will answer some of the most common “gardening for beginners” type questions I get, including growing flowers from seed. Growing greens and planting beautiful organic food is something I’m really passionate about. Thank you for joining me as I learn to grow flowers, vegetables, and more.

FRESHCUTKY BLOG:

Welcome

FRESHCUTKY SUBSCRIPTION SOAP BOX:

GET THE FREE GARDEN EBOOK HERE:

^^ By giving me your e-mail for the ebook, you’re also subscribing to my mailing list. I might send a newsletter every once and awhile. I won’t give it to anyone else, and you can unsubscribe anytime. Thanks!

SUPPORT ME ON PATREON!

HAVE QUESTIONS? JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP!

Find “@freshcutky” other places:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/freshcutky
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/freshcutky
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/freshcutky
Snapchat: @freshcutky

Want to work with us? Send an e-mail to freshcutky@gmail.com

—————————————–
Titanium Shop Snips:

DeWitt Landscape Fabric:

Soil Blockers:

I’m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

——————————————————-
Many ornamental flowers and cut flowers are TOXIC. ALWAYS do your own research and take responsibility for the plants that you introduce around your kids, pets, and everyone else. Use common sense when handling plant materials: wear gloves, always wash hands, avoid contact with face, etc. NEVER consume any plant which has not been positively identified with complete certainty to be safe and edible. Before planting anything, research to determine whether specific flowers are considered invasive where you live or if there are laws that apply to their planting in your area.

————————

What is “@freshcutky”?

@freshcutky documents the pursuit of my goal of one day owning my own cut flower farm. Along the way, you’ll see random projects, cooking, and of course – growing stuff. I’m not an expert, and would never claim to be. There’s always more to learn – this is my journey. The purpose of my blog, and other social media accounts (including YouTube) is to share ideas. I do my best to offer information that is useful, but reliance on that information is strictly at your own risk and NOT a substitute for professional advice of any kind. I do not create sponsored content or use affiliate links unless they have been explicitly stated above.

1. Gamernatrix on February 17, 2022 at 10:31 pm

FELLOW KENTUCKYAN FINALLY!! A Kentucky gardener !

2. Moh Abas on February 17, 2022 at 10:32 pm

Thanks that was helpful I’m just doing your recommendations step by step and will see
    Big love from Iraq

3. Victoria Bautista on February 17, 2022 at 10:32 pm

Such pretty flowers. I learned about snap dragons

4. Danielle Grows on February 17, 2022 at 10:33 pm

Great info!! Thank you for sharing this I am about to start 3 different types of snapdragons! I bought a few plants in fall and they have done great here all winter so I look forward to having MANY more come spring! What flowers are your favorite to pare with snapdragons???

5. Leah Allen on February 17, 2022 at 10:34 pm

One of the best videos on growing snapdragons. Most were just lame! Thanks:)

6. Brooke Alexander on February 17, 2022 at 10:35 pm

How to cut snapdragons for fresh cut bouquets? Do they regrow after you cut?

7. Sarah Chavez on February 17, 2022 at 10:35 pm

How do I replant a blossomed snapdragon that I bought from the store?

8. 7astlivkA on February 17, 2022 at 10:36 pm

Also your snapdragons are really amazing!

9. Grow to Eat on February 17, 2022 at 10:39 pm

Hi Can i ask on average how many plants per colour do you prefer to grow in one season, say you want to grow white snaps, how many plants would you need to get a sufficient amount of bloom stalks?

10. Brunt Brunette on February 17, 2022 at 10:39 pm

How many days does it take from seed to harvest time ?

11. Paula Adkinson on February 17, 2022 at 10:41 pm

Very informative. I bought some Snapdragon seeds on sale from Johnny Seeds. Since they are cool weather like you say, I am going to wait and plant these this fall. Thank you for your help. I wish you many blessings with your gardening. With love.

12. Diego Monster Energy on February 17, 2022 at 10:44 pm

its may 1st in minnesota, the days have been a solid 60-69 F every day. first time Ive grown snap dragons (made my first mistake by pouring water over them with a cup instead of lightly misting, yikes) here’s to hoping we get somewhere

13. Allan Anderson on February 17, 2022 at 10:45 pm

I put small seeds in a clear drinking straw. Fold, tape, close one end if you want. Or careful hold a finger over the end. Spread them out the length of the straw and tap, tap, tap the straw to slowly drop them into seed mix. You can add fine sand if the seeds are dust like small like lobelia.

14. Anna F on February 17, 2022 at 10:47 pm

🌱🌸❤️

15. Don Kiko on February 17, 2022 at 10:48 pm

Hello my snapdragon were looking good 2 days ago and now some of them look really sad like they’re sagging do you know why?? I forgot to put water 2 days in a row I hope it’s just a water issue

16. 7astlivkA on February 17, 2022 at 10:48 pm

For dispersing teeny tiny seeds evenly you can use a tea sieve. I place the sieve over my planting container, carefully pour the seeds into the sieve and then shake the sieve around to disperse the seeds. If the holes of your sieve are much bigger than the seeds you can gradually pour the seeds into the sieve while shaking it and moving it around. They will come out evenly like powder sugar on a cake. 🙂

17. JL Bailey on February 17, 2022 at 10:50 pm

I winter sowed snap dragons for the first time this year and they’re coming up beautifully. I can’t wait to see how it all turns out! (Im in zone 6A in MA and have had success with many flower varieties via winter sowing)

18. LeeAnne Hazel on February 17, 2022 at 10:52 pm

So being in central New York it looks like I waisted money on just one pack of snap dragons 😩 I don’t have a hoop house

19. Garden Girl on February 17, 2022 at 10:55 pm

How long does it take snapdragon seeds to germinate?

20. Leah Allen on February 17, 2022 at 10:55 pm

Great video and thanks for sharing. I’m in zone 9 (nw florida) and can’t find out the best info on how and when to start these from seeds. Are these easy to grow?

21. I hope u grow on February 17, 2022 at 10:56 pm

I really wanted to see the part when and how you transplanted the fall sowed snapdragons. It’s my first time to plant them and I’m so impressed with your success after a couple of difficult snapdragon seasons for(I watched your previous starting from seed videos). I hope you can include transplanting to show to your visual/spatial viewership. Good luck and more power to your beautiful flower farm!

22. bella rosa on February 17, 2022 at 10:56 pm

I’ve had good results with winter sowing snapdragons

23. R Nguyen on February 17, 2022 at 10:57 pm

Do you just refrigerate the seed packets? No other treatment, right? Where did you get your snapdragon seeds? This is the prettiest pink color I’ve ever seen! Thank you for sharing your tips!

24. Elizabeth R on February 17, 2022 at 10:57 pm

I winter sowed snapdragons with the milk jug method with great success! I’m so excited to transplant today!

25. Stephanie Warren on February 17, 2022 at 10:58 pm

What is the life span of the snapdragon? I would like them to be blooming in August in Zone 4b/5

26. Robyn Moody on February 17, 2022 at 11:01 pm

What are the white flowers called? The ones next to the snapdragons? You can see them at 4:39

27. Kim Matlock on February 17, 2022 at 11:02 pm

I’m zone 7B north Alabama. Great info, but I have a question. Would I be able to start them now and then put them in the ground with a couple of sets of leaves using a cover or will the cold ground be too much of a shock for them? I’ve never grown them before. Thanks!

28. Eidolin on February 17, 2022 at 11:06 pm

What are the white flowers with the yellow center at 4:41 ?? Please 🙂

29. Andyourlittledog on February 17, 2022 at 11:06 pm

I have had good luck starting snap dragons and foxgloves in straight vermiculite on a sunny windowsill. I’m also in 6b-ish in NJ so thanks for all the great tips 👌🏼

30. Alwahnie Noshahi on February 17, 2022 at 11:07 pm

I have the seeds with me. Your channel is very informative. Thank you ☺️

31. Steven Spencer on February 17, 2022 at 11:07 pm

Thanks, blessing.

32. ANIKET on February 17, 2022 at 11:08 pm

Does it smell..?

33. Juls Knapp on February 17, 2022 at 11:09 pm

I live in zone 8.. further down in georgia. I don’t have any kind of covers. Would you suggest i seed in fall directly in the garden? I didn’t know they needed such a long time growing before they bloomed. Thanks 😊

34. Kelly Funk Garrett on February 17, 2022 at 11:11 pm

I’m in zone 7b. Do you think a low tunnel is enough protection?

35. Yanmeggo on February 17, 2022 at 11:13 pm

I’m in zone 7(close to 6 tho) and I’m planning on starting some snapdragons now. Do you think they’ll make it thru the summer?

36. Jelly Cano UwU on February 17, 2022 at 11:13 pm

Snapdragon have 2 different faces 1. Flower 2. Skeleton

37. Avisala on February 17, 2022 at 11:13 pm

I bought 6 snap dragon plants that were already in bloom last July 2019 and 4 survived the mild winter here in California zone 9b. They started blooming again early January of this year.

38. Rainy Daze on February 17, 2022 at 11:13 pm

I winter sowed seeds in empty milk jugs this past February. They came up beautifully in the spring. Will sow twice as many this winter

39. Laura Silvera on February 17, 2022 at 11:14 pm

I love in Uruguay, south america. here fall is starting, I’m going to try and start some snapdragons on my garden. we don’t get snow, and my flower bed is protected from frost. Hope to get flowers for spring.

40. Yolanda Pierce on February 17, 2022 at 11:18 pm

Snapdragons have the tiniest seeds that I have ever seen. I just pressed my finger in the packet and scattered them on soil 😂 I posted this before watching. I’m 6a Ohio and this was really helpful for me.

41. Valérie Berger on February 17, 2022 at 11:20 pm

It’s gonna be my first flower garden this summer. Thank you so much for your videos !!!

42. Erin Wybrecht on February 17, 2022 at 11:21 pm

So if you plant them in the fall they will bloom in late spring early summer?

43. Mark Glonek on February 17, 2022 at 11:24 pm

My favorite

44. Insane Innocent on February 17, 2022 at 11:27 pm

So beautiful! Thank you!

45. Jaime cocina on February 17, 2022 at 11:27 pm

I like flowers a lot and I use it for my dishes. You have an Interesting channel. Best wishes from JAIME COCINA 388

46. R Nguyen on February 17, 2022 at 11:27 pm

I’m sorry for asking another question. What variety/color snapdragon are you featuring with the white flowers at about 4:48? What are the white ones called also? Thank you so much for the informative video from start to finish!

47. Jingyan Wu on February 17, 2022 at 11:27 pm

So beautiful! What variety is the pink snapdragon in your video?

48. Ohiogrown11 on February 17, 2022 at 11:30 pm

Just found the channel through your zinnia from seed video. Southern Ohio here so I’m guessing our weather is going to be pretty much the same. Looking forward to swapping some ideas from ya!

49. Victoria Bautista on February 17, 2022 at 11:30 pm

A video about harvesting the snap dragon seeds would be good.

50. Sarah Campbell on February 17, 2022 at 11:31 pm

Where are you in KY? I’m in Fleming County and planning to try flower farming! I’m so excited!!