Why You Need a Greenhouse…

Why You Need a Greenhouse…

It’s winter here in Tasmania – having a greenhouse means we can still plant veggies that otherwise would be very slow…or wouldn’t grow at all! Also a couple of key tips on greenhouse construction.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/homestead.downunder
Twitter: https://twitter.com/homesteadtassie

1. brett duck on February 27, 2022 at 12:05 am

Hi John,
    You did not mention ventilation . I am in Tassy also but have found in Summer that having each end of my greenhouse fitted with doors covered in Fly screen improves my plant growth . I may have to cover the doors with plastic when winter comes around to stop the frost .

2. Mother Chimp on February 27, 2022 at 12:07 am

Wow nice property, how much land do you have out there?

3. Tim Clark on February 27, 2022 at 12:10 am

Hi John, are you able to grow tomatoes in your greenhouse over Winter?

4. ML6103 on February 27, 2022 at 12:12 am

Are you okay? Sounds like you can’t breathe

5. mark dening on February 27, 2022 at 12:16 am

Really enjoyed your video. Just got my first greenhouse, for self sufficiency reasons, am down the bottom of W.A so similar to your latitude. Have subscribed and look forward to your future releases, Thanks

6. Ruby Gray on February 27, 2022 at 12:27 am

Just what I need! Isn’t the weather amazing at the moment? It usually goes all to heck and beyond after the shortest day, but it’s been like September. The grass is even growing!

7. ClimateDeniers BelongInAsylum on February 27, 2022 at 12:30 am

What part of Tassie are you in?

8. RestAwhile Y'all on February 27, 2022 at 12:30 am

Great info – thank you.

9. BaMenace on February 27, 2022 at 12:34 am

Do you need a permit to build a green house in tassie? And if so.. what it cost?

10. Terry Stapleton on February 27, 2022 at 12:35 am

Hi John,
    Thank you for making these videos. I’m happy to have found a homesteader in Tassie.
    My wife and I purchased a property in Waratah about 12 months ago that we aim to have self sustainable by retirement which is a few years off as I’m only 44.
    The fact you have knowledge of the climate that is relatable is great and I look forward to many more videos in the future.

11. Youtubeanon Account on February 27, 2022 at 12:39 am

Hi John, thanks for your great videos. Just wondering if you have any issues with garden and the strong Tassie winds? I’m planning a setup and wondering how much shelter I’ll need for a greenhouse and if a walled garden is a good idea.

12. John T Cash on February 27, 2022 at 12:56 am

Just found your channel and subbed you Mate. Great info in videos love your videos

13. TorahInstitute on February 27, 2022 at 1:00 am

Thank you for sharing your experience John. I may build a green house later this year.