Backyard Greenhouse Tour | Placement, Setup, & Gear!

Backyard Greenhouse Tour | Placement, Setup, & Gear!

Join Chris as she gives a FULL tour of her medium-sized backyard greenhouse, including placement, shelving, heating and cooling systems, as well as a bit of what’s growing this time of year.

00:00 – Intro
09:20 – Heating Hack
09:41 – Partition
10:25 – Airflow
11:40 – Temperature Regulation
13:22 – Outro

IN THIS VIDEO

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Other links may be affiliate links as well, in which Epic Gardening earns a small commission for referring a sale.

→ BC Greenhouse: https://www.bcgreenhouses.com/

→ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/epicgardening
→ FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/epicgardening/
→ TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@epicgardening
→ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/epicgardening
→ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/epicgardening

DISCLAIMER

Epic Gardening occasionally links to goods or services offered by vendors to help you find the best products to care for plants. Some of these may be affiliate links, meaning we earn a small commission if items are purchased. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. More info on our process: https://www.epicgardening.com/disclaimer/

1. Takisha's Age-Free Beauty Zone on April 17, 2022 at 6:11 pm

Thanks for sharing your greenhouse Chris, it’s beautiful!

2. PrayerOpensDoor on April 17, 2022 at 6:11 pm

Loved her video, does she have a channel. Thanks from 🇨🇦

3. Mebel Silver on April 17, 2022 at 6:13 pm

I totally got rid of my Herpes after using the herbal medications I got from Dr. Umoru on YouTube may God continue to bless you with more wisdom…

4. tee m on April 17, 2022 at 6:14 pm

i would like to know how much that model cost please?

5. Ottz on April 17, 2022 at 6:14 pm

I’m asking this question on the latest video as I hope I may be more likely to get a response from anyone. I’ve just started and I really would like to grow mangos and avocados. I know that you can’t grow good edible stuff from the seed, and that you have to graft from a tree that has already produced good mangos and avocados (at least I think that’s how it works). However I don’t know where exactly I can get what I need in order to graft and, as far as I’m aware, no one near me in rainy England grow mangos and avocados for eating. What’s the best way to do this? I’ve heard people talk about ordering from nurseries, but I’m often hesitant to do it out of fear that I may get scanned. Any help would be appreciated.

6. Lenda Guyton on April 17, 2022 at 6:17 pm

Really good info!

7. Waykeeper Farm and Nerdery on April 17, 2022 at 6:18 pm

This is so helpful, I can’t get enough of this greenhouse content. Keep up the awesomeness!

8. Kevin Brawl Stars on April 17, 2022 at 6:19 pm

I love how her plants in the greenhouse are looking so healthy! I think its because its protected from pest and disease unlike plants grown outside in the open.

9. Alan Zhang on April 17, 2022 at 6:19 pm

Epic Gardening should make garden gnomes in Kevin’s image that pop up from behind plants. I’d buy them.

10. Debora Kinsall on April 17, 2022 at 6:26 pm

Thank you Chris! I am curious how the overcast skies during your rainy season impacts your ability to warm the green house. Do you have to heat it during the day too?

11. Green Plants on April 17, 2022 at 6:26 pm

What State do you live in?

12. Matthew hurt on April 17, 2022 at 6:27 pm

Can we get an updated berry plant video lol and harvesting and other information like that? I love your videos!!!!!!!

13. Janice Wilson on April 17, 2022 at 6:29 pm

I have this same greenhouse. Love seeing your set up. I have a waist high growbed set up in mine. I use it for early starting dahlias etc. I move it outside during summer. I’m in Bellingham, Washington. We get the same weather as you.

14. N Chester County News on April 17, 2022 at 6:30 pm

Is a greenhouse heated and a high tunnel not heated?

15. Akmetalhead95 on April 17, 2022 at 6:30 pm

Man, I really wish I could have a nice greenhouse like that, but $6-8k is a ton of money. 😭

16. Jamie Wood on April 17, 2022 at 6:31 pm

Micro farm for sale $140k 12ac MO 2 tiny homes well water/solar/etc Jacks Fork Farmstead Hwy 137 Willow Springs MO won’t let me send link maybe it will show on Zillow doesn’t qual for loan cash only option. Good luck and Godspeed

17. Nanette Lai on April 17, 2022 at 6:31 pm

Yassss

18. Rozann Martin on April 17, 2022 at 6:36 pm

Can you address growing tomatoes here in the Vancouver / Fraser Valley. Without a greenhouse it seems impossible with Blight.😊

19. Virginia Victory Garden on April 17, 2022 at 6:37 pm

That’s a nice size greenhouse for most backyard gardeners. Good use of the space.

20. Laurie Langley on April 17, 2022 at 6:38 pm

what kind of reflective panels do you have in there?

21. iamthewelcher on April 17, 2022 at 6:38 pm

Good stuff !

22. Yadira Mendez on April 17, 2022 at 6:40 pm

Hi I just subscribed to your channel ☺ I have a question, where did you order your greenhouse from?

23. Goran Breškić on April 17, 2022 at 6:41 pm

I live in a very continental climate with long and very hot summers (=long growing season) and short, but often very cold winters and this combination of zones on the channel is really helpful.

24. pjwhite1002 on April 17, 2022 at 6:41 pm

This was a great intro for me about greenhouses. I’m in southern California right now, though we’re planning to move somewhere to the mid-West soon. However, as food prices are skyrocketing, I want to grow some of our own veggies and fruits. BUT, I am very concerned about growing anything outside these days because God knows what they’re spraying in the skies and what’s it’s doing to the soils and the plants, and I don’t want to eat anything that’s been exposed to whatever is coming down from those chemtrails. Are there any other options aside from a greenhouse that we could employ that we could build ourselves for not too much money? We’ve got a good size backyard that is kind of a mess at the moment as my husband is trying to plant some trees and shrubs, and a collection of "stuff", but there’s still plenty of space to grow food as well. And it gets sun nearly all morning and afternoon though it’s on the north side of the house. The sun just shines down all day, and it can and does get very hot in the summer here. And little to no rain from April on. Oh, and our current soil is useless (dry sandy to hard clay) though plenty of weeds have no problem growing in it! 🤪 So we’ll have to get some good dirt in here for whatever we wind up doing. Whatever you can suggest would be brilliant! Thanks so much!

25. sir eatsallot on April 17, 2022 at 6:41 pm

Very nice video. Here to prevent overheating we paint the south facing roof with chalk. The moment it gets cloudy and rainy it rains off the windows so that the greenhouse can warm back up after rainy days. The flow water is used to water the plants. Because it has the chalk already in it we dont need to add it to the soil to provide additional Calcium or adjust the pH.

26. Skyisland17 on April 17, 2022 at 6:43 pm

I see that this is a common comment but….while I love Epic Gardening, the addition of Chris really adds a lot of value for me. I live in a colder zone then Epic main and these topics are great for me. Also she seems cool.

27. Sandi De'ak on April 17, 2022 at 6:43 pm

A video review of polycarbonate greenhouse manufactured in the USA. Thank you!🌱💕

28. zoa nesbit on April 17, 2022 at 6:44 pm

Hey, I’v been enjoying your videos, I’v done here https://youtu.be/UYp0KjPdSvM about cloning onions, could you take a look and give me feedback?

29. Milda on April 17, 2022 at 6:44 pm

Thank you. I’m sorry that my question has nothing to do with this video but I couldn’t find any information on the internet. I bought a few bags of hardwood pellets mainly for fuel but I’d like to find out if they can be used as mulch.

30. Stacey (Jon and Stacey DIY) on April 17, 2022 at 6:45 pm

This is awesome! I had no idea a greenhouse would let someone in Canada grow tropical fruit! Wow!

31. Gwynne Virts on April 17, 2022 at 6:48 pm

Everyone who has a greenhouse says they wish it was bigger. Myself included.

32. DasNavigon on April 17, 2022 at 6:49 pm

I will soon build a trellis out of wood for a dragonfruit plant. Should I treat the part that is in the ground and if so, with what?

Can somebody answer me please

33. Xalli Gonzales on April 17, 2022 at 6:49 pm

im so jealous of your backyard. I really wish I had less house and less pool and more space for gardening.

34. Debbie Sampath on April 17, 2022 at 6:49 pm

Sorry, I went to click the LIKE icon & it hit the dislike one!! Please ignore it!!! GREAT video!!!!! Love this collaboration!!!

35. Denise B on April 17, 2022 at 6:52 pm

Chris is awesome! Always has great tips and info. 🌞

36. Natural Oil Wonders on April 17, 2022 at 6:53 pm

I thought we’d catch a peek of your greenhouse Kevin. But I didn’t mind Chris’s tour at all. Too bad our home doesn’t have much real estate for one.

37. Jonathan Z on April 17, 2022 at 6:54 pm

Just want to say, Chris has been a fantastic addition to the Epic Gardening team.

38. Shelly Bihari on April 17, 2022 at 6:54 pm

How do pollinators get into the greenhouse.

39. marika jewell on April 17, 2022 at 6:55 pm

I love that you have Chris as a contributor here on the Epic Gardening channel! And I specifically enjoyed how you introduced her and then "poof" we were transported to Vancouver lol

40. JW on April 17, 2022 at 6:57 pm

Absolutely wonderful greenhouse and energy. Thank you for the inspiration xx

41. Pattie Thompson on April 17, 2022 at 7:01 pm

I am new to watching your videos. Enjoy them very much.. where in San Diego do you get Espoma potting soil? I’ve been calling every nursery in East county looking for Land and Sea.

42. Sandi De'ak on April 17, 2022 at 7:01 pm

Such great information! Chris covers all the details so thoroughly! This helps me to plan for my future greenhouse! Thank you!👏💕

43. Alexander A on April 17, 2022 at 7:03 pm

Why isn’t she using your seed trays yet ;)?

44. Marcus2233 on April 17, 2022 at 7:05 pm

Lovely greenhouse that, makes me wish I could have a bigger one (4×6), if you need to get the temps down in summer, wet the floor with a hose pipe, drops the temp back quite bit plus if you got any spider mites makes it quite uncomfortable for them, im growing in autopots in my greenhouse this year, keeps roots cool and the plants don’t really suffer, most of my plants suffered last year till I hosed the floor down, all but a Carolina reaper 🌶 which seamed to just laugh at the sun

45. Nicole’s Garden on April 17, 2022 at 7:05 pm

Wonderful to see a fellow Canadian gardener on the channel, and thanks for the greenhouse tour! Hello from Nova Scotia! I built a small 6×9 foot greenhouse with lumber and my neighbours old windows then painted it purple, it’s quite a lovely feature in the garden now 🙂

46. Epic Gardening on April 17, 2022 at 7:08 pm

Now that you’ve seen Chris’ full greenhouse, what greenhouse growing topics should we cover next?

47. Charlotte Ralff on April 17, 2022 at 7:09 pm

Thank you for this segment! I’ve been contemplating a hoop house for years to over winter pomegranate trees and the like, and start plants from seeds and have a source of winter greens. I’m worried about bugs, mold, mildew. Can you do a segment on greenhouse management. I recently found scale on rose cuttings I started 6 months ago in my kitchen window. I wouldn’t want to lose a whole greenhouse of plants to pests.

48. SizzlinWok on April 17, 2022 at 7:09 pm

how much does this green house cost?

49. Greg Oltmanns on April 17, 2022 at 7:10 pm

How do you water your plants? I have bought misting systems hooked into timers that allow it to water twice a day.

50. winddmmy on April 17, 2022 at 7:10 pm