How to record wildlife in your garden at night | Hedgehog's Hollow

How to record wildlife in your garden at night | Hedgehog's Hollow

Welcome to Hedgehog’s Hollow : the land at the bottom of the Garden

What equipment do you need in order to record hedgehogs in your garden?
There are 5 essential pieces of equipment you will need to record hedgehogs and other wildlife in your garden, and in this video I will review the equipment I have.

Follow this link to see my recommended kit options for recording hedgehogs in your garden:

To subscribe to the channel, follow this link:

Sign up for our monthly newsletter:

Visit the Hedgehog’s Hollow website:

1. David Ogle on April 4, 2022 at 6:24 pm

Excellent thank you

2. Giuseppina Tirocchi on April 4, 2022 at 6:24 pm

Is there a camera with USB recharger rather than batteries?

3. jirina satavova on April 4, 2022 at 6:27 pm

I like to watch your videos and learn a lot about hedgehogs’ lives from them, and it helps me a lot. I saved 5 little hedgehogs, they cut their mother with a lawn mower, so I took them to the garden and I feed every day. we have built houses for them but they do not sleep there every day. we also installed a photo trap, eat goes but I don’t know if all five or just some.

4. tiajones709 on April 4, 2022 at 6:29 pm

Thank you – this is so helpful. Have ordered the full kit. Can’t wait to try it out.

5. pete Ty. on April 4, 2022 at 6:32 pm

πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

6. Giuseppina Tirocchi on April 4, 2022 at 6:37 pm

Where are the links?

7. Sam P on April 4, 2022 at 6:38 pm

How long do the (1.2Volt) rechargeable batteries last? I use Alkaline (1.5Volt) batteries and, by the time their output is down to 1.3Volt, the camera says they are exhausted.

8. Giuseppina Tirocchi on April 4, 2022 at 6:38 pm

Sorry got it. Ry are in the video, I was looking in the comments!

9. TheCockmeister on April 4, 2022 at 6:38 pm

Went for the Apeman H55 myself…had it about 2 months now….. only time it’s let me down is when I forgot to check the battery level….PLEASE tell me MIke…on occasion the video will flicker a bit…again does that happen when battery power is getting low ? Just wondering if the H45 camera’s that you have give you any tell tail signs ?

10. Jenny Keal on April 4, 2022 at 6:38 pm

I have a campark 45 camera and like you have thousands of video clips. My camera looks remarkably similar to yours so I guess from the same manufacturer. I spend a lot of time reviewing the nightly footage of my 4 regular hoggie visitors . It is very rewarding to see their antics, inside and outside the feeding station. I like the transparent crates so you can see them when they are feeding. I also have two sleeping boxes but they are not occupied at the moment. I’m hoping they will hibernate in them. I also feel that I am looking out for any problems that they might have, like ticks etc. So far there has only been one casualty, a young hog who had lost a leg and had to be put to sleep due to infection . Thanks for all your information videos. I am a member of the Hedgehog highways Facebook group which has masses of helpful information.

11. SammyG on April 4, 2022 at 6:41 pm

Hi Mike, I have just ordered two hedgehog houses for my garden, would you recommend using rechargeable batteries in the camera you use
    ? I’m loving your super informative videos! I feel I’m getting such a fabulous education on these beautiful creatures πŸ¦”

12. Giuseppina Tirocchi on April 4, 2022 at 6:48 pm

What is the best reasonable priced video camera?

13. Moya Scott on April 4, 2022 at 6:54 pm

I’ve just bought a camera like yours, so learning to use it.

14. Daisy on April 4, 2022 at 6:58 pm

I noticed most of the cams you recommend on your list are wifi. Are you able to see live footage via your wifi connection?

15. tonyf68 on April 4, 2022 at 7:00 pm

This is a really useful video! Thanks for sharing all this information Mike πŸ‘

16. Michelle on April 4, 2022 at 7:10 pm

My camera just arrived so glad for the tips

17. Neil Atkinson on April 4, 2022 at 7:16 pm

The link no longer shows the Apeman camera, have you done an update video? Any other UK places (or Amazon) supplying this device or can you recommend an updated product?

18. Mike Feddersen on April 4, 2022 at 7:20 pm