Stroll through a Florida Landscape designers backyard. Plant names and more of tough tropicals

Stroll through my garden with me to see some of Florida’s tropical plants/trees that last and look great In all seasons. I’m a landscape designer in Vero Beach FL. Sharing some of my absolute favorites plants and trees I use daily in my designs. I’ll explain a little about their temperaments and what areas of the garden they can be used in. If you live along with the Space or Treasure coast then this may be a helpful video for you. Hope it inspires the rest of the plant addicts like me to get out in their garden and plant. If you would like more help with having me come out. My husband and I own Construction Landscape co. In Vero Beach Fl. Reach out to us by 772-492-8382 or check out the how it works page for more info. https://constructionlandscapeinc.com/how-it-works/ Thank you and hope you enjoy the tour!

1. ANJANYA AYNAJNA on April 17, 2022 at 6:06 pm

You talk too much

2. Hope Situmbeko on April 17, 2022 at 6:08 pm

wow wow. Didnt even see the time go by. so much inspiration and ideas for arranging my garden.

3. Kim_m D on April 17, 2022 at 6:08 pm

Those plants in the blue pots on your porch are stunningly gorgeous. What kind are those? I love your garden, so beautiful.

4. Gary Marshall on April 17, 2022 at 6:10 pm

Of the feather palms , which can take full sun? What is the smallest size, to be planted? Also can crotons take full sun ??

5. Crafty Stash on April 17, 2022 at 6:12 pm

Just found you, new subbie.. Difficult to find Florida gardener channels…we are in West Central Coast , North of Tarpon Springs..thanks for Florida garden info 😁

6. Mary Kelley on April 17, 2022 at 6:12 pm

3.18.22 – Hello Jennifer – what a beautiful backyard, you have given me so much inspiration that I have a big question for you. I am looking to plant a foxtail palm next to an established 30′ (regular?) palm tree. It would be 5.5′ ft away. Would that be too close? All the nursery tags say 15′-20′ away. Looking at your yard, it seems they are a bit closer. But I wanted an expert opinion first. Thank you in advance!! Keep those videos coming, they are delicious eye candy!

7. Maria Serra -Queenmeetsgreen on April 17, 2022 at 6:12 pm

I live in Cutler Bay and so hot , humid and limestone but a girl can dream 😆

8. Margaret Maguire on April 17, 2022 at 6:13 pm

Absolutely amazing, I’ve started a tropical garden here in Australia 3 years ago but I now have so much info from you can’t wait to do much more thanks 👍😀🌺

9. Katherine Cornette on April 17, 2022 at 6:14 pm

I don’t live in Florida but garden up in NCarolina and I love the different contrasting foliage of your garden. Maybe one day I’ll be in Florida. Thank you for sharing your garden 🌴

10. Rhonda Mahaffey on April 17, 2022 at 6:15 pm

Beautiful Master Class😃

11. Elizabeth LaBella on April 17, 2022 at 6:16 pm

Such a great video. Beautiful garden and you have such an inviting warm way 😊
    Any idea where I can find the curly leaved green copper leafs. I’m on the east coast of fl…

12. laurie beard on April 17, 2022 at 6:16 pm

Thank you for a wonderful tour of your tropical paradise! I will be contacting you coming up to run some ideas of what I want to do with my yard too. Great inspiration!

13. TLC Herbal Therapy on April 17, 2022 at 6:16 pm

Thanks much Vi…. entirely wonderful!

14. Catherine Cook on April 17, 2022 at 6:19 pm

Truly stunning inspiration!
    My daughter just moved to Ft Myers, older home w no front landscape. Searching for yard ideas and yours are stunning!

15. Arthur Sabulaev on April 17, 2022 at 6:20 pm

HI EVERYONE. THIS VIDEO IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE LEARN RUSSIAN | ВСЕМ ПРИВЕТ. ТОЛЬКО ДЛЯ ТЕХ, КТО УЧИТ РУССКИЙ ЯЗЫК: https://youtu.be/JPhQqPKMsg4

16. 100 fold return on April 17, 2022 at 6:23 pm

You have a beautiful yard and I do love the Madagascar Palm. I hate thorny plants but I might make an exception with that one. Thanks for sharing.

17. Karyn McCorcle on April 17, 2022 at 6:23 pm

I could look at your garden for hours and hours. Absolutely wonderful!

18. Bizzy Lyana on April 17, 2022 at 6:23 pm

garden is pretty but the camera man makes me dizzy

19. Georg Weyand on April 17, 2022 at 6:24 pm

Gorgeous garden! Thanks for this video. Too bad you are not close to Naples.

20. Tuned In Tight on April 17, 2022 at 6:24 pm

Absolutely Beautiful! (landscape looks good too…) 😘

21. 1ilgrillo on April 17, 2022 at 6:26 pm

Just Wow! I don’t watch many long videos but couldn’t put this one down. Thank you

22. Venessia Holbert on April 17, 2022 at 6:27 pm

Like the video before the tour even started! Steel is so handsome!! Now let me start the tour lol

23. Bud Curtis on April 17, 2022 at 6:27 pm

Great video on the progression of your great landscape. What is the silvery, bromeliad-yucca looking plant in the foreground at 31.46?

24. Debbie Verret on April 17, 2022 at 6:28 pm

Never perfect? Looks pretty perfect to me. Love your knowledge and well spent time inspiring others to do the same.

25. A Darens on April 17, 2022 at 6:29 pm

Omg are you kidding me??!!!! You’re yard is perfect!!!!!! Omg stunning!!! This is was I’ve been trying to find!!! Wow wish I could afford you!!! I know a lot of people tell you that.. sorry but wow.. I wish I could achieve just a fraction of this type of look in the yard!!!!

26. Amy Mallett on April 17, 2022 at 6:29 pm

Oh my gosh I am 6 minutes in and already drooling. You are my plant spirit guide!! I am going to binge watch your entire channel! I am a novice, located in the Tampa Bay area the area. My backyard is currently a blank slate (with blinding white vinyl fence), starting from scratch, and I am here for the gospel! XOXO

27. Jaime Brestel on April 17, 2022 at 6:32 pm

How do you maintain your perfect edges between mulch and grass without a physical border?

28. Gayathri Sridharan on April 17, 2022 at 6:36 pm

Which sod variety is this? Beautiful garden, love it

29. Love Juice on April 17, 2022 at 6:38 pm

Awesome thanks so much, this vid is exactly what I’ve been looking for! I’m Planning to ad some bougainvilleas towers too.

30. Andrew Tremelling on April 17, 2022 at 6:39 pm

This is so inspiring, the combinations of colour and textures are beautiful. Thank you for the update and sharing

31. Fribelene Soliven on April 17, 2022 at 6:41 pm

Love your backyard garden. It’s so refreshing and relaxing just sitting out there surrounded with all those sorts of greeneries.

32. Evan Spark on April 17, 2022 at 6:42 pm

wow gorgeos lady!

33. M Woodson on April 17, 2022 at 6:43 pm

Absolutely lovely!!!

34. DJ on April 17, 2022 at 6:45 pm

Beautiful garden.👌! Takes a lot of money 💰 to have a garden like that. Good video. Praise Almighty God for all his amazing plants, flowers, trees, grass etc. Almighty God is to be worshipped & highly praised, Amen. 🙏!

35. BELIEVE FLOWER on April 17, 2022 at 6:45 pm

Salam kenal untuk semua 🙏

36. Esgie Gee on April 17, 2022 at 6:45 pm

Wow!!!♥️♥️♥️

37. Anna Poole on April 17, 2022 at 6:47 pm

I love this video!!! And love your pitty too!!!!!! You have a beautifully designed place…I fee! That mine is always changing too!!!! True gardeners are on the ready for change!!! 😍❤

38. Dream on April 17, 2022 at 6:48 pm

Gorgeous wow..this is very inspiring. I think I will start on my grass first lol.

39. Mary Lisa George on April 17, 2022 at 6:50 pm

Lovely. Moving to Panama in a year and this helps a lot. Living in the north, I’m not as familiar with tropicals and this will be a humongous learning curve as I have a cottage garden in Michigan.

40. Carol McGlocklin on April 17, 2022 at 6:50 pm

I really want to learn how to combine beauty and function—feed me, body and soul to soar.

41. Jenny Jacome on April 17, 2022 at 6:52 pm

Please come to Boca Raton, FL and do my backyard. You are an artist!

42. Carol Smith on April 17, 2022 at 6:52 pm

Absolutely loved your video. Wrote down many names of plants in your yard. There was one plant I could not find. You called it a dioon palm aka dinosaur palm. I tried to find this. Is there another name for this palm ? thank you, keep the videos coming. Want to watch all.

43. K More on April 17, 2022 at 6:56 pm

Thanks for sharing! Totally my inspiration 🌞 wonderful job!!!

44. Tatyana Lel on April 17, 2022 at 6:58 pm

My red ti cordoline frosted here in Jax when it was cold, what should I do now? How to revive them?

45. Marilou Dizon on April 17, 2022 at 6:58 pm

Makes me dizzy. Too fast. I could have enjoyed it.

46. ctysonjr1963 on April 17, 2022 at 6:59 pm

Impressive…!! wow…. thank you for sharing..!

47. FIUPanther305 on April 17, 2022 at 6:59 pm

Amazing amounts of colors and textures, great video!

48. Peter Rocc on April 17, 2022 at 7:00 pm

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: (Heb 9:27)
    And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: (Acts 17:30)
    I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. (Luke 13:5)
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
    For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Romans 10:13)

49. MultiAkantor on April 17, 2022 at 7:00 pm

Gorgeous garden and landscaping! I am trying to make something like this come to life and your video was SO HELPFUL! Thank you!
    One question: will these plants survive if they are all planted so close together at the same time? or do you have to plant them in stages (and if so, what should come first)? Thank you!!!

50. Gregg Ebert on April 17, 2022 at 7:03 pm