Indoor Salad Gardening with Peter Burke

Indoor Salad Gardening with Peter Burke

Learn how to grow an indoor salad garden with Peter Burke! This workshop will focus on growing a steady supply of a variety of fresh greens with only a cupboard and a windowsill. Ready to harvest in just 7 to 10 days, grow greens that are good for both fresh salads and to cook in a stir fry! Whether it is winter or you’re living in an apartment, there is no reason not to have a garden. Peter Burke will show you how to grow the bulk of your salad greens indoors, about 12-14 ounces a day! An equipment list will be sent out in advance if you wish to follow along with the demo, but you are more than welcome to simply “watch and learn”. Great for you locavores out there, there is nothing more local than your own windowsill.

1. Safiyat Hamiss on April 17, 2022 at 6:10 pm

Thank you so much for this demo class. I brought the book at the beginning of pandemic 2020. Im now a garden coach teaching people how to grow food in their yard and indoors.

2. Cruzn vso on April 17, 2022 at 6:17 pm

Once harvested, do the Sprouts regrow, or do I need to replant new seeds to get more Sprouts?

3. Safiyat Hamiss on April 17, 2022 at 6:22 pm

I also run after school gardening program and soil sprouts is on my winter gardening schedule. 💚💛💚

4. Lit' AHSr. on April 17, 2022 at 6:27 pm

why can’t u just use paper towel instead of the soil?

5. Amanda K on April 17, 2022 at 6:29 pm

Also, I watched the whole program after the live stream and I’m from Washington, DC. Thanks for hosting it!

6. topclass2008 on April 17, 2022 at 6:32 pm

fantastic presentation from a brilliant and knowledgeable teacher

7. M Sales on April 17, 2022 at 6:38 pm

8. Amanda K on April 17, 2022 at 6:39 pm

Is it possible to ask Peter about using either of the two Germination Mixes from Johnny Seeds? Both already contain fish meal, seaweed meal, and ingredients that suggest it contains compost. They have a Johnny’s 512 mix, and the Johnny’s Germination Mix that has extra perlite and sphagnum moss. My question is that if I used either of these, would I still want to add my own Kelp Meal, compost, and Liquid Kelp?