THE ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR A SMALL-SCALE GARDEN!

THE ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR A SMALL-SCALE GARDEN!

We recently had a viewer ask to see how many wheel hoes we use on our farm for this channel. What a great idea! Here we’ll show you each setup and why we like it.

HOSS WHEEL HOES – https://bit.ly/2KRUAYV
WHEEL HOE ATTACHMENTS – https://bit.ly/2Vr1SF4

#hosstools
#growyourownfood
#toolsforsmallgarden
#vegetablegarden

Website – https://bit.ly/2Vr1HcS
Facebook – https://facebook.com/hosstools
Instagram – https://instagram.com/hossgardentools
Twitter – https://twitter.com/toolshoss
Tik Tok – https://www.tiktok.com/@gardeningwithhoss

1. Cody Way on February 20, 2022 at 10:56 pm

Now you need a small tractor and a 4′ tiller. Game changer.

2. Chasin’ tails on February 20, 2022 at 10:56 pm

Welp, I bit the bullet and just ordered 8mil drip tape and fertilizer injector and 1/4 pound of beets seed and a 30 pound bag of 20-20-20!! Thanks Travis and Greg! You guys are my inspiration!

3. Michael Stevenson on February 20, 2022 at 10:57 pm

You did leave out the best small-to-intermediate garden seeder on the market…I will toot your horn for you; I do love my Hoss Seeder…

4. Chris Polk on February 20, 2022 at 11:00 pm

"I like to have all the wheel hoes in different setups because….. It’s our company that makes the best ones, wouldn’t you?"

5. Chasin’ tails on February 20, 2022 at 11:04 pm

And guys this south Texas German boy needs some mammoth dill seed I normally plant a few rows, I use it to pickle my cucumbers

6. Emilio Greenwood on February 20, 2022 at 11:06 pm

Do they make one that is for seating seeds like beans and corn

7. Tony Lopez on February 20, 2022 at 11:06 pm

If you can attach a tilther type tool to a wheel hoe, you can have my money.

8. David Tant on February 20, 2022 at 11:10 pm

Old Dog new tricks. On your web site, if you want to sell more of your extra merchandise you need to put in a merch. product tab on the header. So people don’t have to go to search tab and type in what they want to look at. Just hit the Merch. tab and go and see all your shirts, hats, and everything else you what to sell extra. Keep up the good work on your show and in the garden.

9. Michael Gregorich on February 20, 2022 at 11:14 pm

How do you figure out what attachments to buy to start out?

10. gbparn on February 20, 2022 at 11:15 pm

I got a double wheel hoe and I use the heck out of it. Swapping out attachments isn’t too bad. It does take a little time. I don’t have the tape layer, so plows one way to dig furrow, then plows the other way to cover. Then if in high season, I’m likely weeding, so there’s another swap. I love the tool and it’s made a huge difference in the garden I can grow.

11. JJY EMG on February 20, 2022 at 11:15 pm

You and Dad are awesome. Having 6 hoes is awesome I’m committed to only one hoe. I had a lot more hoes when I had a single garden.

12. Mimsy’s Garden on February 20, 2022 at 11:15 pm

Now we know why the wheel hoes were sold out in the beginning of the “pandemic” lolololol Travis was hoarding double wheel hoes while everyone else was hoarding toilet paper 😂😂😂😂 I love it! 💚

13. She's Gone Country Farms on February 20, 2022 at 11:20 pm

I have a buying a wheel hoe in the budget for this year. We are moving to Missouri and I will be planting a decent sized garden. The intention is for personal use and markets. Im not sure what I should get..help… 🙂 I’ve purchased the majority of seeds from you this year if that helps to see what I need. TY!!

14. Chasin’ tails on February 20, 2022 at 11:20 pm

I would love to see you use the disk attachment!! I watched greg use it Travis but I would like to see why you don’t use it or how you would use it if you’re using the attachment.

15. Get planted on February 20, 2022 at 11:26 pm

Off topic:

When you ruined the potatoes by putting them in the cold cooler, do you know how cold they got? Was the cooler down in the 30’s? Did they freeze?

16. Malinda Lilley on February 20, 2022 at 11:26 pm

I’m so grateful to have inherited my father’s two single wheel hoes that are definitely antiques but was kept in immaculate condition. I’m 50 and I know that they have been around all my life. I would like to know if the Hoss attachments are interchangeable for them.

17. Ed Kirkpatrick on February 20, 2022 at 11:27 pm

How long has Hoss been making wheel hoes

18. Danielle Bradley on February 20, 2022 at 11:28 pm

Do you ever anticipate trouble with the dibbles messing up or puncturing your drip tape? I get nervous about my tape even when I hoe.

19. Stephanie Butler on February 20, 2022 at 11:28 pm

Could you show the use of all of them at a later time. Never knew of these tools. Zone 5b.

20. Brad Warren on February 20, 2022 at 11:31 pm

I often wish you guys had an attachment that will plow a trench but is one solid piece. Much like your two blade plow set except its one implement. Have you guys ever thought of doing something like this? Maybe it could bolt in the back slots of the wheel hoe. Thanks.

21. Robert Schroeder on February 20, 2022 at 11:31 pm

Very good informational video. Planning on reviewing the configurations needed for garden this year.

22. John Cline on February 20, 2022 at 11:35 pm

How much money is sitting on that table?

23. Linkless Tennessee on February 20, 2022 at 11:36 pm

Good information

24. Chicken Johnny on February 20, 2022 at 11:36 pm

I appreciate this video. I’m in the market for a wheel hoe for cultivating beets. On a side note I have two tractors so I can leave one set up for tilling and the other for transplanting. I need one more for drip tape. Thanks for sharing this. Also thank you for supporting SHEDWARS21:.

25. Chasin’ tails on February 20, 2022 at 11:38 pm

Really missed the Row by Row show this week! Hello morning coffee and a new episode of hoss tools!! Thanks Travis for doing these videos!!

26. Robert Pamplin on February 20, 2022 at 11:39 pm

I like to know where I can find them

27. Veda and Christy Ruiz on February 20, 2022 at 11:41 pm

I think Santa is bringing me a wheel hoe for Christmas. Packers took care of business last night. I see them going deep into the playoffs. I hope Hoss Tools and family had a Happy Thanksgiving.

28. Richard OBannon on February 20, 2022 at 11:43 pm

You need one more for the seeder.

29. Leonard Lavalier on February 20, 2022 at 11:45 pm

i didn’t see the seeder in your arsenal. I assume it would be on a single wheel hoe but could it be mounted on a double wheel hoe?

30. FinznFowl82 on February 20, 2022 at 11:46 pm

I’m thinking hard about market gardening and might be purchasing one of these wheel hoes. I just cant decide whether to get the high arch or the double wheel. I really dont think I’ll be using drip irrigation because we normally get too much rain as it is, and being so close to the coast, the dirt stays moist even with extended dry periods.

31. kirk OUT!!! on February 20, 2022 at 11:51 pm

Old tools marketed. These small wheels and plows are all over rural areas , bot without the handles. Lol

32. Bruce Wayne on February 20, 2022 at 11:51 pm

I bought a high arch wheel hoe a couple weeks ago. Of course, too late this year and for now all I’ve done is put a few coats of Danish oil on the handles. Look forward to figuring this out next spring mostly on sweet corn.

33. Tom Mathews on February 20, 2022 at 11:52 pm

Ok, now you’re just showing off! 🙂 I think it’s also worth noting, that if you own, or are considering purchasing a double wheel hoe, that they are easily converted to a single wheel hoe configuration with the purchase of a shoulder bolt, conveniently sold by Hoss Tools. The availability of the spreader bars also opens up many configuration possibilities. Good video, helpful to all I think!

34. Soje on February 20, 2022 at 11:52 pm

Very nice tools. That a chunk of my money. Am lucky buy a hoe! ☮️ HTGDE.

35. Ronnie Pate on February 20, 2022 at 11:54 pm

Lots of good info as always . Thanks Travis .

36. Gary Schmelzer on February 20, 2022 at 11:54 pm

Almost like a car lot instead it’s wheelhoes..I have the double wheel hoe with the 3 cultivator teeth ,sweeps and the plows