20+ FRUIT TREES & VEGETABLES IN A GARDEN UNDER 700 SQUARE FEET! | YEAR #2

20+ FRUIT TREES & VEGETABLES IN A GARDEN UNDER 700 SQUARE FEET! | YEAR #2

Charles Malki, Biologist & Plant Expert from http://ivorganics.com/ shares a garden in Los Angeles, California with a backyard of less than 700 square feet that has over 20+ fruit trees, including: (1) 3x Standard Meyer Lemon Trees; (2) 3x Semi-Dwarf Eureka Lemon Trees; (3) 1x Semi-Dwarf Lisbon Lemon Tree; (4) 1x 3-in-1 Apple Tree; (5) 2x Fig Trees; (6) 1x Pomegranate Tree; (7) 1x Loquat Tree; (8) 2x Guava Trees; (9) 3x Avocado Trees; (10) 1x Standard Bearss Lime Tree; (11) 1x Standard Oro Blanco Grapefruit Tree; (12) 1x Standard Valencia Orange Tree; (13) 2x Banana; (14) 3x Grape Vines; (15) 1x Passion Fruit; and so much more!

We hope that this video will inspire you to also grow your own food organically and free of any pesticide, chemical fertilizer and GMO; so that you and your family can consume the highest quality of food.

Be sure to LIKE & SUBSCRIBE to watch all the other IV Organic’s educational gardening videos.

1. Oxen Nguyen on March 25, 2022 at 5:52 pm

Very good, what a stress relive to go to the garden and get your hand dirty and eat fruits from it. Good for you.

2. Permaculture Homestead on March 25, 2022 at 5:58 pm

cool stuff here, i too am growing in the suburbs, 2000 sq ft and 10 different variety of fruit tree with all the berries and support plants too.

3. What's Growing On on March 25, 2022 at 6:03 pm

you need to get on that powdery mildew bro.beautiful garden.im jealous since I live in Texas and we can only grow lemon in pots since the cold gets it.

4. "MORNING GARDENER'S SHOW" on March 25, 2022 at 6:04 pm

so you are keeping the fruit trees small?

5. danielbuda on March 25, 2022 at 6:06 pm

How close can you plant apples peaches or plums to a house if you keep it no taller than 9 feet?

6. CK channel on March 25, 2022 at 6:09 pm

Hi, i live in Huntington Beach, CA. We are in he process of renovating our yards and i would love to put in a lot of the CA native milkweed. Can you please specify the type that you have? Yours look beautiful than those that i googled online. Thanks

7. Benjie Cortes on March 25, 2022 at 6:10 pm

I want to be like your gardening style on my 400 sf ft my zoning is 9a & 9b

8. MrRonin on March 25, 2022 at 6:11 pm

Lovely garden beautiful trees also..

But lets be completely honest it’s unrealistic to be able to grow that many trees into a mature size even quite heavily pruned back.. just the Reed Avocado will need atleast 12×12 ur talking about a tree HALF its proper size the Hass & fuerte? those do grow more of an upright shape (hass tends to loop down a bit more then fuerte) those 3 trees alone will take. 10+10+12 feet equals. 1,024 square feet. plus the lemons, figs, guavas etc. no way to Actually grow them all to proper size Unless u Frankenstein them into 5 foot trees. figs guavas and lemons can produce fruit quite well at that size but not an avocado. and u got 3 of them.
    I mean even at 5 foot each tree U would need 10,000 feet because 5 feet each by 20 trees equals that 10,000 square feet.

i honestly would have grafted all 3 types onto the reed (hass + fuerte) give the other some room to grow that way…

ps; I’m a pomologist in case ur wondering whether i have some clue as to what im talking about or am just some being negative on youtube…

9. sunny s on March 25, 2022 at 6:14 pm

good

10. Wenefreda on March 25, 2022 at 6:15 pm

Can you please give some advice of doing this in a container garden?

11. prashant dagur on March 25, 2022 at 6:15 pm

Apple tree in LA ??? I read somewhere that it can not be grown in LA. Reply ….

12. Etta J on March 25, 2022 at 6:17 pm

what kind of care do you give your citrus in the winter

13. Maria Salazar on March 25, 2022 at 6:18 pm

Beautiful garden good job

14. Garden of Truth on March 25, 2022 at 6:19 pm

It’s not good for the monarch butterfly for you to plant tropical milkweed in non tropical area it keeps them there and they don’t survive the winter they need to go further south South America or they can survive the winter people in non tropical areas plant tropical milkweed are helping destroy the monarch butterfly

15. Liz P on March 25, 2022 at 6:19 pm

I am having a big problem with squirrels, birds and other critters in my yard getting into my fruit trees. We live in Chicago and tried netting but the winds shook the fruit off the trees. Any suggestions on what works best to deter animals from the trees?

16. Matthew Farrell on March 25, 2022 at 6:20 pm

I will have to show this to my gf, she thinks I am crazy, I have 25 fruit trees in a 60sq meter area lol

17. Julio Reyes on March 25, 2022 at 6:20 pm

are all your citrus and fruit tree airlayers

18. cayenne246 on March 25, 2022 at 6:22 pm

what is a safe spacing for such plants? I’m just getting started

19. fryloc77 on March 25, 2022 at 6:24 pm

Thanks for the video. I have ice cream banana plant to. Im in san fernando valley what do you fertilize it with and how often? Thanks again!

20. John Jacob Astor on March 25, 2022 at 6:25 pm

amazing legs! yum.

21. TIME HAS BEGUN on March 25, 2022 at 6:26 pm

would the roots of any of these trees spread close enough to foundation of a house ?

22. Inosencio Soberon on March 25, 2022 at 6:31 pm

Hello there,thanks for sharing your knowledge,your videos have helped with mi little garden,thank you again.

23. mrd05d on March 25, 2022 at 6:31 pm

What is the location here? Climate? Zone? (I noticed you said California. I am wondering if its more Arid or Humid and what low and high temps etc)

24. rush todanger on March 25, 2022 at 6:32 pm

I clicked on this video thinking it would be mature trees in this small space.

25. Jonny_mazerati on March 25, 2022 at 6:32 pm

He’s hot

26. That Guy on March 25, 2022 at 6:35 pm

Bad volume

27. Lina Draney on March 25, 2022 at 6:43 pm

Thank you for supporting the butterflies and yes only use milkweek native to your ecosystem.
    I have a nursery in Miami, FL

28. 79causa on March 25, 2022 at 6:47 pm

Why so many lemon trees, I like the video and I think I will implement putting small plant next to my fruit trees. Thanks again for the video.

29. steveeb on March 25, 2022 at 6:48 pm

Can you tell me where you get your wood chip mulch?